Call me an Es Jay Dubleyew. Tell me to go back to Dumblr or Plebbet

Call me an Es Jay Dubleyew. Tell me to go back to Dumblr or Plebbet.

But I think it's kinda cool that between Captain Marvel and Black Panther, young girls and black boys will have big screen superheroes to look up to.

I remember as a young girl thinking how cool it was that Leia was actually being one of the heroes. Sure, she was captured twice, but once was by a Sith Lord and the other by a giant slug mob boss that she ended up strangling to death.

inb4 nice blog, just my two cents

Nah, you're own to something. It's why Spider-Man sold so well in the beginning. Teens could see Peter and think "he's like me" and relate to the story. Same deal with young kids and Robin back when he debuted. Readers could place themselves in the story.

K

okay

Agreed.

Since when has being excited for a minority/woman lead = being an SJW?

I don't always relate to characters who are like me, just ones I can find understanding for. I "relate" to Ms. Marvel, despite being white, Catholic, and in college, because I've had times when I felt like I wasn't living up to my family's standards.

A character doesn't have to look like you to be relatable, though it helps, they just need to have similar traits or issues you identify with.

Oh shut up you pussy.

Where do you think we are?

Non-straight white male protagonists = liberal propaganda

Americans are so pitiful. Thinking other races give a fuck about being represented.

Other countries actually don't like being portrayed in american movies since you always write those characters as the most retarded stereotype, be it the "offensive" stereotype or the "progressive" one

PLEASE BE IN LONDON

>Sup Forums getting triggered

But I kinda agree. Not because of audience relatablity, but protagonist diversity helps keep things interesting.

>the only options are not being represented or being portrayed as a one dimensional stereotype
I don't know what to tell you.

Fuck off. Call me a racist, but I'm sick of diversity propaganda.

Because that literally is being an SJW

Brown people scare me too, user.

Kill yourself, my dear. Nobody cares about your feefees.

Yeah it's great since women and black guys cant see past their sex or race enough to be inspired by someone who didn't look like them. That's what you're implying.

>any form of diversity is propaganda

k

Sup Forums has taken over this site so much that people are afraid to so much as even acknowledge that people other than straight, white, males exist.

>talking like a baby to make fun of someone
We're not in the sixth grade and you're embarrassing yourself.

Save us from different opinions!

>any form of diversity is propaganda
Yes it fucking is. Most movie goers are white. Most comic readers are straight white males.

Also, this Not racist, but brown people and girls don't care about comics

"REEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT YOU FEMINAZI SJW SCUM" is not an opinion.

I never got this. Why can people only look up to other people like them? It is incredibly superficial.

>diversity propaganda.

People used to say shit like this as a joke on this site...

That's probably why Batman appeals to me. I'm so smart and cut. Also I can pull any ho because I'm attractive and socially apt.

Feefee hurt detected.

Fuck off. Sup Forums is primarily straight, white, male, and Conservative. If you want liberal talk, go to Tumblr.

Most comic fans are undeniably straight, white, and male. It only makes sense to appeal to that demographic.

What? No they didn't. Diversity propaganda has been ruining games, movies, and comics for half a decade.

Yea, the "he's like me" factor is why I've always been into the Joker.

Imagine if like 90% of movie casts were predominantly black women. Would you say "Oh, no need for a movie with white/male leads, that'd be pandering"?

As a kid I never really thought about it, Zack was never my favorite Power Ranger, Static Shock was kind of there and gone, and I wasn't that impressed with the Blade movie or Steel.

It's cool that there's more choices now though, and that its less about demographics and more about having someone that appeals to everyone whether they look like them or not. Little white kids are probably running up to Chadwick Boseman now and that's great.

That's sort of the problem with irony. It's all fun and games at first but then idiots start wandering in who don't get the joke and then eventually the stupid shit everyone said with a nod and a wink is being seriously expressed

If you had been paying attention you would have seen that i was defending the right to voice whatever opinion.

Explain how

Me too OP.
Let's be comfy together.

If most movie goers were black women, yes I would. But most first world people who consume media are straight white males.

kek, my thoughts exactly

pfhahahaha where have YOU been

It's also partly about minorities being seen as "normal" by having fictional characters with those traits.

By diluting all of them with non white, non male, non straight characters, story be damned.

You got, like, statistics to back this up?

I mean I'm no scientician but I'm pretty sure people who aren't white dudes watch movies...

That's not an explanation

Which the movies do with Tony, Thor, Cap, Spidey...
How does one token woman franchise and one token negro franchise upset the balance, exactly?

>people who aren't white dudes watch movies

FFS

Of course they do. But they are in the minority. They are called MINORITIES.

You have 800 fucktillion games/comics/movies/whatever starring straight white males. Why do you get triggered so badly when someone decides to mix it up?

Except that those that do.

>a woman superhero movie

It'll never sell.

Because it's stupid

Why are so many people wasting time arguing with this ONE user who has no interest in hearing another person's argument?

You know how women love the Thor movies because they find Thor (or Loki) hot?

Imagine that, but in reverse.

Thank you for keeping the meme magic alive, user.

Go to bed, Ike.

Because we're defending our views.

Because messing with the mentally handicapped is fun.

>Getting BTFO by calm rational level headed posters, BETTER SWITCH UP THE BAIT!

>SJWs getting triggered over lack of diversity
>Nazifags getting triggered over diversity

I love the internet

In that scenario, most movie goers being black women wouldn't be a reason for why you can't have a movie about whites every now and then. Similarly, it's not like films in real life are shelving white/male casts altogether. For every "diversity propaganda" film there's at least 10 with white/male casts.

I can't see why everybody can't be happy

Less whinging, more niggdyke hype.

I'm pretty sure there's basically a 50/50 split when it comes to gender.

Also I mean I get that minorities are in the minority but that doesn't mean they're a completely negligible demographic. That's not even taking into account the international market I mean we have to realize we're living in an increasingly global society.

Personally, I have no faith in the "Captain Marvel" film as it stands, seeing how the film has been delayed a few times over, the writers are unknown, there is no attached director, and the source material is already lackluster enough as it stands.

I like the suit, but muh Carol needs long hair.

Here we go

Cause it's fun

Ignoring China, most of the international market is also white.

Europe, Australia, even the whites in South America.

>and the source material is already lackluster enough as it stands.
Boooooo.
Booooooooooooooo.

Whilst I think that race/age/gender is not necessary for somebody relating to a character, having somebody "of your tribe" (so to speak) can indeed help.

Do people not realize it's generally a good idea to try to get MORE viewers?

Like if your prime demographic is straight white males, maybe you throw in a black character so that you can get some black people watching in addition to straight white males?

Since when is increasing profits "diversity propaganda"?

Agreed. I like short hair on black haired women, but blonde needs to be at least shoulder length.

Like here

So if you completely ignore reality your point stands?

>meme

I may have shit taste, but Scott Lang, before the movie-inspired Spencer run, never interested me. Yet the movie was great.

Also, Civil War the comic sucked. The movie tho, 8/10, awesome.

Let's make all the characters chinese then, since they're obviously the biggest market by far.

>the writers are unknown,
I thought Guardians of the Galaxy and Inside Out were kind of big movies.

It's an Sup Forums meme.

>Asia
>South America
>Africa
>white in any way

Ultimates movie when?

Even if whites are a minority in South America, they're usually the wealthier ones that pay to watch movies.

Nope, short hair just not doing it for Carol

Do you have a single statistic to back this up?

...Okay? This supports what point?

Goddamn OP, you manages to get everyone with such an innocuous ass post. 10/10 bait.

Because it's always for the sake of itself and forcing it's own agenda. No one thinks "hey wouldn't it be cool to set a movie in the middle east and have lots of great settings and character designs, explore a different mythology" they think "how can we shoehorn a middle eastern main character into this movie we're making, we gotta appeal to this new politically correct crowd."

Phase 4 is leaning that way.

>But I think it's kinda cool that..black boys will have big screen superheroes to look up to.
That's lovely for you lady, but a nigga take offense you implying we ain't have no options or freedom of choice to look up to whatever hero we damn well pleased regardless of their race, or species considering Optimus Prime and Donatello n' shit.

Now if the next set wants to get all Huey Freeman and rep Kangz as a point of pride that's okay, that's on them, just let it be known ain't never get grown if son still looking for father figures who ain't even home.

Don't go looking for him everywhere all your life, my man, he ain't finna see your ass since day 1.

>No one thinks "hey wouldn't it be cool to set a movie in the middle east and have lots of great settings and character designs, explore a different mythology"
They do think that.
And we end up with Scarlet Johannsen as Mokoto Kusanagi, Tom Cruise as Kiriya Keiji, and movies like "Gods of Egypt" and a bunch of you guys going "Oh well at the time Egypt was totally white so it's okay!"

To be clear I'm against race swapping characters.

Non white characters are included to please americans.

Literally any person from any other country, white or not, does not care about diversity and representation. It's a stupid american thing that should stop because it's getting in the way of good writing or logical sense.

Eat my face; there's nothing interesting about Carol herself.

A fair point on both accords, but both movies also have the privilege of being built up from previous MCU movies, "Civil War" especially. Like "Age of Ultron", almost all that the movie shares with its comic book predecessor is its name and the basic concept.

Shit, did they? I thought they were actually unknown. The articles I read didn't bring those credits up.
Or maybe I forgot.

That sounds like a recipe for SUCCESS user!

No but really, this is a nice blog post, bitch.

>buying into the relate meme
I literally never had some sort of idol character growing up. I just kind of thought characters were cool and did my own shit.

Most people who enjoy capeshit don't "look up" to a hero, they just think the guy's cool and has some cool adventures and shit.

We can tell that you're black, because you're typing like how black people talk on TV.

>Most movie goers are white

Sure, but proportionally Latinos go to the movies more. Where are all the Latino heroes man?

>No one thinks "hey wouldn't it be cool to set a movie in the middle east and have lots of great settings and character designs, explore a different mythology"

This is the kid of diversity I want. Which is why I'm excited for Black Panther. It isn't "AYY, BLACK SUPA HERO, NIGGAS!" It's exploring a unique culture.

This is the most blatantly white thing I've ever read.

Yea user, the Halle Berry Catwoman is bad because it stars a woman...

There's more than one?

And yet it's a-okay when a black guy is cast as an originally white character.

People should complain when this happens too.