I want to learn French. What's the best way to do so without schooling?

I want to learn French. What's the best way to do so without schooling?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFw_cWg9U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Duolingo

Join the French foreign legion. I guarantee you it will be an effective way.

Isn't duolingo a poor way to learn a language?

I wouldn't qualify because of health reasons

>health reasons

Close, I'm actually paralyzed from the waist down.

Peppa Cochon

Excuse me for my careless behavior
Have a good day and god bless America

Can you feel your benis?

Use anki to learn words and google some basic tutorial book. Duolingo is pretty bad but it's better than nothing. Clozemaster is pretty great

Duolingo.

Learn true friends, false friends.

Learn tenses and start doing something you enjoy in that language reading, movies or series.

There is also courses like pimsleur..

It's good for beginning

Duolingo/Lingvist/Anki/Cosmpolite French/HelloTalk/Assimil/A good grammar book

Assimil. A course created by the French for people to learn French.

Really great dialogue and the audio is clear.

Duolingo is meant to get your feet wet. You won't become fluent from it but after finishing your tree you will have a decent basic set of vocabulary to work with.

No worries friend
*hugs you*
Nope
Thanks senpai

you don't need legs to pull the trigger c'mon

live in france for 3 month

Where in France would one live if one wanted to move there? I heard parisians were awful.

that is a Canadian

Immersion is not the Holy Grail of language acquisition, especially if it's just for such a short period of time during the absolute beginner stage.

I can be a downright harmful and frustrating experience actually.

Unironically /fr/

How do I even begin to speak on /fr/, frenchanon?

I'm too scared that I'll be treated like a retard because I dont really know all that much french, but I want to learn.

Just lurk while you study somewhere else, then ask questions when you feel you can make actual sentences. A lot of people will mock you but a few will help. We actually like it when foreigners learn our language.
t. French

Listen to this a hundred times and you will be fluent in baguette in no time
youtube.com/watch?v=L_hFw_cWg9U

/fr/ would be a good idea but not now, wait a few month till the amerimutt meme passes

Thanks friends, maybe when I get out of elementary french I'll stop by.

As on every fucking board, you lurk until you somehow understand the spirit of the place.
Only retards would shit on someone obviously trying his best to communicate in another language

Good luck.

Un livre, mon copain.

Why are french songs for children so unbelievably cruel?

Buy highschool textbooks, watch French videos on Youtube, turn subtitles on, read French books, etc.

After one semester of french I can read about half of /fr/. That's literally three months of half assing and I can read basic children stories and some of the newspaper. Just try it.

This.

I learnt French in 11th and 12th grade (6h per week), and I can understand 90% of French Wikipedia articles, Youtube comments, etc.

>I want to learn French. What's the best way to do so without schooling?
Just suck a lot of cock and people will think you're a fluent frenchmen

>Isn't duolingo a poor way to learn a language?
No, it's fantastic. But don't make it the only thing you do. You will need to work on pronunciation a lot (french phonology is a little weird at first). Also, read a lot of shit when you actually have some grammar down. French is fantastic for English speakers to read because once you get the grammar down, the cognates make it easy a lot of the time.

I also use tons of mnemonics to remember stuff that seems arbitrary to me. Learn some good mnemonic techniques and you will thank yourself later. Bonne chance!

we usually are helpful on /fr/ with people learning french
don't know if that's still the case these times though