Sup guys, I don't know much about comics

Sup guys, I don't know much about comics.

My question is: just how strong is Spiderman?

Cause he can catch speeding cars, armwrestle with other superstrong guys, pull himself up with one arm so hard he flies into the air, etc etc.

Does anyone have a qualitative or quantatitive explanation of how strong he actually is?

Listen bud, he's got radioactive blood.

4 banes or more

so do i, from a radioactive medical tracer, but you dont see me lording it up

He can bench up to 15 tons

i think he is stronger than captain america.

in civil war Cap wins a tug of war with Spiderman, but it might have been an "element of surprise" thing, i dont know

The general rule is that Spidey can lift 10 tons (post-Disassembled, pre-The Other Peter could lift 15 tons; post-The Other, pre-OMD Peter could lift 20 tons; Ultimate Peter could lift 5 tons), but the writers seem to ignore that whenever they want to either make him look weak (e.g. struggling to lift a Volkswagen) or strong (e.g. lifting several tons of debris over his head).

He's canonically held up an entire skyscraper before, but the image of him holding a subway car might be more easily accessible.

He pulls his punches so as to not hurt the usually small-time crooks he fights and to make it seem like he's only got speed and agility on his side.

>character has super strength
>still gets sent flying at a million miles an hour when punched

what is "OMD", and should I bother reading it?

Spiderman is at the BULLSHIT level. If the plot demands that he should not be able to lift BULLSHIT weight he ain't doing it, but if it's the other way around and the plot needs him to lift BULLSHIT weight you an bet your ass he'll do.

In the comics at least he is
He once lifted an entire subway car, strongest thing I've ever seen him do

Well yeah, he's super strong and agile not heavy or tough

He has the proportionate strength of a spider.

Just imagine how strong a man-sized spider would be.

You realize you're an idiot, right?

One more day.

>what is muscle density?

He's strong but in terms of superstrength he's about a 7/10 at best, plenty of people are stronger

Scale being captain america a 5/10
Hulk a 10/10

He's as strong as the plot needs him to be. Putting stats and numbers on it as if he's a pro athlete is dumb

then how come he can stop speeding cars without being sent flying?

This is absolutely fucking imbecile. A Spider can lift between 8 to 12 times its weight, if this was true for Spiderman he would barely lift 1 ton.

That's After back in black he usually is in the 5-7 tons

What about a spider with radioactive spider-blood?

>parkerluck.jpg

You didn't use imbecile right

>>still gets sent flying at a million miles an hour when punched

Strength isn't mass. Anyone can pick up superman. He just has regular old human weight. That doesn't mean he can't pick up a thousand of us.

Supersticky feets.

One More Day, and fuck no. It's generally regarded by Spider-Fans (particularly Peter/MJ shippers, as it retconned away their marriage) as being the worst Spidey story since the Clone Saga.

No, he's usually 10 tons.

Spidey sits at 10 tons last I checked.
Just remember that most of his opponents are ordinary humans with no extra powers. He holds back a lot.

>What is OMD.
It's the story that erased Spidey's marriage to MJ.
It remains a sore spot in the fandom.

so explain so explain

Leverage

The beginning of the end. Also garbage. You should probably read it for the sake of history, it's a major turning point for the character in terms of story quality.

He was prepared for it. Sticky feet remember?

>in civil war Cap wins a tug of war with Spiderman
He beats a 15 year old, give Spidey 10 years and see how round 2 goes.

Didn't he rip an entire pier in half because he was pissed?

He's easily top tier, only beaten by cosmic or hulk tier bullshit strength.

He doesnt always have his feet sticking to shit but if he wants to stop a speeding car he will.

I don't have any images I can show as proof, but I'm pretty sure Spidey gets sent flying even during normal fights where he is aware that the other guy is about to deck him

how does the proportionate strength of a spider scale with the proportionate strength of an ant.

The sticking to things is something he consciously does, if he gets hit it either surprises him or he breaks it willingly so he can real back from the punch and not break his face

Egh, it's comics, baby.
Having characters job is just how things work around here.

Are there any characters who have super strength but not super resilience? Like glass cannons, who, if they got hit by another super, would just instantly die.

Im pretty fed up of the whole "hits a wall upside down leaving a crater and then shrugs it off" meme

does the "frankie" guy have super strength?

sorry if im supposed to know who he is - im an entry-level pleb atm

Jessica Jones

>Are there any characters who have super strength but not super resilience?
The two kind of go together, its pointless being able to lift 10 tons if you pulverize your body doing it.

Thats the punisher

Well there was that big in Invincible where he began to lose his powers, starting with invulnerability.
He tried to punch someone with Super Strength. It didn't go well.

The two just kinda need to go together. You you can't punch someone with something that's just going to splat and shatter at the forces involved

If a character with super strength didn't have a bit of super durablity they'd be fucking themselves up everytime they lifted heavy shit or punched really hard.
>meme
Im suck of this meme

He can lift between 10-30 tons, if situation is required he was able to lift more (around 75 tons one time)

she has some kind of damage resistance, although not as much as normal

It's piss poor though, someone of daredevils calibar could batter her pretty good, hardly able to withstand leaving craters

Not marvel but captain atom from dc is fucked if his suits torn and red tornado can't take half the abuse he deals out
Plus there's wolverine when he doesn't have the metal skeleton, although he barely has superstrength compared to most

Wasn't new 52 Captain Atom more Doc Manhattan than Superman in a silver body suit?

Not sure when it comes to new 52, only really know the classic guy, wouldn't be any harm changing him since its kind of a glaring weakness

If you shook Captain Atom's hand, would it feel like shaking the hand of a living balloon?

Probably more like a bouncing castle since he's not full of air, my question is how hot is he? I mean he is radioactive so I doubt he runs at a normal body temperature

>bouncing castle
You mean a moon bounce?

Does anyone know if superman beat pic related yet?

I think so, are you American? I'm irish and we call them bouncy castles

The Dread Dormammu?

"Most powerful being on planet earth" fucking newfag

Nah, man that's the Dread Rorkannu.

rolling with the punches, going stiff on a super punch would probably not be smart.

When a football player wants to stop an other one he lowers his center of gravity, spreads his feet out and pushes up and towards the other guy to raise HIS center of gravity so he can gain more leverage.

Getting punched is something that happens to you. Not something you can brace for and counteract.

He got his powers back you are the fucking newfag

I think that was more leverage and surprise than anything else.

And how exactly does that make him the most powerful on earth?

Cap was clearly outmatched in strenght but used superior tactics and dynamics to put Spidey out of balance.

There is absolutely nobody on Earth more powerful than Superman.

>There is absolutely nobody on Earth more powerful than Superman.
Physically at least. There are a handful heroes and villains who are overall more powerful than Supes.

Martian manhunter, captain marvel, dr fate, the spectre, the flash, firestorm just off the top of my head and thats not even naming villains

RIP Solid Frank

Captain Atom, Dr.Fate, Martian Manhunter, can certainly defeat Superman and there are others..

Nobody you have mentioned have beaten nu52 Supes and some of them don't count since they are not from Earth.

>some of them don't count since they are not from Earth
neither is Supes
the fact that they're immigrants doesn't disqualify them of being residents

>nu52 Superman

Now we have even to make these retarded distinctions?

Yes they do count since it said "ON planet earth" and the only one I named who is not from planet earth is Martian manhunter who incidentally single handedly beat the nu52 justice league including superman.

I don't know how you can argue that Captain Atom cannot beat 52 Supes.
He's literally Doctor Mahattan.
Like straight up.
Hell Morrison even gave him the Hydrogen symbol in Multiversity

Not the guy you were replying too but Supes could easily beat him with his new op solar blast ability.

He can just absorb and redirect the radiation.
He absorbed a nuke in his issue before he could even control his powers fully.

How are they retarded? Nu52 superman is clearly a different character from post and pre crisis supermen.

It's irrelevant in the current argument since he was never the most powerful before or after the nu52, everyone listed is stronger than him in both continueties

For personality yes, but for powers they should be the same thing. Maybe Post crisis Superman, after all the upgrades received until the reboot, is a bit 'stronger, even considering that Nu52 Supes has the solar flaire.

>Martian man-jobber ever being stronger than post 52 Supes

Spider-man, like Bobby Drake, is one of those character that if they got serious could be damn near unstoppable.

Yeah ... but this has always been due to his peaceful nature. When he becomes evil in the Morrison JLA, MM strikes alone the JLA and only the intervention of Plastic Man saves the day.

Superman admitted he was afraid to fight mm, said he was more powerful than him

Imbecile can be an adjective, was originally.

Man Jobber got wrekt by fucking Zod who are you kidding

That's because you're a loser.

The great moon bounce / bouncy castle / bounce house war rages eternal.

Not who you're replying to but thank you, I didn't know that

Superman got wrecked by Alfred, who are you kidding

You're going to kill the guy with absolute control over radiation... by hitting him with radiation?

Yeah, Sunspot. That was the whole gimmick behind his powerset in new Mutants.

Thanks to Power Creep, I'm pretty sure that Colossus and She-Hulk are 100-ton class now.
And Silver Surfer being placed in the same strength class as Spider-Man was laughable even back then.

Of curse not! Everyone knows Superman is an amalgamation of each one that has ever exited, Nu52 has all the powers and strength of the previous Supermen, don't you remember that time he sneezed and fucked dup the galaxy?