“I am a Jedi, like my father before me”

>“I am a Jedi, like my father before me”

30 years later

>"It's time for the Jedi to end"

What's his problem

Having your primary fapping hand replaced with a gruesome metal claw can change a man

He found out something about the origin of the Jedi that caused him to lose faith and Kylo Ren to defect.

Optimism in the writing back when it was a simple straightforward space fantasy story.

Now we live in a fairly cynical post-modernist society with a star wars that has become a massive cultural behemoth with so many books, comics, video games, spin-offs, prequels etc that its just fucking oversaturated. So, to do something that's engaging or interesting you have to be subversive. Straightforward optimism isn't going to cut it anymore.

Jedi are destined to keep getting wiped out

Might as well wipe it out for good

I hope Nu Luke is as interesting as Kreia

>He found out something about the origin of the Jedi that caused him to lose faith and Kylo Ren to defect.

Like the Jedi being a cult bent on kidnapping children, indoctrinating them with radical ideology and inhuman values, and turning them into child soldiers, all the while having absolutely no tolerance for any other religion utilizing the Force?

Anakin was right. The Jedi are evil.

They're bringing him down just to bring him back up, user. It's obvious that Rey's relationship with Luke will be restoring his faith and helping him remember his old ideals.

Luke will bring about the true balance to the force. it was his father's destiny.

Yeah, how dare the Jedi use their powers for good. Everybody should just sit on their asses and do nothing, that's what true good guys do with their lives.

You sound like a faggot.

Who are you quoting? that's not what I said. Now try again without putting words in my mouth.

who decides what is "good"?

>The Jedi are evil.

Your words. You're bellyaching about how Jedi had the nuts to stand up against the dark side, and in your mind that makes them evil. I'm not buying it.

In the Star Wars universe? Certainly not Sheev.

>and in your mind that makes them evil

No, that's not why they're evil. The methods they use to stand against the "dark side" (which isn't necessarily good) are what makes them evil.

not the poster you are quoting, but it is weird that he describes what the Jedi do and you say he is calling them evil.

the republic does though?

It's a quote taken out of context put into a misleading trailer to spark controversy and buzz about the movie. Judging by how they did the Rogue One trailer, there's a chance that scene won't even be in the movie.

Mark looks really good

>Like the Jedi being a cult bent on kidnapping children,

Jedi don't do this, inb4 you start pulling some EU bullshit

>indoctrinating them with radical ideology and inhuman values

Radical moderation, lmao.

>and turning them into child soldiers,

You're talking about kids with special powers that can kill people if they're misused. Thus they require training to keep their impulses in check. Might as well complain about having to go to school

>all the while having absolutely no tolerance for any other religion utilizing the Force?

Have you seen what the Sith do when their power isn't checked?

He literally said the Jedi were evil, that's not me putting words in his mouth. those are words that he himself typed out

muh democracy

Hello, Samuel L. Jackson

>He literally said the Jedi were evil,
I don't think you know what the word literal means

oh really

>Anakin was right. The Jedi are evil.

I don't think you know what it means.

Dude, what the Jedi were doing was not healthy, and led to their eventual downfall, that's the lesson that Luke learns in return of the Jedi, when he embraces his emotions and spares Anakin.

Mate that's just pathetic. Have you watched the prequels? the Jedi at their best were a cult that ruled the galaxy with inhuman values and zero tolerance, which is what eventually led to their demise, when Anakin realized what monsters they were.

Sparing Vader is the Jedi way m8

The force is a brutal and uncaring god that brought a madman to power and indirectly killed millions of people, all to set up a situation where it can attain "balance".
>mfw Luke is the second coming of Kreia

Bad writing of a continuation of a story that had already ended.

>What's his problem
Kathleen Kennedy.

>the Jedi at their best were a cult that ruled the galaxy

More like a caste of warrior monks, they didn't dictate policy or legislate for the people. that's what the republic was for.

>inhuman values

Moderation, controlling your emotions, and democracy are inhuman values???

Aliens are bound by human moral codes?????

>which is what eventually led to their demise

Sheev being a manipulative and extremely powerful cunt is what destroyed the Jedi

>when Anakin realized what monsters they were.

Then he killed a bunch of innocent younglings

a normal Jedi would have also spared Vader's life and brought him to jail or something. What Anakin did to Dooku in ROTS was part of his transition to the Dark Side.

This thread a repost of the Germany destroying itself one.

>they didn't dictate policy or legislate for the people. that's what the republic was for.

Except that once they republic got a leader that they didn't like, they decided to arrest him.

>Moderation, controlling your emotions, and democracy are inhuman values???

They don't preach moderation, they preach having NO EMOTIONS and no attachments, which is completely fucked up for humans (which they are).

Bad writing

>All fucking Jedi must fucking hang
I thought this movie was for kids?

Sounds like he's exactly a Jedi like his father before him.

Well, his father did do a pretty solid job of ending the Jedi back when he was one...

>Stop, invincible Jedi.

>Except that once they republic got a leader that they didn't like, they decided to arrest him.

Who, Sheev? Are you for real?

>They don't preach moderation, they preach having NO EMOTIONS and no attachments, which is completely fucked up for humans

rewatch the prequels and understand why emotional attachments are bad for Jedi

>(which they are).

I want to say prove it, but I honestly can't remember if they ever used the term "human" or not

>Except that once they republic got a leader that they didn't like, they decided to arrest him.
They went to arrest palpatine because they figured out he was the sith lord in charge of the separatists, and that ultimately he was playing both sides of the war.

He simply realizes that the only way to balance the force is to balance the light & dark, logic & emotion within, any extremes on one side will merely produce extremes on the other side. Extreme fanatical Jedi produce the most extreme & destructive Sith.

>mfw Kylo Ren is Leto Atreides

When he switched to left...

He switched away from the light side...

Hamil's too old, man.

You know as well as I do, as well as we all do, that he is going to make Rey the jedi to end all jedi, and the subsequent eye-rolling from fans will throw our planet's orbit out of alignment.

I doubt they would make him go into seclusion in the story just to be another disillusioned Yoda, it looks like he's been busy the entire time trying to research some shit & come up with some answers especially since his academy got fucked.