Star Trek Discovery First Look

cbs.com/shows/star-trek-discovery/video/LeDfVOm_JkJcYJF9ju2izuFJBnF_qJsG/star-trek-discovery-first-look-trailer/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM
youtube.com/watch?v=WLHO_E_U8o4
eachvideo.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM
youtube.com/watch?v=t48Qy3sYx6o
youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow, it looks even worse than I thought.

might be better than stargate universe as long as it isnt filled with typical tropes

>not available in your region
JUST

Sup Forums has evolved for one purpose, to sense shows that will get shit canned in 1 season. I fear it is too late now

>not available in your region
Do they hate money?

>all those dutch angles

youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM

The orville looks better

The production values are honestly impressive.

So, yeah, probably cancelled after one season due to expenses not justified by whatever ridiculous format CBS is releasing this on.

>Klingon design from the reboot movies again
So this is going to be in the reboot universe too then?

Not Star Trek

It's in the "prime" unvierse but yeah they're clearly using the JJverse "look"

Why do niggers, women and niggerwomen have to fucking lead everything now

Its fucking unbelievable and it takes me out of every fucking movie, and while the effects look superb for a TV series I will have that fucking feeling in the back of my head that some corporate fuck head sat there and told them "Hurr durr we need this diversity here we need the nigger to drive the ship, we really do"

Fuck this

Cut the shit reddit, this looks ten times worse than JJTrek.

>actually try to make a decent show
>put it on CBS All Access

what was r*ddit about my post?

WE

nigger

>complaining about diversity in a Star Trek series

Are you fucking serious?

>muh eebil JJtrek
Let's face it faggot, the last two TNG movies were complete shit. JJtrek was at least fun to watch. Don't compare this shit to the kelvin films, it's more on par with something like Supergirl

JJTrek is plebkino: youtube.com/watch?v=WLHO_E_U8o4

Now I expect you to not have that shitty opinion anymore. Dismissed.

This video is not available

Do there have to be even nigger klingons and nigger everything? Why the fuck would the universe be filled with nigger fucking looking shits

Why can't there be a race looking like white people and race looking like black people

Just like on earth

Without mixing everything in every fucking race, how fucking retarded is that

But JJtrek is reddit meme core.
You're reddit for liking it.

eachvideo.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM

This is not your father's trek. They're making it for the current year and we're sick of diversity in the current year. You bet your ass we'll complain. Relentlessly. Every thread.

>inb4 Sup Forums doesn't like to admit this looks kino because it has minorities

Also I thought the captain was going to be a white male? Or does this asian lady die off really early or something

I don't know why, but I never thought to myself
>"damn, sisko is black. tuvok is black. janeway is a woman."
because these characters were established and actually felt believable as starfleet officers. Now diversity feels forced.

Give me a fucking break, there is a difference between diversity (vide one black lady on Kirks ship) and fucking pushing niggers and women in every major fucking role

>My people were created to sense death
Can he sense the death of this series?

You haven't even seen the show yet, calm down turbofag

Reddit HATES JJtrek you android phone using manlet. It's one of the few competent blockbuster series of the last decade, and yet everyone likes shitting on it just as much as Avatar.

So is the main character a Human/Vulcan half breed like Spock, but chose to be Human instead?

>District 9 meets fresh prince of bel-air meets supergirl
Shill

>Blacks
>Before Kirk but the ship is technologically superior, again
>JJ Verse Klingons
>Lense flares
>Dutch angles
>Weird warp effects

Nah, no. The Orville is more Star Trek.

We have seen the disease in so many cases we don't have to see the patient die to guess the results you stupid fucker

Also does any liberal retard pushing women into every leading position in the military in movies ever thoughy about

1) why there are 99% patriarchal civilizations and countries in the world's history

2) why men were the 90% of soldiers in history, and men were pushed into the military, not women by default

This is so fucking retarded on so many levels

They literally just released the trailer you nigger, stop shitting on it til it gives you a valid reason too, which it will when it premiers.

>anime reaction image
back to Sup Forums

Seems unlikely, the Netflix deal internationally put them in the black already and they increased the episode order today

>Sense death
What a stupid super power to have

>JJtrek was at least fun to watch
it is if you're a braindead retard. then everything bad is fun to you

I just marathoned the first 90 seconds of the trailer and it was shit, should I finish it?

Lol not even in the 50s episode? C'mon they never shied away from discussing Sisko's blackness.

Tbf Into Darkness was shit. Wasn't bad at blowing shit up, I loved that, but it makes me cringe Everytime I hear Quinto's half-assed KHAAAN.

Nah, not unless you have snacks to eat while you watch it. Otherwise just skip it.

Tell people you watched the whole thing though. That's what I do.

This board has evolved for one purpose and one purpose only. To sense the coming of cancellation. I sense one coming now.

I've seen fan productions that look better than this

Name 1.

wow did you just? patriarchy? i mean did you? i cant believe you would say it.... just im so ..... wow user. YOU FUCKING CIS SCUM WHITE MAN

Nah, I feel it too. Like somehow 90s diversity was the least forced kind of diversity and we've been going downhill ever since.

See also: completely average people watched shows like Xena or The Fresh Prince, nothing has legitimate wide spectrum appeal like that anymore.

just don't watch it, I'm a huge trekkie and I won't.

So say something positive about it or nothing at all? It looks like shit and it's ok to talk about that.

Christ, why did they go with the nu-trek Klingon look

They look like fucking lizards

So you don't want black people in the lead roles?

*LIPS SMACKING*

APOLOGIZE
youtube.com/watch?v=t48Qy3sYx6o

My immediate reaction was "holy shit they're shoehorning in the Jem-Hadar two centuries early?"

I hope this robot character is genderqueer, that'd be very Rodenberryesque of them

Well meme'd

>thoughy

>open trailer
>see a hijab
>close trailer

nah, however you should

APOLOGIZE

Still looks better than jew jew trek.

>black female captain

I wanna kill myself

No you were just a kid then and cared less

>Jason Isaacs as Lorca, the Captain of the Discovery
>he didn't even appear in the trailer

The Asian woman's going to die at the end of the first episode, her wish for Sasha to be given her command won't be granted by Starfleet and they're going to introduce her new fucking white male superior that she'll butt heads with for the whole first season until they earn a grudging respect.

Thus begins the Great Tumblr Riot of 2018.

Why does it matter?

Good episodes of TNG and DS9 were good in spite of diversity, not because of it. A problem those series didn't suffer from as much as this one will is that writers today are all hacks.

You're objectively wrong

Shows like Empire and Tyler Perry's House of Pancakes are the first shows with majority black audiences, before "black" shows like Cosby, Fresh Prince and Sanford and Son relied on attracting large numbers of white viewers. Now those viewers are no longer desired.

APOLOGIZE
youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE

Sisko getting asshurt about oppression was even treated ridiculously in-universe, as in "dude that happened 400 years ago lmao"

by the way was this guy's skin color ever mentioned?

This is nu-trek, this is memes

you can't really tell much from this trailer.
It doesn't look like star trek, it looks your standard modern series crap.
Normies will probably like it and Sup Forums will defend it saying "lel, I like it, it's fun!!"

screencap this

How would diversity spite Star Trek?

Yet you seem to kneejerk and hate a character you've only seen from a trailer?

These mental gymnastics are astounding. Sup Forums sort yourself out because looking like Sup Forums doesn't suit you.

I'm going to bet the desert wandering and asteroid spacewalk scenes are the setpiece crown jewels of the entire series and 99% of the scenes will be classic "people bitching at each other across a table in the Ready Room"

>we want the Abhams audience

Even a bad season of Voyager looks better than this dreck.

>sand
>using Rey's outfit
>ship descending into orbit (???)

They're trying to cash in on Star Wars, they're hoping normies will confuse the two

Guarantee it

You have to tune it out in a certain sense and pretend that the future is really integrated and educated and prosperous so there's no reason for the minorities to have a chip on their shoulder

It's all unrealistic because we've got a black country that's been free and independent for 200 years and that country is Haiti

This trailer is shit. They try to combine meaningful dialogue that's been split, and put together over many scenes. Its fucking bad.
How hard is it to put together a fucking trailer that doesn't feel like some 8th grade av student pit it together?

Also, the vulkan lines sound like some fan trek tier shit.

This is gonna fucking fail hard.

>think Sasha's character seems autistic

>five jump cuts later they introduce her Vulcan dad

>prosperous so there's no reason for the minorities to have a chip on their shoulder

But none of the minorities in Star Trek every had a chip on their shoulder because they are minority.

No one cares about if you're black, white, Asian etc in Star Trek.

that "vulcan dad" is Sarek by the way

This really just means it gets canceled after Season 2 instead of the 13th episode

Eh, looks gay...so like any other Star Trek, thou dose JJKlingons...holy shit thats ultra lame.

Stop the Temporal Cold War.

WE

looks like shit

Not if it feels forced

>But none of the minorities in Star Trek every had a chip on their shoulder because they are minority.
Except for Sisko

Sisko is an asshole

Looks like it. Could also explain why the character's name is Michael.

>Vulcan dad, human mom
>mom dies in childbirth
>dad names child after human friend unaware it's supposed to be a boy's name

Why is it forced. This isn't the first time they've had either a woman or a black person as the captain.

WUZ

If they alter the look of the Ferengi we riot.

So Sarek got BLACKED?

KANGONS

>All blue uniforms
>again

for what purpose

It may be wishful thinking, but most of Star Trek's view of the future was. Jeordi and Worf were in my top 5 favorite characters of TNG. They were good characters that happened to be black, not characters whose whole identity revolved around their race or sexual preference. That's a big part of the problem with "diversity" in media we are getting lately.

STAR FLEETZ AN SHEEIT