Now that the zombie craze has died down a bit

Now that the zombie craze has died down a bit...

Are we ready for MORE zombie movies? Do you slow shufflers or fast infected?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K7bA4PB0zdk
youtu.be/lRcle-JgnFA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

zombies are about as reddit as it gets

Fast zombies are infinitely better than shamblers. Slow zombies require all these script caveats to explain why they're threatening when you can just briskly outwalk them.

The Walking Dead pretty much has the monopoly on zombies for the next decade. People are burning themselves out on zombies enough with that show that they don't want any more.

28 Months Later please

If they do zombies I'd like to see a more malevolent/horrifying aspect to zombie shit like reanimation of parts ala Dwarf Fortress.

>chop off a hand
>now the hand is acting on it's own with purpose even though it doesn't have eyes or a brain, oh fuck what nigger

they already don't make sense so just make them as awful as possible and make the story heroic with some seriously badass motherfuckers dying in glory.

lmao get a load of this contrarian

sup reddit

this is all I want

No thanks.

Shamblers are about the atmosphere. A lion is faster/stronger than any zombie, but a lion movie doesn't horrify anyone.

yes please

Dawn of the Dead and 28 Weeks Later are the best zombie kino, prove me wrong

Does that show even have zombies in it anymore? I thought it was all soap opera shit now and "humans are so evil" meme.

Day of the Dead and The Return the living Dead or my two all time favorite zombie movies.

return of the living dead spiritual successor when?

they kinda did that in the above

youtube.com/watch?v=K7bA4PB0zdk

When will they do a kino where a guy really survives the apocalypse and a bunch of shit happens but there's essentially no expository dialogue because there's no one for the hero to explain things to.

Omega Man had the right idea but was way too goofy, maybe if they remade it now with Mads or something.

im sick of zombie movies but Train to Busan is dope

Sexy zombies > slow zombies > fast zombies

the only dope parts are the parts where fat guy elbows zombies and thats about it

Realistically, how long would YOU survive in a zombie apoc? Let's keep things easy for you all though, the world is already shit and all you have to do is keep down low. Would you do it?

i'd probably kill myself after a month

Agreed, it was nothing special or particularly interesting. I don't get why people pretend Asian movies are great when if exactly the same movie got made in the West they would consider it pretty generic.

God it pisses me off so much in TWD when like 10-15 slow-moving zombies come upon them in the woods and it's this huge ordeal to take them out. Slow zombies are not scary unless you're in a tight space! Holy fuck.

Also extremely retarded how easily walkers manage to sneak up on people. They don't exactly move gracefully and are constantly growling. So how do they just pop in from off screen and fall on people?

28 Days Later shits all over that garbage.

Indefinitely. Just jack a yacht, live off fish and rain water until you find an island small enough you can confirm it is uninhabited before you set foot on it.

I can understand that, I just think it's lame that the zombies need to have ninja stealth skills to get anything done.
Are there any slow zombie movies where the threat is entirely from them being a tireless horde?

Yeah, I live in Australia which would fare a zombie apocalypse a lot better than most places.

I'd use a katana.

Honestly, I'd probably just turn into a terrible person and start looking for literally any females to fuck. YOLO

Ideally I would be prepped with a concealed basement underneath my house stocked full of MRE and staples and a fuckhuge heavy door.

right now i'd be fucked, i have shitty old single-pane windows from the 50s all over my house. i'm pretty sure bird shit would break them. also i doubt my food supplies would last a month.

We get it, you are the type of person who complains that Blade Runner didn't have enough action.

Best zombie kino coming through

youtu.be/lRcle-JgnFA

God no, I fucking done with zombies.

I only tolerate them in Resident Evil Remake and 28 Days Later.

Return of the living dead traumatized me when I watched it all alone late at night when I was 11 years old

thats exactly why

Never seen Blade Runner actually. Regardless, TWD is fucking shit. Deal with it.

>undead zombies that have coordination enough to run

Literally still the dumbest shit ever. It's different when the body is still living like in 28 days later

>Now that the zombie craze has died down a bit...
This mother fucker forgot about the Walking Dead and its fucking spinoff.

>cadavers get up and move around
>energy from where??? no respiration???
running doesn't make it any more or less plausible so who cares? at least the running ones are a serious threat.

this guy always has super human strength in korean movies

Your car breaks down in a remote area, sun just set. You go to a nearby farm house for assistance, it seems deserted. A note posted on the door warns of a shambler somewhere on the property. At that moment your beloved dog jumps out of your car window and runs off after something on the farm disappearing into the dark. You now must go looking for him...

Shamblers encourage actual writing. Rather than just "a fast dead dude comes running after me" the writer actually has to be creative. This process also leads to atmosphere, which is lacking in most modern horror.

I would recommend this documentary it's actually really cool. He gets really deep into the psyche of why horror is such a big part of our culture.

It's alright dude, we understand chicks like you need some "action" or else your mind wanders. It's just the way God made you :).

I still think the color remake of Night of the Living Dead is a fantastic example of how shamblers can be horrifying: human error.

>numale beard
>numale glasses
>numale CURAZY hand/facial expression

Please go...

Neither do zombie movies, really

Thoughts? I don't see it mentioned often.

Fast zombies that become slow zombies due to degeneration that comes from being a very slowly disintegrating corpse.

It would give the setting plenty of mook zombies to kill in a satisfying way, but still have at least some tension.
This would make infectees all the more bastardly, since the second they turn they basically become a rabid retard-strong human with virtual immunity to pain and non-cerebral damage.
THAT would be fucking horrifying.

Nobody has ever, EVER done zombies right in any medium outside of Romero's Dead trilogy. Growling and running around with outstretched hands is the worst, most uncreative shit you can do with zombies.

it was ok at best

What a numale response.

>He's never seen The Ghost and the Darkness
What a faggot you are

Hahahahahaha how the fuck are slow zombies even real hahaha nigga just walk away from the ghouls like nigga pick up your pace hahaha.

You were scared by that?

Decent movie, I just wish there had been a bit more build-up to everyone losing their shit.
Like, people acting a little bit off for the first half of the movie and we only later figure out that they were infected.

I liked the slow onset aspect of the infection, though it should have been used in a move with either a little more runtime or more dedication to atmosphere.

*Aish intensifies*

>He's never seen The Dead
Set in Africa. Shamblers don't make ANY NOISE, and it's all bush. I genuinely freaked the fuck out during the car repair scene since the characters had no idea if a shambler was sneaking up unless they saw it, but their eyes were on the car.

There's so much better shit out there that modern movies don't take advantage of, I don't get it

It has to be
>muh spooky ghosts/demons
>muh zombies

Slow ones need to have a mechanism that stops people from just killing them. Like releasing airborne spores on damage to infect surroundings.

kek me too. The part where the Leanna Quigley zombie looks like she unhinges her jaw and bites into the police chief's head really disturbed me when I saw it for the first time as a kid

Have you seen Stake Land?
It's about a vampire apocalypse. It's better than most zombie movies I've seen.

Yeah I loved it, that and 30 Days of Night are god tier vampire movies.

Having the infection be bloodborne would do it.

Do you have any idea how hard it would be to brain a zombie without it gushing all over you?

Even with face masks and respirators, it'd be safer to just avoid them

>God
>made you

Or something similar to the worms in The strain.

>28 weeks later
>kino

An enjoyable film but the fact that they didnt have anyone guarding the infected mother really hurt my enjoyment of the film. It made no sense that they wouldnt have at least one person duty to guard her. I know if they did that, there would technically be no movie, but they could've written around it and made the second outbreak start in a less retarded way,

>dawn of the dead.

True Zombkino

See, I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't growl all the damn time, because sometimes I'll be doing my homework or just browsing my phone at night, and every now and then, someone I know will walk right up to me and I'll only notice when they're literally tapping my shoulder or waving their hands in my face. And it's also very easy to forget how much ground someone can cover just by walking quickly or doing a rapid shamble. Go out on the street right now and watch someone walking for just 30 seconds and see how much further away that person just got from you. Now imagine looking up to scan your surroundings, seeing nothing coming out of the treeline, going back to work, and literally 1 minute later, getting ambushed by a zombie that never used to be there.

If you're thinking about a post-apocalypse scenario, it's very easy to get distracted by your own thoughts and just lose sense of where you are. You could be chopping wood or trying to fix a broken generator, and without that second person to back you up, it's very possible to get ambushed by a slow-walking zombie. But the growling? The growling just gives that shit up right away. I could hear something growling from a thousand feet away, especially in a quiet road on the countryside, and already that's my cue to get ready for action.

28 Years later, Have a zombie outbreak in a sci-fi futuristic setting. Would be bad ass

I think it would be scary if zombies had the ability to run, but not all the time. Like maybe they walk during the day because the sun saps their energy, but they get more lively after the sun goes down.

I want to fuck his pregnant wife

There's isn't much of a discernible difference now

That's ridiculous. It'd take a really good script and director to make it seem like the zombies aren't just lazy.

28 Years Later. Cyberpunk + Zombies.

>That's ridiculous
As ridiculous as decomposing bodies becoming reanimated and chasing people?

Those movies are shit, I thought we were talking about virus zombies.

I think it would be scary if the zombies goal was to fuck the living instead of eat them. For this to work though they would have to be fast-moving variety. A pack of them just rush you and stick their rotting dick up your shitter. That's how people get turned.

What about intelligent talking ones with powers from eating brains like in Izombie?

Too bad they screwed up the sequel

best couple

though i felt so bad for the one sister who sacrificed herself to save her more vindicative one

How smart? Can they find the hypotenuse of a triangle?

Go play Dying Light, it's exactly like that and by far the best zombie vidya game.

So, Crossed?

i fucking love the dawn of the dead remake, the characters are competent and form a plan, make actually rational decisions.

I'm not even dead and I can't do that

How about like knowing-where-your-car-keys-are smart

Calling for more paramedics smart

The virus mutates in a variety of ways in different people.

When bitten, some become ill, slowly get sick, die and reanimate into shufflers, some reanimate into runners, some turn almost straight away after being bitten, some go through a process where they slowly get sick but don't have the "dead" period and just suddenly start attacking and some bites can be asymptomatic with the virus laying dormant but able to be passed on.

80% of zombie movies are like this anyway because they all play fast and loose with the zombification mechanics, which don't really matter, for the sake of the plot which does.