OF COURSE YOUR DAUGHTER WAS GOING TO SCORE HIGHER THAN ME...

>OF COURSE YOUR DAUGHTER WAS GOING TO SCORE HIGHER THAN ME. You're a dentist that can afford to send her to a school that will help her achieve a score like that. You're an educated dentist, with a college degree and dentistry degree. My parents, two undocumented immigrants that only obtained a grammar school education, couldn't afford to send me to private schools.

>Little do you know that I grew up in a house where Spanish was only spoken. I had to learn English on my own.

>So yes, your daughter scored higher than me on the ACT. But, she literally scored a few points higher than me. If those few points mean that she is better than me, then you are neglecting a lot. You are neglecting that I faced more struggles than your daughter. You are neglecting that all odds were against me.

>So If pure luck gets you into some of the best schools in the country, then there is something wrong with our admissions process. Maybe just maybe, the admissions panel didn't see perseverance or strength in your daughter.

archive.is/nelhi

I wish they could all go to college.
Statistically, it would mean they'd have fewer children.

Seems accurate.

People with more money have more options when it comes to educating their kids in a better neighborhood with less stress.
I see nothing wrong with this.

Only my struggle is real

>give invaders preferences over actual Americans

absolute insanity, no wonder Trump is so popular, stuff like this is beyond the pale

Why would you admit someone with inferior marks because of their parents? Why would you not simply look at the performance of two individuals as they did in your entrance exam/previous gpa/interview instead of trying to factor in a myriad of unclear and anectodal stories that may or may not be true?

Affirmative action shit like this kid wants is a helping hand that extends out to these kids and then stabs them in the back. Following the stabbing it then shoots their qualified friend too. I mean in that affirmative action pushes through people who naturally shouldn't have made it in, people with averages of 80 being let into a class where the cut off is 95 are going to drop out at much higher rates as we witnessed when affirmative action was repealed in some places in the US and we saw completion rates go up. You're not helping the 80 kid by forcing him into a 95 class no matter how much you might go home and stroke yourself to the thought, the truth is you're either creating more dropouts of what would otherwise be a fine perfoming minority kid. They either drop out or they are pushed along in the system to help create under qualified professionals.

These people go out into the real world and make mistakes, they go out and fuck up, they go out and are the reason why Tony Soprano asked for a white Doctor instead of a black one, because he believed he was in due to affirmative action instead of his ability. Now not only have you stabbed the kid who would have done fine with 80 in a normal class you have also shot their qualified friend of the same minority group who had marks good enough (let's say 97) to get into said 95 class. This person is now seen as nothing more than a diversity hire, someone there not because of their ability but because of quotas. Using the funny example of the sopranos again, it's why the black Doctor got angry when Tony said what he said and had to tell him he graduated at the top of his class.

Because there is no legitimate reason why an illegal should be allowed into college instead of being put on a boat and shipped to Argentina

> college has to lower standards for subhuman mexicans to be able to study in a country that is not theirs

no

Don't dentists have the highest suicide rate?

Dont they give you extra points if you aren't white?

By forcing through people who do not meet the cut off you are risking a lot with the future of people, you are hoping the Latino kid who got 80 can pull up his socks and survive in the 95 class, you are hoping he isn't overwhelmed and drops out like so many will. You are hoping that it is worth it but it often times isn't. The Latino 80 kid would be better in a class suited to him, running a business in management instead of performing surgery. There is no shame in this. The only tragedy is when they are admitted when they do not meet the criteria and not only ruin themselves but also ruin the accomplishments of the other Latino kid who pulled 97 and would have got in with or without the extra affirmative action shit.

t. Black Doctor here on business

THEN ENTER THE MEXICAN EXAMINATION YOU STUPID WHORE

Since when is college admission supposed to be based on how hard your struggle was rather than the academic level you had attained? I thought the whole point is so they have a class that already has a solid foundation of knowledge they can build on, not so they can feel good about how much they are helping the underprivileged whilst having to teach the people who already had a decent education stuff they already know (Yes I do realise the first semester of first year is normally just going through A-level, or whatever the US equivalent is, at a brisk pace to get everyone up to speed).

Admissions boards will heavily favor a hispanic women ONLY because of her skin.

How the fuck do you get born in America and struggle learning English? She must fail at being human.

Panama posters are the best Latin American posters hands down.

Why are other spics so shit?

everyone hates mexicans

Our law is fucked. She isn't considered a foreign invader. All you have to do to stay in this country is come here and drop a kid. US and CA are the only first wirld nations that do it.

Stupid spic shouldn't be fucking with teeth.

I disagree with the race shit but people who have more money and a more stable home should be scoring far higher than someone who are less financially stable.

It speaks volumes that even with the more stable environment and being more financially secure that you still cant FAR surpass someone who is a lot more financially unstable.

I don't support anchor babies though they need to all be deported

This is a class problem not a racial one.

That is correct, we should choose people who struggled more than the more qualified ones. A blind surgeon will be better than one that can see.

I am thinking of sending my daughter to MIT. If she scored ok on her SAT, do you Americans pay for it too?

Americans explain this to me, I see many people open about being undocumented. Why arent they deported, they confessed to being illegal.

>But, she literally scored a few points higher than me. If those few points mean that she is better than me, then you are neglecting a lot.

Panamanians are literally niggers

>invent everything worth inventing
>create the best art, best literature, best philosophy, best science, best laws, best civilization, best everything
>be the best at literally everything
>chill out for a while
>get bored
>conquer basically entire world in the span of a few generations
>draw pictures of yourself standing astride continents
>rename brown people's entire homelands after your fat bitch queen
>import all the good stuff god accidentally put on the continents of lesser peoples, turn them into factories to produce it
>chill out for a while, content to have defeated space and time
>get bored again
>try having some massive planet-spanning internecine wars
>develop ability to destroy entire world because why not
>finally get bored of even that
>need to devise a new way to fuck with inferior races
>decide to invite them into our homes, let them shit all over the walls, condescend to them and patronize them
>even tolerate them becoming whiny and spoiled and feeling entitled to it
>even tolerate their insults and pathetic admonishments that they are entitled to our homes and we don't deserve them
>lift our inferiors onto our shoulders for a goof, the view ruined by the knowledge that they only have it at the sufferance of the giant who is lifting them
>give everything to them when it is precisely not having things handed to you that makes you strong some day, permanently othering them
>remain the eternal Same
>remain kings of the universe
>still run their homelands as slave factories for mass producing baseball hats and tampons

>"undocumented" immigrants

oh you liberals.

You have to go back

Now he'll be in an university surrounded by dentist's daughters that scored higher than him. How does it even benefit him to be put in a school that is so much more demanding?

He cheers as he's being set up to fail at the best university possible, instead of graduating from a less prestigious one.

Based as fuck. I don't know why minorities aren't offended by diversity quotas, desu. If I'm going to get something, I want it to be because I earned it and beat out everyone else who tried, not because I happened to be born a certain race and my face would look good on HR's diversity brochure. What the fuck, senpai? This shit is infantilizing. It's insulting. You're basically being told, "You're not good enough to get anything on a level playing field, so here you go!" And you take this shit with a smile and demand more.

c'mon bro, I know you don't really mean it :^)
besides "everybody hates burgercans" would be a more accurate statement, I know for a fact that Reddit and 9gag agree on this one.

>dentist
>educated

Truly the stupidest of doctors

Only because you get banned there if you don't love Mexicans. Being liked on internet is your version of the affirmative action niggers experience in the USA.

>huffposters

Can we please keep pol a high quality board and stop posting this trash?

for real tho, how fucked up is Reddit in reality? I mean, I've heard numerous times about this method of censorship, but a part of me is telling me is just anons blowing it out of proportion and that it couldn't really be that bad. I can't believe they keep moderated such a huge chunk of the internet shitposters... then again, I've never been on reddit, I don't understand the layout, is a fucking mess, and you need an account to shitpost? fuck that I can do it here.

Both of my parents grew up in cabins with no electricity or plumbing. I don't give a single rotten fuck about anyone's sob story. Entitled little shitwit.

It's part of 'nu-internet' mentality like Facebook and Twitter where people want ultimate control.

We've seen Twitter censor DNC leak trends and Facebook censor Wikileaks links.

The corporatization of the internet always favoured the left

Simple fucking solution do not let names or ethnicity/race on the entrance form. Give each student an identification number at registration that they have to tattoo on their forearm. Give them all the tests you want and only the top get accepted the rest you send to a vocational school. Those that score the worst should be sent to another facility maybe by train.

It's really as bad as people say. Mods delete anything that doesn't align with their political views by deleting threads they don't like and shadowbanning users. They keep all their deletions hidden from the other users and never explain or justify them. Any attempt to question them will get shut down.

They don't follow the rules they set, they moderate however they please.

Why are mexicans allowed to post on Sup Forums?

RLY MAKES U THINK....

She didnt use affirmative action to her advantage

You're making assumptions based on nothing, really. Some people are geniuses and put in the bare minimum effort and get average scores, some people are motivated by their shitty situation and work hard to achieve above average scores but then their work ethic subsides when they reach their goals and their scores suffer as a result. You can't make snap judgements like that when the only solid thing you have is their grade and your admission standards, everything else is just noise that detracts from what is important

>only a few points higher!

The act only offers 30-something points total, and one point can make the difference in whether you score in the top 30% or the top 10%

For someone who is apparently so passionate about this test you'd assume they would know that.

Additionally, there are free practice ACT books at the library. If he really cared enough he could have gone and practiced too

So this kid said all this after the visit and not during? I wish he would have said it during the actual visit and gotten some extra dental care that day

Isn't the ACT scored from like, 18 to 36? "A few points" is on the order of a standard deviation

Not to mention that being an anchor baby and having "struggled" doesn't make you more qualified for higher education. In fact it makes you a parasite and lesser then the actual fucking citizens trying to help their children succeed

>you should admit me because I struggled! Forget merit or performance; ONLY MY RACE MATTERS!

You dramatically overestimate the resources required to study, especially for one of the college placement exams. All you need is a book with some practice tests, which is going to run you something like 20 dollars unless you buy this years Kaplan or whatever.

Because the benefits from it are great enough to swallow some pride or force them to do mental gymnastics to justify it. Just like how feminists want equality but never push for the legal system to not treat them as weak & inferior because then alimony lighter sentences and other perks would be majorly overhauled.

Okay, being an immigrant and living in complete shitholes and then getting into a good uni is harder than being the little princess of a dentist that makes bank. Are Sup Forumstards really going to argue against this?

Honestly, if Sup Forumstards are siding with the dentist, then this place is a shithole. That guy is a spic, sure, but consider for a moment he was a white immigrant for a moment. And there are plenty of white immigrants from Europe.

>if Sup Forumstards are siding with the dentist
that depends.
What's the TL;DR?

It doesn't matter

Nothing will ever be equal.
That girl is at the very top of society, and the immigrant is at the very bottom.
The fact that he can work really hard and improve his standing in society so much that he can compete with someone who was born at the very top is an AMAZING OPPERTUNITY. That type of upward mobility is unheard of. The fact that the child of criminals can rise to the social standing of someone who's parents are upperclass whites is an amazing, amazing blessing for that child.

The fact that he's shitting all over that, and acting like that oppertunity means nothing is entitled and privledged.
In many other countries in the world, he would simply be unable to rise to this girl's level. Society would keep him at the bottom.
You think he'd be grateful for the oppertunity to improve his life and make a better future for his children. But he's not- because he's selfish and has childish notions of equality.

Are we really all supposed to "start" at the same level? Such an idea is impossible, ESPECIALLY in a capitalist society like America.
To achieve true equality, people who were genetically better off would have to be handicapped to the lowest standard, as to not give them an "unfair advantage over the genetically less fortunate".

What kind of dystopian shit is that?
You get what you get. Do the best with the hand you're dealt- if you even have the ability to read this post them you're better off than 70% of the world

>Panama calling others subhuman

Lol

He shouldn't be shitting over that opportunity and he should absolutely be grateful. Does not change the fact the spic faced more challenges, which is my whole point.

When you're born into a rich and educated family like that, getting an education like that yourself is not a big deal, it's a given.She would have access to a ridiculous amount of advantages over the spic.

Let me stress again, he should absolutely be grateful to American society.

Right. The point is if anything, the persons financial status not race should be considered. If I'm a black millionaire I'm probably not being restricted that much just because I'm black. Now if I'm poor, whatever race I am, in all likelihood I may have to work to help support my family which thus reduces the amount of time I can dedicate to studying. Being an immigrant doesn't really do shit either plenty of immigrants are rich and/or have a good job. I know several Asian immigrants who work as doctors after recompleting medical school in America. Just because this person has shitty retarded parents who are too lazy to learn the language of the country they are moving to doesn't mean she should get into a better college. What should alter the college's decision is her wealth not her muh SJW race.

>Mexican intelectuals

Agreed. This upward mobility would have been unheard of in the history of the western world

DESU though, as someone studying at UCLA here in California, these affirmative action piss me off the most

Look,
That dude going to his dentist is probably going for free on his free government healthcare shit.
He's probably going to Stanford for FREE. Yes, I said FREE. They'll even give him like a $2k monthly allowance for existing. They'll probably pay his airfare and housing as well. FAFSA does a really good job of giving poor Hispanics free college while hardworking middle class white Americans get jack shit.
I was so pissed when I found out that an undocumented student down the hall from me gets to go to school for me while my parents have to work hard to pay for my schooling. Hell, most schools here in CA have an "undocumented students resources" center.
And who suffers most? The taxpayer
fuck man, if only kids like the OP understood they are benefiting from policy led by guilt and a belief that we should "even the playing field"
At the end of the day, nothing will EVER be equal.
Look: if a poor hispanic student scores an incredibly high score on his SAT/ACT and takes all his AP/IB
And is on par with all of the other students, for sure let them in
but it is immoral to lower standards in the name of diversity

really puts your brain train in the fast lane

Why do I have to be associated with these cunts?

Most of these affirmative action minorities that get admitted to elite schools fail miserably. Even with college provided babysitters holding their hand the whole time. Lets see if he gets a degree in four years.

Fuckin savvvved!

>admission
>academic achievement

you think one has had anything to do with the other for the past 15 years?

This is brutal, but basically entirely true.

His situation means jackshit and just because his parents are poor doesn't mean he worked harder than that rich girl for his score (or that he worked hard at all) for all you know he's goofball slacker with a photographic memory and didn't even apply himself. The only reason you are assuming he's a hard worker is because his parents are poor but you have no way of knowing either way so my assumption is just as valid as yours and that's why basing admissions off of anything but the goddam score is fucking retarded.

I don't get why his parents or him aren't getting deported
Fucking trash faggot, he gets everything handed to him and bitch about it
>Oh no I walked 1 mile
I'm beyond mad, I hope Trump deports his ass fast

>2016
>being an anti-dentite

AS a person who is in the know... (Might be a grad student... at a certain university)...

This kid is going to struggle way more than the average kid accepted by Stanford. And he will also suffer worse comments at the hands of his educated peers...

If this dentist upsets him now, just wait until he doesn't do well in a computer science course and his peers indirectly shame him...

Okay- I agree.

I for example have also had lots of privledged, and I am grateful for them.

But that's not enough.
Liberals want to level the playing field.
I agree that all (LEGAL) citizens should be provided for at a base amount, but to uplift someone who did not perform as well just because they had to deal with unrelated issues is not a good idea.

I didn't necessarily say hard worker. There are a shit ton of obstacles in front of you getting a good education when you're growing up in complete shitholes.

The problem is that affirmative action isn't based around social class, it's based around race. Jim Webb proposed making it the former and was all but booed off the stage of the Democrat debate.

>mansplaining to a woman what struggle is

They would say white Americans aren't native to the land, and that Latinos have more right to be there.

>russian born in Estonia
>parents barely speak estonian
>have to learn it myself since my russian school doesn't offer that good estonian
>have to study subjects in estonian which was incredibly difficult
>apply to university
>get accepted to dental faculty
>finished a month ago and starting to work next week

Nobody owes you anything. Bitching about it and throwing a hissy fit will only make you look like a faggot. Life isn't fair, the sooner you realize it the easier it will get.

If anything, it exposes a very real attitude that minorities believe white americans aren't strong, mentally or physically, due to lack of character or having "privilege". Decades of inferiority complexes and "American Dream" movies and books will cultivate that idea. White Americans hold opportunities and minorities must take it from them.

shouldn't a white kid with rich parents and a private education score alot higher on standardized tests than the child of an immigrant who goes through the public school system, less money for prep classes, and maybe has to work alongside school? After 4 years of college, that 80 point kid might end up being a nobel prize laureate and that 95 point kid might just be another corporate slave, or vice versa. If the college thinks that this latino might utilize his four years in college more than an entitled piece of shit who probably only attends college because their parents told them to, then I pick the minority with the struggles.

The dentist worked hard to secure a comfortable life for his children. Why should his children be penalised for that?

The work the dentist did paid the taxes that put the illegal immigrant through school. Paid for the police and fire services and roads etc. enjoyed by these "undocumented" immigrants who showed up uninvited, knowing full well they were breaking the law. They snuck their child into the system and now that kid wants extra credit because that's apparently harder than earning a legal visa and working to put your child through private school?

So why bother going to Stanford at all, if getting a great degree and a great job and working all his life can never benefit his now "privileged" children, because more third world immigrants showed up who have to be catered to?

Call me an elitist, but if your family has helped build the country then they SHOULD enjoy privileges. Not legal or political privileges, everyone should be exactly equal in those situations. But financial privileges, that have been earned and inherited, are the right of the father to pass down, and the right of the child to receive.

i think investment managers have the highest suicide rate

>You are neglecting that I faced more struggles than your daughter.

Prove it.

this, it really makes me sick to what humanity has arrived to.

What struggles does a rich dentists daughter have? Choosing which color Iphone to buy?

yeah exactly. I remember paying like a thousand bucks for SAT lessons for that 2350. If I were fucking poor back then, I'd still be poor without a college degree. im glad not everybody on this board is an entitiled cunt.

>Tripfags ALWAYS have shit opinions
Ez filtered

Maybe she is deaf and blind and crippled and a torture survivor and a holocaust survivor and a dyslexic and an orphan and has Down's Syndrome and depression and schizophrenia.

You don't know, you just make assumptions that a certain level of income (or skin color, gender, sexuality etc) equates to a free ride compared to all the hardships of someone "less fortunate."

And so what if she does have an easier life? Is it her fault that her father worked hard at an honest job to provide the best possible life for his family? Should she have poked her own eyes out to artificially make her life more difficult? Or should the lowest scoring applicant always be admitted? We can assume, from their low grade, that they found the exam the hardest, so surely they're the most qualified, yes?

That would have been mentioned in the article. Some of you support a delusional argument simply because you need to confirm your biases.

Yes and no. Often the difference between qualified and unqualified isn't in the GPA, and to be perfectly honest, test scores aren't enough of an indicator of potential as they're too easy, and a small score gap can indicate a large ability gap, leading to the misguided notion that a minority student who only scored "a little" lower is actually significantly lacking in their potential.

Grade inflation and testing is such that as an admissions counselor, you really have to rely on standardized advanced study courses like ap and ib courses to adequately judge a student's potential. Problem is, most of the poor high schools minorities come from don't offer these courses, so you see kids with high grades from a shitty high school, ok test scores, and a good story, and the colleges are expected to take a chance on these kids because diversity. Half of them aren't up for the task of college because they have never experienced anything like it, and have no idea how to succeed.

What is delusional about the idea that the highest scoring applicant is the most qualified?

What else besides standardised tests are we going to measure a person's ability by? Their "Oppression Level?"

That's delusional.

Of course, because he is the only one trying to confirm bias in this instance, not you right? The only real struggle here that I see is between you and reality.

My cousin is in dental school. Half of the students aren't even American. It's all fucked. He has a Muslim gf too and she wears a hijab. Oh and he is a Bernie bro too.

>What is delusional about the idea that the highest scoring applicant is the most qualified?

I'm not even arguing for that notion. I'm simply saying the spic had more obstacles to get to where he was. It's impossible to exactly account for how detrimental those obstacles were towards his grade score, hence why I agree that the highest scoring applicant should get the placement.

Your cousin is a faggot, punch him for me.

That's a mighty big inferiority complex this bitch is dealing with.

>ACT
>english

I mean I went to a school that offered almost every AP course. I think ur right. Minorities in the public school system probably don't even get the chance to even take AP courses since they're probably not offered. I know some minorites go to college and just fuck up completely after the first year, but colleges also believe that there are some minority students who WILL excel in college because all they lacked was the chance to apply themselves in a better environment

This Dentist's office probably will no longer accept Medicaid patients anymore due to this.

Good job illegals.

Not officially (university of Michigan got sued because they codified their anti-white admissions practices), but they do have diversity quotas, which is a de facto boost to the admissions preferences of non whites.

Again you're just assuming that because the lad comes from a poor background that he somehow has more obstacles to overcome in regards to his life and education. Everyone has access to public libraries, they are free and you can stay there as long as you want. There are free tutoring services available at every school if you need help, there are a multitude of free sources you can find online to help you study whatever you want. The "obstacles" you're refering to are things like having to attend public school and no money to hire private turors but those are things that can only help you as much as you put into them and it's not like every rich kid has access to them either. Sometimes rich kids have shitty, neglectful parents, you don't know because not everyone's situation is the same and not every situation is made better just by having more money so it's ridiculous to try and make a judgement about the kids life based on his parent's monetary situation

Can someone screencap those for me? I'm not on my main computer and I feel I'll need to use those.

Do you understand that many countries would deal with illegals and border wars with a military response? A lot of people here want to just open fire on every border jumper.
However, you've provided us with millions of disposable workers with no rights, and no one will turn that down.

The guy never said his SAT score so he knows it was low.

What's with all these beaners openly saying they're undocumented and being proud of if? La Migra should be shipping them all back