So I watched Captain America The Winter Soldier with my son and I wasn't expecting it to be like THAT...

So I watched Captain America The Winter Soldier with my son and I wasn't expecting it to be like THAT. Who would thing anyone would be capable of elevating the capeshit genre. So what went right?

Marvel went right. Like ALWAYS.

>with my son and I wasn't expecting it to be like THAT
Top kek.
Check them gets.

Only good marvel movie.

the best capeshit movies are ones that are disguised as another genre.

winter soldier was a spy thriller, logan was a roadtrip film, guardians was a space opera, etc.

>guardians was a space opera

Did you mean reddit the movie?

Why are they trying to push a relationship between Black Widow and The Hulk when she had much more chemistry with Steve?

i do not get the fucking love for this movie
its so incredibly average, its just like any other comic book movie a bunch of nothingness

>elevating capeshit
But it didn't. Zack Snyder elevated the genre into a post-modern one too hard to understand for brainlets.

Steve works best as that guy that could end up with anyone but ends up with nobody so the shippers are happy.

that was so awful. her character did a complete 180. Feminist Whedon forced her into a romance she had no business being in and turned her into a damsel in distress.

thank god they somewhat brought her back to normal in civil war.

Because Whedon wrote/directed AoU and hates Cap. He'd rather pair her with anyone but Cap.

This is also why Cap is sidelined in the first Avengers movie.

Steve works best as the guy getting double teamed by Sam and Bucky.

Nice digits

This. It's bewildering.

>Zack Snyder elevated the genre
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Because turning Cap into an Edward Cullen-esque creep by making moves on his WW2 waifu's niece was clearly the better choice.
Honestly, at this point the least degenerate love interest for him would be Bucky. At least they're the same age.

>guardians was a space opera, etc.
I was with you until this. GOTG doesn't elevate the genre at all. IF anything make it's regress back to shitty pandering movies for manchildren.

Where is Bucky, and what has he had?

is this a new pasta

Except Steve Rogers didn't actually age. When you talk about an age difference in relationships, you're talking about intelligence, memories, emotions, experiences, etc, crafting a person.

Steve didn't gain anything. He didn't change. He wasn't "aging" he was effectively on pause.

Nothing weird about the age difference and not much weird about him going after waifu niece other than it'd be kind of like hitting on the sibling of someone you had a crush on.

But that's it, really, because WWII Steven and her never consumated

You can't elevate capeshit. Superheroes have inherent flaws that can't be overcome.

Not him but how old is Cap anyways?

This. People would get riled up about m-muh pandering, but it genuinely could make sense in the grand scheme of things. With a film coming out in the future (and not the 1940's) they could definitely write it in a way that implied that they wer attracted to one another and didn't acknowledge it or some bs like that.

Not that it'd actually happen, but it's not completely unrealistic.

Technically, almost 100 years old. Biologically, he was later/teens early 20s when they unfroze him, so he's somewhere in his 20s by the events of winter soldier

Whatever, that's your opinion and your perception of the character.
While I disagree, I'm not trying to change your mind about it. I do want to say though, he may have been frozen during that time, but that doesn't change his year of birth or the fact that he comes from a vastly different time-period and that he had minimum time to adjust in a healthy manner.

I'm not even completely opposed to the idea of him getting a modern-day love interest (Bucky being most suitable was more of a hyperbole). But Sharon? The way his character was portrayed up til then, it just doesn't feel like something Steve would go for, even less so RIGHT AFTER BURYING PEGGY, JESUS. I honestly felt like puking when I saw that shit.

She's a slut.

You mean your wife's son?

It had some nice action scenes, ones that stand out from the rest of the marvel flicks.

It was well made like all MCU (good camera work, writing, action, effects). What went particularly well was the plot; it was complex without being bloated, unpredictable enough to be interesting but not so much that it's ridiculous, and the characterization was effective.

As someone who really liked the film it's pretty average Marvel fare in terms of plot. Characters are decent but nothing special. It's the choreography of the action scenes that carries it. They said they took cues from The Raid and it shows. If only there weren't so many cuts in them

No fuck that forbidden love and pining crap. They were best pals and super tight but not in love.

They should just be resigned to their fate.
This is still a cliche, but it'd suit the situation and general bants theme of these flicks:
Flashback to pre WWII
>No dame would ever want to marry a wet smack like me...
>Aw, don't worry your dingy head, Stevie, if there's no ring on your finger by the time you hit 40 I'll put it there myself.
Flash-forward to present
>Well, Buck, now that you've got your memory back, it's time to deliver

Word is that the Execs actually wanted Natasha with Clint, but Whedon refused because it'd be too "cliche."

Steve is better off alone anyways, because of that whole "tragic hero married to the job" vibe going for him.

Natasha never needed a romance, but if they were going to go with one, they should have just gone with Clint in a work-spouse sort of deal. Gushing over Bruce right after that "love is for children" spiel was stupid.

>Gotta photoshop the top of Snyder's head because Whedon and Feige are already in JUST mode