Can someone explain the Watto-Qui Gon bet to me?

Can someone explain the Watto-Qui Gon bet to me?

Space Jews. This was before the world got filled with SJWs sissies that get triggered by everything

I'm gonna need a step by step process of the bet please

WE SPLIT THE WINNINGS
EHHHH
FIFTY FIFTY

ask some Star trek nerd

>giant nose
>jew hat
>moneylender
>shyster
>slaveowner
>greedy
Surprised Lucas got away with it

>I'll provide the ship as entry fee and I'll supply the pod
>Okay, I will supply the entry fee and the boy
???????

SO YOU SUPPLY THE POD

In retrospect it's really odd.

Who was Watto betting on?
Sebulba?
Surely he would also be betting on Anakin but if that's the case then why was Qui Gon and Watto betting against each other?

only retards don't understand, I understood it and was like 12 or something and English isn't even my native language

Could you explain it to a a poor retard like me please

EHHHHH...

FIFTY

FIFTY

>If the Toydarian junk dealers think they can intimidate us with their hidden threats, they'd better watch out. Our patience has its limits. One day, we'll shut their dirty, lying Toydarian mouths!

Damn, how the fuck did Lucas get away with this??

It was a different time.

Qui-Gon needed a replacement T-14 Hyperdrive Generator because the one on the Queen's ship had broken during the escape from Naboo, most likely from evading the Trade Federation.

When he first arrives on Tatooine, Qui-Gon tries to buy the part with Republic credits, but Watto refused, because the Republic didn't have any power on Tatooine thanks to the Hutts running things.

Later, Qui-Gon learns about the Boonta Eve race and, coupled with Anakin's ability to see the future, realizes this is the only chance they have to get off the planet and continue on their way to Coruscant.

Qui-Gon makes a deal with Watto: If Anakin wins the race, then Watto gets to keep all the winnings, minus the amount of credits Qui-Gon needs to buy the Hyperdrive from Watto. If Anakin loses, Watto gets to keep the Queen's ship.

Qui-Gon did this because he knows it's an offer Watto can't refuse: He'll either win credits, or a brand new ship. All Qui-Gon needed was the part to fix the Queen's ship. Watto accepts because he sees that he can't possibly lose.

Later on, Qui-Gon uses Watto's greed to his benefit and makes another deal: If Anakin wins, then he wins his freedom. If Anakin loses, then Watto gets Qui-Gon's (Actually Anakin's) pod racer. Remember that Watto had no faith in Anakin winning, because a) He'd lost every single race he'd been in before, and b) He had bet everything on Sebulba, because Sebulba had won every single race up to that point.

This ultimately backfires on Watto when Anakin wins. Watto loses Anakin to Qui-Gon, and it's implied he lost everything else as well (Which is why we see him as basically a street merchant in Episode 2). Qui-Gon uses Watto's greed against him, and ultimately wins the T-14 Hyperdrive he needed, as well as Anakin's freedom.

thank you bro

>realizes this is the only chance they have to get off the planet and continue on their way to Coruscant.
wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to just use their credits to hire a pilot with a ship like Obi Wan did with Han in ANH? surely they could have dressed up as poor travelers to blend in or some shit.

Yeah in your fanfiction movie, but it's not how it happened in this movie.

I asked if it would have been easier, not if it happened or not.

You forgot about the bet on the dice roll to decide the winnings of the other bet.
>inbeption

SPLIT THE WINNINGS

EHH

FIFTY FIFTY

He financed the movie himself. They can't do shit to him. If he wanted he could've just stopped the movie at any point like in a Monty Python sketch and talk shit about jews for 10 minutes.

20th Century Fox got, what, like 4% of the profits? And that was probably only cause Lucas was nostalgic about the fanfare.

What part of my post don't you understand?

Damn. Lucas must be really smart to come up with a scheme like that!