Robert Kirkman's Heroes And Villains: The History Of Comic Books Heading To AMC

How much big 2 bashing will be in this?
comicbook.com/2016/05/17/heroes-and-villains-the-history-of-comic-books-heading-to-amc-fr/

Hopefully a lot. People need to know the truth. I'd like to see him go over how superhero publishers created the CCA to eliminate other genres of comics which they viewed as competition.

I have no hopes for this considering the network's history

There probably won't be that much though. Kirkman definitely doesn't like them much considering his past experiences with them and how he's his own man with his own company, but it's not likely he has it in him to head up a program talking shit about old big 2 and the comics from when he was a kid. It's like, yeah they're not very good to work with and they're suffocating but that's not enough to rag on them for six hours

>but that's not enough to rag on them for six hours

If they got Alan Moore in it I guess they could fill 4 hours

It'll be VERY pro creator sadly, so I can definitely see shots taken at DC and Marvel in a big way

I MEAN it's not something worth a public crucifixion

>"Big Three" mention
You know it's coming.

It'll bash them quite a bit, hopefully.

>It'll be VERY pro creator sadly
>sadly

So did Kevin Smith's crew tell AMC to fuck off, or did they get cancelled and need to run another comic show, or did it do so well AMC felt like they needed another fucking comic book reality show?

This is not syndicated, it's a miniseries

>Kirkman

Since when is that fat fuck an expert on anything?

Writers and artists aren't nearly as important as they think they are in the grand scheme of things, focusing on them is stupid when people don't give a shit who jack kirby was, they want to see the actual history of the business and characters not what someone was thinking when writing a green lantern comic.

Why'd they get a Marlel drone to do this?

DC/Marvel pls go. That's like saying authors of books don't matter.

Since this is a Kirkman thread I'd imagine we're allowed to discuss The Walking Dead here, so what does everyone think of the new cover released today? I think this is where Kirkman will want to finally kill off Rick Grimes. As for another All Out War type event I wish it was saved for later since it's far too soon after the new one for such a thing.

Its probably gonna be praising writers/artists checkered with "but those CLOWNS at DC/Marvel thought it wouldn't sell"

Not entirely inaccurate but it might get tiresome

>hey want to see the actual history of the business

So they want to see the writers and artists

Probably the extent of what will happen

>"but those CLOWNS at DC/Marvel thought it wouldn't sell"

Yeah that's mostly true. You had risk takers like Roy Thomas, Carmine Infantino, Archie Goodwin, etc. But then you had people like Martin Goodman who wanted Spider-Man cancelled without ever seeing the sales because he didn't believe it had any appeal

All I want is some focus away from the American mainstream. Looking at stuff like Heavy Metal, Robert Crumb, Harvey Kurtzman (and by extension Mad) and 2000AD would be nice.

This is Kirkman. The only non-Big 2 shit that's going to be featured is Image and how amazing that company is.

Eh, I'll take what I can get.

Faces of drone

You genuinely fucking disgust me. I wish I could hit you through the internet.

I wonder if they'll bring up how Walking Dead has written itself into a corner and we're getting ALL OUT WAR III.

I just want a Comic Book Documentary in where Paul Dini can speak for more than 40 seconds.

I really hate how pretentious the image heads are. I wish more creators would do indie books elsewhere

They cut him off because that's the exact amount of time before he starts talking about fucking Zatanna

You're bot total fags on the exact opposite ends of the spectrum.

>I'd like to see him go over how superhero publishers created the CCA to eliminate other genres of comics which they viewed as competition.
Huh, never thought of it that way.

But both Dc and Marvel both published horror and westerns that got effected by the CCA

You mean All Out War Part 2.

I really wonder where the story could actually go after The Whispers, more world building and expansion of Rick's empire would be nice if he doesn't die during the fight. If Stephanie's people don't actually turn out to be Alpha they'll be the key to more world building.

>Don't wanting to hear Dini talk about Zatanna

gay

Doesn't Kirkman think that walking dead is the height of the medium?

The dude loves Marvel/DC characters, he just doesn't like the corporate nature of writing them. I think he's specifically said that Spider-man is his favourite superhero.

No point in making this. We all know which aspects are they're gonna focus on, the same as every other documentary out there. DC, Marvel, Watchmen, Dark Knigh Returns and the Marvel movies.

I want a real comic book docu, I want them to talk about Nemo in Slumberland, Cerebus, 2000 AD, Crumb and the 70's comix movement, the 90's indie imprints and all that stuff. I bet you that ain't gonna happen.

How is being pro-creator an unreasonable position?

Are you just trying to fence sit to feel superior to everyone else?

There's already documentaries for all of those things.

Are there any decent docs? I've seen the 2000AD one, Crumb, a couple on Kirby, one on Ditko, one on Moebius, and one that was just a bunch of interviews called Masters of the Comic Book Art

You what? How is being pro-creator bad?

Well, the man got to actually do it.
He has the right to brag.

yeah because everything they've done is extremely positive and without fuck-ups?