NEOKOSMOS

Just shilling for this webcomic. It's got sci-fi, aliens, cinematics, and trans representation, and one of its co-creators is Amber Rogers, of Steven Universe fame.

youtube.com/watch?v=5JS8W1NL5nw

Other urls found in this thread:

neo-kosmos.com/page/1
neo-kosmos.com/bonus/homestuck/1
youtube.com/watch?v=NXEb-jxqz1w&list=PLqjXY7MELqs0N4bETDaHKTt0Jyo87454i
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

at least you're honest and upfront about it

Forgot to add the URL: neo-kosmos.com/page/1

WE

WUZ

I thought those were some sort of humanized Steven Universe gems for a moment

Left is cute. Middle is cute. Right looks like Ian Jones-Quartey. This has my approval.

Is this the Homestuck thread?

THE CHRYSTAL

It is now.

SPACE NIGGERS

There was actually a Homestuck bonus last April:
neo-kosmos.com/bonus/homestuck/1

if they WUZ the crystal space niggers, who are they now ??

Is freckles a girl or nah? I wanna know if I'm straight now or not.

A trans girl, so, gay by right-wingers' standard.

>vitiligo
>trans
>steven universe
can it get any worse

>vitiligo character design
it never ends

What the fuck is that stupid Black with white blotches condition and why is tumblr so fucking obsessed with it

This just reeks of tryhard pandering but whatever

I like it already.

shit i thought it was a joke but its literally trying to be homestuck

D I V E R S I T Y ~ ~ *

Also, if anybody is interested in other Steven Universe alumni's work, the webseries 'Doris & Mary-Anne Are Breaking Out Of Prison' by Ben Levin is hilarious:

youtube.com/watch?v=NXEb-jxqz1w&list=PLqjXY7MELqs0N4bETDaHKTt0Jyo87454i

oh theyre steven universe alumni i recognized those nigger lips

LETS JUST BLUDGEON YOU OVER THE HEAD WITH IT AS SOON AS IT BEGINS HUH

>ending is literally "I wuz uhpressed wymin of color"

Cartoons were a mistake.

That is expressly against the global rules, just like reading or posting under the age of 18. Moran.

>"Progressive" position is now promoting restrictive gender roles
I want off this ride.

Shelby Cragg was a pretty big name in the HS community. Overcharges for lazy as fuck comissions, HSG had a fit when her art was canonised.

Only if you were born with a dick though.

>that image
>of Steven Universe fame
You don't say.

That's the joke, you know, it takes place in 1922

That was a punchline, giving the silent character an overly-serious backstory.

It's a decent read, though there are really too many instances of every little motion getting dragged out for 5 pages when they could be communicated in 2. It's a step up from Shelby's last work, at least. The SU influence is a little too heavy, alumni or not. I saw some very specific expressions that I could swear were ripped from the show, and one time I had to remind myself Z wasn't just a humanized Amethyst. The animated bits are really well done, though.

Yeah, not just canonized but commissioned for use in the comic multiple times.

I highly doubt they're getting paid for it, just using "shilled" in jest.

i thought her name was amber rogers what the fuck

they both are cocreators

>3 people to make this garbage

Are you really bootyblasted over one racism joke, set in the 1920s?

Picking from a thread way ago:

It suffers from starting off way WAY too slow.

The Homestuck style introduction ("EXAMINE SURROUNDINGS") only worked in Homestuck because it was trying to emulate a text-based adventure game. The conceit was fitting and even then many people thought it was slow and boring.

Neokosmos doesn't have as compelling a reason to emulate the format so stringently (even if its a format I find clever) and suffers from breaking down its actions too minutely. Its obviously meant to read like story boards or animatics, except story boards have multiple panels arranged to be read left to right and downwards (like a comic) Meanwhile animatics have voice acting. Neokosmos has text that breaks up the flow of the reading experience, which is absolutely unnecessary when depicting small changes in movement/position and time just like post-retcon :^).

Nah we better wait more 30 minutes.

>>>/global11/rules
>11. Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.
You can't advertise your own shit, someone else's shit, or at all by making threads. You have to purchase ad space. That's all we'd have on every board if such a thing were even tolerated. You have to at least pretend you're here to discuss things and not just sell shit to kids and retards.

>there are really too many instances of every little motion getting dragged out for 5 pages when they could be communicated in 2

This right here is the biggest problem. Every single action and conversation seems to drag on forever. You'll get a fairly simple conversation, but at 1 line per page, so it'll last 10 pages.

It's like they're really trying to ape Homestuck but they don't actually know how to pull that off, somehow.

That's called decompression in comics jargon. You should already know that.

Hey buddy, I hope you are aware that "advertising" means you want people to buy shit or to promote a product, saying "Hey, Sup Forums, check out this webcomic" is not a form of marketing communication

Again, they're joking. They're bringing attention to the comic so that other people might become interested in it and discuss it with them after reading it. Referral linking/soliciting/begging would suggest that they're getting something out of the advertisement other than attention for something they enjoy. Knowing the creators of this comic, they wouldn't pay for a Sup Forums shill, so the worst I could see OP being is a troll trying to get people riled up about transgender SU-style characters, which whatever, it'll happen to any thread about this comic anyway.

This was clearly meant to spark interest and discussion for the sake of interest and discussion. Forbidding "hey guys check out this piece of media it's pretty cool, here's some information on it" seems to stretch the definition of the rule you're citing.

Also, consider that you're using vintage comic book panels as avatars unrelated to the content of your post and refer to rule 13 if you're going to be this pedantic.

im reading this and every single one of the characters are black/girl/trans/lesbian god i hate this shit so much thanks op

Homestuck actually took audience participation, so this whole EXAMINE SURROUNDINGS bullshit is completely redundant and is just aping homestuck wholesale because they are unoriginal fucking hacks

And? This comic still utilizes it poorly.

Decompression is a tool, and like any tool, it can be used poorly.

It's also rather a different beast when the comic in question has one panel on every page.

Yes, it is. He's just doing it for free. Which is a low quality thread subject to boot.
>a troll trying to get people riled up about transgender SU-style characters
Also against the global rule #3, one of the big ones. Even if it wasn't shilling, it would be trolling outside Sup Forums.

I just tried to give this a read and the stupid ass text adventure bullshit is so pointless. The cause of actions and how long they fucking take for anything to come from them is aggravating. And now I get this massive text dump chat log. Im already done with this crap.

OP here. Evidently, I haven't been paid. I'm not trying to get a rise out of people, so I'm not trolling, but I do find fascinating the opinion of this particular corner of the Internet on thoroughly progressive media.

Aren't things like this better suited for a META thread, though? I don't know much about Sup Forums etiquette.

I know trolling is against the rules, that's why I cited it as the worst I could see the OP being. It's a major assumption to think that OP is trolling.

And you're still using avatars.

Totally fair. I quit pretty early on in my first read (since Apothecia was terrible) but gave it a second try when I was bored and the logs went by more quickly than I expected. It's actually pretty good when the action ramps up.

We do that on Sup Forums all the time, though. A drawfag or 3 take or make a thread, and draw a comic out of it. There's a whole board for it now even.

>is not a form of marketing communication
>Yes, it is.
I don't think you have to pay to read this comic, there isn't even advertisement on the page itself

>>>>""progressive""

memes aside, you should lurk more before posting.

Just so everyone knows this namefag is a gimmick poster who posts deliberately bad opinions.