Damn dirty apes

So this movie is shaping up to be rather unsubtle. The apes are so numerous now that they threaten to naturally push humans aside. Achieving dominance without the need for war.

One last group of humans intend to fight before it's too late, their defeat meaning the planet will now belong to the apes and human history will come to an end. And among them are even "uncle Tom" apes fighting alongside the humans to the chagrin of other apes.

Any other westerners getting a little unsettled seeing the dramatization of the end days?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=heNO3LgSd_8
reuters.com/article/us-blackout-newyork-idUSTRE80Q07G20120127
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

theres a new one coming out? rise of the planet of the apes was kino, dawn was shit

I mean, they've made it fairly clear this was to be a trilogy

And I actually think this last one looks to be the most interesting one, the other two I just watched because I had the time and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. But this last one looks to be a proper grand finale

youtube.com/watch?v=heNO3LgSd_8

Rustled!

whitebois BTFO

It's true, and the worst thing is we let it happen, we fucking cucked ourselves out of history. Our only redemption will be if we launch all the nukes in one last act of defiance.

Never seen the new planet of the apes movies, how the fuck do the apes get to this point? I know that there's a virus that kills a few million humans while making the apes smarter, but how in the fuck did they become more powerful than humanity while riding horseback with fucking bows?

It's hinted that civil wars fucked up what's left of humanity, it doesn't really hold up though given most of the human population were dead anyway, not many to fight one another and theres no hint of much of a nuclear war, at least not enough to have a wide range effect on the environment, that's one of the sticklers, there is no significant environmental damage so there doesn't seem to be any reason for humans not to just start thriving, there are entire continents with probably millions of immune people with abundant resources yet we are to believe humans are basically completely fucked.

They didn't just kill a few million, it killed 99.8%

It's basically Fallout 4 now but with a plague causing the destruction of civilization, and evolved apes instead of super mutants

Wow this is actually not false

wouldn't they be just contained to the US though?
or at least to the americas?

They answered that by showing a pilot being among the first infected in the first movie

The first man to get infected went directly to an international airport.

sorry, I meant the apes. I knew that the virus spread

Dude, they were only like 13% of the total population of NA. In Africa there are Billions of them.

Damn dirty niggers

my point is, Caesar is the original intelligent ape, he made the other apes intelligent with that gas shit and they went innawoods and whatever

europe doesn't have native monkeys and even if they did they would just be dumb animals

99.8% of the population is a lot but I'm pretty sure it would not mean the end

Well it hasn't been the end yet, in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes it shows they are basically at the same level at this point, but the apes have the advantage now that humans don't have modern comforts and easy access to modern technology

The second movie showed that they had no electricity, which makes sense, lack of manpower means no one to mine for fuel or maintain power plants, a lot of the plot in the second movie is about the humans working to get the hydro damn functioning again and bringing electricity back, which causes fear among the apes as this would put humans in an advantage again, and they kill a lot of the humans in that particular settlement

In the upcoming movie it looks like the military base is perhaps one of the last strongholds of humanity, with technology and weaponry that threatens ape dominance

>gasing them makes them smarter

So THAT'S how (((they))) ended up controlling everythng. Makes sense.

>last strongholds of humanity
again, in the US maybe
I mean even if humans lose all modern comfort, I don't believe for a second they wouldn't form small self serving communities.
You have a lot more space now anyway

Well they do form communities, the second movie showed this, I'm sure that the Eurasian continent has plenty of human factions surviving, but it also spreads to make apes smarter, so if it spread to the apes in Africa and Asia then the humans there are even more screwed than in North America

But point is only a few humans still have some semblance to a modern way of life, the military base has containers of fuel to power their transports and the electricity in their base, and they have the weapons to defend themselves, something the other human communities don't have since so many people died that people stopped making new things and maintain things

>fallout 4
Because previous fallouts had no supermutants and humanity was thriving, right?

DUDE
NIGGERS
LMAO

Probably someone no older than 15

>Fallout 4
Pretty sure all Fallouts were like that, but of course a 13 year old normalfag like you would only cite the worst and most barebones one.

>man humans are dying out and Apes are taking over
>oooh lets go to war with the last 200 humans we have left that should work!

excuse me but what?

since the apes are clearly intelligent shouldnt they just try to work out some sort of peace bargain or something? divy up the planet with humanworld and apeworld?

this is such fucking bullshit. If you are on your last legs the LAST thing you should do is go looking for a fight. Im tired of this BUT DEY ARE JUST DUMB APES!!! excuse too because theyve been shown to be smart to the point of LITERALLY understanding and being able to speak english and they only reasons humans dont respect animals NOW is because theyre mentally inferior not because we are specist or something.

It's so subtle right?

It's not the last 200 humans, but it's the last humans that could realistically defeat the apes before it's too late

It was already shown in the last movie what will happen to the humans without military tech trying to coexist, they got massacred because you can't rely on every ape to be peaceful

I understand fully why the humans are going for a last stand, it's either make a last ditch attempt to come out on top or accept defeat

Saying they should coexist and just let the apes take is from the same cloth as the people who walk around with "welcome refugees" banners

how is it niggers though?

dont hispanics outnumber blacks in the US?

As if hispanics aren't just niggers speaking spanish

>worst
That's FO3, pal.

Fallout 4 is definitely worse, at least in Fallout 3 you weren't fleeing from NPCs trying to give you more radiant quests, and the content wasn't 30% settlement building bullshit

why not just leave the mainland where all the apes are located then?

theres no way small islands like Japan or w/e are infested by the mainland apes

also

>welcome refugee banners

except those people are being willingly invited in and the people doing it actually want it to happen apparently

>why not just leave the mainland where all the apes are located then?

Wouldn't that be admitting defeat though? Better to try and win when there's a chance and run away if you lose than to accept defeat and flee to a temporary sanctuary

>doing this "muh pride" shit when extinction is on the line

are you actually retarded?

Fallout 4 was worse than 3. 3 isn't great in anyway but at least it had a decent opening, better gameplay and didn't have settlement BS. The only thing 4 has over it was better companions

FO4 had much more refined gameplay, more stylish graphics, and overall more polish. And you can skip the radiant quests and settlement building altogether. Although, I don't know why you'd even complain about the settlement building's inclusion, as both it and a crafting system lend themselves well to a post-apocalyptic setting. There's a reason why settlement building mods are so popular for FO3 and NV; they simply decided to add a highly requested feature.

And while FO4 had plot holes and world inconsistencies, FO3 had nonsense world building and plot canyons. You really can't skip the narrative elements of a game, just ignore it at best. And despite the retarded dialogue system in FO4, you have more agency in the main quest than you did in FO3. Neither game handles morality well, but FO4 at least tried to insert some moral ambiguity.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they announced a planet of the apes remake after this one.

I'd watch it too.

.2% of humanity still vastly outnumbers the other great apes or populations they could breed to in a few generations

It isn't about pride, it's about making a stand while it's still possible, better to have your Waterloo than stay on Elba and end thing in silence

>muh fight against th dying of the light

why would you choose to die face first in the dirt fighting a war against a enemy you didnt have to instead of relishing in what little time you have left, try to rediscover family and friendship then go peacefully

I'd rather sit around campfires laughing and bonding with people than going on suicide operations to kill some monkeys who aren't even responsible for the death of humanity.

there are an estimated 500,000 great apes alive in the wild
zoo populations won't had a huge chunk onto this

0.2% of 7 billion is 14 million

14 million human survivors vs 500k smart apes living like cavemen

hmmm yeah, we're really fucked

That's of course only those killed by the virus. There's also those killed during the fight for resources

It isn't exactly stated how many survivors there are, but few enough for the survivors in the San Francisco Bay Area to be outnumbered by the neighboring ape colony

(((we)))

It's a pretty fucking stupid movie series, user. You are meant to root for the villains.

see
even with mass infighting in humans (don't understand why this would need to occur desu since there would be more than enough resources) humans would still have a staggering numerical advantage.

Not sure if I'll be surprised when there's a scene in the new movie showing a cult worshiping a nuclear warhead

Well you're not alone, there are probably several human settlements by the time of the third movie, but it seems like the plot will revolve around the military base that is taking up one last stand for humanity

Personally I would rather fight if I thought there was a chance, better than to lose everything while not trying

>(don't understand why this would need to occur desu since there would be more than enough resources)

You obviously don't understand how much modern society rely on sheer manpower. Your food doesn't come from nowhere, it isn't transported by no one, it isn't sold by anyone.

Once nearly all of humanity dies out resources will start to dry out really quickly. The power will go out since there are no one to gather, process, refine, and transport fuel. Factories will shut down as there are no power and no workers, and worst of all is 99% of the police and military are dead, so no protection.

The virus killed a huge chunk of the population. Many more millions died because of lack of resources, survival in-fights and to other diseases.

They point out in the second movie how apes can live fine in the open while humans are weak.

>their defeat meaning the planet will now belong to the apes and human history will come to an end
Then don't fight a war, they decided to continue the war. A war that Caesar never wanted
>Any other westerners getting a little unsettled seeing the dramatization of the end days?
Seeing how many others apocalypses we have seen in movies

No
>and they kill a lot of the humans in that particular settlement
Only because of one ape who made the whole thing happened, who wanted war because he hated humans.

Because in the movies humans think that the apes caused humanity's extinction, so why would they trust the creatures that killed their friends and family?

>Only because of one ape who made the whole thing happened, who wanted war because he hated humans.

And who is to say there won't be another?

>people cant tell the difference between monkey mauling and a disease that gives you nose bleeds and causes tissue deterioration
>monkey attacks were all over the news before humanity collapsed and not HOLY SHIT THIS VIRUS IS EVERYWHERE DONT GO OUTSIDE UNLESS YOU HAVE GAS MAS*GAAACK*
>general public is stupid enough to think that a couple smart monkeys could kill 99.8% of the world

who the fuck wrote this shit? it takes like 5 seconds of critical thinking to understand that theres no way in hell the apes wiped out humanity as opposed to a viral epidemic

There probably are other, Koba probably wasn't the only ape in cesars group who was a lab rat his entire life. That is why Caesar wanted to keep the groups separated

>to the chagrin of other apes
get a load of this faggot

>Big news story about apes escaping from a zoo
>Shortly thereafter people notice a virus outbreak who originates from the area where the ape escapes
Furthermore do you know how much panic was spread when the news where all over the swine and bird flu?
>people cant tell the difference between monkey mauling and a disease that gives you nose bleeds and causes tissue deterioration
It's like you never heard of carriers

What could happen if caesar's ape colony(or another intelligent ape group) encounters a group of wild apes living in the jungle?

they would either completely destroy the retards, or let them in and slowly mix the two groups into one.

that kind of makes a bit more sense but even then it doesn't necessarily prove the apes have malicious intent

mosquitoes aren't aware that they have ebola.

Idk

Im just not seeing how in all this there arent any skeptics who are calling bullshit and just saying fuck you to the gung-ho assholes who want a (most likely) unwinnable war

wild apes would kick Caesars apes ass probably. Alot of apes would have questions on why thier own brethren are attacking them. a BETTER question is just how many speicies of apes were affected. I think baboons are terrifying and I wouldnt want any extra smart baboons running around looking for man flesh. or what about other animals that are kinda close to monkeys like Lemurs

Fuck this I just wanna see the people beneath the planet of the apes. The second one is easily my favorite, followed by the first then the fourth where all the apes are rocking those dope ass jumpsuits.

I don't want some half assed fags worshipping a bomb only as the last scene of the credits. No I want those skinless mind raping fucks in their fly robes. I need to see that shit.

The apes don't have malicious intent (well not all of them at least)

But humans don't care, as far as they know apes caused everyone to die and for everything to stop. So fear and hate is all humans will feel towards apes
>mosquitoes aren't aware that they have ebola.
And nobody likes mosquitoes, in fact humans hate them.

These new movies are pretty god damn good. Bet they will be the best new trilogy of this millennium.

not sure if I'm helping out or not, but at this point the virus or whatever is irrelevant. They're not trying to kill them to put an end to the virus. All the virus did was reduce the human population by a shitload, I don't even think it's still around. At this point, woody is starting a war to balance out the numbers

also, they're smarter and still retain all the qualities of wild chimps. They're not only smarter, they're smart enough to know that wild chimps are wild and would not be confused by them attacking them. Also, baboons are monkeys, not apes.

When the negroes were discovered they said the same about them. Look at them now, they are everywhere...

>there are now nine Planet of The Apes movies
What a time to be alive.

>, I don't even think it's still around
oh it is, Virus are already around. The humans who aren't killed by it are immune to it

And you become immune to a virus by making it a permanent part of your body.

>I don't want some half assed fags worshipping a bomb only as the last scene of the credits. No I want those skinless mind raping fucks in their fly robes. I need to see that shit.

These are their ancestors.
Still got hundreds of years.

except humans are weak and stupid without infrastructure and the 500k smart apes are like retards with retard strength that suddenly got a 70-100 point IQ bump

Why don't we fight the apes with an army of apes then? Send a team to Detroit and get an army of PCP'ed up niggers to fight in the ape wars.
We would be the jews of these wars, just sitting on the sidelines watching the carnage.

so either way, it's still irrelevant now

Are you even trying?

1/10

Not if it stops humanity from growing in numbers.

If the only people alive are the ones immune to it, you can assume their children will have a high likelihood to be immune as well, and so on until it's literally irrelevant

I don't think that's how a virus works

For example your parents probably had chickenpox which was caused by a virus, however despite being immune to it their children where not immune to chickenpox.

>except humans are weak and stupid without infrastructure
Actually the reason we have all that infrastructure is because we were strong and smart enough to build it. You just mentioning human's vast technological achievements kind of undoes your point, smart guy.

This whole trilogy is so retarded. Saw the 2nd movie in theaters and couldnt understand what the fuck they were going for or who their audience was. In the age of anything goes modern blockbusters some really weird shit is getting approved.

>what the fuck they were going for

A better version of Battle for the Planet of the Apes

The virus did not selectively choose those few humnans who are capable of building and maintaining our vast infrastructures.

The last movie made a point to show that the leaders were just average joes with no background in leading, and the smartest guy was basically on his own with a bunch of grunt labor. While 100s of humans were back in the settlement sitting on their hands and hoping it all blows over.

Ya, humans have done great shit, but as time as gone on, less and less percentages of the population are responsible for keeping it maintained and progressing further. It is not at all impossible for us to revert to the stone age if a virus wipes out 99.9 % of the population.

It's the problem with modern blockbusters: they all try to do everything and fail at doing anything well. Instead of just focusing on a few elements and getting them right, they try to include everything that makes a "blockbuster" and hope the masses don't find something to nitpick. They don't even bother to try and make great films anymore, just films that won't be hated.

Dawn was a great Planet of the Apes film

>i didn't start this war

what the fuck? he absolutely did.

So what's the timeline in this trilogy?

How the hell is Cesar still alive?

The average lifespan of a chimp is what, 20-30 years? Maybe the virus added on to that, but it still seems a little forced keeping him around for the entire destruction of humanity (in like 30 or so years? wtf?).

It relied too much on idiotic characters to move the plot. I can't stand that shit.

He's like 27

reminder that james franco killed humanity

There was only one idiot.
The rest worked with what they had.

>One study estimates that chimps live about 33 years for males, 37 years for females, in the wild,] while some captured chimps have reached an age of 70 years and older.
Caesar is like, 20.

So the apes aren't the turning point in this "war", the virus is. Movie should be called Rise of the Planet of the Virus.

I'm rooting for that Uncle Tom ape honestly.

I'm rooting for Steve Zahn

Obviously. The apes wouldn't stand a chance if humanity wasn't killed off in such large numbers. But it's a planet of the apes origin story, so what else would make sense but a virus or other mass extinction event? Either way, it still gives most of the credit to the extinction device and not the apes. Even humanity is more responsible for their own demise than the apes. Our dependence on technology and other people maintaining infrastructures for us can lead to collapse in such a scenario.

Fair enough. 20 seems a bit young though. That would mean humanity is on the verge of extinction after approx 15 years. That's just retarded.

>You just mentioning human's vast technological achievements kind of undoes your point, smart guy.
what kind of stupid reasoning is this? I love the ironic insult at the end too...too ironic for me.

reuters.com/article/us-blackout-newyork-idUSTRE80Q07G20120127
>power outage that lasted up to week in certain places, with experts probably working around the clock trying to fix it

now imagine this only globally and a million times worse and instead of experts you only have the janitor, tina from accounting, and joe who usually comes in drunk. Also expand it to more than just electricity. No medical response, no communications (no internet so that means you have to fap it the old analog way), no law enforcement...everything gets fucked and there's no way to fix it immediately or by the time the ape issue becomes unstoppable.

Is it ever explained how apes managed to organize themselves into one unified nation? Even negroes, the closest relative to humans, only have the capacity to efficiently run small gangs.

Apes are smarter.

>That would mean humanity is on the verge of extinction after approx 15 years. That's just retarded
Well no given how long it takes for man to reproduce

Just saying we aren't as stoopid and weeek as what was implied. Of course all that infrastructure can be completely fucked like anything else in this world. But we were strong and smart enough to create and build it in the first place, without what was left of an already established infrastructure. And we could rebuild if needed. It just seems like people think humans are retarded without power when we conquered the animal kingdom and moved to the top of the food chain before the light bulb was even invented.

it's cute that you keep saying "we" and then compressing all achievements as if they happened all at once and not over centuries and that they're easily fixable. Again, a power outage killed a hundred or so people and that was just a power outage with experts working on it. Remove the experts, tack on a lethal virus, expand it to all other services we take for granted and you have to be a pants on head retard to say
>we could rebuild if needed

Come on. This is just a science fiction based on an old novel. There is no correlation between humans/other-apes and whites/other-races.
R-right?