You are now aware that he has directed 3 films

You are now aware that he has directed 3 films.

meanwhile, Latza and Doug....

>can't even get a PA job
>he's got an oscar for directing a musical where hollywood jacks off to itself
why do i cling to this impossible dream

Why the fuck are you trying to get PA jobs if your goal is to become a director?

Not that guy but it is a well divulged meme that you gotta start from the bottom on the industry

He's also Jewish so you better get to studying your Talmud and adding a -berg to your surname

Laquan Damarcusberg.

This might work, look out hollywood!

On the same path myself, but one of the standard processes is to have a few years' worth of PA skills under your belt in order to get into the DGA, and from there you can move up toward being an AD. Idea being is that if you're good enough, you can do basic directing shit eventually. Either that or being a PA is a doorway to other shit/departments you're a better fit in.

You are now aware that he has directed four feature films.

and he was also a writer on 10 Cloverfield Lane

that alone would be the apex of any Sup Forums filmmaker or industryfag's career

Which is of course complete bullshit. Nobody will give you millions of dollars or even hundreds of thousands to direct a film just because you worked your way up on set and paid your dues.

Yeah, the "climb the ladder" meme holds true if your goal is to become 1st AD - because that's the highest you can go by "working your way up".

You guys realize that some guy will leapfrog guys like you by just making a film on their own, right? Even some guy who makes a short film and puts it on Youtube is way ahead of you when it comes to getting films to direct. How many hours did, for example, Chris Nolan put in as a crew member on professional film sets?

He also wrote that film with Elijah Wood playing a piano while John Cusack was aming him with a sniper rifle.

Was kinda meh

You are now aware he only has one okay film and the other two are terrible and he wouldn't be where he is today without nepotism.

With whom is he related? Being ony jewish doesn't count.

What kind of nepotism? I know he's a Jew but that's about it.

I think Lala Land is a enjoyable movie. While Whiplash it a better movie overall. We can all tell it was HollyWood beating it's meat.

La La Land was robbed of its deserved win because Trump won the election. Just face it, Chazelle is a top-notch director.

i can't wait for more films about a guy that makes personal sacrifices to achieve a long held dream
every movie he's directed so far is basically a metaphor about him struggling and wanting to be a director, but instead of director it's drummer or pianist
his next one seems to be about neil armstrongs journey to get to the moon, so the pattern seems to be there still, this time about becoming an astronaut instead of a musician

Lol I doubt you could make a movie half as good.

I was already aware of this.

He went to Yale

bald guy with the beard who thanked his aryan blue eyed wife is married to the daughter of the guy who wrote Hook