Better Call Saul

It's Season 3 and Episode 6 and we just now FINALLY are introduced to Jimmy McGill's first professional incarnation of Saul Goodman, for which the show is named after.

Just how long is this show going to last?
If it lasts 5 like Breaking Bad, that means half the show was titled after character that hadn't truly emerged yet.

3 seasons of Jimmy

2-3 seasons of Saul

1 seasons of gene

a gene season would be so kino it would nuke the collective conscious of television viewers across the globe

too bad it won't happen

I wanted a Little bit more of "Lawyery antics" but I can't say I'm not excited for "Saul the ad guy".

Hopefully as long as it needs, I'm completely fine with the show taking it's time, has worked so far.

So what is Chuck going to do?

Nah Gene will be the last one or two episodes

be cucked

Chuck is his own worst enemy. Even after based Howard tries his best to stop him from continuing his autistic Crusade against Jimmy you can tell he still won't let it go.

that Lydia cameo

jimmy is a fucking faggot.

He has had confirmed proof since S1 that his brother is mentally ill and that his illness is in his head.

Still he fucked with his sick brother for some fucking girl, his brother who was recovering through working.

Chuck is going to an hero.

Good

Anyone else want to throat fuck Lydia?

So they're retconning the origin of "Saul Goodman"? Wow, just when BCS was showing itself to be the best TV that ever was made we see the first chink in its chinese armor

Jimmy genuinely believed Chucks condition was real for a while and even when he realised it was all in his head he continued to humour him until Chuck started fucking with Kim and himself.

Origin of Saul Goodman was never explained in BR, what he told Walt was just banter.

his condition is real. As in he's really fucked up in the head. Jimmy could have saved him in S1 by committing him.

>half the show was titled after a character that hadn't truly emerged yet

Reminder that we've already seen 100% how the Saul Goodman character works in BB as well as the flashforward scenes with Jimmy hiding after fleeing, signifying Goodman's retire.
BCS is about how he emerges and evolves into what we've already seen.
It would be no fun to have it showcase what we already know for 5 seasons.

>that is a 35 year old macallan
>1966
I thought this show took place during 2003?

>Anyone else want to throat fuck Lydia?

Delete this.

Lawyers are notorously bad with math.

I'm calling it:

Nacho's dad gets Jimmy to make a commercial for him. That's how Jimmy gets caught up with Hector and Gus.

has 9/11 happened yet???!?!

Whiskey, unlike wine, doesn't age once it has been bottled

jimmy causes 9/11 which is why kim leaves him

this episode was rather weak compared to the rest of this season

why would he attack new york

I get that Jimmy changes his name to Saul and so they are the same character, but why the fuck do they use the same actor for Gene? Why is AMC so cheap?

montages are expensive

thoughts on the cinematography?
pretty kino

>My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys.
First episode Saul appeared in on BB. The only thing they retconned was his degree. Go Sandcrabs!

Jimmy did 9/11 and Kim died in the WTC, which is why she leaves him, idiot

So he's selling TV commercials to homeboys? Fuck off, AMC shill

who was the montage again? romeo or juliet?

All I know is last 4 or 5 episodes of the series are going to be fucking nuts, you could see the actual terror in Gene's eyes in the flash forwards.

They are wrapping this shit up fast because they may not be renewed.

Two and a half seasons of slow burn and the show was sluggish and losing viewers. This made the bosses at AMC light a fire under Vince's ass and it shows.

Now we have BrBa cameos on every episode. Last episode had five different plots starting to get tied up, and of course Lydia. They are truly desperate to get viewership back. and get renewed.

w-what?

low bait
netflix is co-owner of this show and wouldn't cancel it

why do stupid people try so hard to seem smart? it doesn't work, guys. if you have difficulty understanding a television program designed to entertain you then perhaps you should get a job at a factory somewhere and spend the rest of your life doing something that your brain will be capable of like packing plastic forks.

the montages and the capulets

Should have been shot on film. Or at least Digital Bolex.

So is there going to be a time skip or something? 12 months of no lawyering is a long fucking time.

>gene meeting kim after all those years

Chuck was pretty /fa/ in this scene

>why doesnt this show about the origin of a character start after the character was created

The show is already post-9/11. At least I think it is, flip phones like the one Jimmy had last episode were not around until ~2003 or 2004.

>It's all good, man.

Jesus Christ, really?

Then explain the age of the Scotch, you conspiracy theorist

Montagues is romeo capulets juliet

I clapped IRL

um Her name is Lydia and the polite term is "Scottish"

Oh. She's a qt

Walter White's Kimo-therapy cameo

Explain the mothers that say that their kid is 28 months old, instead of 2 years... Same thing really.

You only count the years it was in a barrel. Even now that would still be considered 35 years aged.

Wine is aged in bottles, not scotch. You can have a 20 year old scotch that is 35 years old.

BCS is currently in 2003, started in 2002. BB starts on Walter's 50 birthday in 2008. The writers fucked up with Holly being born in 2006.

So the only real inconsistency is Mike's granddaughter. She looks a little too old in BCS, but it's not a big deal.

Plus a few of the computers, cars, and phones they use are off by a year or two.

Hey Vince, why are we filming all of my scenes first?

>Jimmy tells chuck's ex how he never did anything good for him
>sips a Davis&Main cup
You think you sly Vince

BCS mostly looks like technology from around 2004-2006. It's also not really a period show, so if there's some late model Camry in the background I don't spazz out like an austist.

Any dates given on BrBa were accidental and unavoidable. As such, no reason to assume the writers are going to abide by it.

You sound like you drink blended whisky

I don't like the "nothing happened" meme and I enjoyed every single of the season so far, but this one sucked and truly nothing happened.

I want to snort ricin off of Lydia's ass

threadly reminder
>slow burn = weak fuel
fuck this show and its half hearted attempt at sucking the fumes of BB

Episode 6 moved too fast for my liking

Does anyone else fucking hate Mike's daughter in law? I know that cunt is up to something.

Reading this post made me laugh and then I got really sad.

It's not fair when actors become really successful when they're old. I wish he could've had a whole life being a recognizable and successful thespian. He deserves better

i think 7-8 seasons should be fine, after all we haven't even scratched the surface of breaking bad, and they really need to flesh out those events from sauls point of view if you ask me.
if the show is too short i will be very sad.

I hope it turns into the Walking Dead and goes on forever.

Gene should use the magic cinnabon to wish that none of the events ever happened and Walt never cooks meth and he never loses Kim

They're just trying to humanize Mike before he goes full operator

I agree. I think we need to montage to Breaking Bad soon so this doesn't drag.

It was a joke fake-name he and his buddy used when scamming people, if you don't remember.

kindly kys and leave the thread

I think eight or nine seasons total. We will end up getting a lot of saul

No, they don't. Outside of references, I couldn't care less about the BrBa stuff.

I don't think we're going to see much of BB from Saul's point of view, there is no tension or anything because we know what happens.

I do foresee future episodes with him as Gene and meeting up with Kim or Chuck or someone again.

I thought we were only getting 4 seasons?

Kim is dead.

Who the fuck told you that? There's no way. This show has a ton of ground to cover.

I don't think so.
Odenkirk is already sad about spending a lot of time away from his family every year.

This would be ideal. Enough to where we get a full coverage of Jimmy and his various characters.

Can Odenkirk really refuse work?

Not really. 5 seasons. Tops. Maybe S4 runs alongside BrBa and S5 is Gene. Maybe 4 and 5 is Gene. No way it goes more than 5.

He probably would for his family.

He's probably set for money, user.

What did she mean by this?

His family doesnt even want him lol

I wish he was my dad ;_;

Rhea Seehorn wants your love

Just searched. 4 million dollars. I mean i could live my whole life with that probably

the latest in Sup Forums fashion tbf

>Or when your son doesn't want you to show him how to do something

Ha ha Better Call Dad!

Seriously, I have to go call my dad now

yeah, that makes sense

Plus I think his wife is an agent or something.

what did vince mean by this

Gene scenes are current day, the Jimmy parts are flashbacks