No one here actually subscribes to cable, right? Where do you get all your shows...

No one here actually subscribes to cable, right? Where do you get all your shows? You are watching them in a comfy manner, right? Torrenting episode by episode is not comfy.

Zen

I don't have a television. Or a computer.

Phoneposters need to leave.

I-I have Fios

Me on the left.

kodi

I never paid for TV in my life. Parents did.
Have not watched it regularly in almost 10 years.

TV keeps you weak, and subdued.

>underage b&

I'm 32 and have never paid for cable in my life. It's either been part of my apartment rent when I was in undergrad or graduate school or my parents paid for it when I was a kid and when I moved in for a few months after my fiance split for Kansas.

I'm 38
80s baby

>posted from my mom's basement

>dis nigga be bloggin yo

Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall.

That's my earliest memory. So, yeah, 80s babby.

It's midnight on a weekday, mods have school tomorrow. Chillax, hombre.

I remember Carter running the barn

you tried

We got rid of cable and land lines years ago.
We have Hulu, Netflix, hbonow, and sling and all t hat roku stuff. We don't pay for all of it, but we share with friends and family.
We pay for Hulu, and I split HBO with my brother. We pay for Amazon too. But I find it's totally worth it since we use shipping and Amazon music A LOT (also, STACK IS MOTHERFUCKINGBACK)

We torrent when we need to, but we also buy blurays of movies we really like. Then I offer the digital downloads of those movies to friends, who in return, sometimes send me DVDs of their Disney blurays for the kids.

Then there is the antenna, old school, for local news, jeopardy, etc. you can find some interesting stuff on the free over the air channels. NHK is one of my favorites, even though I am not even a weabooo. There are two true crime channels, kcet and pbs for Rick Steeves and antique roadshow, (and kid stuff) and there is even a new channel called Comet, which is all cheesy as fuck B movies from the 60s and 70s.

No one actually cares

graduated high school in 2004, the was the last time I lived in a house with cable. Did the $5 bin at walmart for all my movie needs until 2012, when I got Prime and Netflix. Sister gave me an old Roku so I have her HBO GO account now. Pepper in random streams I find here, and movies quietly uploaded to Youtube, I have literally no need for cable or dvds. It's a good age we live in for movies now.

I care

Cable comes free with the condo im in

But (You) are (You)

HE'S A CHINNY CHINNIAN

You are not you, you are me.

There is no (me)

kodi+exodus

I'm 32, and make $70k a year.

I'm still paying for my parent's TiVO. That was the deal, they get me faster internet (3mb/s down at the time), and I pay for the TiVO and Netflix. Actually rented DVDs, and copied them.

That was like 12 years ago.

I dont even own a TV since my first roommate.

I watch everything on my 24" 1980x1200 monitor.

I live alone in a 2 bedroom, and rarely come out of my small ass room.

i have not talked to any of my friends face to face in over a month.

my best friend finally stopped bothering me daily.

I ran into a friend i made out with at a Halloween party 9 years ago a month ago, but she couldnt recognize me. so i spent like an hour chit chatting her when my fucking retarded friend came by high as fuck, and said stupid shit, and she pretty much walked away, and I didnt say anything else to her the rest of the night.

the next day we matched on Tinder, but she stopped responding.

i've considered offing my self off, but I really like my job. there is a qt3.15 there. she is training me on her current field.
Plus, I wanna shoot my Springfield Arms 1911 a few more times at the range.

anyway, watching TV all day makes you fucking weak. You dont pay attention to life. You ignore things around you, you are shown horrors in other parts of the world, and become so desensitized you allow the same horrors to occur next door.

upvote

nice blog fag

>people paying for streaming services when kodi exists

I am he as you are me, and we are all together.

Paying for internet is just as bad here in America.

But.... Stack is back!

wtf are you even trying to say?

Im going to kill myself unless someone here convinces me not to

You make good money. Isn't there something on this earth you want to do? Climb Mount Everest? Fuck a Thai ladyboy? Explore deserts, jungles? See ancient castles, pyramids, monuments? Aurora borialis, the glaciers before they're gone? Black sand beaches, erupting volcanoes?

I've found traveling alone in a foreign country to quiet the mind and bring a sense of calm. Why not wander the earth? Swim with sharks, fuck a woman who doesn't speak your language?

your parents will probably be sad. But if you gonna do it you gonna do it

Those are some pretty fancy methods of getting yourself killed, but way more expensive and uncomfortable than necessary.

What does expense matter if your plan is to die? And I couldn't consider any of those things uncomfortable, except strenuous hiking, if you're not into that. Swimming with sharks is relatively safe if you do it right. International travel isn't inherently dangerous.

I get mine from Yesmovies

The money could go to consoling parents with a dead kid instead.

Altitude, STDS, extreme heat, bug/plant poison/malaria, getting stabbed by natives or getting exotic diseases, extreme cold, dry skin, and numerous other things that come with those ideas are all very uncomfortable.

As long as your funeral is paid for, money doesn't console those tho actually give a shit for you.

And you sound like a Whiney little bitch. Fuck it. I've done plenty of traveling without experiencing any of that alarmist shit. The world is a diverse and endlessly facinating place. I mean, don't go to Syria or anything, but it's one big beautiful playground. Clear waters, unique holidays and festivals, delicious foods and drink.

>money doesn't console those tho actually give a shit for you.
Bullshit, not having to pay a mortgage is a huge relief that will last for decades.
You sound like you actually do all your traveling via television.

Streaming

I buy physical media.

I wonder if you've ever lost someone really close to you. Yeah, it's nice to have your shit paid for, but waking up every morning and living every day with someone who you loved and cared for and depended on is gone, money doesn't even quantify.

Making yourself responsible for someone else's mortgage actually seems kind of fucked up, unless maybe they're your kids.

I only did 5 years of travel in and around Europe, but even when I get a chance to drive aimlessly for three days around the American Southwest, it's journey that calms my spirit. 1000 miles of desert can really clear the mind.

Its better than having nothing when they off themselves or encouraging your kid to travel and being partly responsible for their death.

I am saying if he is that well off at $70k/yr he could save up a while and pay off his parent's mortgage or at least make a pretty big dent before he becomes an hero and crushes their hearts.

>install Kodi on laptop, PC, or entertainment box
>run exodus
>pay $16 for realdebrid
>(optional) get a vpn
>unlimited movies and TV shows from anywhere at any point in time from any country ever from good torrent sources (4k, 1080p, Blu-ray rip all day

You could even save the $16 for real debrid but you'll only get a couple good sources on blockbuster films and shows. I also personally don't have a vpn but I've never had any issues with my ISP.

>tv keeps you weak and subdued
if you can be made weak by tv, then you are already weak my friend. you might as well call comcast

it sounds like you need tv my friendo

>watching TV all day makes you fucking weak
Yeah really, look at what it did to you.

>Torrenting episode by episode is not comfy

How so?

>shows come out same time each week
>have it setup to download everything automatically
>turn on tv and kodi has it right there ready to watch

>muh bread and circuses
doing anything but trying to dismantle the enemy means you've been subdued kid

As a parent, I'd much rather know my kid had some worthwhile experiences than to know they squirreled away money, being a homebody to pay for MY mortgage, that I as an adult willingly entered into.
I want my kid to have fun and adventures, not to slave away to make money for me, that's fucked up.

They weren't slaving away for you, they were slaving away for the system and decided to exit the trap and give all their extra resources to you.

>Torrenting episode by episode is not comfy
Spoken like an idiot who knows nothing about torrenting.

Tell me your knowledge, wise one.

>he says while posting on one of the most pointless shitpost-ridden boards of Sup Forums
Yeah I'm sure you're a real philosopher king, reigning from your parents' basement playing video games all day.

If you have no concept of desire or pleasure that might enrich your existence, then so be it. Just don't live under the dilusion that your money will console the parents of a dead child. It won't.

Learn the ways of RSS feeds and begin your journey down the path of automation. When the day comes that you need only open your media player or turn on your TV to watch what has been downloaded while you slept, then you will have attained true comfy.

It won't completely console them, it will provide some comfort, but its still better than sending their own kid off to their death to pursue some unattainable desire and still being stuck decades of house payments.

You insist on implying they're "sending them off"

I guess we have to agree to disagree. I would so much rather my kid go off and experience some of the world, try and have some experiences, than to try and pay for my lifestyle. That's not their responsibility. It's actually the opposite. I don't ever, ever want my kids to feel like they have to pay a single penny for MY comfort, when I brought them into this world.
I'd rather my kid get eaten by a hippo in Botswana than eat a bullet less than 10 miles from home.

reddit gold x1

Yea if they are as dumb as you and insist that some shitty vacation will cure depression brought on by the modern condition, then that is exactly what happened.

If they get eaten, you have to take a second mortgage to get their body back from Africa, if they use an exit bag and contract a minimum cost burial and put the rest towards your mortgage, you live the rest of your life debt free, but with your retarded ideals about how green the grass is somewhere else, you probably will just blow it all and drag yourself back into debt slavery.

You forget my initial caveat "as long as the funeral is paid for"
Like I said, if there is nothing across this huge green earth that could bring you some joy or wonder (not assuming that it 'cures' depression) then what the fuckever. Why are you sitting here ere reading my replies in the first place? You should be dead already. Maybe you can do some cool, interesting, or fulfilling shit before offing yourself. Maybe discover something on this earth worth living for, maybe not..

But like I said, if I'm in debt slavery, that's my own fault, I'd feel like shit for the rest of my days if my kid offed himself and bought me out of that. I mean, a parent of a kid who commits suicide is going to feel shitty for the rest of their lives REGARDLESS.
Butgoddamn, if your parents are so shitty that you feel responsible for their debt, no wonder you're suicidal.
Listen, man. Your parents sound stupid and useless, you SHOULD leave them with monumental debt, if they're the kind of people who would lick their wounds with your cash after you're gone.

tl;dr

If people weren't consoled from grief by large sums of money, they would sue for wrongful death and the like all the time.

>posted from my mom's basement

I stream everything,I save lots of stuff download it and watch it at work on my phone,getting paid while watching shows is pretty comfy.I watched all of naruto (fucken sucked) and all most all of one piece on the clock.

Have you guys ever noticed how his chin looks like a pair of saggy balls?

>Not shit posting on Sup Forums from the library.

I use an over the air antenna
I did start using this on my smart tv to watch mst3k and rifftrax

>reddit spacing

what is that even?

I just wait until the season ends the download the lot.

currently waiting on little witch academia to finish up so I can watch it in one go

kramer's looking rough these days

With the internet I feel is a waste of effort and money to pay for television.

And I dont even pirate that much, maybe a short series once every six months I watch talk shows on youtube for the most part.

This year I've only pirated Ugly Americans and Cowboy Bebop.

Cancelled my cable when SG-1 was cancelled.

Never looked back.

Pirate all the things.

I see one film a week in theatres.
Besides that, I also have a subscription to Netflix and purchase Blu-Rays of movies that I either love or consider to be important films.

I don't torrent or have cable. I actually don't even have free-to-air channels right now, but that's only because my roommate recently moved out and took the antenna cord with him.