Lets have a Disney Parks thread.
>Favorite park characters
>Favorite rides
>Favorite restaurants
>Favorite entertainment

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8TIklXtMDGk
youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-disney-hollywood-studios-magic-animation-closing-20150629-post.html
youtube.com/watch?v=o_Wfu-MA0mc
youtube.com/watch?v=FVWtTPa7wLM
youtu.be/1096QazE1gQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i9Th3Gnd6zQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm gonna start off saying I'm really sad about the GotG changes coming to Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. That ride is perfect as it is and I hate how they're gonna shoehorn Marvel into it. This is coming from a Marvel fan.

>Favorite park characters
Donald Duck both in the character himself and how the parks version interacts with people. Goofy, Aladdin, Genie and Captain Hook are also great.
>Favorite rides
Any ride that has the word Mountain in its name. Plus the Teacups and the Haunted Mansion.
>Favorite restaurants
The BBQ place that used to be near Frontier Land at Disneyland before they closed it earlier this year so they can build Star Wars. Glad I was able to go last year. And any of the character buffet breakfasts. All of them are fucking good I don't care what anyone else says. Mickey Waffles, Motherfucker!
>Favorite entertainment
Fantasmic. Nothing has ever come anywhere near close to topping that and it's been over 20 years.

Aseema is cute. Cute!

Too bad Rivers of Light's gotten super delayed.

> Sounds too stupid to be true
> Google it
> oh fuck
> Still just rumors right now but what if they actually do this
Noooooo

>Planned entire trip to go to Disney World to see that stuff
>Paid it off, booked flight, everything
>They announce the delays of Rivers of Light and Frozen mere weeks before May
>ended up only hanging out in Magic Kingdom and Epcot

California is sounding like a done deal, but Florida might just squeeze their way out of it because they can't really afford to close the Tower for six months while all that other construction is going on.

Animal Kingdom's gonna have the other nighttime stuff going on this summer like the nighttime Safari and the Tree of Life awakenings and some kinda stopgap thing based around the new Jungle Book.

I already done and did my trip already though...

It doesn't seem like Disney thinks about the long term when they come up with things like this.
>Avatar Land
>Frozen ride in Epcot
>Replacing Muppet Vision at California Adventure with a Frozen show then replacing Aladdin with another Frozen show
>Hollywood Studios is fucked beyond repair
>Replacing the Darth Vader meet and greet they had just started at Hollywood Studios with shitty Kylo Ren after only a couple months
>The Zootopia characters only appear at Disney World as part of that god awful dance parade

The fact that they suddenly announced that Frozen is opening in June just a couple weeks ago after a long period of silence is weird as fuck. When the rides at New Fantasyland were opening a couple years ago, they wouldn't shut up about them.

Next time, wait for shit to actually be open before planning your trip. Just trust me on that.

They can do whatever they want to the shitty California Version.
Memelord better keep his dance offs out of the superior Florida version.
Also this is pretty cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=8TIklXtMDGk

If they're bringing that Beauty of the Beast ride to Disneyland like they are Tokyo (and this seems to be the case based on some news recently), then I'll forgive them.

Nah, throw in a new Peoplemover and I'll forgive them. They need to redo the whole thing and base it off the WDW Peoplemover. It already covers the OSHA bullshit that is needed to do the Peoplemover again at Land.

>>Hollywood Studios is fucked beyond repair

Studios was always poorly planned out and its growth was stunted by the fuckups in Paris. They had so many expansion plans in the 90s that fell to the wayside because of Paris. Sunset Boulevard was pretty much all we got out of that.

And even now, because of Shanghai, what we are getting in the Studios is already getting cut down. Toy Story Land's losing its Woody's Roundup area and most of the theming for the Slinky coaster and Star Wars Land's awkwardly being put next door instead of the initial plan of replacing the Indy Stunt Show and parking lot behind Star Tours that would have incorporated Star Tours into the final land.

>Replacing the Twilight Zone, one of the best TV shows of all time, with a capeshit film that'll be forgotten in a decade or 2

WHY

Because the new head of Parks and Resorts is literally a merchant. Came in from the Consumer Products division and wants a Marvel ride in the American parks ASAP. Not having to pay CBS royalties for the Twilight Zone property is an added bonus.

He has the right idea about getting the US parks a Marvel ride, but he's executing it the wrong way.

>Hollywood Studios is fucked beyond repair

I hope it turns out well. Plus once Toy Storyland and Star Warslanf are done maybe they can renovate Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster.

>Replacing the Darth Vader meet and greet they had just started at Hollywood Studios with shitty Kylo Ren after only a couple months

This will never not make me mad. Not only did they replace the best Sith with a potential school shooter, but they got rid of The Magic of Disney Animation to put that retarded Launch Bay in.

Also Town Center opened at Disney Springs on Sunday. Shit's expensive, but they have a cake shop that has some amazing cake in it I tried the "Sunrise Tokyo Bay," which was awesome.

The Cupcake Vending machine place had a fucking line for it, as did the burger place.

Still a few places opening at the end of the month, and a few more later on.

Wait, what?
I thought the plan was to get rid of Streets of America, which besides Muppet Vision is nothing and a theater that has been abandoned since the early 2000s.
Which is also right in front of Star Wars Land.
Marvel Theme Park Rights are really complex.
They basically can't do anything East of the Mississippi, and possibly can't use any of the characters used at Universal anywhere in the U.S.
Which is why they want to do Guardians instead of Iron Man or Spider-man.

>Disney
>Marvel

GEE, I WONDER WHY

Magic of Disney Animation's been a shell of its former self since 2004 when they kicked the animators out.

youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA

Streets of America is gone. Muppets is still there, and Pizza Planet is being redone to be a Muppets restaurant. PP is being moved to the Toy Story area.

user... thats been closed for a year.
orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-disney-hollywood-studios-magic-animation-closing-20150629-post.html

Star Wars replacing Streets of America is the current plan. MuppetVision 3D is being kept around though with the surrounding area being renamed Muppets Courtyard and the Pizza Planet and possibly Mama Melrose's being rethemed to the Muppets.

Star Tours is going to be cut off from the rest of Star Wars Land and possibly rethemed to another property entirely after it opens.

A lot of them are still there, but they converted to CGI. Some of them still do 2D tests for stuff like Wreck-it Ralph and Frozen.
youtube.com/watch?v=o_Wfu-MA0mc
youtube.com/watch?v=FVWtTPa7wLM
2D animation isn't dead, but it's gonna be awhile before Disney finds a way to make it be as flexible as 3D animation (while keeping that sketchy charm), which is what stuff like Paperman is seeking out to do.

Point is, replacing Magic of Disney Animation with something else is something they should have done years ago, even if its a temporary Star Wars thing.

er, disregard. Misread post, I'm retarded

Got a trip coming up in October.

What's the deal with Animal Kingdom being open during the nighttime? Is that just going to be a summer thing or will I probably get to see it in fall?

Also I heard the other day that Sea World has shut down their orca breeding program. Should I try to go to Sea World while I'm down there?

Favorite character right here

That makes no sense though.
The only thing separating Star Tours from New York Street was the fake New York Backdrop.

please be a female suit actress

You don't get it. The Magic of Disney Animation used to be an actual animation studio that produced Mulan, Lilo and Stitch and Brother Bear in addition to doing sequences for the rest of the Disney renaissance films. The attraction was a studio tour that let you peek into the studio offices and see animators at work.

But when Michael Eisner killed 2D animation the first time, he also consolidated operations so that Disney animation was only done in Burbank and shut down the satellite studios. A fourth film being produced in Florida called My Peoples (a mostly 2D animated Appalachian love story featuring CG living folkart pieces playing matchmakers) got cancelled in favor of Chicken Little

>What's the deal with Animal Kingdom being open during the nighttime? Is that just going to be a summer thing or will I probably get to see it in fall?

I'd have to double check, but they put in a new light show there which should be officially opening "soon." Then they're going to have Nighttime Safaris at Kilimanjaro Safaris and some Tree Lighting thing at the tree of life.

>Also I heard the other day that Sea World has shut down their orca breeding program. Should I try to go to Sea World while I'm down there?

Are you a roller coaster fan? If yes, go. I'm a cast Member and one of my managers said "Sea World destroys us in terms of roller coasters." Especially with the new one coming out here soon, Mako.

I saw a girl bounding as her months ago, and just barely recognized her. What was her name again and where was she from?

Pretty much all the suit character are female, except for the tall ones like Goofy, Beast, and Pluto.

Not necessarily in Japan.

I've been on both (and love both) but the DCA version much more recently. Are they really that different? I don't remember it being so.

herewego.jpg

>all the new stupid rules for mnsshp

not even worth attending anymore.

>What was her name again
Clarice, from Two chips and a miss

Florida version has horizontal movement.
Your car actually moves along a track through a scene to get to the drop shaft.
The Florida version also has a randomized drop sequence.

I'm going to be going. Dunno if I'll be wearing a costume though. Anything I should know? I thought the rules were simple (but still dumb) "no capes, no masks, no prop weapons," but is there more than that?

See

And that Muppet area that's being kept around.

And the way that fans have pieced things together between the concept art and Google Maps (Google Earth still has a hat apparently), they'll only barely be touching the existing corridor.

>Because the new head of Parks and Resorts is literally a merchant
We're talking about a guy who thinks making an Avatar Land is a good idea. Hopefully he'll get pushed down when that inevitably bombs.

The area where Muppet Vision is was recently renamed to Muppet Courtyard. (Before, it was part of Streets of America) I have no idea how they're going to make Star Wars work around it though unless they plan on moving Star Tours.

>I saw a girl bounding as her months ago, and just barely recognized her. What was her name again and where was she from?
Some girl chipmunk from a Chip 'n Dale cartoon before Rescue Rangers existed. I think her name was Clarice or something like that.

basically, they added more rules - now it's no layers at all.

I'm a grown ass man, and I've never been to Disneyland. Is it as good as I've heard? I'm especially curious about the food.

I'd love to go now, but I'd probably feel weird going on my own to a theme park.

Ahh I actually do remember the horizontal movement now that you mention it. Didn't know about the randomized sequence though, that sounds great.

>>Favorite park characters
Phineas and Ferb were the only characters I really interacted with when I went last year, but goddamn, they were a fucking blast. Sucks they don't meet anymore.
>>Favorite rides
Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.
>>Favorite restaurants
Be Our Guest, mostly for the theming. Food wise, I can't really remember.
>>Favorite entertainment
Phillarmagic. The graphics are dated, but it's still the best 3D I've ever seen. That shit comes RIGHT at you.

I don't get why Disney would just burn money when they spent a ton of it redoing Star Tours a few years ago.
Though a re-themed Star Tours would be a better fit for Guardians, at both Tomorrowland and the Studios, than the fucking Tower of Terror.

Have kids so you can have some excuse to go.

Being a grown ass man getting onto It's A Small World by yourself isn't a good look.

There are plenty of adults there on their own. You wouldn't be out of place at all

No, Avatar Land was greenlit under the previous Parks head's watch, Tom Staggs. He's been booted out because of the MyMagic+ clusterfuck and Shanghai running overbudget.

The new guy's name is Bob Chapek. Apparently he's responsible for the whole "Buy this video before it goes into the Disney Vault" concept and is an Ike Perlmutter tier cost cutter.

Like, not even a sweater or coat?

>tfw I'm going to Disney World in a month

I'm so fucking excited. I haven't been there in about 10 years.

Also my favorite characters are Honest John & Gideon, Chip & Dale, Mickey and Minnie.

They've changed the drop sequence over the years.
It was originally only one drop, then two, then two with a fake drop, then randomized

The entire experience is much much better without children.

I don't think they can force you to remove a coar or sweater, but the wording is really ambigious so far and disney hasn't bothered to clarify.

For me, dressing up is the coolest part of mnsshp so until they do, I've scrapped ny plans.

Life in general is much much better without children.

>no layers
That's one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while.
I don't think they've even announced any dates for DL.

Putting Star Wars Land towards the back of the park in the Lights Motors Action area is cheaper as there's less infrastructure headaches like building new guest parking structures or swamp reclaimation.

As for Tower, the idea in California anyway is that its a foothold for a Marvel expansion either behind the Tower or taking over the area around the Monsters ride, even though they'll have that non-Marvel stuff between the Tower and everything else if they go the latter route.

REBRAND FUCKING WHEN

Literally over half of Disneylands attendees are people like you.

I d-don't think I've ever seen her in th-that outfit.

>not going on small world to appreciate the work of mary blair and a historical ride that walt disney was directly involved in

if it's any of the other small worlds in the other parks, yeah, but anaheims get a pass

... they have, user. Last month in fact.

You can smell the fucking chillin dog smell just by walking in it.

Though the ride did remind me of the alien milf from the movie, so there's that

It's her outfit from Tokyo Disney Sea 15th anniversasy event Crystal Wishes Journey, or クリスタルウィッシュジャーニー in Japanese

Shit. So they swapped someone shitty out with someone even shittier? Great management they got over there.

God, Disney World's just going further and further down the shit hole.
>We don't care because we're Disney and people will still come no matter what

>only good float is the Mulan one
Shanghai's parade looks pretty thrown together compared to other parks'. At least, the rest of the park looks gorgeous.

youtu.be/1096QazE1gQ

Well fuck, I sword I just checked at the beginning of this month.

I'm just going because my friends are going, I want to go to Magic Kingdom on the particularly night they picked because it happens to be my birthday, and I've never done mnsshp and want to give it a try to check out the parade and stuff. But I've been trying to pack light when I go traveling and am considering not wasting valuable packing space with a costume.

I remember my family getting in line for this one years ago, and I had to get off the line because I felt sick and went to the bathroom instead.

I'm going to go ahead and say I probably made the better choice going to the bathroom than to Stitch's Great Escape. Everything I've heard about it sounds fucking terrible.

>Marvel Land when they don't have the rights to hardly any of the Avengers, none of the X-men, no Spider-man, no Hulk, no Fantastic Four.
Can't wait to ride the amazing adventures of Black Widow (Yelena Belova), drink at Jessica Jone's Bar, and see the Inhuman's LIVE! Please Care About Us stage show.

It was pretty cool 5 years ago. Just nowhere near as cool as the original ride

California's free game for Marvel. It's Florida they can't use the heavy hitters at.

That's why Guardians Tower is leading this: It's the one thing they can bring to Florida, even though it'd make way more sense to retheme Rock n Roller Coaster.

Why not just make a new ride?

You would've had an accident in there had you chosen to stay in line.

I'm not saying that to insult you. You'd be stuck in an uncomfortable seat with an inescapable harness in a room that smells like chili dogs. I can't imagine it being a pleasant experience for someone not feeling well.

*rubs hands together and smirks*

Why does it smell like chili dogs?

Yeah. That was exactly my thought back then.

Plus being in a dirty Tomorrowland bathroom taking a sick shit would probably be preferable to SGE either way.

Stitch burps in your face at one point.

Stitch eats someone's chili dog.

Then belches.

If they replaced it the smell would linger for years

Stitch steals it from someone else in the room and then belches it.

Actually, Disney can't even use the Inhumans at a Florida park
Kek.

Because they're already spending a ton of money on Star Wars and stuff. Like the only thing that can stop this Tower crap is if Shanghai reeaallly shits the bed, but it's looking like that won't happen because you have a ton of people going down there even now just to look through the gates and trample through all the landscaping and shit in the flowerbeds around the park entrance and Disneytown district.

>ywn go back in time and strangle whoever thought Avatarland was a good idea
Oh boy, this movie will totally stay relevant!

I can't even fucking remember anything from that movie.

wonder how much Disney would have to pay Universal to get them to give back the theme park rights to Marvel stuff, heck Universal barely does anything with it as is, and as it continues to stagnate in a late 90's early 00's limbo it's just going to become more and more of an embarrassment for Universal to hold onto

Considering they just completely rebuilt the Hulk Coaster, a whole fucking lot.
youtube.com/watch?v=i9Th3Gnd6zQ

Universal's also planning an Avengers E-Ticket

Didn't Animal Kingdom close early for the health of the animals?

How different is it from the original, anyways?

Same ride layout, but a completely new track, ride vehicles, and story.
Back when I worked at IOA the Hulk was known to be in somewhat bad condition.
Basically even light rain could make the brakes fail, meaning the ride would overshoot the station and have to be evaced.
So the ride would shut down all the time. Thats why they did the rebuild.

>have headache, feeling shitty
>see disney parks thread
>getting hyped for my upcoming trip
>suddenly terrified one of my headaches or something will happen at a time I have planned to be somewhere fun during the trip and ruin it

>Characters
Donald
>Rides
Space Mountain
>Restaurants
Hungry Bear
>Entertainment
Electrical Parade

>Didn't Animal Kingdom close early for the health of the animals?

I never really understood what that was about, myself. It's not like most of their animals sleep at night anyway and a lot of the habitats seemed to have quiet areas away from guests where the animals could just slink away to rest even during park hours.

That and the attraction menu was pretty small already.

The animal trails will still close after 5, but the plan with the Safari is to let more nocturnally active animals including painted dogs and hyenas take some of the diurnal animal shifts in addition to general rotation of the animals. Also, the preserve's going to be lit in a faux "always sunset" manner.

Rivers of Light will have no big pyro/fireworks stuff specifically to avoid stressing the animals out.

wonder why they're even bothering, seems to me they'd get more out of fleecing Disney for every cent they have selling the rights back to them(similar thoughts towards Fox not just selling the Fantastic 4 and X-Men rights back to Marvel/Disney)

Shit, the lines for the Safari are going to be awful.

>>Avatar Land
>mfw people on Sup Forums tried to tell me that Avatar was a better franchise for Disney to use for a section than Marvel

Don't go alone. Hiring a prostitute to go with you could work.