youtube.com/watch?v=Yg8MqjoFvy4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_of_Evil#Versions
youtube.com/watch?v=0DPW44-I3n4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

VINTAGE

DATED

MWAHHHHHHHHH THEFRENCH

jussDOenethiNG?

Just watched his Doc F for Fake. It's the best thing since sliced butter.

damn, just how DRUUUUNK was he? lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=7uWW--w4SRs

I wish to state for the record that I have seen Citizen Kane and The Room in the same theater, on the same screen. I am an important and hip guy.

MAAUUAAAAAHAHAAAHAHAHAH PEAS GROW THERE WAIT A MINUTE THAT'S TERRIBLE GREEN PEANESS OH THEY'RE EVEN BETTER WHEN YOU'RE

10/10

youtube.com/watch?v=dXpVA7IAH1o

..THE FRENCH..... CHAMPAGNE........

...and I will go down in you

she doesnt do anything?

Imagine being Orson in that ad and having to be all like "Muuuhaaaahhh, Paul Masson, you fuckin' fine, all delicious with your in-the-bottle fermentation and horrific faux-French monstrous taste. I would totally drink you, both in this advert and one for frozen peas." when all he really wants to do is drink another $500 Dom Perignon in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Orson and not only sit in that chair while the extra pours his disgusting California champagne in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing the suspicious-looking sediment building in it, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that pour. Not only having to tolerate the monstrous fucking taste but Paul Masson's haughty attitude as everyone on set says it's VINTAGE DATED and DAMN, PAUL MASSON CHAMPAGNE TASTES LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and drink the disgusting fucking piss water contorting your palette into horrific flavours you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been drinking nothing but a healthy diet of Krug and Bollinger and later alleged moonshine for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Wisconsin. You've never even drunk anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the chemical contaminants in this mass produced sham pigswill as it's poured again and again for you, the extra smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in the "French excellence (for that is what they call it)", the excellence they worked so hard for with fermentation techniques in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could break a bottle and stab everyone in this room, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Orson Welles. You're drunk as fuck and don't know why the extra isn't doing anything. Just bear it. Slurr your lines and bear it.

Unironically, how the fuck do you emphasize the "in" in "in July"?

MMMMMWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHH The Japanese 2Chan has always been celebrated for it's excellence. There is an American imageboard by Moot Masoon. Inspired by that same Japanese excellence, the memes are fermented and forced onto the internet.

criminally underrated, and I don't even care if the joke has been made before, as it most likely has.

kek

fuck off

Yes Orson

Mwuaahhaaa the threadsoftv always celebratedfortheirexcelence.

If anyone could explain it, I'd go down on them.

Fuck off Sup Forumslebbitumblr.

>the city of Philadelphia

How does a famous director like him end up drunk doing Paul Masson commercials or talking about frozen peas and fishsticks?

So pour, my son~

It usually involves a room full of money

BWAAAAAAAAAAAH thefrensh...champaihn...

this

does someone have a backstory? was he in debt?

He says "he doesn't do anything" referring to the extra holding the bottle. The commercial might have been better if the extra was pouring a glass.

AHHHHHH the memes

Fair meant it in the battle

>AAAAH THE FRENCH *taps pinky on the table* CHAMPAGNE

kino

aaaaaah the FRENSCH ... new wave ... hasalwaysbeencelebratedforitsdecadence ... there is a Czech New Wave by Menzel et al ... inspired ... by that same French cinema sense ... it'stormentedbythecensors and like the bestFrenchcinema is 60s dated so Doctor Brabec ...

youtube.com/watch?v=IH1PJTY9AVA

How about this instead: how about you channel your rage into wrecking up the room like either one of them, cuck? :^)

meta af and nice dubs

meta af post

>thefrench

>HINNNNNNNNNNNNN JULY

he had a lot of health problems, smoked, was an alcoholic, and overate constantly. When he got into his mid 30's it started catching up with him.

Professionally he peaked early, citizen kane was his first movie and even when it came out it was already considered among the very best movies ever made. His next picture, The Magnificent Ambersons, was drastically recut in editing by the studio with about an hour of the film removed. This was done without his consent, and he considered the film to be completely butchered. The end result was thoroughly mediocre, and the same was true for all the rest of his films (with the very notable exception of Touch of Evil, which is a really great movie). Later in life he tried to finance all his films entirely out of pocket which led to predictable money problems. He was working on a film called The Other Side of the Wind from 1970 to 1979 and never finished it.

He was also married 3 times.

It's vintage dated.

I've been here for thirteen years and I am never, ever going away. Deal with it piggot :^)

succulent Chinese meal

damn that makes a lot of sense, all the time i thought he said jusss doo anything? thanks bro

the final version seems so lively
youtube.com/watch?v=pl8-nL-QvQ0

>and the same was true for all the rest of his films
>Othello
>F for Fake
>The Trial
>Chimes at Midnight
>mediocre films

LITERALLY FUCK OFF BACK TO R*DDIT AND NEVER EVER EVER POST HERE AGAIN YOU FUCKING SUBHUMAN

This misses the main fuckup, which was that Citizen Kane was a fictionalized, extremely unflattering retelling of the life of William Randolph Hearst, the billionaire media kingpin. Hearst got pissed off for obvious reasons and singlehandedly tanked Welles' career out of revenge.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane#Hearst.27s_response

MAHAAAAAAAH THE COMMUNICATIONS havealwaysbeendisrupted, by anninvasion. thereisa Nabooian Senator, eLECted. by that same crisis, so Paul Patíne

F for Fake is shit

did the studio recut the shit out of Touch of Evil as well?

Welles is just a fascinating guy. This video is a pretty good example: youtube.com/watch?v=IjPsnfysrp8

In this one he talks about becoming friends with Hemingway: youtube.com/watch?v=NyTi9v9QPxE

yeah, there's like 3 different versions now

Like the best memes it's fermented in the shitposting threads

not to my knowledge
youtube.com/watch?v=Yg8MqjoFvy4

CHAMPAGNE?

there are
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_of_Evil#Versions

Who would win between Welles and Brandon in a hotdog eating contest?

Later in his career, Orson Welles' film projects were self funded and doing various advertisements was one of his primary sources of income.

>Welles screened the new cut and wrote a 58-page memo to Universal's head of production
>58 pages
was it autism?

yes

His rant on Woody Allen is 10/10

Looking back, being in Transformers was probably even more humiliating and off-brand for Welles. Too bad no one saved the outtakes from that

youtube.com/watch?v=0DPW44-I3n4

>My theory is that everything went to hell with Prohibition, because it was a law nobody could obey. So the whole concept of the rule of law was corrupted at that moment. Then came Vietnam, and marijuana, which clearly shouldn't be illegal, but is. If you go to jail for ten years in Texas when you light up a joint, who are you? You're a lawbreaker. It's just like Prohibition was. When people accept breaking the law as normal, something happens to the whole society, you see?

What did he mean by this?

People weren't arrested for drinking alcohol, though, it was entirely production and distribution.

yeah, and it's not like the arcane bullshit that made up the law prior to the 20th century was feasible to follow either

seeing memes I made makes me feel warm and depressed

is this a reference to Action Bronson?

It was first posted back in April 2016.

Whoops

moot point, everyone had to do their drinking in private because they were technically breaking the law

>when it came out it was already considered among the very best movies ever made
when it came out it was panned.

>People weren't arrested for drinking alcohol

Didn't they arrest anyone at a speakeasy during raids?
Or would they just get fined?

Daring synthesis

>she doesn't snatch anything?

MMMMMWAH thetwoscoops have been revered for their presidency