Clean the damn room!

clean the damn room!

You're not my dad!

No.

>dude you need religion to be a good person

if you think thats his point, then you are an idiot. probably has a messy room to boot

you're dad is in the belly of the whale, watch pinocchio and resurrect your father, horus

bloody marxist

thankfully Jordan told me to wipe my bum everyday and now I live a fulfilling life

>if humans die math isn't real

PEPPY

SLAY THE DRAGONS

back to Sup Forums

Why all the Disney references?

roughly speaking in my estimation that's just patently ABZURD

not him, but it almost is. He's trying to make a rational justification for religion and puts Christianity on a pedestal for his archetype theory even when plenty of other stories fit as well/better. He was called out on it in the sam harris podcast and correct me if i'm wrong but he never really gave an answer to it. Even his retarded moral imperative in truth idea is all because of his attempt to rationalize religion.

So you're just a fedora fag triggered by the fact that Christianity is integral to western society.

Can we all just sort ourselves out and post some Jordan Peterson please?

>talks about the value of sorting things out

jokes on u i have autism i sort things compulsively

>dude, purely utilitarian standards can create a better system of morality

>reads Carl Jung once

Peterson really is just a poor man's Rene Girard.

>when plenty of other stories fit as well/better.

Name one.

He's right, you know.

This is honestly the best political advice I've heard in a while. Get your shit together before you participate in the public discourse, otherwise your ideology is colored by your particularly shitty circumstances.

*blocks your ideology*

>it only counts as ideology when I don't believe it!
Get this plagiarist outta here

Wasn't Western society founded on Greek religion?

>being this sensitive.
typical christcuck.
all I said is that Peterson is very obviously just trying to justify religion.
it'd be a shorter conversation if you just tell me what makes him special. But to indulge you, plenty of greek ones like Odysseus or even figures from other religions like Muhammad or Gautama Buddha are just as good/better. Or as was pointed out in the podcast, you can easily make one up that's better. Even the harry potter books would put up a good fight against the bible. So answer the question, why is Christianity special within his(Jung's) theory?

>Wasn't Western society founded on Greek religion?
Which one? Greek philosophy had descended into Neo-platonic nonsense by the time of Constantine. It actually needed Augustine and Aquinas to rehabilitate it.

>>being this sensitive.

Yes, you are being awefully sensitive.

>But to indulge you, plenty of greek ones like Odysseus or even figures from other religions like Muhammad or Gautama Buddha are just as good/better

Odysseus was no hero. Dante put him at the bottom of hell for a reason. Muhammed? Please. Some arab pedophiole in chatrge of a warband. Buddha's whole philosophy barely rises above nihilism. Like I said, fags like you just can't stand the Christian base of society.

>Still ignoring the question
>using the real life examples instead of the stories
I could just as well say jesus was just a poorfag jealous of the rich who enjoyed hanging out with men far too much. In the context of their holy books, Jesus is not really better than Muhammad. At least Muhammad lead others in battles. In what ways is Jesus the best archetype for a hero when all he did was die?
so yet again, what makes Jesus special?

Why haven't YOU saved the father yet?

Peterson seems to argue that jesus and other religious figures are meta-heroes. In that you extract out the abstract qualities of other mythological heroes and combine them to get jesus. He thinks that these meta-narratives and archetypes are most articulated in Christianity

>I could just as well say jesus was just a poorfag jealous of the rich who enjoyed hanging out with men far too much.
You could, if you wanted to be a dismissive cunt, which is all you reddit atheist types seem capable of.

>In the context of their holy books, Jesus is not really better than Muhammad.

In the context of their holy books, Jesus died for others and allowed them to go to heaven without being bound to the old sacrificial laws while Muhommed was posessed by the Devil and spit out the Satanic verses. Jesus also leads the army in the book of Revelations.

>so yet again, what makes Jesus special?

Self-sacrifice and the willingness to suffer and die for others.

>so yet again, what makes Jesus special?
>Self-sacrifice and the willingness to suffer and die for others.
But my grandpa did that during the Korean War...

Who will play him in the inevitable biopic?

Right. And the fact that society values self-sacrifice to the degree it does is because of it's Christian heritage.

Muh Harris...

Check out his lectures, he outlines the nature of our moral evolution quite well.

Both Harris podcasts were shit, Sam can't get past his nu-atheism, nor can he calm down on autistically claiming anyone attempting to deepen the meaning of a word is somehow entirely wrong.

I do enjoy Sam as a political commentator, but as a moral philosopher he is as an obnoxious child.

And why is martyrdom viewed as noble in the west? Oh yeah, because of Christianity.

>I do enjoy Sam as a political commentator

Why? He's just a standard Zionist.

>I could just as well say jesus was just a poorfag jealous of the rich who enjoyed hanging out with men far too much. In the context of their holy books, Jesus is not really better than Muhammad. At least Muhammad lead others in battles. In what ways is Jesus the best archetype for a hero when all he did was die?
Jesus is only remembered for his asceticism but he was as legit as Muhammad when it came to lead men into battle.

Matthew 10:34 - Do not assume that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Anyone else listen to both Peterson and Harris and find value in both of their perspectives?

reporting in senpai

This image is pretty good. I think I'll save it.

You're not a centrist because you still lack rational thought, the pillar works of all centrists

wow, you're doubly retarded

>implying centrists can't indoctrinate

Why would you assume that, user?

>centrists
>rational thought

sticking yourself in the middle of two arbitrary sides isn't rational, user.

I don't think this is the way to describe the majority of centrists. For example:

Person A: favors moderate gun control, moderate border security, moderate foreign policy, moderate government interventions, moderate fiscal policy, etc.

Person B: favors almost no gun control, tight borders, anti-interventionist foreign policy, universal healthcare, fiscal conservative

Bizarrely, you could describe both of these people as centrists.

Honestly """""Centralists""" are just cucks in disguise.

What does this even mean? Who are you actually describing? Is this a real opinion?

Depends on the beliefs.