Rocko's Modern Revival Thread

youtube.com/watch?v=OFxJDFodce4
twitter.com/carlosalazraqui/status/732285567052873728

Each day it gets more and more real.

Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie is confirmed, as well as some weird "epic" and "serious" movie for Legends of The Hidden Temple, with the host coming back too.

I guess this is what we get for liking a show who's 4 seasons consistently had only 13 episodes each.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1cJw4Gvs21M
youtube.com/watch?v=bOuReZy7Jto
youtube.com/watch?v=T7_CychOtto
youtube.com/watch?v=sOkJmANkAFs
joemurraystudio.com/blog/
youtube.com/watch?v=NC-IaJcVJjU
youtube.com/watch?v=v_rggV-2_HA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I couldn't post this as well, but I guess I can now, it'll also be a bump of sorts.

This is pretty much a sealed deal.

Never forget
vocaroo.com/i/s1cJw4Gvs21M

INVADER ZIM REVIVAL FUCKING WHEN, NICK????

This is something I meant to put in the OP, this is something The90'sAreAllThat did for their launch. youtube.com/watch?v=bOuReZy7Jto
After a certain point it gets amazingly good, if this was something that was announced before The Splat came around, I wouldn't be as iffy, still a good amount, but it doesn't seem good to do it now especially since The Splat relies on rap music and "don't bro me if you don't know me" kind of jokes

it's also horrible base drop shit that shows the network guys are just pandering and don't mean a thing they say when they post on their twitter "remember that VHS cover? NOSTALGIA OVERFLOW LIKE HELLO WHAT?"

jesus this is a bad idea.

The only thing you can expect to be good is the cast, they're still up to par.

The idea of Rocko's Modern Life coming back is something that pops up in my dreams once in a while (as in literal, while I'm asleep type dreams), but I never expected it would actually happen.

Is that really him or someone else?
Either way it's pretty great.

If it's not him, it's a damn good impersonator.

It's an user that was in the last vocaroo thread. He does a great Filbert too.

Never forget the last thread was golden.

That reminds me, i wonder if he managed to make digital copies of his VHS.
Kinda wish he story timed the comics too.

I wonder if any of the pages were damaged or marked on.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Probably, after all the love sick issue was missing the cover.

I think the first issue in the picture he posted had pink tape on it or something, so it might've been a loose cover.

I know those old comics used to always do the same thing to me, the rest be fine but the outer shell would just slide right off one day.

this shit still gets me
youtube.com/watch?v=T7_CychOtto

get passed his autistic theme song and you're in for a depressing surprise

Now counting down the number of posts left until someone posts something related to Timbox or The Anytown Show.

does he just break into these places?

>yfw even the cartoon within the cartoon was entertaining.
youtube.com/watch?v=sOkJmANkAFs

you did it

>All the production set including small gizmos that are reusable even today were left there.
Why? it's so eerie to look at almost gives post apocaliptic vibe since it's like they were going to come back the next day, all the chairs are in place, all the gear aswell hell even the headphones the staff used, that's kind of fucked up.

why do the lights still work?

also that autist could've taken some shit like seriously

what a fucking piece of shit!
he breaks into nickelodeon studios after it's shut down, and writes his fucking youtube channel on their board

FUCK that guy

It's really great how the laugh track sounds like it's just some writer cackling at his own jokes.

>goes into a shut down building
>turns on all their lights
>runs their sinks
>writes his youtube channel on their boards
can we just take for a moment that he could've got stuck on those fucking elevators and NO ONE would be there in the entire studio to help him?

this opening theme montage freaked me the fuck out back when

That made me smile way more then it should have.

The place seems to be surprisingly clean.

I still can't believe I got it twice, that was so weird. Then that one user talked about how it meant angels were watching over me for support or something. Spooky night.

Not yet! I'm really looking into it. I don't have a way to do it yet.
On the other note, some time maybe I can story time it. Maybe before next month is over. I'd have to get them all scanned, and sadly I don't have all the volumes, I'd rather do it when I have them all so it would be more complete. One day just look for a thread about it.

Also a little update on that collection, I think I'm going to run across some more Rocko stuff next week when I visit old family, I have some older things I never looked through before I moved. Here's hoping!

Missing Love Sick cover
and this, that's exactly what happened, outer cover came off but aside from that most of the pages are really good. I don't think there's any marks in them.

I'm glad people are interested in my stuff.

So about that Digital VHS stuff, what different ways are there to do it? Cheapest? Most Expensive? I'd like to know what I'm doing before jumping into it.

Joe Murray references a project he's working on that's a secret joemurraystudio.com/blog/

Wait, are the Sony Wonder versions more rare/valuable than the Paramount versions? Also I've never see the top right and bottom left ones.

Both the firends variety pack and roadtrip are pretty rare, specially road trip.

So I'm told? Sony Wonder was originally the first run distribution and featured less stuff on their tapes. When the contract ran out, Paramount had came in before the tapes' time on the shelf was up, so they just redid them and with more footage.

More footage = more buys back then so I believe, people would always want more at the time, getting Sony when Paramount promised double the footage would seem kind of pointless considering it was the same and more.

Yea, after last thread I looked up Road Trip and was pretty shocked. I wasn't aware Friends: Variety Pack was also rare to an extent.

The first response up there reminded me of my other Sony Wonder wares I found later after the thread had already started to be archived. Does anyone know if these happen to be rare? They're all Sony Wonder, again.

Ren & Stimpy: Classics II
Ren & Stimpy: Incredibly Stupid Stories
Ren & Stimpy: The Stupidest Stories
Ren & Stimpy: On Duty
Aaahh! Real Monsters: Monsters' Night Out
Aaahh! Real Monsters: Meet the Monsters

I'd look them up, but I'm not too into figuring it out. Sometime soon I should also be getting a better camera. For the story time, whenever that'll be, I'll be using a printer/scanner so there's no worry for blurry outcome.

This is just a kind of proof of purchase sort of deal, not really exhibiting my actual collection.

The friends variety pack is 20 bux on amazon, everything else has a price range between 1 and 5 bux. really the only real valuable piece on your tapes money-wise is road trip.

Sounds fine by me, and who knows, maybe the might become rare later.

Is there a reason for Road Trip being so valuable? I know Friends: Variety Pack was released only in a case of blank Sony VHS tapes to record on, that seems like it would make it rare later on, what's the deal with Road Trip? A certain store exclusive or something?

dang man

I think I might have a couple others too but I'm not sure, nothing cartoon wise, I think it was Lassie or something odd like that.

Just because it's pretty darn hard to come by one nowadays as far as I know.

I see.

Yep, my grandma says she thinks I have some Rocko toys she remembers seeing in good condition, some still in its containers. She also said I have some more tapes. She sure does like to talk at 4:30 in the morning

Curious about what they are. She knows the show well enough since I used to watch it often back when the new episodes were a thing. She also mentioned some snow globes or something, while that's unrelated, I fucking loved snow globes when I was younger.

It's happening again, in another Rocko Thread.

...did you seriously call your grandma at 4 in the fucking morning?

No, she called me. She runs a hotel kind of place so she's up late a lot. I have nothing to do for about 2 weeks job wise, Vacation hours or what-not, she likes to chat.

Nah man in a normal situation I wouldn't call my grandma while she's sleeping at 4 in the morning to ask if i have some toys

It's the perfectly straight cut eyes with wide and sharp eyebrows and the long as fuck mouth that bothers me. I don't like wide expressions unless it's nice and cartoony.

I remember being scared of the Rugrats Movie teaser where it came around the wide TV, not because of the atmosphere, but just that wide TV man.

I'm still mad that nobody will ever use normie the original way, only about 6-ish years ago.

guess i'm too non-conformist for that

does your grandma like to experiment and try new things

im honestly asking because she might be using your toys for HER toys

>nickelodeon themes dildos

I thought these were fake

I was thinking the same thing, at the time of the video that studio was closed for about 8 years and I doubt it had any kind of maintenance during that time.

Never.

Keep the thread going. Discuss lesser talked about episodes.

Remember the Elevator To Hell? Breaking Plates?

hehehehe

you made a bit happy. the voice and the poster thank you

Quick reminder that all of these 90s shows were both products of their own time, as well as the cast who developed them.

A modern reboot or reimagining would be just as soulless as the Powerpuff Girls reboot, and just like that series, a modern reboot of 90s Nicktoons would be a shameless way to cater to you nostalgiafags.

youtube.com/watch?v=NC-IaJcVJjU

learn to fucking read we're not speaking of a reboot we're speaking of a possible film.

>54 replies
>18 posters

Come on, Timbox. Come clean.

Why would a show like Rocko need a film?

Iunno, why a show like legends of the hidden temple would need a film?

Last year.

Read more comic books.

If he had a cellphone with him, he could call someone for help. He would be arrested for trespassing immediately afterwards but that's better than dying alone in an elevator.

Why was the electricity and water still working? Someone still paying for it after all that time? That's fucking weird.

I'm sure this will be just as good as every other cartoon revival.

Is this seriously coming back? I thought it was fake. Jeus Nick you are so fuck up. It will probably turn into a PPG situation

weird honestly

Speaking of which, did anyone see this yet? It looks pretty cool

youtube.com/watch?v=v_rggV-2_HA

>Why was the electricity and water still working? Someone still paying for it after all that time? That's fucking weird.
this is a studio set at universal. at the time half of the set was used by the blue man group so it's not that weird.