NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The first time that I watched this scene I literally almost threw up, not a joke, not hyperbole, LITERALLY ALMOST THREW UP
Everytime that I saw this or think about this something dies inside me and I feel a sharp pain on my stomach
It was one of my favorite shows, it was FUCKING GREAT, and now it is this, it does not make the original show any worst, but thinking about the generation that will grow up watching this USELESS MEANINGLESS GARBAGE, its hopeless, society is finally colapsing
FUCKING NORMIES

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QExDCEiYP7I
strawpoll.me/10223386
youtube.com/watch?v=x8wOE7J8G1U
vimeo.com/99601528
youtube.com/watch?v=GfI3Je1kmMk&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

apologize

FUCK OFF

the writers probably spend too much time on the cancerous 9gag,

youtube.com/watch?v=QExDCEiYP7I

NO

You are a petty person with no understanding of anything of importance.

ever noticed how Sup Forums is as easily triggered as the other website

It's the autism
Nerds are nerds

I have no interest in watching this scene for the obvious reasons.

what do they actually say in it? does she actually say me gusta?

She literally says "No me gusta", yeah

Manchild the post

How do you reference internet memes without being cringeworthy?

I really doubt most people actually act this way. It just seems like a lot of people on the internet grew up with loud and angry humor so they translate complaints about shit into that.
>This new powerpuff girls cartoon is shitty
becomes
>This new powerpuff girls cartoon is the worst thing to happen to me since my father raped my dog and hit him with his car.
The trouble is some people actually are this autistic and it becomes hard to tell the difference on an image board where all you have to go on is text.

a simple "no me gusta" would've sufficed, OP

You weave them into the dialogue and/or narrative in a natural manner. Internet memes on their own, like standalone pop culture references, are not jokes in and of themselves.

strawpoll.me/10223386

I liked the next scene where Bubbles sang though.

This. It needs to be seamless and happen naturally in a way that won't make it obviously dated in two years from now. Pop culture references are the same way.

Can someone actually post the scene

youtube.com/watch?v=x8wOE7J8G1U

panty and stocking was closer to the old powerpuff girls than the reboot

NO

Memes

you don't include memes in the first place, because people will just edit in memes themselves
you can probably find a loss version of any webcomic page, for example

> 2:18 "Professor Plutonium"

that and his tone says this guy doesn't fucking give a shit about anything but the money he thinks he'll get from the nuPPG merchandise

vimeo.com/99601528

Shhhh, forget about it. Just watch the old episodes and pretend the new doesn't exist. Let the old wash over you.

So you think the Rowdy Rough Boys will make a return?

Will it be like the original where the girls can't beat them physically and have to cleverly devise a way to defeat them using their feminine wiles?

Or will they just beat them outright?

You don't.

I tried to watch an episode a while ago but it quickly annoyed me how gross Buttercup is and sounds. She had a rough voice before, but it still had femininity. This new one sounds like a boy trying to sound like a girl. It's weird.

you're on the internet

You must have absolutely nothing going on in your life to be this mad at a cartoon show

They did the same problem that Sonic Boom had.
>They're relying way too hard on you already knowing the characters and tropes (so they don't have to work very hard to establish anything, they just have to show it and go "look, its that character that does the things! See? It's a Powerpuff Girls show!")
>but yet it's marketed towards children who have a slim chance of knowing who these characters are, leaving them to just accept everything without question or as if they should already know
>And they started right off the bat putting forced "twists" on the status quo; but it doesn't work and it's not funny or impactful because they never show you what the status quo is, let alone give you enough time to soak in the status quo and feel the difference when it's "twisted"
>and the villains are boring, nonthreatening mushy bags of emptiness that could easily be mistaken as annoying or grumpy neighbors the girls just have to deal with occasionally.

The "team" behind this "show" is trying so damn hard to be "progressive" that they actually effectively set everything back by a hell of a long ways

funny memes amirite

> having this much autistic rage about this shit show

le Bubbles her power level is over 9000 topkek

The difference is that Sonic Boom was just an experiment and it's forgettable. NuPPG isn't. It's a continuation of the original series.

He's an exec, he knows nothing about the show and only knows about the profit margins.

If they show up, they better not be turned into that Man-Boy character. I don't want them to take time to say "girls can beat men in a fight!" when that wasn't the point.
The other two are flanderized and have totally different balances for their character traits, but Buttercup actuallys acts totally different. She used to be somewhat tomboyish and disgruntled. Now, she's a bitch and a Bart Simpson expy.

But everything I said still applies.
Sonic Boom is based off a video game series, though, instead of another television series

>original show is timeless
>no era slang, dialogue and very few references to anything
>could watch it from any context and not be alienated by it
>new show shoves in smart phones and internet memes
I really hate to parrot Pan but this is almost exactly the Yo Yogi of this generation.

The meme references are already dated

ME

FA

MES

GUS

Buttercup is the successful gentleman's Powerpuff.

GGOT

At least the Boom cartoon actually tries with the character comedy.

Who here waiting for the alligator? Pretty much the only reason I'm still keeping up.

How bad will this trainwreck be?

There are good arguments either way for it it will eclipse the SVU episode or not.

>SVU is a culturally more influential show (almost an institution, really), could get away with more content-wise, and is an hour-long so there's more material to mock
>PPG is already hated, is closer to the kind of media dank memesters keep up with more, and is a kids cartoon so explicit/obvious social/political messages are a bigger deal there

Either way, even 1 1/2 years after the fact they're crashing CN with no survivors imagine if baneposting made it in?

It's funny.
Because nothing is sacred, kids of this generation are going to grow up and see their beloved childhood stuff get mutilated and used for corporate wealth as well.
Will anyone look back and remember nuPPG fondly? Would a reboot of it be a bastardized version of THIS bastardization?

>it has to be changed like _____ because our executive demographics tell us if we don't change it, the audience will reject it
>we're not going to fucking reject it
>nobody has a problem with something being set in the past
>nobody has a problem with old drawing styles, old music styles, or any old art styles
>nobody likes their new version with everything people liked the original for "updated"
>updated like the story is a computer program
>how did that happen
>must be because nobody likes it anymore

>one of the characters wins two tickets
>they can only take one of their friends
>they deceive their friends for the episode
>ends with the tickets being destroyed, them deciding not to go, or giving the tickets to their friends, because if they can't take their friends, it's not worth going because friendship is the most important thing in the world

I don't know what the fuck is going on. The green wiggers are some kind of band?

PPG was never good.

>trying so damn hard to be "progressive" that they actually effectively set everything back by a hell of a long ways

Case in point, the unicorn episode

conversely:

>we just wanted to make it relatable to an audience of this generation so they wouldn't feel alienated by seeing things that existed in the past

Pretty much this it
Fucking kekd externally. Thank you user.

Craig must not care at this point.

Well he created the original (coughBETTERcough)
show, so it's good they at least gave him credit for using his ideas and fucking them to hell and back

> Still better than nuPPG is now
> Must be worth something if a movie can come out of it
> Many, many people still liked it
Try again. Actually, don't.

He wasn't apart of this reboot, but he's the original creator of the Powerpuff Girls/Whoopass Stew. That's why his name is there. If he was actually apart of this, things would be vastly better, at least definitely in the animation department.

Hello again, Buttercupfriend.

Jewface

keks and kettles

Plus he posted an incredibly passive-aggressive tweet about the show when someone asked him if he was working on it so I'm pretty sure he doesn't like it either.

I have no doubts he doesn't like it.
Even if we had absolutely nothing to show he doesn't like this show.
From a moral standpoint, and imagining being the creator of a beloved franchise, not to a gigantic audience, but also to yourself; and having it turned into something as soulless, self-serving, and flagrantly bastardized as this.
And not being able to do or say anything to stop or help it

it must be like living in hell
And I can't express how deeply sorrowful I feel for Mr. McCracken..

>The first time that I watched this scene I literally almost threw up, not a joke, not hyperbole, LITERALLY ALMOST THREW UP

Have you tried not being a woman?

The girls in the new series are a trio of lowlifes than heroes.

Because that worked flawlessly back in the 90's

Anyone who uses this gif is cancer. What a waste of trips.

Better yet, they'll be played up as silly endearing villains so that they can rack in more of that sweet, sweet merchandise.

I was a kid back in the 90s and I never dressed in anyway close to this.

Memes are the fucking lowest form of humor. There's nothing witty or punctual about them, its just a reference to something. They also have an expiry date where if you go past it, then it won't make sense since its so referential based. There's no way to base your humor around memes and have it not be cringeworthy in a few months or so.

Probably cause you weren't cool.

Shouldn't have been a dweeb.

Hey there. Thanks.

Her voice actress kinda looks like my first crush

oh fuck that noise. just imagining how that would go down is painful.

I found this video on Youtube, and this video is cringy and bad, this dude mic is horseshit youtube.com/watch?v=GfI3Je1kmMk&feature=youtu.be