Homestuck

What the hell was up with all the pool symbolism?

Does pool have anything to do with computer science?

The pool symbolism complimented the midnight crew's playing cards symbolism, which makes sense considering the felt were designed as the antagonists of the intermission

If Caliborns solo mission was pool themed what other themes are there?
Mahjong themed leprechauns?

Something something time travel something something determinism.

Solo session is always pool, as a normal session is always chess.

reminder that Karkat is canonically the hottest character

of course not, please dont. And definitely dont insult them
but rate honestly if you really dont want something to win

I miss Andrew Hussie

What games would make interesting sessions? I'd like to see one focused on battleship, clue, or magic.

>Oh god. Not this again
>Yeah I'm a pantsy or something for not getting the humor behind this. The irony or joke or whatever the fuck.
>But I still find it absolutely disgusting and revolting. Homophobic John is a thing, if anything, clueless John is far better. This is just insulting for the sake of it.

Excellent

Homestuck had motifs about computer science, games, and children's stories. Pool was a game.

>I'm sort of bummed 'violently homophobic john' picked up steam instead of the far superior 'overtly xenophobic jade'
Why not both though

Dodgeball

>no good Homestuck mods for civ v

Looks like the davekat janitor is in these threads again.

Why would you link to the reddit thread instead of posting the comic?

Jade's a breeder, not a bleeder.

It's implied that only players get to inhabit dreambubbles, yet we've seen Nanna(who could maybe count as a player but I doubt it), Jaspers, Seppucrow, and various lusii all prototyped. This means one of three things: they are drawing from an afterlife beyond the dreambubbles, they bring their souls back into being somehow, or Sburb is really good at creating authentic representations of their personalities (seeing as Nanna, Jaspers, and the lusii all had the same memories and feelings as when they were alive). There is some precedent for that third option when you consider the Harlequinsprite from Act 1.

>no good mods for civ v

fixed

Because I'm linking it for the reactions

Why stuff from an intermission grow to encapsulate the whole plot? And while we're at it, why did trolls become so fucking important?

I miss toby fox

What a stud.

Well you're not wrong about that.

Remember when she got pranked too hard?

>jake
>gay
>dave
>not with jade
>dirk
>not dead
rtfc

Jake's not gay, he's just a doormat.

So do leprechauns exist outside of solo sessions?

what was this?

>Jake and Dirk
>not playing soccer

Brain ghost dirk gave him a boner.

This is my fetish.

ROSE ANGRY

ROSE WANT CHILDREN

Why does this look like it was drawn by a brony

So, I've been thinking about Sburb a lot lately. Specifically on how to go about adapting it into a real game. It's actually a really interesting subject.

One thing that I've come to realize is that Sburb is one of the few instances where a tabletop RPG would actually do far, far worse than a videogame. So much of the magic of Sburb comes from the fact that the players spend a lot of time separated, following their own quests while staying in communication via chat clients.

Of course, that could be worked around by abstracting the gameplay a bit. Make it more of a "kid manager" than a straight up RPG, maybe fluff it so that the players are really playing the Exiles or something. Might even make a neat board game.

That said, videogames still have a huge, huge advantage when it comes to procedurally generating content, which a real Sburb game would thrive on. Generating a unique landscape for each player wouldn't be too hard, and would make the game have crazy replay value.

Sadly, such a game would almost certainly be too much work for a fan group, and it's unlikely that Hussie would even care to attempt it. I mean maybe if we kidnapped Tarn Adams and forced him to work on it...

Link to a post about this comic on reddit.

Highly doubtful.

It's also presumably impossible to be a master class player of any aspect other than Space or Time, since their sessions are solo and those two aspects are required for a session to happen.

>>dave
>>not with jade

D E N I A L
E
N
I
A
L

I've been thinking about this recently, and I've come to the conclusion that Homestuck is a story about jokes becoming serious. In the beginning of the story, there are all these harlequins and ridiculous items around the house that nobody thinks could ever be significant to the main plotline - but eventually they create the form for all of the enemies. The trolls seemed to be a satire of modern internet culture, but then they (in general) developed into fully fleshed characters. With the intermission, It started off as a meta joke as it's funny to see a character in a comic visiting the website that the comic is actually hosted on. Almost every plotline and character fits this theme.

make hot pocket

Rose: make a Hot Pocket.

Everyone is in denial for not realizing that no ship was canon (except rose & kanaya) and Hussie was just baiting people

DO NOT SHAME BREEDERS

there's a difference between giving someone a boner the normal way and using your fake brain ghost powers to will a fake brain ghost boner into existence

Well if leprechauns are capable of reproduction then it's possible. But that would mean that somebody played a solo session and then their leprechauns ended up reproducing somewhere. I doubt the Felt ever had children, but maybe if they somehow ended up in Universe C.

Janitor shut the fuck up

Dirk is the Felts' child
They had a terrible orgy

Soccer is gay as hell but Jake is straight. He's also a pussy.

>redditors browsing these threads along with tumblr
>literally the worst janitor on Sup Forums posting and fervently trying to support davekat

Can it get any worse

People were talking about a Jane miscarriage picture in the last thread. Does anyone have it?

www.mspaintadventures.com

Who's down for some rule 63? Don't tell tumblr.

>LETTING THE HOMO BREED
HES GOING TO GIVE THE CHILDREN HIS GAY GENE

what a babe
someone put her in the page god tier

I think that the personal nature of each quest and the fact that you're supposed to be able to slap any two items together to make something new lends it to only something like a tabletop.

On the other hand, the fact that the players have to be separated so much really hurts it as a tabletop, and the management of resources such as grist and boondollars that often get into really big numbers are better left for computers to deal with.

It would also be extremely difficult to properly implement the Time aspect regardless of format.

Basically Sburb would work best as a video game but not one that would ever get made. I think the most realistic way to play Sburb may be to do a tabletop, but instead of actually playing it like a tabletop traditionally is, to play it online and largely handled between the GM and each individual player, with overlap when necessary and communication between players handled by a chat client, instead of holding sessions where everyone has to be present.

But Rufioh has more people macking on him than Karkat.

>Karkat even gets kucked in his own biased chart

Nice!

john: are you...
john: are you gay now?

post your favorite quotes

>H1 J0HN
Everytime

Except no one cares about the dancestors.

The only way to improve Jake.

>blood and void
???

it wouldve been great

I'm gonna tell tumblr RIGHT NOW

>X
this is some high-end dialog

>And in the end, it did

I really liked that rose dress variant you did, but I can't find it on you blog anymore?

Where's the male neps? It's late night hst, time to bring in the gay.

>J0HN
RTFC

>no one cares
>puts Porrim, Cronus and Meenah on the chart
:^)

i'll finish this in the morning

Don't forget her girlfriend.

What would you prototype into a kernelsprite?

Are the late night threads gay, or european?

How tsundere can you be?

He is naked

unf

i like what they were going for man those lazy lines are too much

which one?

fuck yea
theres going to be latula too yeah?

Rose and Roxy

The Homestuck adventure game sure looks good guys :)

FemKat is 100% pure, distilled, Rie-Kugamiya voiced tsundere

The one before rosemary was confirmed with like tassels?

I could really get used to this one.

>femDirk all alone on her apartment in the middle of the ocean building robots
>femDirk
>femAR
>holy shit female autoresponder my dick M Y D I C K

how would she react to being eaten out?

oh!
i was really hoping huss would make the rest of her dress like this
the cosplay alone wouldve been great, plus we would have gotten an influx of flapper rose art

I wasn't the one who made it, it was on the last thread dumbnuts

Christ, fuck, dude
I wasn't prepared for that