Since the last year was a shitshow is there anything to look forward to for this year's Cannes Film Festival?

Since the last year was a shitshow is there anything to look forward to for this year's Cannes Film Festival?

Other urls found in this thread:

cannes-rurban.rhcloud.com/index.pl/2017
youtube.com/watch?v=f82LkpgD5r4
todaslascriticas.com.ar/cannes/2017
youtube.com/watch?v=4J9cPI9u-eM
theguardian.com/film/2017/may/17/ismaels-ghosts-review-marion-cotillard-cannes-2017-opening-film
france24.com/en/20170517-cannes-film-festival-review-ismael-ghosts-cotillard-gainsbourg-amalric-desplechin
youtube.com/watch?v=lBXkrqk_dJU
theguardian.com/film/2017/may/17/loveless-review-leviathan-director-andrei-zvyagintsev-cannes-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Haneke triggering Sup Forums

good time looks promising

>Happy End, A drama about a family set in Calais with the European refugee crisis as the backdrop.

FUCKING WEW

cannes-rurban.rhcloud.com/index.pl/2017
Another Lanthimos autismkino

Sony stormed Cannes with Emoji Movie fanfare. TJ Miller dropped onto the beach with an emoji parachute, wearing a bright yellow tuxedo and holding a Pennywise red balloon. A bunch of mascot emoji characters came onto the stage from a boat like they were storming Normandy, or maybe immigrants from Africa. The way the livestream is set up, it looks like there are only about 15 press members in the audience. It's one of the most embarrassing and bizarre things I've ever seen at Cannes.
youtube.com/watch?v=f82LkpgD5r4

Then apparently Ismael's Ghosts got bad reviews (though French critics are kinder todaslascriticas.com.ar/cannes/2017 ).

Almodovar devoted his opening speech to saying he would never vote for a movie that's only on Netflix. Will Smith gave him shit for it, but I think we can count out Noah Baumbach or Okja from winning any awards this year. Bummer.

All this just from Day 1. Wish Sup Forums wasn't such a dump compared to last year, there's a lot of interesting shit going on.

At least this fucking cunt won't be there this year.

>Will Smith is on the jury
Seriously, HOL UP

>Sony stormed Cannes with Emoji Movie fanfare.
>This actually happen

>Ironically brought shit to Cannes and won a Grand Prix

Dare I say it, /ourguy/?

Go fuck a dude dressed as your mom, Xavier

No that would be Lars.

the only thing I am looking forward to is Kermode's commentary about Cannes

>Mark Commode

Doesn't Twin Peaks premier at Cannes?

First two episodes

Daily reminder that they reduced the THICCness of Claudia Cardinale's legs for that poster

Yet another evidence to add to the endless list of why this festival is a steaming pile of shit

How did they get away with this?

No fat chicks allowed at Cannes

This is so stupid how this makes the poster aesthetically any better?

We don't get exposed to her cankles

Livestream

Takashi's next work is mangashit

How this weebshit got into Cannes?

>Russian film Loveless

no thicc allowed

Sony confirmed /our guys/

where the fuck is CEYLAN?

THAT
FEEL
WHEN
NO
SHOEGAZE
GIRLFRIEND

KEK

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence was in competition in 2004, ignoramous.

how about a post-rock sister

its sri lanka.

anyways they make some DOPE tea.

i want them all.

you can't have it all

>anything to look forward to
Yes, disgruntled critics throwing eggs at Haneke's face during the press conference. That would be great desu senpai

>that Argentina
nicely subtle bait

You're right, there are some inaccuracies with that map.

Yeah like how it also shows America and Russia as white

@82884065
>220 million whites
>not white
epin b8 Mohammed

Sup Forums go home, we're talking about films here

That's not fair criticism: the USA was traditionally an overwhelmingly White country (~90% White until the 1965 immigration law, after which it has gone down quickly).
Russia has traditionally had many indigenous ethnic groups but they have always been small minorities and unique to specific parts of the country.

Which white are you?

Ok, well wake me up when something actually interesting and memorable happens at the festival this year.

Is Zvyagintsev going through 7 deadly sins or something? Elena was about greed, Leviathan about about gluttony (specifically drinking too much), this is about lust.

what the fuck is Adrien Brody doing in cannes

will smith on the jury

Cannes is the worst

Are you there? Do you have any other cool info?

fucking KEK

His face reaction

What was Return about, anger?

what is he saying?

"J'aime grande noir baguettes"

I'm in love with marion

Just following the festival online, but if there are more threads throughout this and next week I'll post whatever good content I can find.

mole

me in cannes today

derrier

What's the purpose of her being at the film fest?

do you think I care? breh

>What's the purpose of tits and ass?

REV UP DEM SHIT REVIEWS

theguardian.com/film/2017/may/17/ismaels-ghosts-review-marion-cotillard-cannes-2017-opening-film

france24.com/en/20170517-cannes-film-festival-review-ismael-ghosts-cotillard-gainsbourg-amalric-desplechin

i don't believe it

What films are you hyped for goys?

the emoji movie

they didn't actually
they were largely criticized for that

/ourguy/ Yorgos new film of course

Wonderstruck and Happy End
maybe the new Hazanavicius

Safdie bros and Haynes movies.

I hope we'll have good threads like last year

>Haynes
Wonderstruck is the new Hugo
save my post

Idk what to expect from the new Hazanavicius. I like him but I'm not fond of biopics and I think Louis Garrel sucks.

Is she really back at Cannes this year or is this an old pic??

Based Hong will win

Cannes confirmed shit if he does.

>new Hazanavicius
Oh dear

Nah, his first two movies were different. He got much darker lately. Frankly I can't even watch his stuff, there's too much hate there, he pretty much wants you to hate every one of the characters. Makes me want to kms.

muh jesus daddy

youtube.com/watch?v=lBXkrqk_dJU
>that trailer
I'm used to hollywood fodder

this will get worse reviews than the last face

screencap this

I saw the trailer for the new Safdie brothers movie and wasn't really good.

It's just one review
But still, that's pretty bad

The last face of 2017

Best film from Cannes last year?

moar liek
>Haneke makes a movie that's totally not about Hitler but critics think it must be about hitler because he's german and all german avantgarde films are always about hitler

I feel like cannes has been rip on tv for years desu but if you wana try and get some chats going i'm in mate

>All those meme critics hating on Desplechin

What a bunch of plebs kek

holy shit how retarded

who else ready for fucking gustavo or whatever the faggots name is to give 2 films 8 and every other film 0-2

Last year had some nice threads.

It's supposed to look more like a 7 this way.

>Last year had some nice threads.
Only because of the constant Dolan bashing and KStew showing her tits and Bella Hadid showing her pusy oh wait

>Sofia Coppola movie getting better reviews than based Zvyagintsev's new movie

just how plebeian can one festival fucking be?

good news then, lads

he's austrian

theguardian.com/film/2017/may/17/loveless-review-leviathan-director-andrei-zvyagintsev-cannes-2017

5 stars

there was vid on dailymail of bella groping emily's tits was really hot

give me a movie to start with desplechin

my nigga Andy Z coming through again

based eastern yuros are saving Euro cinema right now despite these retard westerners and nordics trying their best to completely shit it up

Elle