The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 3: New Mutants (Part 8)

Better late than never, it's crossover time!

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/co/search/subject/great x-men storytime/
libgen.io/comics/index.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know you have been busy with university but next time tell us about it, I was worry you werent going to continue doing this.

user, I am so sorry for leaving you guys hanging, and I do mean it. I just had no idea you would care so much! So next time this happens I will make a thread informing you, I promise.

I also promise to make this storytime as regular as possible, but I will probably miss a day or two even so.

You have no idea how mad i am that the stars lined up just the wrong way and we got this and not X-Men/LOSH

all right also are you the same user storytiming Peter David Hulk run ?

JEAAAAAAAAAAAN

>these guys are just Imperial Guard wannabes!

Nope!
I can't afford to storytime more than one thing a day, although I did run a few Darwyn Cooke stories last weekend.

What have we read so far? Im gonna try and catch up on my own time.

I was gonna say I would kill for a Nightcrawler/Legionnaire swordfight by Cockrum but I can't think of a swashbuckling enough Legionnaire.

Obvious as is it I really like Phoenix vs Raven stuff here

desustorage.org/co/search/subject/great x-men storytime/

Where exactly did you get these versions? The scans of X-Men comics I have are all really poor quality.

libgen.io/comics/index.php
Go crazy.

LibGen is really nice but it doesn't have digital rips/good quality scans of EVERYTHING, so you're bound to be stuck with some shitty scans, like the Dazzler stuff we read.

nice subtle job telling us Deathstrokes powers Chris

dat kory in panel 1

By the way, is that BOOM! classic Simonson or what?

Closest we ever got was that Unlimited Access appearance.

I think Simonson is the only one who gives his onomatopoeias exclamation points, at least in American superhero comics.

Karate Kid?

It doesn't feel as powerful as KRAKATHOOM

Does anything?

I miss Wally. ;____;

>Your rage, your hatred-they are agony to me!
I always forget how wimpy comics Raven is.

The Source Wall is too hardcore for Sup Forums's puny file size limits.

The pages where Surtur is forging his sword and each hammer blow is just DOOM!

I need to read Orion, I'm sure there's some good shit in there

I too miss him and his communist-hating ways.

>his communist-hating ways

And then there was the time he teamed up with Fidel Castro during Invasion!

If you're planning to buy it I'd wait until a later edition, I heard DC fucked up the omni.

>Darkseid had to hire Deathstroke as an assassin
Fucking Kanto really is the most pointless New God.

That was pretty funny, especially how Castro had the hots for his mom.

Yeah all the back up stories are segregated and not paired with the issue they're supposed to. I'll just buy the floppies, I'm sure I can find them in the cheap bins since the comic is from like 2002

No villain messed up his life in the WML run more than his mom

> Oh some people called the JLI came by, but I told them you wouldn't be interested

didn't she also spend all his lottery money?

Personally I've never seen the point of Mantis, other than being "that one dude the Forever People fight sometimes"

His dad was kinda bad too, but yeah, his mom sucks.

How did the Shiar from Marvel contact Starfire's people?

Well he's got a sweet costume, one of the best of the New Gods imo.

In the early DC/Marvel crossovers, the plot just acted like they were always in the same universe, they just never met. Like, Superman doesn't fall through a wormhole to Marvel, he goes with Lois Lane as Clark Kent to Manhattan where he runs into Spider-Man.

>Darkseid just leaves them

that's amazing

He "hired" her as his accountant and she fucked up big time, yeah.

These old DC/Marvel crossovers took place in a shared reality where both properties co-existed. It never made sense but it was easier than coming up with some kind of explanation as to why the titular heroes found themselves in another reality, especially when you're writing, say, Batman/Daredevil, the kind of folks who wouldn't usually run into an interdimensional portal.

Oh yeah, his design is great, I just don't get why he exists.

Even the Deep Six have been used more often, but I'm sure there's a great Mantis story waiting to be told.

>Your steel pal's a Russian?

oh Wally

the best part of this page is Nightcrawler in the corner speaking german

So does she sprechen deutsch?

>I just don't get why he exists.
If I had to guess it was so the heroes could battle an incredibly powerful foe without having to overuse Darkseid. The less a character like Darkseid has to show up ( and lose) the more menacing they seem

That does make sense, and you can only use Kalibak the Jobber so much.

this is making me rage about AvX all over again. That Phoenix Blast from Cyke is great

AvX will be fun when we get to it.
No, I won't run Muh Phoenix

oh god and I was just beggining to lose faith, thank you so much again

Nice, although am I just bad at searching or is there stuff missing? Like going into ASM it seems like it skips around.

POWER
OF
LOVE

Claremont did it first, Loeb!