Great characters stuck in mediocre shows

Great characters stuck in mediocre shows

elaborate

He was basically a reptilian lawyer version of Dexter.
Now imagine Dexter in a magical girl show on Disney.

That's what OP meant when OP said he was a great character stuck in a mediocre show.

This, holy shit. He doesn't deserve to go up against little shits like Ludo, Marco, and Star. He deserves an animated drama series.

>A main character who realizes just how shitty everything and everyone involved with his quest is and actively hates and shits on everything

Quest is the hero shit cartoons deserves
(Anna actually wasn't that bad a character either)

I want to have sex with that lizard.

user he's a reference to patrick bateman, he even do the shit with the presentation card and has the same attitude

Toffee... more like MephisTOFFEEles amirite?

>tfw husbando material but everyone calls you a scalie

The show should've been completely about him, I'd rather watch toffee v the forces of good than what we got, this dexter/patrick bateman reptile character is way more fascinating than star

>Do you like Uni Cornis and the News?
Marco: They're alright.

Fucking this. Drawfagged a ton for these two but then got kind of burnt out on the show. I can't stand that shit show but I still love these characters.

oh look it's egoraptor

the combination of his voice + appearance is probably just meant to give him a serial killer/dangerous vibe for older viewers than for the references to form the entire basis of his character

but it is probably the most overt reference to other media the show's done

It's surprise that the people in their general never make art of Toffe making reference to Bateman could be cool

Same here. They're only the reason I watch it.

They're basically carrying Legends of Tomorrow at this point, assuming Guggenheim doesn't fuck it up by turning Cold into a male Felicity.

I still remember when we had threads dedicated to these two back in 2014.

>that art
I haven't thought about these two in such a long time. I'm tempted to watch the show again and see if they're treated any better than in the earlier episodes.

>mfw he's aware he's stuck in a mediocre show

Fuck Star and Marco's Bizarre High School Adventures, I want Toffee vs. The Forces of Good.

>Toffee going from a feral monster child to smooth educated reptile lawyer
>Toffee discriminated against in the centuries-old monster apartheid under the Butterfly monarchy
>Toffee using his wits to dismantle regimes
>Toffee's dry wit and deadpan snark
>Toffee vs Queen Butterfly

Don't worry, season 2 is coming

This. Also Ray, Sara, Jax and Stein

Grunkle Stan was a great character in a good show.
Pretty much all of the characters, except maybe the teens and definitely Gideon, were great characters.

They aren't

fuck

sounds neat, maybe I should give this show a watch

Pretty much only watched episodes with V.V. Argost in them. The quality of the show drastically dips when he's not a part of it.

>mediocre

lol
Other than the cheap art, it's pretty good.

>"Greetings and bienvenue"
I always thought it was greetings from beyond the new

Everything about The Secret Saturdays was painfully, aggressively mediocre. Argost was only slightly better than the norm.

I have a bias for villains, so the gap in quality seemed wider to me.

If this nigga ever puts on a raincoat shit is going to get real.

Jews can be interesting characters too...

>Wakfu
>Mediocre

Shoot yourself

Seconded

Argost was a top tier villain, mate.

If you don't see why Toffee is perfect for Star Vs., you're missing the point of his character.

Star is sent to Earth to learn to be more responsible, but she has no one really guiding her. Her only real rival for the majority of the first season is Ludo, and she doesn't view him as a major threat, she views him more as a toy or playmate. Star is still the rowdy, immature little girl she is back on Mewni. Who only cares about her childish whims and indiscriminately bashing monsters.

Enter Toffee. Toffee works because he's everything Star and Ludo are not. He's patient. He's cunning. He's manipulative. From the very moment he walks into Ludo's office he has the entire rest of the season planned out. He knows it's only a matter of time before Ludo, in his childish anger, gives him an opportunity to take control. He knows that Star, in her brash and headstrong manner, will try a full assault on him that will inevitably fail (notice that when Star blasts his arm off, he looks more annoyed than anything).

And here's the kicker: HE WINS. We still don't know what his master plan is, but the look on his face as the wand explodes tells us that everything is going just as he planned it.

With his cool air of casual confidence and completely formal attitude, Toffee makes the perfect villain for Star. Not because he's a magical lizard monster, but because he's something Star hasn't really had to deal with before: and ADULT. And Star, the impulsive, reckless little princess from Mewni isn't anywhere near his level yet. She's going to have to grow up, too.

Holy fuck, that show existed?

I have vague memories of watching that show on fucking Veoh of all things but it all seems like a fever dream to me.

Wasn't it made by the same people that made the replacements? Or was that part an actual hallucination?

I love that. No last minute gambit to thwart. Toffee did what he planned to do and we still don't know everything

I thought Grunkle Stan was being used as a reaction image

be quiet

Toffee's whole thing is that he's a monster taking revenge on the royal family whose ancestors are responsible for the racism against monsters

don't make it a master rape plan user

that show was pretty awful.

Quest was cool though.

pic related is my choice here.