Google

Google

Google

MOBILE DEVICES

Like always: jews

Fuck off, /r9k/uck-reject.

>near-impossible to discover new channels
>trending tab is just clips of panel shows
>algorithm keeps recommending the same videos over and over, even stuff you've seen
>retarded decisions (YouTube Heroes)
>sucks up to TV stations and celebrities, when they're supposed to be its competition
>wants to be Netflix
>has no spine and cowers to any controversy, at the expense of its creators and userbase
>doesn't tell companies that break Fair Use to fuck off (i.e. Nintendo)

>today you learned that YouTube was originally going to be a dating app a la snapchat mixed with okcupid with people submitting videos there to advertise themselves to other singles in their area

>>doesn't tell companies that break Fair Use to fuck off (i.e. Nintendo)
Fuck off, you don't own the games. The people who fucking own the games should have a say as to who and who can't make money off of their shit.

That's not how it works.

youtube.com/watch?v=-_CSo1gOd48

What did they mean by this?

You will not have it both ways.

Jenny isn't my wife, that's what's wrong.

FUCKING NORMIES

It went to shit after they tried to merge it with Google plus. They made a lot of changes that ruined everything. Remember when you used to have an inbox? Remember when you couldn't make unlimited channels to troll the comment section? They kept changing and changing the interface until they broke it. The recomended tab is useless, the video recommendations are either promoted or the entire channel of the video you're watching, trending tab is basically late night shows and sports. Then you tubers started the drama cancer, every channel wanted to be a current event news channel, channels about tech talking about the latest gossip/drama, channels about gaming talking about the latest gossip/drama. It got flooded with crap people just wanting to make money pumping horrible content day after day. And Google kept screwing the interface mote and more until you just can't stand being 10 minutes in the dame website. Its officially dead desu.

>Its officially dead desu.
Unironically for you.

tumblrfrog

It became public access television instead of the MTV of the future

PEPY

No more star ratings.

youtube was always 99% poop you underage faggot

roasties will be roasties

The one function I seriously miss is that tab which allowed you to see the liked and favorite videos of the channels you subscribed to. It was such a good way of finding new content, especially because a lot of the videos that showed up on the feed had no title I would usually search for and some were even in foreign languages.
I still don't know why YouTube removed that. They're all for community engagement and mingling, but decided to end the best function the site had to that end.

youtube.com/watch?v=s2VG53RIJ50

Normies and children are the ones who changed the profile of youtube. The whole internet really

Why does Sup Forums whine about literally everything?

I learned a lot from youtube and find it very useful. Maybe you should stop watching Trump meme videos and weebshit so you won't get that crap in recommended. Fucking faggots I swear.

>Babs' will never take a bite out of your balls
;_;

Localization.

jews

What?

it's not Babs you faceblind autist

They cater results based on your geographic location.

You have to go out of your way to watch the most viewed or most engaged video in, say, Japan or Russia.

Every result is too specific and there's no real "Worldwide" search result anymore.

You can still tweak the ui with css and use ublock for the ads so it's tolerable.
I just avoid Google's recommendations and the trending page cancer.

Babs as is "a babe"

alright, that kind of makes sense from a commercial perspective as ads are extremely localized too.

Hosting millions of videos is expensive so they need to make money out of it, and to make money they need to make the whole thing less fun and more hygienic.

The solution would be for a billionaire sugar daddy to just fund sites like youtube, Sup Forums and reddit from his own deep pockets. Bill Gates could have done this but he is too busy donating money to Indians.

Whatever happened to her?

apple made the iphone which made the internet uploading video pictures and movies so easy that any idiot could use it, which happened, thereby giving advertisers who normally have nothing to do with computer/video/music/photography a reason to enter the media.

It's been a crapfest ever since, but hey, if you remember flash sites with endless popups were also shit and everything was always shit.

Truth is, life has become so good that your job is not to create or seek good stuff, it's to filter out all the crap in this world oversaturated content.

Monetization