So this guy's entire motivation to become evil was because his daughter was seemingly killed, and thus wanted revenge

So this guy's entire motivation to become evil was because his daughter was seemingly killed, and thus wanted revenge.

But then when he killed Hero's brother he was all like "Well too bad he shouldn't have been there" and then was surprised when Hero tried to kill him.

I dunno it just seems like there was a hole in the plot and the directors just went with it and didn't try to work it in. They could have talked about it... at all...

I didn't really care for this movie. It feels like a lot of things were left out

That's the entire point. He and Hiro were exactly the same, except that Hiro learned to let go of his revenge.

>and then was surprised when Hero tried to kill him.
was he? I thought he was just freaking the fuck out since his mask was gone and a kid was trying to kill him

The movie wasn't the best superhero movie. Waiting for the TV show.

The movie was crap in general. Only the first 10-15 minutes or so were good and promising then it went straight to bullshit.

Yes, the robot battle was actually really enjoyable to watch.

the plot for this movie is paper thin and all over the place, only saved by top tier visuals and designs

Movie about an inventor.

Guy invents something, bad guy takes it and uses it for evil, good guy invents something else to counter previous invention.

It's like every movie about an inventor.

>the villain gets his daughter back
>Hiro's brother is still dead as shit

too bad they advertised it as a superhero teamup movie. Kids watch for the heroes but have to sit through an hour of fucking nothing before they finally suit up

>expecting the villain to eventual accept that his daughter is dead, like how Hiro had to accept his brother was dead
>or not, she's alive somehow
>then Baymax sacrifices himself and Hiro has to apply what he learned again
>OR NOT, HE JUST MAKES ANOTHER
Fuck this movie, not even the Zone Flash was good.

You think Tadashi managed to fuck Gogo at least once before dying?

>emotionally unstable individuals make irrational decisions concerning their deceased loved ones

I'm pretty sure he was fucking this evil guy. No other reason to run in there for him instead of waiting for firefighters.

otoh he's in jail for supervillainy so that's probably going to put some strain on the relationship

Hiro basically miniaturized Callaghan's invention though. I don't really understand why Callaghan was so impressed by the microbots desu. Assuming that Hiro didn't invent the control device in the mask which is equal to inventing ESP, Callaghan shouldn't have thought that the microbots were anything speecial.

There was a lot wrong with this movie, but I think it's biggest flaw was the gigantic build up for a comic or tv series to follow afterward but it never happened.

I just couldn't care about the characters knowing that I had to watch the whole film knowing this is going no where. We only saw them in their suits three times, the first time them putting it on, second them failing, and third them just running around on a building while Hero solved the problem.

I'm not sure stupidity and lack of empathy exactly qualify as plot holes. How often have you made it through a day without encountering both at least once?

yes, this is basically the point of that whole thing: Callaghan had let his revenge consume him so much had basically begun to act as dismissive towards the tragedies of others as he felt Krei had been.

Also, "Baymax, destroy" didn't feel like censorship, it felt like it was meant to show how Hiro was regressing (A callback to "Megabot, Destroy" during the botfight) and treating his brother's legacy as one of his personal toys.

Why was Hiro's first invention(microbots from a garage with a box of scraps) so much stronger than the later shit he builds?

Probably because since Callaghan was the team's professor he understands their weaknesses. That and the fact that Hiro based off the microbots on his Megabot which was in turn based off of Callaghan's invention and he understands the design. That, and the fact that he's probably been using them for a while after his disappearance.

>Smartphones aren't special when we have full sized computers and phones!

Bro, miniaturization is ALWAYS a HUGE FUCKING DEAL in the tech game. If we assume Megabot and it's base components were the standard, Hiro managed to shrink down Callaghan's idea to less than a tenth it's size.

Because Hiro wanted to play to the strengths of his friends. Also, he might not have built any specific signal frequency for the microbot control headset and may have worried building more would just be giving Callaghan more microbots.

I thought a television series was confirmed recently?

it is, but he still has a point.

I loved the movie but it cane feel a bit frustrating.

Personally, I'd love to explore the world itself more.

>Did the Spanish and Japanese population combine Day of the Dead and Obon Matsuri?
>San Fransokyo was rebuilt by Japanese immigrants, but that would mean there needed to be MORE Japanese immigrants around to have that kind of sway, did something happen in Japan? (like maybe they ended the isolation period in time for the Gold Rush and sent craploads of people over?)
>all things given, it seems the potential to be a superhero or villain in that universe has been possible for awhile (even ignoring Fred's dad as nothing more than a joke), so have there been others before Hiro and the gang?
>What are the real names of Tadashi's circle? And what was Tadashi's nickname from Fred, if any?
>Why doesn't hiro have his glasses, he looked great with them in the comics. (Okay, this is actually probably because laser eye surgery is common in-universe, though, then what's up with Honey?)

They're actually smart glasses

>I dunno it just seems like there was a hole in the plot and the directors just went with it and didn't try to work it in.
Villains being only concerned about their own pain or grief or desires is not a plot hole, it's a common character trait, and something that defines them as villains.

Worse, the rest of the team doesn't really play a huge role in the story. Only Fred was crucial, and even then it was only because he had money. The rest are just window dressing.

Sorry when i said Callaghan shouldn't have thought that the microbots were anything special what i meant was the whole stealing them and making them the linchpin of his entire revenge plot thing. We know the Silent Sparrow accident happened before the science fair so i'm weirded out why Callaghan never thought about inventing something like the microbots. Like seriously the guy is supposedly the pioneer of robotics. He invented the callaghan actuators, he codified the Laws of Robotics and he also invented the whole magnetic bearing servos that was the entire backbone of the megabot design. Hiro taking the ideas and miniaturizing them is a big deal i understand that and, as a teacher, Callaghan offering him entry to SFU was an obvious choice but Callaghan immediately wanting to steal them and making it the entire thing to drive his plans? The same guy who went from robotics to teleportation never thinking about making something like the microbots is what baffles me.

I use Amy Martinez as a headcanon name for Honey Lemon because it keeps her comic counterpart's initials.

This falls apart because he's portrayed as a nice guy who cared for the students he was tutoring...until he didn't. He's also one of the world's leading scientists but he tries to go on a murder spree instead of just trying to rescue his daughter. Then they try to play him off as a sympathetic character when he's trying to murder kids for basically no reason.

He's awful.

I imagine that they let asian immigrants enter the west coast openly like european immigrants could enter from the east coast.
In brazil and peru where japanese and chinese were welcomed en masse there are lots of buildings with traditional asian architecture. hell in some parts you can find monolingual japanese or chinese speakers.

I was so hard when Hiro went murder mode, I really didn't see that coming, an I wish it lasted longer.

Yeah... Disney doesn't know how to foreshadow their twist-villains.

I hope so, man deserved something good in his life before he burned and or suffocated to death.

People cam be hypocrites user. He probably realized it but didn't want to face it and rationalized it cause guess what he has no fucking morals. That the guy only cared about his own suffering and dismissed the suffering of others isn't a plot hole at all.

But his mindless pursuit of revenge is the direct cause of getting his daughter back, so... the morals a bit fucked.

Wasn't it a "but at what cost" kind of thing

I can't imagine she'll be pleased with the things he did

>wants to steal mind-controlled nanobots
>hundreds of ways to do it, all he needs is the helmet
>blows up the exhibition center
I don't follow the leap in logic

So, this was great.

gonna need a link on that.

That's your problem with the plot? Not the fact that this guy formulated a plan to fake his own death and burn down an entire building to steal the nanobots he just learned about 5 minutes ago?

He literally goes "oh cool invention Hiro" then walks off and burns the place down. The plot felt rushed

It's the first result if you search "yaoi" on sad panda.

ay thanks mayne

The fact that they managed to make the moral work despite that is extremely impressive

Turns out people fueled by grief and hatred aren't that rational

He got her back, but they probably won't be a happy family after all that's happened.

Its the basic villain archetype of "I am angry at X, so I will do X to other people to exact revenge!" Usually when a villain becomes a villain, they stop seeing their contradictory actions.

I wonder if Hiro re-purposed the microbots to use for heroing after beating Callaghan.

Imagine a Baymax with maybe the microbots housed inside so they can be deployed for emergencies that require a lot of helping hands.