AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Information Round-Up

>Directed by Joe & Anthony Russo ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Cinematography by Trent Opaloch ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Score by Alan Silvestri ("The Avengers").

>Jon Favreau ("Iron Man") and James Gunn ("Guardians of the Galaxy") as executive producers and creative consultants.

>Plot centers on the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy joining forces to prevent Thanos from assembling the Infinity Stones to conquer the Universe.

>Featured characters include Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot, Mantis, Nebula, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Wong, Valkyrie, Loki, the Collector, the Black Order and Thanos, among others.

>Peter Dinklage has been cast in an undisclosed pivotal role in the movie.

>Reported budget of roughly $500 million.

>Release date May 4, 2018.

>Standalone movie that also leads to the sequel slated for May 3, 2019.

>Set one year after CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. The Avengers are fractured and have gone separated ways. Steve Rogers has abandoned the identity of Captain America and is searching for his place in the world, while Tony Stark has isolated himself from the world and is obsessively preparing Earth's defenses against Thanos. The movie revolves around them putting their differences aside and rebuilding the Avengers.

>Set four years after GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. The team is older and more experienced, and they don't get along with the Avengers at first. They'll be supporting characters and mostly provide comic relief. Groot will have reached adulthood.

>The two groups come together when Thanos deploys his army to retrieve the Infinity Stones scattered throughout the cosmos. They are led by the Black Order, a cabal of cybernetically-enhanced intergalactic assassins led by Corvus Glaive (Terry Notary).

>Thanos is enamorated by the embodiment of Death and plans to use the Infinity Stones to rebuild the universe in her honor. He can be viewed as the main character of the movie.

>Thor, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Nebula and Loki will have major roles in the movie alongside Rogers and Stark. Thor is hellbent on stopping Thanos after the events of THOR: RAGNAROK; Scarlet Witch has "personal stakes" in the mission and is the only one powerful enough to challenge Thanos; Winter Soldier will be seeking redemption and undergo a "heroic transformation"; Nebula will keep seeking revenge against Thanos; and Loki will be acting as Thanos' advisor in the war while pursuing an agenda of his own.

>The movie will be built upon character interactions. Notable ones include Rogers and Stark's strained friendship; Stark's friendships with Doctor Strange and Spider-Man; Rogers' friendships with Winter Soldier and Black Widow; and the romances between Black Widow & Hulk and Scarlet Witch & Vision, plus the interactions between the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

>Yondu Udonta, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Secretary Thaddeus Ross and Betty Ross are rumored to make appearances in the movie.

>Numerous alien worlds and environments will be featured in the movie.

>There'll be scenes featuring Wakanda.

>Scarlet Witch and Vision filmed scenes where they are attacked by Corvus Glaive and his mistress Proxima Midnight, sent to retrieve the Mind Stone, during a romantic meeting in Scotland . They also filmed scenes featuring the Vision in human form and without the Mind Stone.

>Thor, Valkyrie, Iron Man, Nick Fury and Rocket filmed scenes in Asgard, namely at the temple featured in Thor's vision from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

>Iron Man, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Hawkeye and Falcon, among others, filmed scenes in an alien wasteland similar to the one from Stark's vision in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

>>Directed by Joe & Anthony Russo ("Captain America: Civil War").
>>Written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely ("Captain America: Civil War").
>>Cinematography by Trent Opaloch ("Captain America: Civil War").

i can't wait!

fucccccccccccccc

>Tony Stark has isolated himself from the world and is obsessively preparing Earth's defenses against Thanos.

You fucked up already. Stark has no way of knowing if ur implying the movie starts with him prepping

>Yondu
Not likely
;^)

>Iron Man, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Hawkeye and Falcon, among others, filmed scenes in an alien wasteland similar to the one from Stark's vision in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

Sauce on this?

>Winter Soldier will be seeking redemption and undergo a "heroic transformation"
Fuck, perfect husbando with big tits confirmed dead?

Keep up faggot, we knew he was getting blue'd up and on set since February. he was taking pics with his infinity war cap and they made him cover it ( something they didnt do with any of the other actors flaunting it)

Stark has been obsessed with the notion of another alien invasion since "Age of Ultron". That's the reason he created Ultron.

>Cinematography by Trent Opaloch ("Captain America: Civil War").
>Civil War
>""Cinematography""

God damn it. Bucky Cap. Buck Cap is a pale shadow of the original with a dumb costume

>Thanos can be viewed as the main character of the movie.

This could actually be pretty interesting

OH FUCK PETE DINKLE

>Thor, Valkyrie, Iron Man, Nick Fury and Rocket filmed scenes in Asgard, namely at the temple featured in Thor's vision from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

ive been keeping up with news of this film and Jackson wasnt spotted at that church/museum where they were filming with the rocket stand in. Sauce on this info? the girl who played valkyrie yes was spotted.

Also Downey, holland and pratt were on that alien wasteland yes, we saw that behind the scenes footage....but renner and mackie werent reported spotted there. at least not around that time. source on that as well please

Worthless response. again, stark has no way of knowing Thanos exists, much less "obsessively" preparing against him.

Could just be a red herring desu

post pic

>stark learned from his mistakes
>doing it again

No, russos are better than that. Im not buying him suddenly going autismo again out of the blue

its real my dad works for kfc and confirmed it

>capeshits: capeshit war
plebertanement

many many months before guardians even came out? that would be pointless. Especially early morning make up just for kicks? naw
keep up

>Capeshit 45: Same Old Shit
Aren't you manchildren bored of this yet?
>Captain Murica fights someone
Holy fuck wow didn't see that

See He's showing up. But his death won't be reversed, so it's either dream or brief Gauntlet-induced ressurrection.

maybe you should have checked thread before posting this

also lel at deleting your comment faggot

>Scarlet Witch and Vision are going to be a couple
Wat

dream sequence/flashback/time stone shenanigans/ soul stone Resurrection/ final fight/ mind warp bullshit

literally anything other than some secret conspiracy to throw ppl off months before another filler movie comes out

Movies are just for fun. Relax.

>Alan Silvestri
His music will probably be the only thing that will be above great in this movie. Jesus, even his music for utterly shit flicks is above what it should be. I'll look forward to the score at the very least

This user knows whats up. The man has been a blessing ever since Back to the Future.

Honestly, it doesn't sound too unplausible, given the fact that the last time one of these kinds of threads 'leaked' TFA with everyone searching for Luke and using/ trying to give him back his lightsaber it turned out to be disappointingly true

That's what happened in the comics too. He even knocks her up, because magic.

But then she loses the babies and magics so hard all the mutants die, except for a handful of X-Men.

I guess it just seems weird. The actress for Scarlet Witch looks in her mid twenties and Paul Bettany is 45

This is all way too complicated can they simple it down some? I mean shit I just wanna watch people fly around and blow things up

Stark doesn't learn. That's the point.

>tfw the music for Mousehunt has more memorable themes and depth than any capeshit related music released this decade
>fucking Mousehunt
He's underrated as fuck. He's easily near John Williams tier but no one knows him well enough to acknowledge it.

Dinklage as MODOK?

also, 500m budget? That's ducking insane

>civil war
>civil war
>cinematographer: civil war

Ugh blue and grey avengers can't wait

I once thought the bubble would burst

But I see now, it's simply deflating...

Either that or Pip the Troll

Wonder how similar this will be to Infinity gauntlet.Thanos gets rejected by death and creates his own waifu. I hope here Cap or Wanda kills him off.

its interesting because at this point, the guardians have been together for 5 years NOT fractured and broken up, but onstantly fighting alien threats

they seem like they would be way more experienced and i hope they are not just brushed off so we get cap and tony saves the day

What's the sauce for all of this? Inb4 OP's own ass

All I ask for is at the end when they are fighting Thanos, Adam Warlock starts calling in backup heroes to help and you see like all the TV heroes come for a cameo. Bonus points if Marvel works out a deal with the devil and has the OG X-men actors make a cameo, along wit the Fantastic Four from the Jessica Alba era and end it with the man that really started this capeshit renaissance, Blade showing up. Would be nice if every relevant Marvel hero squad from the last 20 years makes a cameo. I'd cry.

That's hype agit-prop undoubtedly

i think it might be because they're working on part 2 at the same time

I'd settle for just Wesley Snipes as Blade.

Was about to post this. A giant Peter DInklage head floating around in a death chair would be both hilarious and frightening.

>Betty Ross

I remember someone said they didn't have the rights for She-Hulk, could the possibly have the rights for Betty Rulk?

I can't imagine much need for them to include a character with such name weight if she didn't have some future use.

>>Thanos is enamorated by the embodiment of Death and plans to use the Infinity Stones to rebuild the universe in her honor. He can be viewed as the main character of the movie.

This is great. If he really is the MC of this movie it will truly be kino.

How weak will they make Thanos to be Avengers level? Because they can't show the big guys like Galactus.

That would be pretty dumb though. They are already spending 500 mill

>Scarlet Witch has "personal stakes" in the mission and is the only one powerful enough to challenge ThanoS

lolwut

she wasn't even close to being the most powerful avenger, let alone powerful enough to challenge thanos

how would this happen without a major asspull power boost?

sorry user warlocks not showing up until gotg v3 sadface

All I want is for Jessica Jones to show her naked ass.

>Featured characters include Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot, Mantis, Nebula, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Wong, Valkyrie, Loki, the Collector, the Black Order and Thanos, among others

She will unlock her potential with the power of love.

It'll prob be explained poorly but she's super powerful in the comics

Maybe some help from strange and vision?

They're using the fucking Black Order in this? Okay sure

another year later

she is a reality warper, i know she hasnt been shown as strong but shes been training

personal stakes i guess are obviously vision get fucked up by corvus and proxima

But will it be as good as Justice League?

>the Black Order

What? the guys from the Infinity arc?

If they don't put the goddammit Adam fucking Warlock in the second I swear for god I will be triggered

Thoughts on them using the black ordeR?

The black order is so recent, not even 2 years old, do you guys think they were created so thanos could have some solid henchmen for the MCU?

I remember at the time reading the event I thought it was strange that thanos had this cult with 5 names cronies, it felt like he was a videogame boss or something.

Well in Civil War she fights the MCU version of Superman aka Vision to a standstill

They need to end this shit soon.

Character fatigue.

Where does Adam Warlock fit into all of this. I though we might get something more about him after GoG 2.

Will they cast a Transsexual?

probably just as strong/durable as MCU hulk, but a better fighter with lots of powers on top of that

Feels very One Piece

If they plan on continuing this shit they need to lower the scope. Go back to singles movies and 1 team event every 2-3 years

probably be in IW 2 if hes not in this one

>Supergiant

God comics are fucking stupid, thats the best they could think up?

Fucking surprising, specifically for the reasons you listed. I wonder if they're going to job super hard like in the comics? I remember them getting fucked up pretty quickly.

The entire arc was like a thing the MCU could recreate.

>500 million
How much of that is left for the film after salaries?

This is going to be used to get rid of at least some. If they don't die, I would bet at the very least Steve Rogers, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk are leaving, they can't keep giving them 30 percent of the movies budget

of course, thats their plan, they will go back to solo (with cameo) movies with smaller teamup movies which will lead up to a new big even in 10years or so.

I am thinking they will set up cancerverse. They can bring older hereos back whose actors wanna come back as enemies, which is always a easy plus for the studio as they can make them fight eachother. Plus they will likely set up more space shit now with gotg post IW.

Nova and Warlock will be ready for cancerverse too, they will have 10 years

The Russos nerfed the fuck out of Vision. Vision was so OP that they could barely make him relevant to the plot. He deserved better. Paul deserved better.

Thank Christ they got Silvestri back. Brian Tyler's shit is so generic it hurts.

100 bucks
we'll get the same cgi from civil war

Personally, I think they fucked up Civil War. Civil War should have been the driving arc after Thanos and be the result after heroes get too big. Civil War should not have been one stand alone movie.

Salaries are included in that.

A nice, comfy MCU thread. It's been ages, lads.

How many a list total in it? They all demand at least 20 million each. Add that up. We'll have a rough idea.

Read the question again. Are you ESL?

Blame Joss for making him godlike in a movie where an unstoppable force gets beaten by a big robot. Also blame Joss for creating a villain who's threatening for one scene then runs away or eats shit in every scene he's in afterwards.
Fuck Joss

One problem with CW was that in the comics, it was shit sure, but its was very public in the 616 universe.

They publics opinion and especially the location of the final fight was a big factor in how it went down and ended.

The final clash in the MCU is at a deserted airport. We know from spidermans friend that hes just hte guy from youtube, not that hes part of the avengers so we can assume no leaked tapes got out of the airport fight.

The fat kid only askes if he knew cap after peter said tony stark made the suit.

The captain america was fighting against Batman and Superman in that time, they needed the CIVIL WAR tittle.

I agree, marvel seems to fuck up the crux of their phases, accidentally glossing over them, luckily the individual movies aren't so bad it completely derails the universe

Taking massive arcs and demoting them to one 2 hour movies seems like you are killing the goose laying the gold egg. I mean fuck they are even combining Ragnarok and Planet Hulk into one fucking movie. Planet Hulk and World War Hulk could have easily been the entire basis of an entire phase.

>Peter Dinklage has been cast in an undisclosed pivotal role in the movie.

There are better choices for Adam Warlock

I didn't mind Joss making him godlike. But for God's fucking sake, if you're going to do that, at least make it useful to the plot. The Russos fucking wasted it.

HOYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

LET'S FUCKING GO!!!!!

>Taking massive arcs and demoting them to one 2 hour movies seems like you are killing the goose laying the gold egg.
Who the fuck wants to watch a trilogy about collateral damage and governmental oversight?

Fair enough. Maybe the MCU wants to mimic comics as closely as possible and have no discussion between creators when properties and storylines change hands

He is pip the troll
Warlock isn't a minime

>movies where heroes are trying to do their heroic thing as they are chased and preyed upon by shield

could be interesting.

The power of feminism

DC fans.

And so it begins. The endless speculation.