Was he an android?

Was he an android?

Other urls found in this thread:

my-files.ru/Save/6y0xu3/Чужой 3 (ТВ 6).mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=NT0epw9P7-o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who knows. If only the film gave us some kinda clue.

>Characters in movies NEVER lie, you guys!

Alright, let's go with the options here.

Either he's an actual person, or he's a completely new type of android who recoils in pain when struck, lacks any physical signs of being a droid and acts with more personality than any other droid in the series.

Not any droid? Or just not one of the droids we're looking for?

You forgot to mention that he has his ear and chunk of his head sliced off and apparently that doesn't phase him much

People always seem to forget this.

If a normal person had this done to them they'd be out cold from either the blow or shock from having half of their head ripped off.

He was a droid, just a better calibre of droid.

It's kinda crazy that all they had to do was let the shot where he recoiled in pain last for a few seconds longer and not call him Bishop II in the credits to kill this stupid theory.

I don't know, I think if the company wanted to fool Ripley they could conjure up such a droid. The company: A.) knew Ripley was emotionally attached to Bishop in some capacity and B.) have used Bishop's model/form in the past to trick people in the guise of a company spokesperson.

>B.) have used Bishop's model/form in the past to trick people in the guise of a company spokesperson.
?

Fun fact: the ear was from a mask of The Joker from Batman '89 and Fincher wanted it put on at the last minute because it 'made Bishop more obviously human'.

Alien: Colonial Marines

No, it's not very good, but it's as close to 'absolute' canon from an EU source as you're going to get.

I swear to god, when I was a kid, I remember seeing a version on TV where his blood was white/milky. It forever confused me as to whether or not he was a droid.

If he was a human, why would he model a droid after himself years ago that looks old? During the events of Aliens the 'real' bishop would have been a young man, so why would he make his droids look in their mid-40s?

The company found out Ripley was there and sent their best asset (a familiar more advanced droid) to entice her to them.

Good point, user.

>blood
>it's red

gee I wonder

>What is dye?

can you peel the skin with ear, dangling like that, from human?

assembly cut completely fucked up the ending.

>or he's a completely new type of android who recoils in pain when struck
i'd go with Occam's razor and let poor Weyland to be human, cuz him being android doesn't add anything interesting or useful to the plot

alien 3 is crap

See

Sure, easy job, you do.

Aliens and Alien 3 are set in the same year, there's no massive time gap like between alien and aliens or alien 3 and alien ressurection

right, they didn't make any significant progress in business-tier androids production within last 50 years (besides designing 100% failsafe violence inhibitors), but movie must somehow introduce a new, luxury version of android, indistinguishable from human being and specifically made for presidents of universe and interrogating VIP's who have emotional connections with other androids, who look like him...

Weyland-Yutani could be run by an android and it wouldn't make a difference.

What the hell? I don't remember him getting his ear torn away like that. It's been years since I've seen it, but I remember the "Douse the fucker!" guy hitting him in the back with a fire extinguisher or something, and then getting gunned down by the WY mercs.

this user is right - the real bishop could be the designer of only the "bishop" model. The one that was made 50 years ago and seen in Alien could be made by someone else.

Thats true actually, i thought it was 57 years but thats Alien-Aliens. I stand corrected.

I still think he's an android though.

I don't think he was an android simply because he appeared to be in charge. Androids aren't allowed to be in charge.

This would make a lot of sense. Especially given how David is acting at the moment.

Cold, calculating and will do anything for the pursuit of science... also no mention of resolving the bonus situation.

>Aliens and Alien 3 are set in the same year,

for what raisen? is this bullshit or is it stated in the film? i dont think ive seen it since it came out on vhs, but now i remember another one of the 100 raisens i hated it for.

What's the milk-like fluid meant to be?

Nothing is stated as such, it's just widely accepted that its within a couple of years at most.

Big cums

Synthetic blood I guess. Androids don't need oxygen so there's nothing to give the fluid a red color.

Didn't the actual human "Bishop" die in AvP?

While not explicitly stated in the movie, there are tons of other materials showing the cannon timeline which will tell you

then he's a human.

Theatrical version doesn't even raise that stupid question - the 85, wrongly accusing Bishop that he's an android, only emphasize his narrow-minded intelligence, and that's the best way of narration cuz it makes fucking sense (that and also the fact that company cares infinetly about getting xenomorph that it would risk senging their major asset in the field)

He's obviously a robot since he would be long dead after AvP which was hundreds of years earlier

why bother?

Well with weyland also being in Prometheus it's hard to say which is the canonical Weyland.

I choose Prometheus to be canon, disregarding AVP and having Bishop II as either the creator of the bishops or an advanced prototype himself.

My argument for him being an android is, despite people saying he recoiled in pain from the blow, remember Call in Resurrection also winced when sticking the jack plug in her arm.

But at the end of the day the canon is so fucked no one will ever really know.

In the dvd commentary they say he is human

>why bother

i've heard of that one, but never seen it.

There's a link in some russian forum with Alien 3 alternative cuts (when people merge Assembly cut with dog's scene and theatrical ending) discussion in it, and someone has posted strange tv release that is drastically different from theatrical/assembly cuts
my-files.ru/Save/6y0xu3/Чужой 3 (ТВ 6).mp4

Maybe it's the one you're talking about (downloading right now to check it out)

nope, blood looks the same

He's a tough son of a bitch.

You mean like Deckard?

>AvP
>Canon

AvP is it's own universe, it's like saying marvel vs capcom is canon to marvel

Prometheus has Peter Weyland, AVP has Charles Bishop Weyland

Lance Henriksen is such a man's man.

youtube.com/watch?v=NT0epw9P7-o

Dosnt matter ether way.

of course. who else would you send to a fucking maximum security prison planet full of fucking aliens? the biggest badass on the staff.

I saw it at the cinema and two TV version at the beginning of 90´s and there is just blood.

>Was he an android?

The truth is nobody knows, in different interviews sometimes Lance Henriksen as said that Bishop was human and sometimes he said it was a droid.

Alien 3 happens just a couple of weeks after Aliens, so there is no time to do a "special" version of Bishop.

In the other hand, he got a hit that could kill a person.

Is ambiguous, thats why is so great.

If Bishop in Alien 3 was human wouldn't that make him nearly 130+ years old?

He could he a clone of the original Bishop.

This is Alien 3 so production must've forgot - white substance - for android. It was that kind of production famalam. Lance was just covering their ineptitude.

>If Bishop in Alien 3 was human wouldn't that make him nearly 130+ years old?

How? Alien3 happens just a week after Aliens.
Dont tell me you are counting AVP as canon because thats plain stupid.

cryo-sleep

>2122 AD - Happenings from Alien.
>Bishop date of birth - 2127 AD

No I meant if he created the first series of bishop droids before the events of Alien (1) that could possibly make him around 30-40 maybe even 50 years old right there (not taking into account how long the bishop androids have been in service before the events of the film), then there's around a 60 year time period between Alien & Aliens.

terminators are from a different movie series with a different creator with a different list of design criteria.

Ripley has a daughter that's biologically older than her.

What is so hard to believe about Bishop?

>create android line based on yourself
>go to sleep and wake up in a world where you're famous and shit and your creationa have already impacted the world and the people living in it

Based Bishop.

It's not man I'm just speculating is all.

Fincher said they filmed without a definitive script so maybe they wasnt sure about it. I dont think they could forgot, because there was Tom Woodruff and Alec Guillis, was on board with practical effects and both was part of Stan Winston FX team in Aliens.

>“I play the man who created Bishop in his image, a guy actually much less human than his creature.”
>Lance Henriksen, L’Ecranfantastique, 1992.

Note this is when he was promoting Alien 3

>“In the script it said Bishop I and II … if you were going to build an android you’d build it in your own image. It’s like when you read the Bible – God made man in his own image.”
>~ Lance Henriksen, Alien 3 commentary, 2003.

In some scripts, Bishop dies screaming he is human after he got hit

>AARON: You fucking droid –!
>And smashes Bishop II in the head.
>Bishop II writhes on the floor. The troops fire on >Aaron, shoot him down.
>Bishop II turns.
>No wires.
>No milk.
>Real blood.
>BISHOP II: I am not a DROIDDDDD!!!!

The assembly cut show Bishop more pain than the theartrical release.

>When Lance gets hit in the head with this lead pipe, we had an appliance which showed his ear had become dislodged, as Fincher wanted to show that this is the real guy, and not a synthetic person.”
>~ Tom Woodruff, Alien 3 commentary, 2003.

>No I meant if he created the first series of bishop droids before the events of Alien (1)

In Aliens is stated that Ash (the droid from Alien 1) was not part of the same line of droids than Bishop

He's a clone. They have the technology to fucking scrape a totally melted Riply out of a pool of hot lead and clone her, they can create clones of the richest man in the galaxy

>They have the technology to fucking scrape a totally melted Riply out of a pool of hot lead and clone her, they can create clones of the richest man in the galaxy

>Alien resurrection

Sorry, but clonation was bring to Alien universe just to justify Riply comeback.

Clonation was not part of Alien, just an excuse.

How dare they introduce new elements instead of making the same movie again.

More like a group of suits yelling one to other in desesperation:

"HOW WE BRING RIPLEY BACK TO LIFE TO CASH MORE MONEY!!"

"HEY DID YOU SAW THE NOTICE ABOUT THAT DOLLY SHEEP?"

"CLONATION? THATS GENIUS!!"

Clonation is the universal key for "we are out of ideas" along Time Travel