Quick question

Okay, I'm new to comics but I love Superman, and I hear geoff johns is taking in a lead role in crafting the dceu. Does Geoff love Superman? is he a fan of the character? I'm scared he'll just try to sideline him and make Batman the center of the universe with an all-powerful mobius chair or something....

johns fucking loves superman and fucking hates batman

proof?

Johns only loves his dead sister and tweeting about cereal.

and bo duke dolls. and bsg

He wrote a Superman run and hates Batman, casual. You'll be fine.

Bo Duke dolls were a mistake.

Johns loves Green Lantern, Flash, Flash Rogues, Booster Gold and mostly obscure characters. His run on Superman was pretty solid and very Donner-like. Johns isn't a big Batman guy I think.

>already complaining

I wish he would do that because you Superman fans deserve nothing more than that.

Is he gonna get in a fist fight with Ben Affleck?

Well if Johns stays true to form, he'll have Batman punching his teammates and yelling at them like a child, and have him just straight up being a useless asshole.

OP here, didn't johns do darkseid war which essentially had batman in the center and superman as just random strong guy?

Have you read any of Johns' Superman stories? They're fucking great, man. Read Secret Origins, Braniac, and his Legion of Superheroes arcs.

He doesn't like Batgod but he writes Batman very nicely in JL and Batman Earth One is fucking great.

Well Zack already fucked the DCEU so hard that even Geoff can't save it. Unless the JL movie is a reboot.

he writes Batman totally out of character, literally he is the only one that does that even in all the current comics

but god forbids someone points out the out of character attitudes he just gets spammed with "LOL BATFAG MAD HE IS NOT BATGOD" and nothing more, while forgetting that Batman gets his ass kicked and does rookie mistakes even in toher books and no one complains

will do, I'm just trying to get through superman earth one first.

>Secret Origins
Bait. Has to be.

>Bait

Holy shit user, just say what you don't like about the comic and maybe have an actual discussion about it.

And bait? I've never even seen anyone bad mouth it on here.

>actual discussion
>from someone using Batgod meme

>Secret Origins

Oh fuckin' relax, you guys seek out any thread related to Johns to complain about this shit. Every single Earth One story time has the same dead-end arguements.

Okay we're getting off topic, should I believe in Johns and that he'll take care of Supes or should I just give up now? (no sarcasm please)

What's better than Secret Origins as far as introductions go? Birthright isn't one of them. The only one of comparable quality is Morrison's Action Comics run. For All Seasons isn't bad but it's not as good as those two.

Everyone has already replied to you, dumbass. Learn to read.

Answer his question, faglord.

but Superman is already treated like the Jesus of the situation, we had BvS where Batman was literally the villain of the movie I don't see of what you are scared

Yeah, I'm fine with that but I'm just worried Johns will come in and change Snyder's plan and make Supes "just another member of the league" and not the center of the universe like he essentially is now.

Why are you Superfags so goddamn whiny? Jesus Christ.

If anything Johns would cement Superman as the center of it.

>In Los Angeles, Johns cold-called the office of director Richard Donner looking for an internship, and while Johns was being transferred to various people, Donner picked up the phone by accident, leading to a conversation and the internship. Johns started off copying scripts, and after about two months, was hired as a production assistant for Donner, whom Johns regards as his mentor.[3][9]

He's written a shitload of Superman comics, dude.

because you batfags have it all, and for once someone has recognized supes' importance and we don't want that to change?

wow, this is REALLY interesting. hopefully this shows in his work for the dceu's future.

I'm not a Batfag, dumbass. Nice strawman and persecution complex though. Fucking tool.

I hope so. I fucking love it when Batman does that in other people's books. It's a nice reminder that he's not the god that the general audience thinks he is, and that he's just some rich asshole in a suit.

Fucking loved when Hal punched him in Rebirth. One of my favorite scenes in that story.

>I hear geoff johns is taking in a lead role in crafting the dceu

Where did you hear that dumb rumor

rumor? someone hasn't seen the recent news.....

user, it's confirmed.

>fucking hates batman

This meme again.

Johns doesn't hate Batman just because he doesn't make him a Batgod.

He does fucking love GL and you can tell.

Which general audience?

>Johns doesn't hate Batman just because he doesn't make him a Batgod.

This meme again

The ones that don't read comics.

>This meme again
>Implying this isn't what has Batfags so assblasted

Then it makes even less sense since Batman is portrayed as making constant mistakes and neededing help in all the movies.

If that was really the problem people would complain about all the other writers too. It's just the easy way for you Cereal King memers to avoid any real discussion

>i like when batman is literally what I complain about him being

Yeah, you're right about the movies, that's a good point. I guess it's easier for me to remember things like the DCAU and BBATB style of Batman for on screen Batman since I didn't really find most of the movies that memorable. My bad.

Who said I was complaining about Batgod? I like Batgod.

That's because Batman movies are just vehicles for delivering wacky Batman villains.