Tfw moving to bruxelles next month to work as a translator for european commission

>tfw moving to bruxelles next month to work as a translator for european commission
>signed a 6 year contract

i am going to get murdered, am i?

Other urls found in this thread:

de.indeed.com/Node-Js-Jobs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>6 year contract
>EU
>existing in 6 years
Hello future unemployed

>working for EU

not even once

chance of you getting murdered is very low. the chance of the EU dissolving in 6 years is higher than your murder likelihood.

it's crazy money, hrvoje

however i am having serious doubts since last week. can't change my mind now though.

No. You are supposed to make some good money though.

Enjoy the 50k bonus and the exclusive EU worker spas. You have successfully joined the elite.

Just ride along and see what life will give you

>Implying the EU will survive another 6 years

Top kek my non white friend!

Be Sup Forums's inside man.

Also, "accidentally" fuck up translations to deliver bantz

>Working for the EU

My girlfriend has an Advanced Masters in European Studies (Politics and governance) and she noped the fuck out.

The EU is becoming Soviet tier. But they'll take good care of you. However, do you mind leaving your name and address so I can find you when the time is ripe?

>Enjoy the 50k bonus and the exclusive EU worker spas

w-what? none of that shit is in my contract. there are some bonuses mentioned but no strict numbers.

obviously she's not giving a fuck because she has other just as good opportunities living in belgium

i will earn my yearly (current) croatian salary in less than two months working there so it was never much of a dilemma

Just wondering,what languages are you fluent in,Ivane?

>i am going to get murdered, am i?
One can hope.

croatian, english, german, french. applied only for english/german.

i worked as a teacher in junior school in croatia. only part time, couldn't get full time hours.

>50k
>elite

Kek a fucking hipster node.js developer makes like $80k in berlin, $50k aren't elite status

>croatian, english, german, french

Not greek ? You should learn greek in order to be able to translate for Troika and ECB negotiations with greek authorities.

Yeah,well I guess you know better than me how much the employment system in schools is corrupt.
Sretno u Belgiji!

Y-you work for Sup Forums now, you must mention kek and the kikes at least once pretending its a translation...

>50k/year
>elite
Hahhahaha, you welfare leeching trash. You are so disconnected from reality.

>6 year contract
>commiting this long to the ewige jude

enjoy living the life at the expense of all europeans though, they say it's pretty luxurious over there

50k bonus, added onto the salary, fucktard

If his partner makes that much as well they'd be in the top 5% of earners most likely, its you whose disconnected from reality.

Wow so it would only take me to learn French and I am more useful than you, and I am just 19.Cool.

>node.js developer makes like $80k in berlin

Tell me more.

w-what?

>signed a 6 year contract
wtf is this the army? Sounds like they're fucking you over, you're a translator it;'s not like they're sinking money into your training like an air traffic controller or other very technical job.

I mean I would already be more useful as translator because languages I know are german, polish and english, and I am young.So I am thinking of a translator career too.

de.indeed.com/Node-Js-Jobs

If he thinks a simple translator receives a 50k bonus then he is even more disconnected from reality.

go for it, man. it's a beautiful work if you're fit for it.

and french language wasn't even a requirement in my case, i'd have very likely gotten the job even if i didn't know a word of it.

>tfw no way out

also this

how much of those 80k does merkel take?

>6 year contract in the EU

wat

>croatian
>a real language

Well I think politician is still better job.
Or archeology.Fuck I really can't choose.

i must confirm this, my yearly salary won't be much bigger than 50k so it would be delusional to expect a bonus of 50k on top of it

You're actually retarded. Thank fuck I'm not teaching English to you fucks. Pretentious. Rather teach where people don't think that they're automatically fluent in English typing on a Latin American gender studies message board; meanwhile you probably sound like an autistic parrot speaking the language.

Shiit I always thought your wages were shit.

I sound fine, better and more understanable than average nigger, so you would be fine with me, 60% goy.

Not with that sentence you don't.

Still bettah than ya nigga ya craka mafaka? XD
I never claimed to have a c2 level of native speaker, I am just c1 and I think its fine.

Does anyone else see a risk level with having a Sup Forums as a translator?

For translating? It isn't. Translation jobs are literally the pinnacle of jobs and you have to be basically considered fluent. Case in point, to be a translator at my university I need to put in more than 15 years of language training (Russian)

>signing a 6 year contract with an organisation which will dissolve in 2 years

I haven't been a translator for EU, obviously, but I used to translate for some ''big people from Europe'' at university events, and what they value is fast mind and ability to improvise with nice adopted translations.Being this kind of translator is cool, translating texts is boring as fuck.

you mean interpreting

KILL JUNCKER!

Yes, obviously, I've always thought that interpreting is considered a branch in translator profession.

simultaneous interpretation is ten times more difficult than translating texts. to become a good interpreter, you must finish whole another college major on top of knowing the language(s) perfectly and it's almost impossible to find a good interpreting job without majoring in it.

K-keep us posted user

> I've always thought that interpreting is considered a branch in translator profession.

I think the superordinate term is language mediator m8.

It is very taxing for your brain. I can't do that shit for longer than 30 minutes without a break.

You don't necessarily have to have a degree in that. You just need the skills. You can gain those through practice. Interpreting is mainly practice. The only precondition is a capable brain.

>You don't necessarily have to have a degree in that. You just need the skills. You can gain those through practice. Interpreting is mainly practice. The only precondition is a capable brain.

everything you say stands, but like i said - it is almost impossible to find a proper full time work in that branch unless you major in it. pure linguistics degree just won't cut it.

Are you talking about a regular job or self-employment?

i'm talking about regular, full time job

Or you just go and get hire as business assistant and then get noted for your quick brain, suitable for interpreting.I've seen this happen to two different people.

Well, those cunts don't care about your actual skills or experience.

Can you kill Juncker, Hollande and Merkel for us?

He is office rat, he will only kill himself after first year of contract ends.

i seriously doubt a book worm like me could ever have an opportunity to interact with any of those individuals