I like it if they are gonna do Versions for each book

probably just plain colors that match the cover

Try for a Constantine one?

That's even duller than the last one.

Still Is pretty cool

Eh, it's okay.

See That is just the template.

maybe if the edit guy is still around, I was just reposting it

I think this one looks really good. It shows how it will look officially too.

DC knocked this one out of the fucking park.

*Tips Fedora*

Just a quick edit.

I'm getting classic logo vibes here.

DC doesn't even pretend to be a comic focused company anymore.
They want so badly to be #1 in the movie world again it's all they care about.

Kek spotted the retarded Sup Forums fag

I honestly don't get why everyone is so pissed off.
It's a good design, has room for variation, is pretty similar to DC's older more iconic logos. Plus I thought everyone and their grandma hated the peel-off design.

holy shit, this is some significant new delusion from the Disney marketing division

>I honestly don't get why everyone is so pissed off.
Because it's DC. Disney has their goons trolling sites for any mention of DC

Minimalism user, have you ever heard of it?

their last logo at least said the word 'comics' in it and had a comic reference with the page turning.
this new logo was created specifically to look good on the big screen and have no representation of a comic whatsoever.

Looks much better than the previous one.

Trying too hard, the post.

It's ironic, my post that was trying too hard was about the company that's trying way too hard to find their niche every 5 years.

it's just shitposting

>Detective Comics Comics
The new logo is great

One thing I noticed is that the logo seems to be meant to be viewed when it's tiny and from a distance. The squared off angles on the sides of the letters make sort of an hour glass shape from a distance.

It's sort of neat how they do that.

Yeah it looks very simplistic, but logo design is a science

Totally agree.

>But it's just letters! I could do that in MS Paint!

i tried a thing.

My Design professor always had a come back for this.

Whenever someone says that they could design a logo, you ask them why they didn't.

Because they weren't hired to.

Looks great. the circle on both sides soothes the autism in me.

I think the black makes it harder to recognize than the others

I like it but the outlines over the letters should be dark black

Am I the only one who likes the 2012 design? It's clever.

If I was better, I'd have just outlined the interior of the circle and letters in black and perhaps the outside of the circle.

you literally are, it's shit

Welp, alright then.
It's better than this one, though, minimalism a shit.

no

Is there really enough to take up two threads?

Congratulations, DC for not misspelling your name.

Would you rather talk comic book related art and design or more company wars and capeshit?

>comic book related art and design
You think that's what this board is for?

Put two more circles at the bottom, one a review, one a "put thumb here"

looks like a football logo

Yes.

That stuff still happens in threads like this anyway, so what's your point

you need to leave room for the barcode though

Barcode can go on back?

>Deathstroke
Is it wrong I thought of Blue & Gold before looking at the filename

Won't fly. Back cover is ad space

So how long until DC shoes sues them?

But back is where advertisements go. How dare you diminish the earning power of back-cover ads!

Seriously, I thought this was a generic as fuck logo but you can do some really great designs with this.

Fuck this is amazing

Anyone know the font?

Yeah, but the question is if they'll actually do anything with it besides just black and white/white and blue and call it a day. Hope they utilize the posibilites, but honestly even this safe, vanilla as fuck logo is miles better than the last one.

Still, I kind of wish they'd go back to the 2005 or 76 one.

>Still, I kind of wish they'd go back to the 2005 or 76 one.

they will probably never use stars again due to the lawsuit

>a shoe company for 15 year olds owned by a clothing company for 16 year olds sues Time Warner

My guess is probably never.

Theyre not allowed to go back to 76 because lawsuits and 05(like 11) has too many gradients for modern logo design

No stars so they cant

That... is way better that the Bandaid. Nice callback to their Post-Superman National logo.

Not as good as the Bullet, as good or better than the Swoosh.

Still not as great as the Bullet, though.

>My guess is probably never.

They already did bub. They won

They already did ya goofball. Why do you think we dont have the bullet anymore

>I kind of wish they'd go back to the 2005 or 76 one.
They can't.
Haven't you heard? They sued DC Shoes claiming that their logo (pic) was a trademark infringement because D+C+star. Then they realized they never actually trademarked their own logo.

Soooo after going to all that effort of insisting that the DC Comics logo and the DC Shoes logo were too similar to coexist, they had to change their own logo or pay a royalty to the shoe company that actually had a trademark.

Shoot y'all are right, I totally forgot about that.

I got kinda attached to the old logo...
but I miss the older one more

They probably will use every possibility.

I think the fact that people are *already* making their own logos from the official DC one is a sign that it's working. The 2012 logo, with its gradients and curves, is actually a bit difficult to modify -- although the end result arguably looked the best. But I think that because of the difficulty, the inhouse designers and artists just didn't have enough motivation to personalize the logo, and the result was the "sticker" on every comic, as opposed to the nice logos on most live-action stuff.

>HAHAHA DKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Jesus Christ

Guess you weren't here for 2012, then.
Because people were doing the exact same thing back then.
my favorite was the toilet version

Ok correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the whole logo redesign began with DC comics lawsuiting DC shoes and lost and DC shoes lawsuiting back and won?

It reminds me of a plastic toy ring, like the ones you get from a capsule. This design would make sense during the Green Lantern ring fad.

Yeah that's literally what happened when the toilet bowl logo was announced. People were still photoshopping to show how it could look good, but they never did shit with it.

The number is wrong, obviously (should be 934). But an idea of how it might look.

Hopefully we'll see if DC are doing custom logos at the end of tonights flash. Theyve updated most parts with the new logo alreadyq

That's what they said they were going to do with the LAST logo and see how that turned out?

OK, I'm coming around on this logo.

if the Flash logo doesn't look at least as good as CW should fire their interns

How long co, until harley's tits are the nu dc logo?

There's two episodes left in the season. I highly doubt they bothered to change it

Honestly I recognized that they don't know what they're doing. Didio can't backtrack because he's stuck with the people who convinced him to flush the titles down the toilet. Changing the logo is just the latest desperate attempt to distance themselves from the flop Flashpoint DC

To be fair even CW tried harder to have fun with the 12 logo than DC did.

Much like DC. At times like these I look fondly back at Heroes Reborn. Marvel defiantly restarting the Avengers and Iron man, only for the entire thing to be dropped by years end. That's what I know is going to eventually happen. The ship literally has to go under before things get better.

Mostly Sup Forumsmunists posting

And why was that do you think?

fuck yeah

what then fuck are you talking about retard