Adventure Time

"Elemental" airing tomorrow - Thursday, May 19th at 7:45/6:45c
preview clip:
youtu.be/jlsS74l9VxY

Who the flip is that in the ice section?

Other urls found in this thread:

turner.com/pressroom/turner-comes-2016-17-upfront-powerful-brand-portfolio-and-bold-moves
youtube.com/watch?v=gwHzUW01CS0
youtube.com/watch?v=SKOgbKZI6Kw
youtube.com/watch?v=SacFAT_UaDE
youtube.com/watch?v=Pf6vwAOUDek
kat.cr/community/show/cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/,
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is going to have something to do with the 4 elements from that Gunter episode?

It's cool that they're going into the four elements.
Episode description says that Ice King finds something buried in the Ice Kingdom, so maybe it's an old princess, or a robot or something.

I just watched Billy's Bucket List for the first time, holy shit that was a good episode. Touching, meaningful, awesome, and even pretty trippy at the end. Cool art/scenery too

That ice person ain't Ice King, I'm intrigued

I like how the candy section has multiple textures

This fits with what we saw in Evergreen. I was hoping for the mystery character to be Slimy D, but I guess IK was never the ice elemental?

It would make sense, as IK isn't really an "elemental" per se, being born human and all. SP is made of slime, PB is made of candy and FP is made of fire I guess.

Also, anyone else hyped that we get a new FP episode so soon? She's not going to be the main focus, of course, but it's still nice to see that more people on the team outside of Xylophone even know she exist.

To me the mystery character looks awfully like The Empress from Stakes mini-series but wearing those shades to conceal her hypnotic glare for the right moment.

She will never make another appearance though.

Empress?

She does remind me of the Empress

Although the Empress is a vampire, and also dead

Isn't her essence basically trapped inside Marcy though? There is a chance that she could wrestle for control of the vessel.

Well, yeah, I guess, but that would be an extremely strange path to go, even by AT standards.

looks like steve wolfhard's concept art for empress

I mean we had Gunther reveal he is an elder god from thd far realm not too long ago. As we're rolling into the Preboot/Reboot two parter I belive anything is possible.

What do you think is going to be the deal with the season end guys? Cliff hanger? Finn's design changing as he hits 18?

One of these is garunteed.

The Gunther biz was foreshadowed as early as season 2, though, and they had episodes with Gunther being more efficiently evil than IK before Orgalorg.

Also, I'm pretty sure we'll get a cliffhanger ending. The only seasons that didn't end with a cliffhanger were seasons 1 and 6, and with all the plots in the air at the moment, I don't think they can resolve the major ones in just two episodes and then be done with it.

It's a shame we're not getting anything like the Season 6 finale week, where we had six episodes that all were pretty connected.

Though, that being said, I heard something about Cartoon Network having some announcements tomorrow or some shit, so we might get more info on Preboot/Reboot then.

Now that you mention it I do recall the whole deal with Abadeer being in awe with Gunther's dark soul. On a similar note what has happened with the psychic kitten?

I'm hoping Elemental leads into the end and a strings like the deal with Comet too. The announcement is cool so thanks for getting me onto that bud, here's hoping.

What the psychic kitten is about still hasn't been revealed, lmao

But the revealed synopsis for the remaining episodes of the season haven't hinted too much to anything really cohesive, but then again, most people wouldn't necessarily group episodes with the synopsis "LSP has to babysit, but the kid goes missing" and "Gunther breaks his skull and his brains come out", so we'll just have to wait and see

I just noticed how long that sentence was, fuck

turner.com/pressroom/turner-comes-2016-17-upfront-powerful-brand-portfolio-and-bold-moves

Apparently the upfront has already been, and this is what we've got on Adventure Time:

>In addition, exciting new specials will air later this fall from the hit series Adventure Time and Regular Show.

One fucking sentence. But exciting special sounds nice, I guess!

That empress a cute
Good thing they went with the other design of the king, at least

apparently to push for interesting designs they held a design contest among the boarders and designers picked the best ones

That's p cool actually

Do you know who designed the remaining three? Because I assume that Wolfhard's Hierophant and Moon were used unless I'm blind

Man, AT hype has died down, huh.

I know that herpich did the king but the other two I'm not sure

It's still going?

Only good thread on the catalog. I want to talk about the show.

Does anyone else get reminded of Gushers from the custom fonts for each element? Now I'm hungry, and they don't sell those here anymore.

Possible movie length special inbound maybe? I kind of want CN to get back into that trend where every original series gets something of the sort like The Foster's Home prequel.

That just sounds like the finale. Both RS and AT have half hour season finales. These shows are so fucking connected I swear.

Both have seasons Sup Forums would agree were the pure and original form the show grew away from. Both of the good seasons ended around 4 or 5.

They both fell into a relationship rut and had their man protagonist fuck shit up and be depressed often for it.

Both had a horrible Season 6 finale everyone will point out is why they hate / dropped the show.

Both have a 7th season both sides say is growing from it's original plunge into fuckery.

Both have a movie, albeit RS was a TV one, and AT is a theatrical release

Both are building up to a big finale special, RS' is confirmed to change the course of the series and AT's hints it.

What's next? They end with the same number of seasons? I could see it.

Now I know why people say RS and AT are basically the same show but with a different formula. Little bro kind of companion, all that i mentioned before.. amazing.

It's not the finale. There's one more season for AT and RS.

also
>both have a 2nd batch of shorts in 2016 even though none of the other CN shows that had shorts last year do

SEASON finale I mean.

Yea and they were done together, partnered together, and were a part of the short lived recent Adventure Show Saturday block for new shorts/episodes

It's astounding

Best title card of the season, that's more effort than a lot.

nah the one with marcy shedding a tear was golden feels material

what was that

youtube.com/watch?v=gwHzUW01CS0

I'm STILL pissed that song from the previews of the season 6 opener wasn't used.

People dropped out of AT because of a lack of advertising. RS seasons are all ordered, where as AT's have no specific number since season 5. Finn wasn't even depressed about the breakup. We didn't even spend a lot of time on it. RS is still dealing with CJ and Margaret crap for years. What are you even talking about?
>same show different formula
I'm starting to wonder if you even seen any of the shows.
>both has had a duo that are close
>same show
You have got to be kidding.

What song was that?

Uh.... the one about the father and the son, cats in the craddle or something

They have similar episode count, because AT was out on hiatus and RS aired a few months after AT. They air an episode a week. They're also the major shows the redeemed CN from their dark ages, which is why they're treated differently. They are one of the few CN shows to pass 200 episodes.

Links?

>RS seasons are all ordered, where as AT's have no specific number since season 5
No? RS is unsure for a 9th season, they were both renewed through Season 7 and 8 when AT was, it's all the same, they go as they come.

>RS is still dealing with CJ and Margaret crap for years
nope, around the time AT stopped RS started to stop
Of course I've seen both? Are you just trying to be a fucking dick?

>both has a duo that are close
>same show
I'm just pointing out similarites, from something like "wow" to "ok" I'm not saying that one thing is a basis they they ARE. They do have different formulas, something in RS happens, supernatural effect, fixed. In AT, it's adventuring, RS doesn't usually adventure, they stay in the same setting extremely often. - Different formulas

If you think I mean't they're the same show anyway, you need to understand clarity and reading knowledge more. Don't try to insult or call me out when I'm just listing a bunch of interesting similarities.

Yea that too

youtube.com/watch?v=SKOgbKZI6Kw

Episode count in the season, learn to read. There is no order in episode count in seasons for AT. These similarities aren't limited to only AT and RS, which makes them mean less. There isn't a coincidence, and I call you out because you compare Regular Shit to AT.

You never said episode count, you said
>RS seasons are all ordered, where as AT's have no specific number since season 5
which can easily be taken as either, clarify before you shit on someone for not understanding.

Oh, it makes sense now, you're pissed because I compared a show you like to a show you hate. How is this not butthurt again? I never said they're the same show, just a bunch of things they have in common on the same network as the shows CN is running the longest. It's a fair comparison, I'm not saying they're both as good as the other? Calm the fuck down man.

Cat in the Cradle, or whatever the fuck is normie music, AT usually doesn't play the exact song, but sometimes does parodies. Not like RS. I wouldn't have expected for the song to actually be used in an episode.

Same can be said to you about clarifying nigger. I said AT has no specific order, you should have assumed I meant episodes. RS always has 26. Fuck off RS fag.

You said RS and AT are the same show but different formula. How does that make sense? This is why I questioned you. You little comparisons lose significance when you realise that it can be applied to other irrelavent shows to CN. That was my point. I'm befuddled as to how you can even compare the two, they are so different. Jake is like Finn's older brother, less of a best friend, he over Finn. Rigby and Mordecai do not have this relationshil, they are best friends. They weren't raised together. Finn's relationships are hardly mentioned. The Frost and Fire arc and Breezy are the only relationship episodes concerning this.

I never said they are "the same show" I just said they're connected in a lot of ways. I also said "Now I know why people say RS and AT are basically the same show" never that I had that argument. People on here and on the internet say they're pretty much the same, or at least that used to be EXTREMELY common here on Sup Forums to say the least, CN puts them together (or did) all the fucking time like it was a package deal, they're apparently the biggest shows on the channel aside from say SU but that's a given, even though I don't all care for it. That said before SU aired or gained that quick following, CN had both shows take over.

I like both show, not saying one is better than the other, AT also has more variety, I will say that, I'm in no way shilling for the show or saying you should like it. I'm specifically point out a lot of similarities and passing time doing so. Never in the world do I see that as the "same show" deal, but that was a common acknowledgement. I might choose a different word choice if I could, but I'm not sure how else to say it. CN's biggest focus is on them (even of SU in an odd way since they don't usually get more views then that) up until TTG aired (now they hardly show reruns)

I don't want anyone to be pissed at me or make accusations, so I wanted to clarify. You can fuck me over in replies all you want, I don't mean any shitstorms.

dude no one cares about rs stop trying to get us to come to your measly episode threads and garnering attention for it, it's not working

>Candy and Slime are elements
The denizens of Ooo are so fucking retarded.

PB's are better

> RS seasons are all ordered
thanks to later posts I know you mean episode count but:
Season 6 of Regular Show is only (counting half hour specials as 2 episodes) 31 episodes, an episode worth of shorts, and a movie long (and presumably season 7's gonna be 39 episodes and an episode worth of shorts, just like AT season 7)
Plus there's a method to AT's episode length madenss (season 5 was doubled during production, season 6 being 44 episodes counting shorts as an episode rounds the number of episodes to 200, and season 7 is the same length as a season of regular show)

PB's what?

THERES AN UNCENSORED VERSION YOU GUYS

JAKE IS A KIDDER

I honestly though Exit 9B was the finale for a long while. I remember liking it enough but after a little while of not seeing any news, I figured that was it. It was a really good idea for a finale.

youtube.com/watch?v=SacFAT_UaDE and it was cool, the promo kinda fucks over with the "never be the same" motto so many networks push into some special event of a cartoon

i've yet to see anything beyond exit 9b

I feel art like this is irrelavent now. PB and Marceline, now THAT is something. Finn can have Phoebe.

Personally the only thing that matters to me after that point is the movie. youtube.com/watch?v=Pf6vwAOUDek

first drafts had Rigby saying go to hell, since they thought they could get one cuss in there like a lot of family movies do with "Hell" in it. Would've been pretty cool. Aside from a few points people will tell you sucked, it was pretty nice.

Not to get off topic, so I'll say something about this upcoming episode as well. Does anyone actually expect a big plot point to be introduced yet again this time or something at least for the finale? Seems like a lot of episodes have been adding more questions and stories for later.

I looked at the episode list and I haven't seen the show in 3 years. Why the fuck are there still Margaret and CJ episodes?

Go make your own thread to talk about RS. We're not a refugee camp.

>just like AT
No user, our seasons go to 40-50 episodes. Go fuck off with Regular Show: It's pretty regular now, we dont care.

CJ was written out after some time, there's a few episodes where she's in it but it's not relationship, like Portable Toilet or some others. Just Friends completely ended Mordecai's lover shit with the whole "Awkwardness" thing getting so out of hand they feel like the universe is fucking them over every time they see each other. They call it friends and that ends any lingering worry, like another fresh start.

CJ is supposed to be in the eighth upcoming season because she's connected to something else going on later or whatever, haven't read much about it though.

Margaret's episodes are pretty good this season. There's one that developed her news career as well.

Just responding to a guy talking about it. When did AT threads ban discussions of other shows? More straight, RS? I'm just talking to another guy about it.

I don't care. Talk about AT. I saw another user mention the elements first being seen in "Evergreen."

>Not wanting a threesome
Shit taste user

Threesome? How lewd.

>Not wanting a foursome with Phoebe
Even shittier taste user

why not have a everyone-some with every female on the show

or all the way with all the guys included

Press Schedules list this episode as Season 8 Episode 8.

I was meaning to comment on stuff like that.
On kat.cr/community/show/cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/, where a guy posts stuff from CN's server, I saw some random, later episodes are marked as Season 8.
Did CN do that thing that I heard they did with Steven Universe, and split Season 7 into being both Season 7 and Season 8?

I like the way you're thinking user.

die bitch die

good she was horribly rapping in that recent episode, she doesn't deserve to go on in the series

Where did you find this?

Sounds like a non Adventure Time problem to me user.

HAHA YES

for now.

is that bean?

>Phoebe makes up with Finn
>odds of Finn getting back with Bonnibel start to decrease
Literally the reason why you guys shat on "Bun Bun." It wasn't her rapping, it was the fact you are upset with Fubblegum being less likely to happen. I know it wasn't her rapping; it's freestyle and not meant to be well thought out and creative. Do you faggots know nothing?
>Phoebe being tortured by Ice King
>hurr durr serves her right for making up with Finn
Literally autism.

dude what the fuck, just because i hate FP doesn't mean i'm a bubblegum/finn shipper. come the fuck on, going to this as soon as someone says something about FP negatively after the last episode and it meaning that is autistic, stop sperging.

>hurr durr serves her right for making up with finn
never said that, i was just being a dick because i don't like her at all, stop being so desperate about this shit user

Because all the guys besides Finn are unattractive as fuck. There's a reason Ice King said he's the "Hottest guy in Ooo."

>Not wanting a 8some with Huntress Wizard and the Water Nymphs
All shit taste m8s

That would imply that there would be about 80 episodes in season 7, I think season 8's just season 8

it looks like he's holding a damn phone
>"Hey Mordecai..."
>"ITS FOR YOU"

Why do you hate Phoebe?

Soooooooo, in how many seasons will we see HW again?

>80 episodes in season 7
no?

Oh fuck I understood the question wrong, my bad

what did you think it said? i'm extremely confused in this thread myself

Considering she would have never get her chance if it wasn't for Jmoyns (and he's not working on the show anymore), then I think not.

Which is fine by me. Better focus on main characters and overall stories rather than add or expand minor characters to the point of losing focus.

I thought you meant what was produced as Season 7 was split into Season 7 and 8 for broadcasting

Oh no I wasn't the guy who said that, and I'm not sure if that's what they meant either honestly.

>Ice king manages to nab both bonnie and phoebe in one episode.
Simon would be lucky to get away with just a black eye after finn is done with him

>Simon
You just said why Finn WOULDN'T hurt him.

I thought Finn stopped beating up IceKing because of Marceline's history with him? That's like him beating up her senile adoptive father.

mostly

>boarded by kent osborne himself
This guy always make weird episodes lately

bump

>Kent Osborne's spongebob episodes
Sll of the episodes he boarded were co-boarded by Paul Tibbit, and it's possible that he co-wrote the outlines of episodes he boarded that have a different outline writer

>Outline by Merriwether Williams
Idiot Box
Snowball Effect
No Weenies Allowed
The Great Snail Race (though Williams is only credited on the DVD. TV airings credit Joe Liss)
Born Again Krabs
Missing Identity
The Sponge Who Could Fly
Pranks A Lot

>Outline by Mark O'Hare
Krab Borg
Party Pooper Pants
New Student Starfish
Krabby Land

>Outline by himself
My Pretty Seahorse
Ugh

>Episodes he outlined but didn't board
One Krab's Trash (boarded by Paul Tibbit and Kaz, Outline co-written with Mark O'Hare)
Krusty Krab Training Video (boarded by Aaron Springer and CH Greenblatt)
Chocolate with Nuts (boarded by Paul Tibbitt and Kaz. Outline co-written with Merriwether Williams)
Spongebob Meets the Strangler (boarded by Paul Tibbitt, Kaz, and CH Greenblatt. Outline Co-written with Merriwether Williams)

He was also a presence in the writing room (getting the written by credit that shows up during the post-episode credits) throughout all of season 3 along with early season 4 (the episodes that premiered in May of 05 along with Where's Gary)

uuh, thanks?