This show any good?

This show any good?
I love mahou shoujo anime and shows like Gravity Falls, and someone linked me the show's intro and it's really catchy.

Funny you mention it, I'm just rewatching a random episode on DXD right now.

I find it has a lot of casual rewatchability.

Also it has a lot of casually grim humor, for instance just now Marco rummaging through the large intestines of a slain dragon for the partially digested remains of his parents off-screen.

it's aight

That sounds like bullshit, but it's unusually specific so I'm not sure what to think.

I didn't say that his parents actually WERE partially digested in the dragon's intestine.

Its the best cartoon since Invader Zim.

Thats pretty impressive.

The intro is the worst part of the show, lol. Second only to the pony head character. Other than her episode, the show is great. The characters are balanced; they have strengths and flaws, and grow as the show goes on. It has good humor and no propaganda (surprisingly).

Thanks I think I'll watch it
I'll fuck off for now and leave you on the note that I'd like to hug star

I think it's fairly good, but if you do plan to watch it you might want to pace yourself a bit, as we aren't sure when season 2 will hit (probably some time this year).

>I'd like to hug star
Of course, that's only to be expected.

Stay weird and wild.

Note that if you ask, most people recommending it are gonna do it on the grounds that they're pedophiles and want to fuck the 14 year old.

>wanting to fuck post-pubescent, fully developed females is pedophilia

>
>That sounds like bullshit, but it's unusually specific so I'm not sure what to think.

LOL!

You haven't watched it. :)

Star Vs. looks like a dumb little bubblegum show at a casual glance, but it's really, really not.

Mrs Skullnick is one of the best things about it, believe it or not.

>Also it has a lot of casually grim humor,

Somebody did a kill count for the show, I seem to remember it it got up to the twenties even before the season one finale.

The intro is the worst.

the ending song is superior

>Star
>fully developed

What because she finished Mewberty? We don't even know if there are more stages or even more to Mewman cycles.

Then again you'd have to be ten times as retarded to argue jacking it to a cartoon is even consequential enough to worry about in the first place.

More to the point

It's a decent show. Nobody on Sup Forums will ever tell you it's amazing, because it isn't. At the same time don't believe anyone that says it's the worst thing ever, because it's not. Even taking into account the worst parts of the show it's still a largely noticeable margin from being even nearly as bad as some people express.

The first few episodes are generally the worst in presentation and weaker than later episodes overall, so I wouldn't let that crash your opinion if you have the guts to stick around.

Generally it boils down to:

Pros:
+Fantastic lead pair dynamic
+Great formula
+Humor is mostly good, especially when it tries
+Toffee, even though introduced late into the first season, is a character everyone seems to like; even those that don't fancy the show

Neutral:
*Episode quality fluctuates rather strongly, some episodes are decent, some are great, some are fantastic, some are just meh, some are just ones you don't wanna touch again

Cons:
-Really rough start
-Occasionally has its really bad flubs
-Some vital parts just lack punch in its delivery and pacing
-You will want to drop the show because of the pony (she only appears in two episodes thankfully)

It's one of those shows you seriously need to watch on your own to form your own opinion. It's probably the most variable-in-reception cartoon I've ever seen in my life.

If it's not your thing, that's not abnormal. If it is though, great.

I never got the hate for ponyhead. She's exactly as annoying as she's supposed to be. That's the joke

>It's probably the most variable-in-reception cartoon I've ever seen in my life

I agree with pretty much everything you say about the show, but I wouldn't go so far as that.

On Sup Forums it seems disproportionately hated (probably because of the shit generals), but elsewhere it seems mostly positively received, with a smaller group who aren't big on it or dislike it and the group that says all new cartoons suck. It doesn't get a ton of attention, but that's probably due to it being on a channel most people don't have.

Not every idea is a good idea

Even if it was a good idea, good ideas never guarantee good outcomes

themoreyouknow.jpg

Well I don't know any other cartoons that get as wide of a spectrum in response as this one. But yes, generally it still does round up mostly to positive.

>he doesn't want to fuck Star

m8

Not him but I see Star more like a daughterfu and I can't sexualize that myself

story is garbage, you only watch it for the fetish fuel and rare good animation moment.

Fuck you!

The intro was one of the reasons why I keep watching the show. Itrs very upbeat and catchy. It makes me wanna whoop ass.

Yup, I don't watch this but if there's one thing I've learned from these threads, it's that Sup Forums wants to fuck Marco.

No, but watch it anyway because you're an idiot if you have to ask us to form your opinion for you.

this familia

Meh, if you like these things.....maybe yes

Really? The intro is my least favorite part of the show.

It's cute. Has its highs and lows, but is definitely enjoyable. I see a lot of potential for S2.

It has two big moments where the joke/message falls like, wildly flat. The end of the episode "Bananagic" (Star was mad haha) and one joke in the two-parter St. O's that just seemed like, oddly off. I think the writers have a lot of weirdness beneath the surface that hopefully Disney lets them unleash in the future.

It is kind of bullshit (it's the typical Sup Forums attitude of 'oh my god! how did that get into a cartoon! omg lol') but there are some surprisingly dark moments, like an elf being pulled into the gravity well of a sentient sun and being incinerated on-screen.

She's a cartoon character.

Me neither, really

Like I watched it all before coming to Sup Forums and I didn't think of ponyhead as terribly bad in the slightest

/sveg/ didn't used to be that bad, probably one of the comfiest Sup Forums generals, but as the gap between seasons wore on and more and more people filtered out, it's been reduced to namefags flirting with each other, complaining about how slow the thread is, and just being faggots in general

That being said I will shamefully admit I read some of the fanfiction from there

>That being said I will shamefully admit I read some of the fanfiction from there
the pain is real user, hiatus is really killing the fandom and the show itself

It's officially become worse than the GF hiatus right?

>Both had no date of airing
>SVs got 3rd season confirmed but GF still at least got shorts in between for their hiatus
>GF left its first season on 20 episodes of content, Star left on 13's worth

>Fully developed.

A girl isn't fully developed in most (if any ways) by the age of 14.

>Wanting to fuck young teens isn't pedophilia!

While technically true, hebephilia is a practically equivalent social taboo.

Yeeeeah, maybe? I get the impression that it at least has some genuinely appealing qualities outside of desperate fapbait, though. It certainly doesn't appear to be another SheZow!, which only caught on as much as it did around here due to the premise.

Yes they are actually. Puberty in girls lasts from about age 10 to age 15.

Disney has a fucked up schedule

Then the rest of the show will be that much better to you.