Who else fell for the renewable energy meme?

Who else fell for the renewable energy meme?

In Germany its basically a disaster: energy prices inflated by almost 100% for subsidiaries and they didn't even manage to get rid of existing power plants.

Other urls found in this thread:

afr.com/news/politics/sas-embrace-of-renewables-coming-home-to-roost-20160721-gqacxh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Count us in.
Pretty much did the same thing
to our prices

You're a fucking faggot.
Nazies loves the nature, they would support the renewable energy.
If you don't like the wind genertors, praise the biogas power plants.

Or go back to China.

Bump, pol really got fast

You realize that wind parks basically destroy the nature, right?

You have to remove fast areas of forests, it destroys the panorama and it kills thousands of rare birds that fly into the turbines.

It doesn't even reduce emissions cause you still need power plants as backup, in case there is no wind, so all you do is producing overpriced waste energy.

*vast areas

I've already said about biogas.

I don't mind a little bit of renewable energy, but the future of energy lies within other means.

I never fall for anything because I seem to be anti everything.

Are nuclear plants still being shut?

i work on wind turbines ama

Fusion/Nuclear is the Future. Renewable Energy is nice but it isn't enough.

nah come on now.. its simply not the case that in 100 years we'll still be burning shit for our power.. investement in the infrastructure and emergiing techs now, is not only inteligent but essential and also a responsibility of superior nations like Germany who have led and will continue to lead the world in advancement for as long as your people remain willing

Australia is suffering the highest energy prices on record due to the subsidisation of the renewable energy systems, and one of our political parties that just got a member elected wants to double down on the money pit and result vaccum that is renewables. fuck I hate greenies.

afr.com/news/politics/sas-embrace-of-renewables-coming-home-to-roost-20160721-gqacxh

Yep
Germany burns more coal now than any time in the past 40 years
They're actually going backwards

Government shouldn't decide which energy source to be used. That should be up to the free market and which energy source is in demand.

Nuclear is the best and new generation nuclear power plants are safe but there is probably alot stakeholders who prefer renewable energy because it's expensive meme that give them alot of money.
in the currect state renewable is not good enough

Lord Kek wills it.

You ever been to that bigass indoor water park in brandenburg man? that thing looks fucking cool as shit

this

>Who else fell for the renewable energy meme?

Renewable energy, in 25-50 years, may be a great thing. At the moment, though, we lack the battery or other technology to make large-scale use of intermittent energy sources economically viable. So governments have to waste huge subsidies on it to hide how expensive it is.

I have nothing against investing in research into making such sources viable. But trying to force non-viable energy products onto the market is economic foolhardiness of the highest order.

Germans wasted ton of money on total scam, big news!
How is that new berlin airport proceeding?

The scottish government here did, there's wind turbines all over and it does diddly squat for the most part.

>Live in Scotland (fleg is work related reasons).
>Seperatists are unhealthily obsessed with windfarms, and completely ignore the fact that current and many future models are more inefficient than 19th Century generators.
>Constantly trying to reach goals of Europe's/world No. 1 in number of onshore/offshore/etc. turines.
>Entire countryside which includes some of the continent's most beautiful and untouched landscape marvels is being systematicallly destroyed and ruined.
>Saw firsthand a nearby forest be completely gutted and replaced with steel, concrete and radioactive materials used in the dynamos.
>This is apparently "helping the environment".
>All the investment and growth promised is too short to be called short term.
>Meanwhile UK-wide government bureaucrats are pocketing hundreds of thousands from taxmoney going into it.

>You have to remove fast areas of forests
what are wind parks at sea...

>kills thousands of rare birds that fly into the turbines.
That's just a myth.

Conclusion: you are a fucking retard.

Good for windy coast country. Try to supply Bawaria using wind farms.

Meanwhile I get to enjoy my nice cheap energy from the local nuclear power plant.

Renewables are good for small scale stuff, but for large scale stuff (providing power to entire sections of nations) or places where renewables arent an option, more centralized power generation is needed.
People seriously need to get over their fucking fear of nuke plants, because at the rate things are going they'll be our only major source of power in the future.

Feels good man.