Zootopia

Is a sequel a good idea? ArenĀ“t most of the Didney sequel films suck? Any good Disney sequel? Shouldn't they make short films ala Cars/Toy Story 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

zooboxoffice.com/
zonkpunch.com/video/zootopia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It can be really good as long as they don't try something stupid like throwing a kid into it

Either just focus on a new adventure with Nick & Judy or cover another life lesson like they did with this one (with Nick & Judy being the main characters)

sequel takes time, and one of the directors is already working on a sequel for Wreck It Ralph.
Disney never took sequels seriously, they were just milking machines running on the steam of originals.

hopefully this is going to change.

unrelated:

i like this ice cream cafe concept art, looks like a flash videogame where you serve ice cream instead of pizza

Lion King 2 wasn't bad

what do you want the shorts to be about?

zootopian version of christmas, halloween and thanksgiving?

or stories about side characters, where did thry come from, why is cheetah fat or why finnick is constantly agry?

or maybe mini cases that are not what they look like?

So should I preorder Zootopia from Target or Disney? Why does Target get its own exclusives anyway?

It's Disney.

We're doomed to a shitty sequel or no sequel at all.

pixar will save zootopia once again!

The shitty Disney sequels where made by a different group that got shut down by Lasseter.

Any Zootopia sequel would be made by Disney Animation Studios and be part of the canon.

"Canon" sequels are Three Caberellos, Rescuers Down Under, Fantasia 2000, and Winnie-The-Pooh. And Frozen 2 and maybe Wreck It Ralph 2

Why doesn't Nick have those full on black socks on his arms/legs that irl red foxes have?
I thought the animators did "research"

you know what, I thought motion image about antropomorphic animals would suck too, especially after watching trailers, you know?

We got something bigger. Maybe, just maybe, similar small wonder will happen with Zootopia 2.
There won't be such a sense of wonder and amazement because we'll be fairly familiar with the world by then, but I hope Disney will explore another avenue to amaze and surprise us, with Judy and Nick as protagonists.

And I want TV buddy cop shorts too in rendered in cinema quality, too thanks.

Hey guys, look what I've just finished stiching together.

forgot to add: I'm sorry

not seen the movie yet but that damn smug fox

Always seeing his ugly mug in the catalog and shit

watch the movie user, all will be clear

all of the above, simultaneously.

"day in the life of" is my favorite shit ever.

also some slight continuity elements like ongoing cases, developing relationships and social issues as we learn and see more of the city life.

>971mln

noice

His hands are a little darker. And Red Foxes don't necessarily always have those, sometimes Red Foxes aren't even Red.

i stopped keeping up with these threads nearly a month ago, have they descended into full on autism yet? what are people talking about other than the box office race?

have Byron and Rich posted any other awkward risky thing on twitter?

Honestly /trash/ seems more autistic, which was surprising.

>full on autism yet
not yet, but we're tethering on the brink - we have a handful of drawfriends left, lore has been discussed through and through, so it's mostly box office, yeah.
Nothing new or interesting from either of directors - they probably got told by their execs to tone it down.
Threads are much slower, but still pretty comfy.

zooboxoffice.com/

Is there a way to remove these subtitles and watermark? Without them this rip would be almost perfect.

Fuck you ;_;

Fucking dropped the picture

haha wow

Seriously, I thought I would hate the film because of the smug but he's actually a real lovely character

>guise of concerned palyed naivete
it's absolutely amazing they did it without sticking motion sensors to human faces and putting CGI on top of it. Motions and expressions are just perfect.

nobody who wasn't actually wishing it devolved into autism thought moving /trash/ was a good idea, people compaining about things getting deleted randomly were out of their minds.

so it's about wrapped up until the BD release then? i'll tryutn more regularly when those extra features come by.

>so it's about wrapped up until the BD release then?
yeah, pretty much. There is genuinely very little to go on about unless someone wants to go on an easter egg hunt and /trash/ is absolutely revolting, so we're just chilling here with like-minded anons.

It's a nice company, but I wish our village was a bit bigger.

Speaking of autism.

I scanned this one.

Ho boy is /trash/ a shit show.

I was more bothered by his lack of whiskers.

seriously, so much better. Glad you made the investment.

Unfortunately, it's the place where most of the new OC seems to be created. Which kinda baffles me on the clean stuff.

Like, has the right idea.

I would wager that the lack of whiskers might have been a stylistic choice. Nick (and about any other normally whiskered animal) may have been depicted without whiskers to avoid them looking sloven, unkept, old, etc. Or at least moreso.

>baffles me on clean stuff
Maybe because a lot of clean oc was deleted here and authors banned? Plus you get instant and much larger following there, which is extremely alluring for aspiring artists.
Mods were tad heavy handed too, but then again they'd rather see Zootopia threads fine from the board altogether so now we've stuck with a few dozen of anons with just two or three delivering some OC.

Posting some russian fanart

Thats all i got

Well, buying a scanner means that I'm serious about getting better at drawing now. This is a new source of motivation for me and I'm glad I did it.

I don't know where the egyptian zootopia idea comes from but it looks awesome.

The idea was from some art contest.

Looking forward to see other scans of your art.

This would be better if it were Dawn and Lionheart.

all you had to do was google "gangster guns" damn it

I loved her voice, very cute

>movie's out on blu-ray in 3 weeks
>it's still playing in theaters

Think it'll stay in circulation right up to the disc release?

there's something about that rasp in her voice.

That cleaned up real nice, dude.

The disc release will come out later for some countries so I can imagine it still running in those countries over the english disc release.

Also it hasn't been released in Turkey yet.

why are so people so autistically-serious about overweight comic relief character? I mean, he's jumpy, he's funny, he can't catch up with a tiny otter, why all the nerd rage?

Maybe shaving whiskers in Zootopia is like shaving irl
They're definitely intelligent enough to not need them to get by in daily life

The sequel would have to be about those two having a romantic interest in a city where inter-species romance faces the same issues gays and trans face in real life.

The first tackled prejudice, drug use, etc. Would Disney have the balls to do it? I think it could be done without delving into sex. Maybe have the two meet a homeless kid and they adopt it and have a family.

>Just found The Weaver's blog

Holy shit, that man is a god. I mean he was always great, but his Zootopia material is the best he's ever made. He actually understands the characters and writes them faithfully, in addition to the cute/lewd art.

I really hope not. Going twice into the same waters doesn't seem like a good idea.
My wish would be them focusing on timeless issues, not some sjw pandering, such as loyalty, truth, compassion and kindness.

This of course can be done via examples you described, but I'd rather they surprised us with something amazing.

>inter-species romance faces the same issues gays and trans face in real life.
user, please don't lump transsexuals in the same category as xenophiles. Inter-species romance is not equivalent to a mental illness that causes you to chop off body parts.

>He actually understands the characters and writes them faithfully
could someone confirm if that negro is serious?

The way her Voice breaks when she says "Yes Sir" etc.

www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/japan-box-office-zootopia-holds-894326

>It has been boosted by cinemagoers who are watching both the English and newly released Japanese version, which opened May 10, as well as higher-priced 4DX3D screenings.

I don't know where they're getting this from. Both the dub and sub versions were there on April 23rd, and the M4XD showings were also available from day 1.

Hey, anons, I have a very important question for you.
Remember how a lot of you reported feeling of happiness, drive to improve yourself, take up your old hobbies and generally become a better person?
Where is it this fire now? Is it still burning bright or have you slipped back into old routine?

I'll speak for myself: my enthusiasm is undiminished by passage of time and I only feel more motivated every day. I feel the initial surge wore off, but I found as if I got set on a correct course with enough speed to continue moving by the received momentum.

Requesting a parody of this where Nick is Lucario and Judy is the trainer.

We in Baewether hours yet?

How does this make you feel Sup Forums?

zonkpunch.com/video/zootopia

This should be in the next movie. Judy and Nick must keep Gazelle from being kidnapped. Since Nick knows everybody, he knows gazelle since she was his only childhood friend. Gazelle sees Nick and gives him a hug and a kiss in front of Judy. Judy is then confused and a little bit jealous.

Nick's balls are too big.

That's a problem because....?

Quick question Sup Forums, what are Nick and Judy's places in the ZPD? Are they beat cops?

Never really felt that motivated after watching the movie, I just walked out thinking it was a good movie.

/trash/ is that way

>Judy with lipstick

This makes me irrationally angry for some reason

Its hard to tell the difference now a days

cancer is a serious risk on males of his age, user.

>someone actually saved it

no need to push your 30's. These threads are barely a few months old and are already in the high risk group.

>zooboxoffice.com/
kek. Looks useful

well shit. my post got deleted within about 20 seconds.

anyhoo. bellwether's voice is cute and they chose the perfect voice for her.

>Are they beat cops?

For the moment, it seems like it. Though if they ever released a sequel they'd probably be bumped up to detectives.

What makes you say that?

Dunno, just seems like the way to go considering how the sequel would be boring if N&J didn't have a case to solve and a bad guy to catch.

I save all sketches, user

>smugfox.exe has stopped working

I feel tad embarrassed to be honest. Thanks I guess.

Is it wrong that I want to rub Nick's paws?

t. Nick Gump

Bogo please

np m8

obligatory

not at all

that's my art/sketch thing. i didn't really think anyone would bother to save it