Heroes

Can you elaborate on why do you like Heroes so much Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=__OAU2aCZ4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

at least my heroes don't get betrayed by their wives you weeb!!!!!

They inspire us to be better.

To quote someone else

>We need fairy tales not to tell us that dragons exist
>but that they can be defeated

?

And i'm pretty sure the mc getting cucked is normal for western comics.

Is this an Sup Forums vs Sup Forums thing?

Why would you think that

Because reality is shit

I don't. I'm biased towards the villain.
They're often more interesting and proactive.

Because I like morally good people

>Hitler
>Caligula
>Darkseid
Who are the others?

But Emiya.

Aren't you a hero?

That's the point.

I think the girl in the front is Elizabeth Bathory, but I'm not sure on the rest.

fuck... now I cant answer, I dont know why I still read american superheroes, fate made me question a lot of things about heroes and heroism.

They're fun to read about.
Don't take it so seriously.

You need to really work on being less easily influenced then.
Fate's got a lot of heavy character stuff but it's only a super deep revelatory thing if you literally never have thought for yourself at all.

Shirou's just a simple deconstruction of the Male Harem Shounen Hero archetype and he's only notable because Japan hardly deconstructs ANYTHING when it comes to character archetypes because it massively relies on very simplistic archetypes to tell a lot of their stories.

its not about it, its when archer was speaking about being an ally of justice after saving the cat. Why does heroes exist? Why would someone in marvel universe live in NY when that city is crowded with lots of danger? Why would Kamala be a hero? Being a hero sucks ass, but in Marvel Universe its almost like a hobby, its rarely aproached how being a hero is destructive for you and the others around you.

I think the last issue of Ms. Marvel triggered me hard about this, she fucks up the whole city and her brother's marriage when she clones herself, then Iron Man and Cap Marvel arrives, gives her a hug and its done, like never happened, no responsabilities, nothing, just a hug and its over.

From the words of the Hero of Justice:
"People die when they are killed"

wiser words have never been spoken

Even if you are right it doesn't mean you are correct

I think that's Pol Pot next to Darkseid, and is probably right about Bathory

Would Daniel Webster win with these guys as the jury?

Despite the odds, they always find a way to win. I personally think that it's true in life too; problems which seem difficult can be solved through hard work and determination, and by strengthening the gifts you already have.

They remind me of my older brother and I miss him.

What is your best memory about him?

spoilered for faggotry:

I once wanted to do kind of a capeshit-style Fate story where Shirou was an aspiring hero who turned into his Emiya Archer persona with other heroic spirits forming sort of a Justice League. Shirou was also one of only two heroes who had a decent hero disguise. The other being Sakura into Rider and that's because Rider basically possessed her.

To answer the OP: it's because I'm goddamn moral fag who likes to think justice can prevail.

Is this why Marvel citizens hate their heroes? I'd love to live in Metropolis despite the threat of danger because I will always trust Superman to save the day. Spiderman, on the other hand, will probably get me killed by getting the bad guys even more angry with his jokes.

What is Fate even about?

well, there is fate grand order, you (master) and yours servants help some organization to save the timelines from some other servants.

fate stay night is about magicians, what is heroism (wanting to be a hero, idealism vs realism and stopping being a hero for the ones you love), waifus and magic battles, also, lots of hours reading

>he's never seen fate/zero

youtube.com/watch?v=__OAU2aCZ4M

That's the inherent paradox of superheroes.

A hero only has worth in times of crisis. In order for a superhero's existence to be consistently justified, there must always be a crisis. Why do people live in New York City? Why do people live in Metropolis? Those cities are constantly exposed to danger and it's not even like it's cheap to live there, so why are they so densely populated in their respective universe to this day?

Taking Scarlet Spider into account, Houston didn't even HAVE any catastrophes that required superhero intervention until Kaine came along.

I mean, let's take Batman for instance. Prior to Batman, Gotham was degenerate as fuck, run by the mob, corrupt cops everywhere, it was shit. But now, can you really say it's that much better? Joker, Two-Face, Owls. It was bad before Batman and it's worse now.
Superman. Before he came to Metropolis, it was a shining beacon that represented the best parts of America. Sure Lex is an asshole, but he was relatively tame compared to now. After Superman moved in, supervillains up the wazoo and Lex evolved from a corrupt corporation owner to a man who commits countless atrocities in every issue in which he appears.

Superheroes didn't always exist in either of these universes, or if they did, they weren't that powerful or they didn't come in very large quantities. For both Marvel and DC, the last one or two in-universe decades saw a huge boom in superhero activity, and this also means a huge increase in supervillain activity as well. The villains couldn't have come BEFORE the heroes, else they would have brought the world to ruin in the heroes' absence.

So here's what it ultimately comes down to: the world does not need superheroes. The fact that constant enforced justification is required for their continued presence is proof of that.

But who cares? They're cool. That's why we love them. No sarcasm meant by that.

An addendum:

Archer is a key example of this phenomenon. He was a superhero who lived in a world that did not require superheroes. He was like a Batman without a Joker or Ra's Al Ghul. He was like a Superman without a Lex or Darkseid. He was a superhero who fought things that did not necessarily require superhero intervention. Yet he also did not have the power to solve all crises either, much like traditional superheroes like Superman or Spider-Man. It's not as if Superman can solve world hunger, or cure all diseases, or stop all war. Even Reed Richards who, for all intents and purposes, should probably be able to do those things, consistently failed to do so. Archer was a superhero who had just enough power to help, but not enough power to change the status quo of the world. Not even Archer was able to justify his own existence. And since no one could understand him or his reasons for doing what he did, he was rejected and destroyed by the very people he tried to save.

Because People die when they are shot!

You never read comic books don't you?

Another problem with superheroes is that they must ultimately fail in their objectives. If a hero's job is to protect the peace and safety of the people, then it is something that they will never be allowed to succeed at. Because if they did succeed, then there would be no more point to them.

For instance, Batman has his no-kill rule. He will never kill the Joker, or Ra's, or anyone. Thus, those threats will always exist and Batman will never truly be able to stop them. On the flipside, you have the Punisher, who has no such rule, but because he is just one man with limited power or ability, he will never be able to kill all criminals. For every criminal he kills, two more will pop up in their place. It doesn't matter how many lives he takes, the Punisher will never, EVER succeed.

The same goes for Superman, Iron Man, Captain America, Green Lantern, even the Flash. It doesn't matter how powerful you are. It doesn't matter whether you're willing to kill or not. A superhero cannot be allowed to succeed, for success would ultimately mean cancelling out their own worth.

No, it's excuse to post Sup Forums content on Sup Forums.

The first route is the greatest arthurian love story ever told
The second route is great story about heroism
the third one is a boring piece of crap until the end when it become really cool

Heroism is hard to explain, to me is about the message behind the "heroic" action, like that doesn't matter how much evil try to success, good will always prevail, and how that affect people, how the people that is being saved learn about that and continue in life with hope, with no only willing to live, but doing the things that want, that the same person that was once saved help another person in another situation heroism should be infectious

If someone hasn't seen the fate franchise, stop linking to zero right off the bat you goddamn secondary.

It covers a hidden war between 7 mages with the Holy Grail being the ultimate prize. It's got some decent worldbuilding, some fun powerlevel bullshit with famous heroes fighting each other, and good action in general. You can snag a torrent for the vn off most torrent sites, I'd recommend it if you have the time.

a VN, the franchise from which it was born has tried over the years to distance itself from its eroge roots.

Long story short, it's essentially about magicians summoning spirits of history or literary heroes and having them fight to attain the Holy Grail, which can grant the winner any wish whatsoever. That's the initial premise behind every entry. Also, there's a lot of magic-babble; LOTS of it.

Speaking of heroes, who is the Plutonian of Sup Forums?

>a VN, the franchise from which it was born has tried over the years to distance itself from its eroge roots.
no it fucking hasn't

waifus are what it runs off of

there is no shame felt by type moon about it at all

Just a random asshole? I honestly cannot think of someone that just decided to be bad after being good. Japan really isn't into that sort of thing.

traitor whore

>just decided to be bad after being good
That is not what happened

Yeah, well, 'psychotic break because he was an unstable narcissist all along' really doesn't roll off the tongue that well.

Heroes don't die, even if you kill them.

There's a part in Avengers Infinity where Cap says the point of heroes is to make more heroes.

The feels I felt on that day were unexpected.

Eroge means a game with sexual content. A lack of sexual content does not mean people won't like the characters. If anything, sexual content correlates negatively with character popularity.

IIRC a new all-ages version of F/sn was made later and has effectively superceded the original.

This is not true. The ultimate goal of a superhero is to stop being one. This is why Saitama's "hero for fun" isn't that strong of a motivation. Heroes WANT to become unneeded because that means they've won. No more crime, no more injustice.

Prior to Batman, Gotham was a horrible place to live. Crime and corruption everywhere, you were living in constant fear and the cops wouldn't care. Now, there may be villains but they don't attack as often. They will be in jail most of the time, the cops will actually help you, and the businesses aren't as corrupt. Batman was a net positive.

One man can't do everything. That's why teams of superheroes exist. Not only that, but the heroes also work with humans to improve lives on a grand scale. The Legion of Superheroes future proves that things can and will get better, even if there are still bad guys to fight.

Why doesn't Alexander the Great win every fight then?

Because reality>dreams

Why are the Japanese so pseudo-intellectual when it comes to this kind of stuff? The comments section is even worse lol.

Nobody liked Heroes after Season 1 dude.

Heroes Reborn was literally the worst thing on TV in 2015/16, and that includes reality TV.

Good question

Raoh from Fist of the North Star maybe?

I think the guy in the suit of armor in the front is either Gilles de Rais or Vlad the Impaler

After looking at it again its got to be Gilles