So I was expecting Spidey to feel written in at the last moment, because he pretty much was, but it wasn't too bad

So I was expecting Spidey to feel written in at the last moment, because he pretty much was, but it wasn't too bad.

However, how did Tony find and identify Parker as Spider-Man from a few youtube videos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cqMGa4QoqCI
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ugebzq3juE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop overthinking it

>Marvel movies the post

I thought he got those from actual cameras and Peter was just using the Youtube as an excuse

Also it's Tony, come on

Haha yeah, me too!

More like anything involving fantasy and sci fi in general

HOLY SHIT!

Civil War has some sloppy writing. I mean it's a good action movie, but there are a lot of conveniences in the plot.

so basically it's like a comic book is what you're saying.

>he was written in at the laat moment
Russos said multiple times this wasn't the case

I always thought that the idea of really smart people being unable to figure out secret identities was really unbelievable to begin with, especially in today's climate of easy information gathering and forensics knowledge. Someone with Tony's resources should be able to easily deduce Peter's identity if they were motivated to, which Tony would be if he were pushing for superhero registration.

You need more convoluted reasoning as to why nobody knows Clark Kent is Superman than you do the opposite now.

I don't think that's a good excuse for some of the things that happen in the movie.

Some of the characters act like idiots so the plot can continue.

>Some of the characters act like idiots so the plot can continue.

So...again, like a comic book?

F.R.I.D.A.Y. analysed security camera footage.

And again, I don't think that's a good excuse. This is a movie, that isn't written by comic book writers.

>A billionaire supergenius was able to find out who a masked hero was
Stop the presses

But if it wasn't in the traditional nonsense writing, the whole appeal would completely collapse upon itself.

It's a movie based on comic book super heroes. People like dumb stories, comics have dumb stories. Most people don't stop and think about every little detail, especially a movie series that is meant to boost sales on said comics and toys.

So yes, I do think it's a good excuse.

>How to be certified fresh by rotten tomatoes: the movie

I'm not talking about the plot itself, I'm talking about things in the plot that don't make sense.

If you want to have a story about superheroes fighting each other over registration, that's fine. But, the writing in the script shouldn't have nonsensical moments if people are going to say this is the best comic book movie ever.

I'm not even complaining about what OP is complaining about, that's reasonable and easily explained.

Literally no one in this thread has said this is the best comic book movie ever. People have different definitions of what is "the best" of anything.

I mean hell, people liked The Matrix trilogy and that has more plot holes than anything.

I wish the heroes would stop swearing in these movies. I know it seems like a ridiculous gripe to have considering where I'm posting this, but it just doesn't feel right. Avengers 2 even made a joke about it. Spider-Man swearing took the shine off of the apple.

>Literally no one in this thread has said this is the best comic book movie ever
I didn't say anyone in this thread did.

Then why mention it?

I mean if we really want to break down the movie, especially Spiderman in general I could easily dismantle it to the point I utterly hate it.

But it's a super hero movie, a fun one too. Stop worrying about what others think of it. No movie writing is perfect, it never is.

I was surprised they did curse, they know kids are wanting to go see this movie.

Swearing is becoming more and more lenient these days

>Then why mention it?
Because there's a world that exists outside of Sup Forums?

I don't hate the movie, I just think there's too many sloppily written moments that shouldn't be overlooked.

Most of his crime fighting activities are around his neighborhood. That's a huge scale-down making much easier for Tony to track him.

As much as i liked him in it, I felt Ant-Man was the most shoehorned in character. Of all the characters in it, he and Hawkeye felt the most like they were just there.

Eh, he felt like a plot point to me, they needed a Godzilla distraction at the airport fight.

>I am willing to excuse poor writing because MUH FAVS

Nah, it made sense. Peter's a teenage kid who's been thrust into a world he honestly has no palce in yet. He absolutely would say holy shit to something like what he saw.

Also, there was so much swearing because tensions were running high.

It's really that hard for you to assume a billionaire genius genius who makes suits that give him super human endurance, strength, flying capabilities that break the sound barrier and state of the art software and hardware that can topple anything else man AND made a new element couldn't figure out a teenager dressing up in spandex saving people?

Are you really that fucking dumb? He has all sorts of bioscanners, surveillance, he even hacked into Shield's security hub and knew about them before they even knew he did it.

Come fucking on.

Eh, Back to the Future had Marty going "Holy Shit" and that was PG.

Tony Stark can do all of this, in a world where Zemo somehow parked a van full of bombs in front of the UN building.

Tony showed an interest in Peter before obviously since he mentioned he had an idea. He obviously already knew about Peter before confronting him, duh.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you

Hawkeye was bad because Renner is getting old and looked kinda gross this go-around. Gotta replace Clint with delicious Kate.

They mention satellite facial recognition several times in the movie. There are a billion ways for them to figure out who it is behind the rumours of the mysterious spider guy.

I'm not complaining about that part.

I'm complaining about the part where Zemo somehow parked a bomb filled van in front of a UN building. In a world with super advanced technology.

no, the world doesn't have super advanced technology. Tony and Shield have super advanced technology, there's a difference.

it's Bendis tier writing. get over it.

see
You're telling me they don't have equipment to scan vehicles that are being parked right in front of a UN building?

That's right, that's exactly what im saying.

Then you're as stupid as the writing in that scene.

Renner is younger than Paul Rudd.

If by "comic books" you mean "sloppy Big Two capeshit" then you are correct.

>So I was expecting Spidey to feel written in at the last moment
Pretty much considering when the Sony e-mail leak and damage control happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=cqMGa4QoqCI

After this satellite hologram shit in IM3, how would Peter hide from Tony?

>a kid from new york swearing

That's completely unbelievable

Tony was able to build autonomous Iron Man drones which he could send into conflict areas to do clean up and peacekeeping work unsupervised. I'm sure that once he knew of Spider-Man's existence it would have required very little of his resources to send a few small, inconspicuous automated drones out to patrol the areas where he was known to show up and then track him back to his apartment.

Or he could have retrieved a sample of the webbing, reverse engineered it, and then searched for people who were buying the base components. Ignoring that he probably owns quite a few companies that produce the raw materials he's been shown to be able to effortlessly hack into highly secured government and spy databases to get what he wants so it wouldn't be too hard to get access to that information if he really wanted it.

Or he could have hired an entire army of private investigators with his massive fortune to track him down, assuming he didn't want to waste any of his AI's time working on that.

Or any of countless other methods that would be available to a billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist.

So does Tony know who Matt Murdock is? Is he aware of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage?

Daredevil works mostly at night. It might be a bit harder to find out who he is.

Bendis tier writing you say?

It added nothing to a plot and can be taken out.

>Peter's a teenage kid who's been thrust into a world he honestly has no palce in yet
He's been a superhero for 6 months.

yeah but I doubt the time of the day would hinder tony if he wanted to know DD's identity

Out of all the things you might question in the movie, it's the supergenius billionaire, who built a flying death robot and made a new element, figuring out who Spiderman is that you find strange? With the kind of technology, money and people he has at his disposal?

We don't need a scene showing Tony looking through footage and evidence making his robots analyse it and yadda yadda, we've already seen him do this in previous movies.

I'm completely fine with Tony just knowing he's Spider-man. He's a smart dude (well, not in this movie, but in general he is) so whatever. The thing that got me with Spider-man was that during the airport fight they made it seem like he was going to be very important with the conflict once he starts talking to Cap. Like, Cap is going to explain shit to him and and he's gonna realize what a retard Tony's being. But then the fight's over and he's just gone from the movie except for a shitty post-credit scene.

If I had to guess, yeah. But he specifically went after Spider-Man because of not only his abilities, but his webbing, which would be helpful in non-lethally subduing people.

Paul Rudd made some kind of deal with the devil. He seemingly hasn't aged since his Friends days.

>which would be helpful in non-lethally subduing people.
Well it wasn't.

Do they even have technology to scan vehicles that park in by the UN in the real world?

If the UN was in Wakanda or Dooms country then I would complain, but bullshit UN in bullshit Manhattan?

What exactly happened there? He had Falcon and Bucky Webbed up in the airport lobby, and after Falcon gets him out of there, The next thing we see, they're out of it and back on the tarmac. Is his webbing not supposed to be that strong here?

They must have found a way out. Either a special weapon of Falcons, Red Wings, or Buckys metal arm - Spidey may be stronger than Bucky but Bucky may be able to break from the web.

There was no PG-13 back then

youtube.com/watch?v=4Ugebzq3juE

First of all, this was the best live-action Spiderman yet. This was always how I imagined him.

Second, movie doesn't exactly say. But Stark does show the video footage and the webbing he took. The audience is just supposed to go with the fact he's a genius and figured it out from those two things.

>muh obscure norwegian lesbian graphic novels

Renner has always had a gross face, user

He looks like a troll

Same way Friday found out about Zemo.

You take information like location of known sightings, hours when most activity seems to occur, The direction taken when coming and going to develop a search area or time and place when most likely to be encountered. From there anyone with proper transportation and surveillance equipment could follow him.

With Tony my guess is he used the shit tons of cameras throughout New York to track his suit or anything close to it with an estimated height similar to footage he already examined.
From there you could probably determine he's not as active at night or during school hours, or that his center of activity changes during school hours which narrow down the search teaches and students of a specific school. You then use that list to cross referenced with the other center of activity to determine who has the those two areas in common for school and home. You then look for things like people whose schedules or behavior has changed over the course of time that the hero has been active. And then people who have been in absent from school or were in some non fatal/miraculous recovery. Or people that have some outside connection to equipment and technology that could create the same effects as the hero in question.

Friday could do all this in less than a minute.

And even if it doesn't pinpoint your target exactly I think it narrows it down to enough people that you could check into further within a few hours.

Plus the feeling I got wasn't that Tony was short on team members so now at this moment lets look for more powered individuals but rather he had Spider-Man on his radar already and his current situation just made him act sooner than later.

Yeah, Bendis-tier writing.

it would be outrageously easy to track a costumed vigilante in New York city, just follow him home on CCTV

With the spirit of America.

better dead than red!

"no"

they also made a movie where Tony brought a kid to a dangerous fight for no reason which turned out to be a joke where no one was trying to hurt each other
except for that part where Captain America dropped a bridge on spiderman

Why can't I upvote this?

>First of all, this was the best live-action Spiderman yet.
Dude even ASM had better web slinging scenes

>More like anything involving fantasy and sci fi in general

You don't see much good fantasy or "science fiction" do you?

You mean Michael Brian Bendis-tier writing?

No, because the tv universe does not exist.

I feel like he should have been MORE quippy given that its Spiderman