Why does CN have such mediocore animation quality nowadays compared to the 2000's era?

Why does CN have such mediocore animation quality nowadays compared to the 2000's era?

Heck, even Nickelodeon now have a better team of artists and animators to some extent.

That isn't animation. Thats art you fucknut.

Calarts

I honestly can't tell what show that's from

Smaller ratings mean smaller budgets, the simplified artstyles are only partially to blame on that though, it's largely a stylistic thing.
Going off-model seems to be discouraged which is a shame, Adventure Time used to do it in the first couple of seasons before Pen decided he didn't like it anymore.
SU does special off-model poses fairly frequently and while the animation used to be rather inconsistent I'd say it's pretty attractive nowadays.
Regular Show has always been stiff. I chalked it up on them using a lot of the budget on licsensed music.
Clarence's designs are deliberately odd, you like em or you don't, but the show moves very well, the characters all have a lot of weight and depth and it's very smooth. Also some episodes have looser, more hand drawn animation, see "The Tails of Mardrynia", very fluid stuff.
Obviously PPG and the flash shows are kind of shit animation-wise. Gumball's tasteful design makes it acceptable to look at but it's not animated that well.

>The Tails of Mardrynia
I can see what you mean for Clarence, since I just saw the clip. But I will say it isn't that fluid at some scenes.

thin lines makes me that i can't fucking see it

For that episode I'm referring specifically to the fantasy scenes, there's quite a few and they all have a distinctly loose hand-drawn flavor, not like much I've seen on TV recently

I like how you can tell what network something is from more easily than you can tell what show it's from.

I also adore the The Secret of NIMH reference on the squirrel.

they lost genndy and craig

Modern storyboarders are shit because of the emphasis on letting them write. As a result, the animation is worse and the designs need to be simplified to make it easier for them to draw.

(you)

Mmmmmmmmmoney

What is this even from?

PPG?

Well I don't like it.

PPG reboot

What a shitty ass episode of a mostly mediocre continuation of a classic, as was the Spider Bitch episode.

I can only imagine the Rainbow Panda and Unicorn episodes being either as bad or worse.

They don't you nostalgic idiot

>animation quality
>still image

Based on the fact it has no clear identifiable style, I'm going to guess the new PPG.

Not OP, but I thought Sup Forums liked to wank to Richard Williams and pretend to have read his book. Or are those only trotted out for Sup Forums vs Sup Forums threads?

Design does have an effect on animation. Even with a still image, I can tell that the dress does not behave like a dress, while the rigidness of the body and barren features of the face communicates little to no drama. It may not be bad animation, but it's unambitious.

they went from "the chanel decide everything" to "creators are in controle again" to "said creators are spineless e-famous faggots, so nobody is in charge anymore"
that's what happen when you mix work and "nice guys".