>better action
>a more satisfying conclusion
>more faithful to source material

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg#t=97
letterboxd.com/joshrosenfield/film/captain-america-civil-war/
youtube.com/watch?v=c1JAvW2vZr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Both are shit, pretentious and fail at what it wanted to be but Civil War has a more satisfying conclusion and it's at least fun to watch.

>higher stakes
BvS but we have no real clue what Abomination was going to do or even what he was currently doing but I can generally assume it's much worse than just dismantling a private taskforce

>a more believable feud
Cap vs Iron Man. Bats vs Supes was incredibly one sided and even if you can convince anyone he actually had a problem with Batman, they were both still tricked by Lex in the most idiotic way. Both Tony fighting Cap to kill Bucky and arguing over the Accords felt way more realistic than any conflict in BvS.

>better action
Civil War. All the action scenes were generally well done except for Widow's shaky cam scenes. The video game-y CGI of the final fight in BvS is just really off putting at times. I know you need it to really showcase Supes power but it gets pretty ridiculous at times.

Civil War I guess? Both had poor endings but I like what the end of Civil War implies. Nomad, Secret Avengers, anything really. The ending of BvS hints that Superman is coming back and that his death was just for cheap emotional impact while everybody knew they were going to form the JL.

Neither but Civil War if I really had to give it to someone. The accords is the only real thing that can be comparable to the superhero registration act and the only thing that ties it to the comics. BvS on the other hand is not like The Dark Knight Returns at all or pretty much any of the World's Finest comics. Also Batman kills, Superman is broody, Lex is kooky.

Who fucking cares?

BvS
Civil War felt like an episode of Steven Universe

>which movie had/was
>BvS

>higher stakes
BvS
>a more believable feud
neither
>better action
BvS
neither
neither

>higher stakes
BvS
>a more believable feud
BvS
>better action
BvS
BvS
ehh civil war I guess

>>higher stakes
Probably BvS.
Superman, Lex, Doomsday - they're all global threats the likes of which could do untold damage if out of check. Where as Civil War? They were all still good guys, the fued was about HOW they do their good. And Bucky. But it wasn't an end-of-the-world kinda deal.
>>a more believable feud
Civil War. By far. But they had some 12 movies to lay that foundation...They did give more compelling reasons for Stark and Cap to take the sides they took. Where as Batman and Superman fought because Lex... Tony and Steve would have fought regardless of Zemo - just to a lesser extent.
>>better action
I guess it's hard to say. BvS had some 'epic' fight scenes. Where as CW had some great 'Wow!' moments. I give it a tie, only because they're too different in this regard.
>>a more satisfying conclusion
Civil War.
>>more faithful to source material
Civil War was a far cry from the comic, but it still followed elements and themes present therein.

>>higher stakes
Batman v Superman. Civil War (both movie and comic) fail to take into account how essentially powerless the government is to stop Superheroes, and that's kind of the point of Superheroes. They function as modern day mythological characters who are larger than life.

>>a more believable feud
Civil War. Tony Stark is a narcissistic dick, and that's kind of the point of him as a character. While Batman being crazy does make sense the point is that you want Batman to stop being crazy and actually become friends with Superman.

>>better action
Batman v Superman. Say what you will about Batman v Superman; you can't argue that the warehouse scene isn't the BEST cape action scene in cinema.

>>a more satisfying conclusion
Batman v Superman. I felt like I'd witnessed something epic, whereas at the end of Civil War I felt like I'd been introduced to two characters (Spiderman and Black Panther)

>>more faithful to source material
Well as Civil War is literally based on an actual comic story while Batman v Superman is an amalgamation of lots of different things. I'd say Civil War even though the comic is awful and they made some necessary change it still had many the same problems as the comic.

>Tony and Steve would have fought regardless of Zemo

Not really. Take away the UN bombing and framing Bucky, and Steve just retires. The only way I see hom fighting then is if they did something fucked up to Wanda.

>I felt like I'd witnessed something epic

I liked Batman v Superman.

Deal with it.

Also, I didn't care too much for Civil War. Deal with it.

Better action my ass. BvS a shit

I smell shill

The action in Civil War was a dog's breakfast.

>Say what you will about Batman v Superman; you can't argue that the warehouse scene isn't the BEST cape action scene in cinema.

I can.

The shots were too dark and I have no idea wtf Batman was doing.

And if you mean the BvS fight itself, ot was too short.

Also Civil War had Giant-Man

>higher stakes
BvS
>a more believable feud
Civil War
>better action
Civil War, though I feel BvS could be on par it if it wasn't so dark all the time
Civil War
None of them were particularly faithful to the source material. Probably Civil War overall though.

And I laugh at you.

Deal with that.

>The shots were too dark and I have no idea wtf Batman was doing.

Looked pretty coherent to me.

Then that would make the BvS action dogshit.

>I felt like I'd witnessed something epic

That one Batman fight scene is better than any fight scene in the entire MCU.

>Sup Forums shitposters can't handle an opinion

Don't you nerds have to jerk it to some Rotten Tomatoes reviews to affirm that your opinion is "objectively correct"?

I praise your attention.

I hot more out of Civil War. Then again I just love seeing Evans Cap kicking ass. Also spiderman, falcon, British Petroleum and Big guy 4 u.

Are you actually gonna tell me that that dorky slapfight from Civil War was better than the action in BvS?

is that way

Also nothing in BvS compares to the Winter Soldier fights

>higher stakes
BvS

>a more believable feud
BvS, since in CW they couldn't fucking decide whether the casus belli was Bucky or the Accords.

>better action
BvS

BvS, but I understand why many aren't happy

Neither, since CW has nothing to do with the comic's story and BvS is basically a new story.

You're right, nothing can top these shots of Chris Evans.

Im saying it as it is.

Civil War had more variety in its fights. Thats a theme with the MCU: variety. Granted: MoS had some pretty epic DBZ-esque fights but thats MoS. And it gets dumb after a while.

>Also nothing in BvS compares to the Winter Soldier fights

youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg#t=97

The fights scenes in Winter Soldier were a bunch of close up/medium shot shaky cam. Boring as hell. Batman v Superman at least had a sense of visual wit to the fight scenes.

>they couldn't fucking decide whether the casus belli was Bucky or the Accords

Bucky was the reason Cap went rogue. Cap had no reason to fight anyone over the Accords.

Accords were the reason Stark could be ordered to go capture him. Stark had no personal reason to give a single shit about Bucky.

Wow, it's almost as if neither happened in a vacuum and they both contributed

For the record I love those shots.

He clearly wants sluts

>Batman v Superman at least had a sense of visual idiocy to the fight scenes.

Ftfy

>Thats a theme with the MCU: variety

That's literally the last word that comes to mind. It's the most bland and samey thing in cinema right now.

The new Star Wars is blander

So the two main players in Civil Fucking War could not agree on what was the reason to fight each other. Not good for me.

Say what you want about BvS, but at least Batman had a clear motivation to fight Superman, while the latter tried to avoid a firect confrontation until the last moment.

Cap in CW and Superman in BvS both act selfishly but only BvS acknowledges it in the film. So it gets points for self awareness.

Rogue One looks interesting.

>Civil War
>Batman Vs Superman
>Batman Vs Superman
>Batman Vs Superman
>Civil War

The thing is the movie being discussed isn't Winter Soldier.

If it were there might be an actual argument as the fight scenes in Winter Soldier are all pretty great. But the fight scenes in Civil War, barring the first one against Crossbones were pretty forgettable.

>Batman had a clear motivation to fight Superman, while the latter tried to avoid a firect confrontation until the last moment.

Sounds like they didn't agree on the reason to fight each other.

What? I think BvS fight scene is fine.

Man I dunno what the hell you are smoking.

BvS was forgettable as fuck. Even the fight with Doomsday was merely a fight with a larger abomination.

I dont think Ill ever forget that airport fight. Theres a reason why they keep making threads about it

Fine bullshit, then sure

They didn't agree on whether to fight, that's vastly different. Bats had a reason, Superman wanted to avoid the fight. Superman clearly fought back only when he realized Batman had a way of killing him and dooming his mother in the process.

In CW, the two parties fought each other on completely different bases, bringing in people who had nothing to do with said reasons, but neither wehe in doubt on whether to fight each other.

It was slow, boring , and stiff. Also nonsensical

>Cap acts selfishly
>by protecting an innocent man from getting killed by police

If you replace Bucky with anyone else, no one would be saying anything about it.

How is it nonsensical?

He's not pulling rank on the cops for every guy who got a bad break. It's his buddy. So yeah it is selfish.

BvS was better on all accounts.

sh-shut up!

>In CW, the two parties fought each other on completely different bases,

Why is that a problem?

>bringing in people who had nothing to do with said reasons

So your problem is that each character has his own reason for being there instead of it just being a simple binary issue with everyone split down the middle?

>higher stakes
BvS
>a more believable feud
BvS
>better action
I'll say BvS, mostly because I don't get what's the motivation behind Hawkeye, Ant Man and Spidey. It felt like a bar fight. (Also, fuck Tony for manipulating a kid.)
BvS
Civil War because it's actually based on a comic.

>each character has his own reason for being there

What's Scott's reason? The guy was all about being there for his daughter and staying out of jail at the end of his last movie, and then he's all for being part of an international incident because he's gay for Steve?

Captain America had info that the guy who bombed the UN is on his way to where 5 super soldiers are being held. You're one of the few people he felt he could call on at the time.

>because he's gay for Steve?

Do you just not realize who Captain Fucking America is in this universe?

Higher Stakes : BvS
Believable feud: both sucked
Better action: CW
Conclusion: both sucked
Source material: BvS

to be honest, both moves were underwhelming. BvS was the bigger turd

>letterboxd.com/joshrosenfield/film/captain-america-civil-war/

>The real battle royale this summer isn't between Batman and Superman, or between Captain America and Iron Man, or between the X-Men and the purple guy. It's over the soul of blockbuster cinema. Marvel has clearly staked its claim, and DC announced its own perspective rather loudly a few months ago. The latter made a film which, while admittedly convoluted, was at least a stab at something grandiose and new. It didn't make logical sense, but it felt like it did. There was an emotional truth to every punch. The former studio doesn't make films so much as it engineers them on a factory line. They're designed to be CinemaSins-proof, but they come off more as automatons than anything else. Yes, Captain America: Civil War makes sense. It makes logical sense. But it doesn't make emotional sense. That's the side Marvel's taken for years. And they're winning.

Also it was an opportunity to stick it to a Stark.

Look, you can't get your impression of the Starks from Hank fucking Pym and not grow to hate the lot of them.

Who cares who Cap is? Scott has a daughter. There's no reason for him to be on Steve's side except he's nominally an "outlaw."

Elaborate.

How? Especially the nonsensical one, please explain.

>There's no reason for him to be on Steve's side except he's nominally an "outlaw."

Or maybe he's genuinely concerned about what a guy like Zemo could do with 5 supersoldiers because he's a hero.

>I dont think Ill ever forget that airport fight. Theres a reason why they keep making threads about it
The airport fight just felt like a bunch of guys dicking around. It was fun to watch but I forgot like half of what happened.

IMO the fight between Tony, Cap, and Buck at the end was a far better one. Especially because it was so personal.

I disagree, the airport fight was fun and entertaining but capt, bulky vs stark is boring and awful especially when you compare it with the cap vs bulky in TWS or the airport fight.

I didn't like CW's airport scene "spot fest"

>bulky

Anons, please. Your opinions are both terrible.

>Bourne rip-off
give up, user

You know what kind of ruins the whole airport thing for me? I was rewatching it recently and only the second or third time noticed that after the initial clash, Vision just kind of disappears until he crashes into Lang.

Makes sense. He can kind of fuck everyone's game up.

But still.

>Higher stake
BvS

>more believable feud
Civil War. They made logical steps toward their actions, whereas BvS made both characters retarded to make it happen.

>Better action
Civil War. Better and more of it

Civil War. The team was still in pieces, good plot twist, no MARTHA to magically make everyone friends

>more faithful to the source material
>Civil War. Not muh Batman and Superman

Well, Stan's was so BULK, user.

more like fat

>and only the second or third time noticed that after the initial clash, Vision just kind of disappears until he crashes into Lang.

It took you more than one viewing to notice that?

The only thing BvS had over CW was stakes and only manchildren think death-counts makes a movie 'epic'. AOU has more at stake than IM1, that does not make it a good or more enjoyable movie.

BvS is legitimately a movie with no integrity. It's a movie with four advertisements right in the middle of the second act, ruining any pacing what so ever. It's a movie that forces a fight between the two titular characters; where one drops a toiler onto the other one, *clunk* sound effect and all. It's a movie where a third random character, someone who has had no real presence within the movie, appears in the final climax in order to sell the trinity.

It's just amazing to me that people think that BvS is some film that holds the story and its characters in high regard cause it's not.

Sup Forums shitposters are the BvSuckers.
You're being a faggot by pretending a movie that was disliked by the majority of Sup Forums is disliked merely because of Sup Forums memes.

> People defending BvS

He's an outlaw who does what's right. So basically a perfect fit for Cap's side. If he were the type to do what he felt was wrong to stay with his daughter while 100% obeying the law, the Ant-Man movie would not have happened.

I mean, the Ant-Man creators are the ones that got the Russos to have him join Cap's side.

BvS is a bad movie but that don't make everything about it bad and we're talking about fight scene here, user.

>we had to kill Superman because Batman needed to be the one to gather the Justice League together
>superheroes can't have a serious conversation in costume
>if I say "transcendent" enough times it'll make my movie good

The fans defending the movie put more effort into it than Snyder did, that's for sure

Hey, only 2/5 times I saw Batman v Superman was I high.

I remember Giant Man, and Spiderman shit talking, but otherwise I can't actually remember shit about the Airport fight.

Whereas I always smiled hard when Batman throws a crate at two goons with his grappling gun.

I remember reading somewhere that CW feels like a movie made entirely out of gifs and it kinda stick with me. All the oneliners made it even worse.

>All of this DCuck shilling

People forget that what landed him in jail in the first place was doing the right thing through illegal manners.

Buckey is as innocent as a drug driver in a car accident.

>higher stakes
BvS

>more beliveable feud
Civil War, but I liked how Lex and Bruce played foils to each other. BvS was more about Batman than Superman in that sense.

>better action
Both of them were pretty good, but Civil War's big airport fight was awesome and BvS doesn't have an equivalent of a big sprawling fight that shows off so many varied characters effectively.

>more satisfying conclusion
Actually, I say BvS. The only person in CW who had a clear character arc and ends up in a different place from where they started was Black Panther. Everyone else brings their character conflicts within the team to light but nothing is really done to resolve any of that conflict.

>more faithful to the source material
both of them diverge pretty hard from it. In Civil War's case though they miss all the stupid bits from the comics event, but BvS misses out on a lot of great opportunities as a result.

The Batman fight was the only fight in BvS better than anything in Civil War, mainly because it was like the Arkham games irl. But every other fight was pretty boring

youtube.com/watch?v=c1JAvW2vZr0

Truth

>Do you just not realize who Captain Fucking America is in this universe?
A living legend?

Actually we don't, do they teach people about Captain America in schools?

If the driver was kidnapped, force-fed alcohol and then strapped into a car against his will, maybe

Batfleck and Fight scene is good and that's not an excuse, user.

That's a shit comparison. Being drunk is not the same as being sci-fi brainwashed and mind-controlled.

>it's a movie made of remarkable moments
Bruh
>it's a movie made of forgettable moments
Bruh, also nice that you remember a completely random and not that impressive bit from a scene, but that just proves you are more invested in Batman than in other characters.

A drunk driver who was intoxicated and put behind the wheel against their wishes maybe

I don't understand how people don't get that he was basically made into a remote controlled killer against his will. There's a scene where the villain explicitly brainwashes him against his will and he agrees to be locked up in the end until BP can take the shit out that makes him brainwashed