Witcher series Coming to NETFLIX

NEW THREAD

>Andrzej Sapkowski, the author of the books, will serve as a creative consultant. Said Sapkowski of the series:

>I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing.

Also being directed by the guy that made the "A Night to Remember" trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=xt_65k-gv1U

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-movie-coming-in-2017-from-the-mummy-pr/1100-6432017/
strawpoll.me/12987927
youtube.com/watch?v=7AbUdQHvPNk
youtube.com/watch?v=tDfa1Qp2SwA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ENDLESS TRASH

>Sapkowski
Great, bitter old drunk fool is on board.

>vidyashit
When will they ever learn

Can't wait for the salty Trissfag tears.

Friendly reminder that this is the one and only Sup Forums approved cast.

Cast him

>Inb4 "waah vidya is for kids"
This will be based on books that were written long before games.

>Waah it's Netflix so half of cast will be black
The script and all already exist. They will just transfer it from movie to show format. This is still produced by Mummy guys and Bagiński. Netflix will just throw some extra bucks.

gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-movie-coming-in-2017-from-the-mummy-pr/1100-6432017/

Daily reminder that Geralt x Yen is the best and canon romance.

the Witcher is a book series

Sapkowski wants that GRRM fame and money

>The script and all already exist
What does that have to do with the skin color of the characters?

WE WUZ WITCHERS N SHIT inc

Fuck that old fart, they should get CDPR on board instead.
It will be a disaster and fans of the games will be disappointed.

He pretty much all but disowned the games though, and the games didn't do anything particularly bad to the books.

uhh i have all 3 games sitting in my steam library right now bro

This. They should just adapt the games and ignore the non canon books.

The fact that Bagiński is not a cuck who would hire black actors just to appease SJWs.

i hope Ciri gets blacked

Here's your Ciri, enjoy

Indeed they are but I understand why people who have only played the games might think differently because of how little of a role she had in the first two games

He deserve it. The Witcher books >>>>>>>> ASOIAF

I bet he regret not accepting a royalties deal back in the days

Yennefer

You say that now, just wait until black people start showing up to auditions and shit and he can't turn them down because that would be discrimination. At very least they'll be black extras in every other crowd scene

>show about a book where the protagonist gets supercucked

No thanks

dijkstra

or Emhyr var Emreis

I don't think people understand this series is not being made in America. Netflix is only airing it and putting money on it.

Let's settle this

strawpoll.me/12987927

Yeah, just look at all these blacks in Hobbit.

>Andrzej Sapkowski, the author of the books, will serve as a creative consultant.
And its ruined from the get go.

heres for hoping my nigga regis will show up

Money decides what happens. Netflix has full right to veto any decision their lackeys make.

I love how theres no Marvel/Disney flicks on that, now iconic jaypeg by the makers of Space Cop.

youtube.com/watch?v=7AbUdQHvPNk

Apparently CDPR offered him literally every chance to be involved and he wanted nothing to do with it.

Honestly Yennefer looks a lot worse in the books. She's fucked nigh on every man in the setting like Crach an Craite, possibly Emyhr and a lot of the sorcerors. Apparently the result of endless youth is turbosluts.

oh, happy day

Pat is such a fucking pleb...and he always misunderstands shit.

will it be kino, or another meme show taylor made for reddit?

youtube.com/watch?v=tDfa1Qp2SwA

the guy is an old bitter racist man.
at least that guarantees that political correctness and diversity will not be important.

Azar Javed

nah shes too old now....elle fanning would work, I think and Mads as Geralt though he would have to get in better shape

>Triss 50%
>Other 50%
>Yennefer 0%

BTFO

>book ciri
>grown
is this just ironic shitposting or are people literally stupid?

I can't wait to see Ciri whimper and gasp for air as she is being BLACKED by a BBC so big her eyes roll back in her head on the big screen.

It's going to establish itself as pivotal moment in the Witcher series and be remembered for decades to come

uhh i have all 8 books sitting in my virtual book shelf right now bro

seek help

Just a reminder Ciri is a dyke in the books. And there's NO WAY they will give it any kind of ambivalence or third dimension in the series.

>Mads Mikkelson in early stages of talks to sign a 2 season $7m deal.

Dandelion

Yall niggas know that platige images never did a real live action piece right? It will be look like the witcher 3 trailers.

is gonna be gay

is this /trans/?

I really can't see whats your issue here...

Right...have everybody speak perfect english and then enter Mads word vomiting his horrible broken '''''''''english''''''' all over them.

Dandelion fucks traps, so...

Bridget Regan as Yennefer please.

Also:

Scarlett Johansson as Ves
Emma Stone as Triss
Emma Roberts as Ciri

kys

>Netflix is only airing it and putting money on it

The real golden rule. He that has the gold, makes the rules.

Get ready for nigger Geralt. Aww hells naw! Naw I sayen?

They didn't fuck though, did they?

>johansson
>stone

yeah i'm sure those top grossing A-list actors will do a fucking tv video game series fucking lmfao

IIRC they did

It's Netflix+EU money.

CHARLIE HUNNAM FOR GERALT

JESUS CHRIST

Nigga the real cast will be 'literal who's'

Give your homolust a rest fagboy, the man simply can't help his broken english.

They tried to give him a great deal and he basically said no thanks and fucked himself over. now he is amazingly rump ruptured over the games being so popular, I would imagine a tv series is going to be very awkward if he is heavily involved as he will do everything he can to spite them.

Thats the best they could do tbqh.

>The Witcher as envisioned by Jewish American producers
someone needs to be hanged for this.

WE NEED TO GET SWORDS OUT OF KAER MORHEN
SET UP A PIPELINE WITH WHITE WOLF AND EXPECT BLOWBACK FROM BLACK ONES

Which books did you read?

Ciri gets grabbed by some bandits and molested by one of the female ones. Hardly makes her a dyke considering she's like 14 when it happens, and is more afraid of what the male bandits will do to her if she doesn't at least pretend she prefers women.

Its not molestation ifs he wants it too.

>tfw excited but positive it'll be butchered because literally every female character except for Ciri is a bitch and/or whore and the sjws won't allow such negative portrayals of all the strong wymynz

This. Or a woman pretending to be a man. Or a man pretending to be a woman pretending to be a man.

>S1
The Last Wish
>S2
Events leading to Thanedd Coup
>S3
Witcher 1
>S4
Witcher 2 Roche path
>S5
Velen and Novigrad
>S6
Skellige and end of Witcher 3
>S7
Vlodimir Kino

>basically skipping half the series between to two seasons

I love how neckbeards like you completely dissregard her relationship with Mistle...

Yeah it's obvious she's not really interested in women, and is just swayed by the situation and the discovery of sexuality. But do you really believe they will go for that angle when they can just go full progressive?

>Roche path
kill yourself rochefag

terrible

Jesus mang, you reek of waifufaggot.
Try to actually read the stuff instead of getting your info from Sup Forums

t. elf

I only want him to do witcher stuff hunting monsters an going in the countriside.
fuck big arch stories

Nice argument. /u/ is the other way.

All women are bisexual, whats there to debate?

Why do people always seem to overlook the fact that the books end with Ciri in King Arthur land craving that one knight's dick?

True. The short stories were better than the Ciri saga in my opinion.

merchant of mirrors

Thats an understatement.
I would consider Ciri saga a waste of time.

>THE WITCHER Saga on Netflix

>Netflix is developing and producing a new English language drama series based on The Witcher, the globally popular fantasy saga from Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski, that has entranced legions of fans worldwide. Known collectively as the Witcher Saga, Sapkowski’s eight novels and story collections center on "witchers" -- hunters who develop supernatural abilities at a young age to battle deadly monsters. The New York Times bestselling books have spawned a major video game franchise and have been translated into over 20 languages.

>“Andrzej Sapkowski has created a rich and memorable world, at once magical and familiar,” said Erik Barmack, Netflix Vice President, international series. “We couldn’t be more excited about bringing Netflix members around the world.” “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing,” said Sapkowski. “I’m excited about our efforts together, as well as the team assembled to shepherd these characters to life.” Andrzej Sapkowski will serve as a creative consultant on the series.

>“The Witcher stories follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world,” said Sean Daniel and Jason Brown. “The characters are original, funny and constantly surprising and we can’t wait to bring them to life at Netflix, the perfect home for innovative storytelling.”

>Added Platige Image’s Tomek Baginski and Jarek Sawko: "There is a moral and intellectual depth in these books which goes beyond genre. It is a story about today and today’s challenges, hidden under a fantasy cover. It is a story about us, about the monster and the hero inside all of our hearts.”

t. traitor

games aren't canon senpai

Not with her jaw taking up two thirds of the screen.

TW2 would probably be better off as the first half of a season and then the gap between TW2 and 3 would be the second half, there really wasn't all that much going down in TW2, it's a short game with a very short story that acts as nothing more than a setup for TW3.

>Has elves and dwarves as obvious analogues for Jews and colonized people and shit
>Netflix will still want to fill it with fucking blacks
As soon as they start casting a bunch of black people I'm out

Fuck this trite shit, what happened to the Castlevania series !?

Some of the stuff from the Ciri saga would be bretty gud. The Battle of Brenna for one, or at least the scene where Dandelion's executioner refuses to behead him because he won't forgive the poor man for killing him.

the bad dude from the first dlc

Yeah for sure, it also brought us characters like Regis and Bonhart. I was always interested whenever they were on page.

There are no bad dudes in the first DLC tho