Would Civil War have been better and more believable if Bucky was a girl?

Would Civil War have been better and more believable if Bucky was a girl?

No, but my dick would've been happier.

>better
maybe
>more believable
definitely not

The friendship aspect is what binds the 3 caps together, a woman from the 1940s is incapable of doing that.

Despite what the media will tell you, that kind of friendship isn't possible. Unrequitedness in some way will always be there.

Most of the plot probably wouldn't have happened if Bucky was a girl.

Most of the last movie's plot probably wouldn't have happened either.

How would it not be more believable? Cap going through all that trouble just to protect a guy friend is weird, I mean its not like Cap is gay or anything. Now if it was some cute little girl he was protectinfg it would have made a lot more sense and audiences would understand him more.

because it has to do with friendship and what soldiers, will go through for eachother.

Making bucky female would create romantic connotations.

It would've been a better love story than that weird Sharon thing.

What if Bucky and Cap were girls? What if Zemo was a severe German domme played by Antje Traue?

There are so many questions.

>Cap going through all that trouble just to protect a guy friend is weird
confirmed for not having a bro

also yeah basically what said the whole cap/bucky thing is the bond soldiers form, not cap trying to get his dick wet

It's not a soldier bond it's brotherly love between two guys who aren't genetically related but feel like true brothers.

why_not_both.jpg

Yeah they were bros for life even before the war. Bucky being captured by Hydra in th first place was what made Cap go from being a showgirl to an actual soldier. Their bond predates the war.

>not using the superior Rikki Barnes

Yeah there's that line in TWS when Cap said something like "Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky."

Bucky was probably the one friend Cap had when he was small and sickly and Bucky took care of him. Till the end of the line and all that jazz.

No. Quit asking.

Sebastian Stan (the guy who plays Bucky) even said something about how Cap was his brother to some kid during the promotion tour. It goes way deeper than soldier bros.

>Making bucky female would create romantic connotations.
Does Cap/Widow have romantic connotations?

...I mean, yeah. It did before she hooked up with Banner.

technically yeah which is why the slut joke started in the first place because they couldn't decide when to stop themselves when it came to her character.

This. Bitches were, and always be, crazy.

Cap makes a better girl.

Rikki Barnes will appear in the next Captain America movie as Bucky's present day relative.

Maybe.

That's what I'm hoping for too. Hopefully he won't try to mack on her or anything.

Well, I feel stupider for having read that.

Once you go green

>how would it not be more believable?
>a female soldier during WW2

Russia uad womwn on the front lines in ww2

You're missing a story telling device.
Bucky's a guy because of the mirror between him and Steve. Without it we may not question
>Does Steve feel inferior to Sergeant Bucky?
>Does Bucky feel inferior to Captain America?
When such answers arrive in the narrative we learn about the characters and why their relation exists as it does. When Bucky tries to pick up Captain America's shield we understand the implication. Especially since the arm used is lost, becoming the tool and trademark of the Winter Soldier.

It's not that similar themes can't exist between the opposite sex, either can try standing equal to the other and experience pride before the fall often, but it's that they don't develop the same by virtue of something changed. Therefore much like how choice of words and language shapes the significance of a quote, regardless of what can be added if anything originally intended is ever lost in translation even if no "worse" the result cannot be "better".

Look at Steve's relation with Natasha, who shares some similarities to Bucky for example.
Don't just think in individual characters or concepts, think in pairs and wholes. When Natasha laments she'll be persecuted for what she's done how do you feel about her relation to Steve when she says that near the praised hero? How do you feel when Bucky says something similar in CW to Cap? Is there different pathos? Consider why.

I know something vague as this is going to be hard to identify or accept, so I'll use an example most of Sup Forums is familiar with. Think to As Told By Ginger and the relation between Courtney and Ginger. Forget the romantic implications just imagine either as a different gender and focus on whether the significance of wealthy, popular Courtney's intent to be friends with plane Ginger feels like a different story being told. Does it feel more Boys over Flowers than Prince and the Pauper? There you go. Now if we made both women that's a different story

Nah. Now this on the other hand...

Just have her vecome an assistant in the project and when they were about to start the injection of some dude he gets shot by HYDRA, all chaos breaks out and she puts herself into the machine after convincing Stark

Bucky's been a guy in the previous films, but is replaced with a fem actress, no warning, no hint, nothing, for Civil War. First words to Cap who seems confused.

"It's me, I'm here, deal with it."

>more believable
>cap's old army buddy was female

Pick 1.

Peggy was also some hot shot agent in a time where women usually worked the typewriter and nothing else.

yes but I love Steve and Bucky being heterosexual life partners a bit more.