Hello Sup Forums

Hello Sup Forums

First time browsing this board and first time really getting into comics. I've devoured enough Manga over the years, that I've hit a drought with things that cater to my tastes.

Yesterday, a thread on Sup Forums had an user talk about Y - The Last Man. It got me intrigued, and I just finished reading it.

I loved it, but now I have no idea where to go next. Any recommendations that could get me started in the world of comics? Something similar to Y, no superhero stuff if you don't mind. Thanks for any and all help.

Okay. Here are some basic, entry-level recommendations to help you get started.

>First time browsing this board
Fuck off newfag.
>recommendations
Hey newfag there's a board called fucking /wsr/ fuck off there for requests.

The same author does a book called Saga which is generally pretty well received.

Thank you for the recommendations, I'll get right on to reading those.

I'm assuming you're looking for long running series with one continuous story, considering your manga-only background, and the fact that you liked Y: The Last Man. Your safest bet is looking at other Vertical titles for one that interests you. You may want to make sure it has the same writer all the way through though, since that isn't always the case with American comics.

Asterix
Bone
Preacher
Sandman
Jonah Hex
Donald Duck/Uncle Scrooge by Don Rosa or Carl Barks

shut up

was it during the world's end harem thread?

try lil depressed boy. The Boys if you can stomach the scenes, the story is fcuking great. sex criminals.
and all that

That writer also wrote Ex Machina which is pretty good, what I've read of it anyways.

Why does this keep getting posted?
I doubt anyone on Sup Forums has read any of them besides Cerebus.

I am surprised no one else has recommended anything by Y's author.

Check out Ex Machina and Prode of Baghdad. Both are awesome and published around the same time.

>The Boys
>Sex Criminals
Stop

>Not reading american splendor, concrete,or the bus
Are you new?

>manga

Look into the writer for Y the Last Man
If you loved his work, it goes to think you'll enjoy other stuff he made.
Saga.
I think he made Runaways.

Also maybe check out some of the other big popular Vertigo comics.
Preacher
Fables
Sandman

Check the Sup Forums recommend Tumblr
It was an old way to always have all the made Recommended Reading lists on hand.

Hasn't been maintained in at least a year, so slight chance half the images don't work.

fables until the end of the war. Other than Cubs in Toyland, everything post war is garbage.

The Bus shows up in every other political cartoon thread

Read Maus.
What does Sup Forums think of Maus anyway.

I really liked it although trying to describe the whole story within a story aspect to somebody can be a pain.
"Good night Richieu" ;_;

Loved the first volume, but never got around to the rest.
I should try to find vol2

youre a manga-fag so youd most enjoy comics that have manga influence

read Vaughn's "Runaways" and then "Wayward" currently printed by image

then you read Ronin by frank miller

>Ex Machina
Are you serious? IMO the ending was so bad that it pulled the entire series, which was actually good, down to a level where I simply cannot recommend it.