Favorite and least favorite works?

Opinions?

Comparisons to Alan Moore?

Other urls found in this thread:

eruditorumpress.com/blog/tag/last-war-in-albion/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like that Marvel is currently publishing a pseudo-Morrison series

(dope=hash)

I really liked some parts of his Batman run, I think it was quite interesting to see an adaptation of some weird Silver Age stories into a modern context like making the Batman of Zurr-en-Arr some kinda psychotic delusion that Bruce Wayne uses as a final mental line of defense.

???

Favorites: Seven Soldiers, Batman.

Least favorites: Dunno, Action Comics maybe?

Did anyone see Utopia from Channel4?

It seems like someone wanted to adapt Invisibles but couldn't afford it, so took out all the magic.

Brilliant show, though.

I'm going to read Animal Man right now.
I'm hyped as fuck, but I don't think I will like his work as much as the other pretentious writers

Least favorite: "Kill Your Boyfriend" was complete crap.

While we're at it, "The Invisibles" reads like he pulled about half of it out of his ass as he went along.

>Can we have a Morrison thread?
Probably not but I'll help try

>Favorite and least favorite works?
Favorite is Seven Soldiers followed by Doom Patrol. Least favorite is Happy or maybe Annihilator

>Opinions?
One of my favorite writers ever. Haven't read his first Heavy Metal yet but I heard it's a bit disappointing. I'm really hype for his new Mulitversity comics.

>Comparisons to Alan Moore?
There really isn't much to compare. Both great writers with very different styles.

No matter how much Morrison tries, he'll never be as good as Alan Moore.
Grant is still pretty good though.

>Favorites: Seven Soldiers
Such an underrated book. Probably one of my favorite comics ever and one of my favorite things that he's done.

Morrison is basically a superhero writer. I mean he's done other stuff, but superheroes will always be what he's best known for. He's one of the few British Invasion writers who has had the interest *and* the skill at doing long runs on straight-ahead superhero comics.

This is very different from Moore. Moore's longest run was on a character who wasn't a superhero (Swamp Thing). He wrote a few stories with Superman and Batman but turned down all offers to write them on a regular basis. He'll always be remembered as the guy who wrote the outstanding deconstruction of superheroes (Watchmen). But he's not really a superhero writer, not because he doesn't have the skill but because that's not what he wants to do regularly.

Morrison is sort of unusual in that respect because most of the outstanding British writers just aren't the guys you'd put on Justice League or X-Men. When Morrison asked to do JLA (he originally wanted Teen Titans) he specifically wanted DC to give him a mainstream superhero franchise that he could do. Which is why he's been so valuable to DC, he's one of the very few people who combines British sophistication with traditional superheroics.

I find that when everything is out there, nothing is. He needs some normalcy to his work.

I enjoyed his brief run in the middle of Flash, I've found his longer runs overbearing.

I never see anyone hype We3, so I will.

We3 was god tier. Morrison's story and ideas, coupled with Quitely's art.

Please, anons, tell me there is a comic with better action than We3, because I have yet to find any other book with such a rhythm and flow to it.

>Morrison Teen Titans
muh FUCKING dick

I am very glad I got into Morrison when I did so I could read a majority of his comics and get my fill and then kind of ignore him after that.

His comics are good and the better ones are better than a lot of what mainstream comics put out but the pedestal he has is largely undeserved.

Morrison is my favourite writer and We3 is my favourite of his. It's criminally under appreciated and I always recommend it to people and have multiple times given it as a gift to people who want to get more into comics.

It's short and straightforward, beautifully drawn by Quitely. It sounds so silly on paper and really surprised me when I read it.

Currently in the middle of reading this absolute insanity. I've been reading his Batman run on and off, so after this I'm picking up B&R Volume 3. According to the reading orders across the net and on Sup Forums I've seen it's the best way to go. But someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You're talking about Vision, right?

scary bald man

Favorite: Final Crisis

Was the comic that got me into the hobby.

Least Favorite: We3.

I understand the love for this story but it really didn't hit me like it appears to do others.

Invisibles is just a crazy ass culmination of every idea he ever had mixed with his literary influences.

It's actually weird as hell reading Morrison's really old shit and seeing the rough drafts for this series play out.

Has anyone here read, or is reading, or even aware of. Peter Sandifer's blog?

He's doing a rather remarkable comparison between Alan Moore and Grant Morrison called "The Last War in Albion".

eruditorumpress.com/blog/tag/last-war-in-albion/

The last few issues of Return of Bruce and B&it really ought to be read co-currently.

Once you hit P.I. Batman, stop.

Seven Soldiers is ace material.

>Least Favorite: We3.

Have you given it another chance? I appreciate it more with each read.

Gwenpool

I have not. I might give it a reread if I find the time.

>Alan Moore

Who is this?

And why should I care?

Good shit, user. It's way too much for me to start reading immediately. Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow or something.

Thanks for the link user, this looks interesting.

I'm waiting for 18 Days to get it's chapters straightened out.
First new issue in like, two years, and it's two stories they've already printed.

Utopia is distinct enough from Invisibles, but could have influences from the comic.

>He'll always be remembered as the guy who wrote the outstanding deconstruction of superheroes (Watchmen). But he's not really a superhero writer, not because he doesn't have the skill but because that's not what he wants to do regularly.
It's really sad that Moore had a falling out with DC, because it was right at the point where he was mellowing out of his bullshit darkness phase and started reconsidering superheroes. I mean I'm hugely grateful for Supreme, but imagine if he had actual Superman to play with at the time.

but Grant never writes anything fun

kek

I really don't like Damien Wayne, is it still worth reading Morrison's Batman? I don't know how much Damien features, but I've always seen a bunch of Batman and Robin towards the end of his run and it always turns me off reading it.

Behead All Satans

His Batman run was shit.

Morrison isn't British

your shit

Maybe, but that doesn't make what I said any less true

your aint shit brotha

chin up

>imagine if he had actual Superman to play with at the time

The brightest of all timelines.

Alan "Beard" Moore a shit

What a witty and insightful conversationalist you are.

[ctrl+s]for you[/ctrl+s]

Thanks bro

Normally he pisses me off because everything he does lately is META META META.

That said, Wonder Woman Earth One was solid, and didn't have any of that nonsense, simply focusing on telling a good story. Keep doing that, Grant, and you and I will get along just fine.

YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

I read Nameless recently. Really enjoyed it. Was glad he was writing a pop magician again.

Is Chris Burham the normie Frank Quitely?

Scotland is part of Great Britain

The Coyote Gospel is probably one of the hardest hitting comics I have ever read.