Cartoon Network

So their upfront is tomorrow. What are your expectations for announcements/renewals?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7H5UHRlo1k
youtube.com/watch?v=vbWfPYVZ9t4
turner.com/pressroom/turner-comes-2016-17-upfront-powerful-brand-portfolio-and-bold-moves
deadline.com/2016/05/turner-upfront-presentation-2016-live-blog-1201758740/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not an apology for nuPPG.

Steven Universe canceled

Galactic Kids Next Door in the vein of PPG 2016

Swat Kats
In the style of Teen Titans Go

duh, more PPG reboot and other reboots for other shows.

New original not shitty flash animation from Canada style series
New partners with ???
Nothing of actual value

The Ben 10 reboot.

ReBoot reboot premiering on Toonami in 2018 after DBZ Kai finishes

Lakewood Plaza Turbo

Well Steven Universe and UG already got "renewed" this year, even though its really just episode shuffling. And they fucked over Uncle Grandpa by canning it. Steven Universe is absolutely here to stay, judging from last Thursday's ratings. Might get an actual season renewal this time.

Adventure Time and Regular Show might get renewed for a smaller, maybe final season.

Clarence, Gumball, and We Bare Bears will probably get new seasons. Absolutely a new season for YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW, TTG. Might be too soon to tell for PPG, though. They removed all primetime reruns for that, even a rerun of last week's episode that SHOULD be airing at 6:45pm on Thursdays. Oh yeah, PPG moves to 6:30pm and Clarence and Gumball swap places on "Yoursday" this week.

CN might hype up a new rebrand (a new promo shows some kind of redesign thats kinda a mix of the 3d-ness of check it 1.0 and the colorful icons of check it 4.0)

Probably gonna keep Pokemon, Transformers, LEGO, Peanuts, and Sonic Boom as licensed stuff. Maybe more stuff for Boomerang, but I don't think they have any fucking clue what they're doing with that network.

Turner might announce that cable-free streaming service that includes CN and AS. Wish it has some classic cartoon streaming stuff since Boomerang is fucked up.

All new episodes of all shows will be aired exclusively in the "bomb" format.

they're gonna renew almost everything that made money to make more money until it stops making money

prove me wrong or say i'm right

Jesus fuck SUfags are fucking retarded

12 Forever miniseries.

they are gonna try to push nuPPG trying to convince us that is worth watching

already are
they're calling it and TTG YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOWS
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7H5UHRlo1k

You are right.

Who are these tough badass men in your pic related though? Can they take down my pic related?

pathetic

it's obvious they'r gonna try to push nuPPG they will never accept that is shit but didn't they change airing schedule is that a sing that the reboot is hetting bad results?

>it's obvious they'r gonna try to push nuPPG they will never accept that is shit

They don't care that it's shit, as long as it prints money with toy sales like TTG, it will stay.

You anti-SUfags suffering is amusing to me

>CN will never learn that greenlighting good shows will get them more money than shitty reboots

>PPG will have at least two seasons, but will "stay on the radar" for ratings and a long-term course of action
>Lakewood Plaza Turbo will be a miniseries of shorts played every so often, only with a few episodes at all

Nothing else of relevance.

What good shows are there to greenlight?

>Steven Universe is absolutely here to stay, judging from last Thursday's ratings. Might get an actual season renewal this time.
Leave it to rock lovers to make a big deal out of below 2 million viewers. Not even teh highest ratings of the year.

It's inevitable isn't, the nuPPG is gonna make money through toys and CN gonna keep making episodes

I mean if kids like it then sure. As much as I hate TTG though, it has nuPPG on the advantage that its very much its own thing and kids don't need to watch the original TT cartoon to get the majority of the jokes.

nuPPG's a reboot but not really and a lot of the "humor" present either falls flat on its face or relies on prior knowledge on the old series which kids won't get.

Hopefully itll just fall flat on its face and fail but we shouldn't underestimate the power of flashing colors on TV has on the kiddies.

>Steven Universe is absolutely here to stay, judging from last Thursday's ratings. Might get an actual season renewal this time.
You're a fucking idiot.
>Adventure Time and Regular Show might get renewed for a smaller, maybe final season.
AT has a movie in the works dumbass, they ain't gonna cancel it anytime soon.

What is "upfront." Where do I go to watch this, who is announcing this?

>Adventure Time and Regular Show might get renewed for a smaller, maybe final season.
and here's where I stopped reading
you have no clue what you're talking about

Different user, but you have to agree AT and RS are getting up there in age. They're tired, old shows that no longer have the heart they used to.

SU will likely get another season, but as a story driven cartoon hopefully Rebecca Sugar knows when to cap it.

Of the three middling shows (Clarence, WBB, Gumball) they'll likely all get renewals, but isn't Gumball trying to wrap up and Clarence's creator dealing with sexual harassment charges?

The shit- TTGO is here to stay. PPG will either be pushed harder or quietly shoveled under the rug.

I do really hope CN picks up a new action/story driven cartoon. SU is fun and all, but being so girly and crying and singing makes bridging the gender gap hard.

Disappointment

I'd even take that, you know.

I'd even take that.

>AT tired
user the show is still putting out quality episodes. I'm guessing you stopped watching but still feel your opinions are relavent.

fuck me over with replies i don't care
i want a season 9 for regular show

This season is twisting the status quo at the finale, and season 8 is going to be like a complete different series, if they ever do come back down to the original format, I want to have it be there.

>inb4 post the wedding scene
It's funny because that was the worst episode and the lowest point ever in the show's history, and it quickly fixed itself

>I do really hope CN picks up a new action/story driven cartoon.

There's one coming up in Justice League Action.

The new Justice League cartoon will probably get formally announced.

Could be neat but I don't think that's story-driven

I think I was 15 when the show started airing 6 years ago. I've kinda grown up with it in that time, never hated an episode to where I wouldn't watch it. Skip scenes sure, but even Dumped At The Altar had a few good bits like Muscle Dad's letter, Rigby being supportive throughout, and some really nice ending music that reminded me of the end of Steak Me Amadeus, complete with Rigby sympathizing with Mordecai.

I want a 9th season, but it's not looking too good. Whenever you do a status quo switch up in a cartoon like this and as big as JG is saying it will be, it seems like a final run through the show.

It's worth mentioning that
A)A writer on Season 8 said they finished last week / the week before on writing it, and she said she wasn't sure if it's the series finale or not. That implies the finale of Season 8 could be written normal like them getting the Dome stuff straightened out, or just something episodic or like a regular half hour villain special

B) JG said the finale is something you can only do when you've gone for 7 seasons, that feels like he believes it's been a fuck ton of episodes, which it kinda has been, is he ready to call it off?

Tomorrow / today is going to be a giant nightmare

>New partners with ???

It was announced earlier in the year.

But it is an action show, so that's a start.

It's a press release of the network's plans for 2016-17

Just google "Cartoon Network" tomorrow and stuff should come up

This

expecting nothing too interesting honestly
im really hoping for a G:KND greenlight but there's a snowballs chance in hell that'll happen
most likely some renewals and possibly another mini series

>It's funny because that was the worst episode and the lowest point ever in the show's history, and it quickly fixed itself

Hey that's great and all, but I'm still going to post it.

youtube.com/watch?v=vbWfPYVZ9t4

This too.

I love this show by the way, still do. Not sure how that dome shit's going to go down though but man is it easy to make fun of it when it hits these lows.

Yea, I like the show to but it's fun to tear it apart for it's fucking shit moments.

>that time i invited you both to the same... movie...

N-ninth season for AT?

>and Clarence's creator dealing with sexual harassment charges?
You don't follow news.

All they (the Clarence team) did was tell Skyler to fuck off, put his name in the remaining episodes he voiced, then replaced him.

Clarence has nothing to do with him now.

Something tells me CN thinks NuPPG is going fantastic because of all of the Internet uproar about it.

They just don't care that it's bad uproar.

Not him, and I knew this happened, but I haven't really followed the show since.
Hows it been doing lately?

There are a lot of kid's on the site using the avatar option and choosing PPG, and talking about how awesome it is. If they do listen to Sup Forums or reddit or even tumblr blogs, they probably don't take it seriously. I think it's more direct that they listen to, their site users, some of their video comments, and especially those articles

A bunch of (wo)manchildren on the internet complaining won't matter. It NEVER matters. All that matters is ratings.

Companies don't care what people are saying if it doesn't affect their profits. So few people seem to grasp that concept.

>Something tells me CN thinks NuPPG is going fantastic because of all of the Internet uproar about it.
They do. I had my TV on CN last night and they were running an ad for new PPG and new TTG airing back-to-back. The slogan was "Your two favorite shows together!"

So they honestly believe NuPPG is a massive success.

Have you seen the girl that sent in her video for Yoursday where kids faces are put over a scene? Fucking blossom

I'm confused as to why everyone keeps saying SU is going to get canceled.

If it's because they don't like gay rocks then why don't they just filter out Steven Universe or hide the threads?

I mean, I don't like TTGO so I hide those threads whenever they pop up. It's not that hard. Do some people not have fingers? Is it difficult to not say mean things?

because shitposting

stupid fucking tripfag

Ooops, didn't mean to trigger you there buddy.

Steven universe getting canceled and season 3 being the last of it.

all my hopes and dreams.

wabbit reboot

A ghostbusters animated tv show with the cast from the new movie

Sup Forums, go away

More We Bare Bears, really. I like the show.

More revivals of shows nobody cared about to generate buzz from the YouTube channels of 20+-year olds who review kid cartoons for revenue.

There are no shows left to revive that no one cared about, the rest still have some sort of following.

Drawfags will be itching on their tablets.

MY BODY IS READY

Watch your back, a new reboot is coming. One you won't believe.

I don't believe you.

More news on Justice League Action?

It's the mother of all reboots. Bad ones that is.

My expectations are very low
I just want them to get more shows, and get their shit together.
Like what the fuck is even going on anymore?
We had shows like Scooby-Doo and Bunnicula stay on the network for less than a month and they move to Boomerang instantly.
Their shows are less than half and hour and it becomes a huge event when they air episodes consistently for 4 weeks.
It's basically the TTG & friends network, a show I have no particular beef with, but it's annoying that its playing a majority of the time when I switch to CN.
Then god forbid you like a show that isn't TTG, otherwise get ready for hiatuses up the ass.

You want expectations?
They announce a date for Lakewood Plaza to air and maybe some more shows.
An action show to fucking gives a break from the comedy .
New shows that don't consist of lazy animation and twig arms/thin outlines.
Fucking cancel nuPPG after season one is done.
They get their shit together and have a bunch of episodes air consistently rather than only airing for a couple weeks then stopping.
But none of this will happen.
Fuck CN, I dont know why I bother watching TV anymore, it's fucking dead.

>Lakewood Plaza turbo release
>An action show that doesn't air in the morning and/or in the noon when no one is at home
>Shows with characters that aren't having bean mouths or flat artstyle
>announce plans for Galactic KND
>more info on Justice League Action

Only expectations

what are the chances we get news on lakewood plaza OK one hit KO turbo go: the next generation?

i want more goddamn miniseries. they dropped the ball after OTGW.

please almighty TV god give me Ben 10

where did that scooby and wAbbit show go?

OVER THE GARDEN WALL 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

>where did that scooby and wAbbit show go?

Sent to Boomerang to die a silent death.

when is it? stream?

they just released more scooby episodes a few months ago

gumball has been spammed there a lot recently

Mighty Magiswords is getting a full series, as is Lakewood Plaza under its new name. That came out months ago, but has yet to be formally announced.

Please god make LPT a full show

Please god cancel PPG

Please god give us more cartoons that are actually good and not just AT/RS 2.0

Amen.

I do not want that magiswords thing to get a show.....

>WAH STOP BEING MEAN
Tumblr is that way

at least it's something that isn't a reboot

>rebooting every McCracken show in the form of nuPPG and TTG.

NOOOOTHIIIIIIIIIING

It went batshit crazy for a while and became incredibly surreal for like 20 episodes, but the second season has been as good as, if not better than the first half of the first season.

To tell us more about that NuPPG/TTG crossover.

To give PPG two more seasons.

they will probably buy the rights to air a couple more Canadian cartoons.

I'm expecting PPG to either be pushed harder or quietly tucked away, it hasn't exactly had the best ratings for a new show TTGo to get another season, along with Clarence and WBB, and RS to either get renewed for one more season or cancelled they've had generally poor ratings lately.

With AT getting a movie and SU not having been back long enough to really gauge ratings, I don't expect much from them outside of maybe some merchandise announcements.

I'd LIKE to see some Galactic KND, some new decent properties including full-on action shows, and maybe an announcement for full blu ray releases of their classic shows, but I also understand that I don't live in Dreamland.

IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

turner.com/pressroom/turner-comes-2016-17-upfront-powerful-brand-portfolio-and-bold-moves

>Continuing its 2015 momentum as basic cable's #1 network with kids 6-11, Cartoon Network started off 2016 with cultural buzz around the highly anticipated global launch of The Powerpuff Girls, which became a #1 Facebook and Twitter trending topic when over 15 million fans participated in the #PowerpuffYourself avatar. Since its launch, The Powerpuff Girls has remained #1 in its timeslot. The return of hit series Teen Titans Go!, We Bare Bears, Steven Universe and The Amazing World of Gumball contributed to Cartoon Network becoming the #1 cable network in VOD for 23 consecutive months.

>Cartoon Network's innovative approach to content development through convergence of creativity and technology came to life at its first-ever Game Jam for the new game OK KO! Lakewood Plaza, with over 200 independent game developers coming together in Portland, Oregon. Further, underscoring a strong commitment to engage children in creative coding, Cartoon Network's STEM platform involves newly announced collaborations with Scratch, a project of the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab; and the White House's Computer Science for All initiative to empower young people to generate skills in the digital world, featured Cartoon Network characters from shows including Powerpuff Girls and We Bare Bears.

>Looking forward, multiple high profile digital launches include the first mobile game from the network's top-rated series Teen Titans Go!: Teeny Titans, with other games around fan favorite properties to be announced later in the summer. In addition, exciting new specials will air later this fall from the hit series Adventure Time and Regular Show.

Well the AT and RS specials at least sound interesting, is that really all they're gonna say? In regards to PPG, wasn't most of that twitter/facebook buzz negative, and isn't the "#1 in its timeslot" statement blatantly false?

it hasn't even started, you dips:

deadline.com/2016/05/turner-upfront-presentation-2016-live-blog-1201758740/

Nigga, that's already happening. As to whether or not Toonami will air Live Action, it is up in the air.

Maybe news on the AT theatrical movie they announced a while ago? Or is that scrapped?

My wife's son works there and he said they're going to remake Kodomo no Jikan and every episode will have a budget of $10,000,000.

Afaik, Pen is still working on it, at least, but that was a couple of months ago iirc. So it's a possibility.