ITT: Planet Nameks in Sup Forums

ITT: Planet Nameks in Sup Forums

This and the fucking farm.

the damn birthday party

I don't understand this meme, I downloaded DBZ recently and the namek episode are not that many, they hardly make 1/3 of the episodes.

Why people pretend it's biblical scale long?

Kai or original z

Thats looks more like berserk

inb4 every webcomic ever

>reading webcomics

I believe that it's joke based on way back when DBZ first came out on Toonami. They would always play the series as normal, right until Goku lands on Namek, and then start from Radditz all over again.

tl:dr Nostalgia Joke

DBZ Abridged.

Going by the wiki, it lasted seventy-two episodes. Just for comparison, the original Dragon Ball lasted about 150 in its entirety. And the prior arc had been only thirty-five.

This was compounded by a few things, including the Namek Saga's rather short timeframe in-universe (it chronicles a set of events that took place over the course of maybe a day), the very distinctive appearance of Namek that quickly got old and boring, and the fact that the Namek Saga got rerun so often, which made it seem even longer.

More like THEY ARE STILL ON THAT FUCKING BOAT

>Recently downloaded.
There's your problem.
Back then you had to wait until next week to see another episode.
1/3 of the DBZ episodes is still 100 episodes.
100 FUCKING WEEKS.
And thats not counting the times they fucking restarted the series from the beginning so they could catch up.
You cannot imagine the pain.

It far predates Abridged.

Jokes about five minutes lasting a good chunk of episodes started the second those episode aired in Japan.

This. Literally took Toonami years to get through Namek. Got to the point where the ad that they were going to get episodes after Goku shows up sent young me through the roof

When they finally started airing the new episodes starting with Goku versus the Ginyu Force, I had thought it had been so long that the actors' voices had gotten older or something, since I wasn't aware of the swap to a new translation group.

Yeah. Terrible that they lost not only in a alien battle but also there master and half there friends. both season 2 and 3 finales were the same as they ever were. And i blame not only Shredder but also someone else.

Only true answer.

They finally got off it though.

>How do you want your last season, pham?
>Just fuck my shit up.

Doesn't count until they walk into the fairy kingdom. It could be another random evil island.

Bait, but this is the actual setting of the show, mang

The exact moment Earth 2 went to shit

Now I personally like this arc, but I know many people felt that it was too long for a droid-centric plot line.

Gil's introduction/backstory and the group leaving the first planet in Ava's Demon.

This was just before/during the Kickstarter campaign for the first volume, back when MC was still usually only posting a half a dozen panels a week on average, and this section of the story spans about 300-something panels. IIRC it ended up taking like 18 months to get through it.

Not that it was horrible, there were a lot of little interesting diversions during that part of the story like the mindscape stuff with Ava, Wrathia, and Maggie but most readers were really just waiting for shit to finally kick off.

... our patience was rewarded

Anyone read El Goonish Shive? Every fucking arc takes literal years to get through and its always the most banal shit ever, like the time a full year was spent dedicated to a fucking card game tournament

I was so desperate to get past Namek that I spent all my allowance on the VHS tapes for the android saga. I was the cool kid at school because I was the only one who knew what happened next.

As much as I likeThe Whispers arc it really is shaping up to be Walking Dead's Namek so far.

>Even fighting a bald woman as the main villain