A couple of inches of snow

>a couple of inches of snow
>"BRITAIN IN CHAOS, LONDON GRINDS TO A HALT, THOUSANDS WITHOUT HEATING, FOOD"

Every fucking year

How do you deal with snow in your country?

We don't

We take the snow and put it in a place where it isnt in the way.

It snows at least two times per week here, pretty much standard

depends on the latitude

>East Coast
>handfull of people always die

Do you guys not know what a winter tire is?

Also sometimes people forget to put them on before the snow starts falling, then we have a new report about it and the northerners mock the southerners.

It's OK though, Northerners need to feel "cool" (no pun intended) sometimes too, so we'll let them have that one.

>he divides norwegians based on south-north. not west-east
Ler av deg fåvæ

>mfw took a day off work because of the snow
Majority of people don't bother with winter tyres because our winters are normally mild, it's unusual to get more than a dusting of snow in the Midlands/South of England desu

Classic Soviet snowgrabber

t. bergenser med mindreverdighetskompleks ovenfor oslo.

>bergenser
brann he ikkje vore seriemestar på mange år no.
Molde derimot...

Apart from Oslo isn't there fuck all in Eastern Norway?

well, yeah, if you want your roads to be net and clean immediately after the snow, you just have to pay the massive infrastructure needed to take care of it, simple as that

for your information, Montréal spends around 200 millions $ every year to do that

so either you want a super-reactive oversized infrastructure that you'll have to pay shitloads of buck for being useful 2 days in a year, or you don't want to pay the needed taxes and deal with those 2 days of chaos

We plow it out of the way, and then we go about our lives.

Bergen was the trade captal of norway during the hansa trade.

Vem fan skulle ha ett mindervärdeskomplex mot Oslo om man bor i Bergen?

Bergen >>>>>> Oslo

Snow is great and winter is much better than summer
t. snow expert

>East Coast
In general use, that term doesn't usually include the southeast coastal states.

I politely ask a fellow driver to sit in their car because I ran out of food/water and await help together

Walk on it.

there are like 2 million east norwegians who don't live in oslo. i'm one of them.

>Montréal
>useful 2 days in a year
Am I inferring correctly that you think it only snows a few times a year in Montreal, and that their snow removal infrastructure is oversized?

>tfw no snow in south-east england

lmao suck it everyone else.

>western europeans see snow for the first time in their lifes
this is cute

it's the same as this in western Germany except the media doesn't report it. trains grind to a halt, busses run reduced service, the food deliveries aren't made to the asylum seeker hotels, people can't get to work etc.

Fucking useless place, too

>germany

and this was after 5cm of snow.

We drink more pálinka in the morning than usual

>pálinka
disgusting

Me make love to keep warm

The snow is turning into horrible cold rain/sleet now. If it goes below freezing tonight the roads will be an ice rink.

Så klart, men bergensere har fortsatt et mindreverdighetskompleks ovenfor oslo fordi alt av politikk skjer der.

>Am I inferring correctly

no you're not

I have family in Montréal, went there in winter, and I know how it is and what they have to deal with

What I meant is that, if you want your roads being cleaned quickly, it needs a massive infrastructure paid by taxes, with shitloads of trucks, salt/gravel reserves, drivers who know how to drive and manage this (and lots of them so that the cleaning is done quickly), and so on. I used the Montréal example to indiciate how much such an infrastructure costs. So if OP wants his tiny layer of snow being dealt as efficiently, he has to accept to pay the according amount of taxes.

But of course, for a country where it snows 7 days per year, it would be completely oversized. So they don't pay for it, and prefer having to deal with 2 or 3 days of chaos and that's it.

No, he's saying that spending a huge a sum of money on the infrastructure necessary to deal with snow removal isn't worth it for a couple of days of snow in the UK. It's just cheaper to deal with the day or two of chaos.

In the late autumn when a snowfall suddenly sets in before people have changed to winter tires, there could be some road trouble, but mostly people driving off the road or denting their bumper.

The worst kind of weather isn't snow tho, it's freezing rain or dew. It coats the road and is really difficult to see.
The worst is if it's sunny and the road seems dry, but in the shadow there is still this frozen dew, and for a lot of people thinking it's dry this causes them to drive off the road.

This is also the main reason why they use salt on the roads here, not because it snows. A lot of people say "lol just use studded tires instead", but that really doesn't help much on freezing rain at high speeds.

same in tokyo
slight snow fall will paralyze city traffic

Ah, gotcha.
In our western states which get regular snow, they just plow a little, throw down some sand, and wait a day or two for the sun to melt it. Even fairly large metro areas like Denver do it this way. I live exactly 100 miles / 161 km south of Montreal, and we treat snow on our roads like Duterte treats a kid with a joint.

Tomorrow morning

Bergen is East?

Mate

lmao

that drivers has quick reflexes

I guess he didn't have his belt on

northerners always think southern urbanites go mad when the first snow hits but in reality nobody really cares apart from there being some traffic issues, but that's because there's actually people living here

RIP cars everywhere

In Paris and generally in north the entire cities are paralysed. Around the Alps and Massif Central, the biggest risk when it snows are the stupid parisians who show up without winter tires or chains.

north, no one gives a shit
south, calamity states and ask for gibs

f-fuck you!!

Actually find it hilarious that there's a dusting of snow and go mental.
Fucking state.

>one snowflake hits the train tracks
>5 trains cancelled and several delayed
The trains can't handle a change in the weather, it's absurd. Other than that, it's fine

tfw cooking shrimp on the barbie every weekend

>be northerner
>used to snow in winter
>get the most pathetic flurry
>southerners get snowed in
not chuffed desu

Same desu

Snow storm tonight! Get fucked nigs

same

Same here. Currently snowing.

I want to feel snow so baad.

It's fun if you grew up with it, but people from warmer places seem to hate it after about 10 minutes.
I hope you get to experience it somewhere nice, like Switzerland or Colorado.

lel

We get up and go to work

>Dealing with snow
Where you bullied at school? Life is not a comprtition with nature, just leave it be.

>Snow is great
NotAllSnow and you know it.

Snow in rural areas
>Weather report: "There might be snow in higher altitudes"
>Snowy pictures
>Reporters say "aww, so nice and cozy"

Snow in thessaloniki:
>New reports show some car spinning it's wheels
>anchorman suggests usage of snow chains
>"muh christmas"

Snow in Athers (3mm total height):
>EMERGENCY NEWS
>stock footage of wartime russia plays in the background
>"3 PEOPLE DEAD"
>OLD LADY SLIPS IN THE WAY TO THE GROCERY SHOP!!!1!!
>*30 min segment on how to walk outside, featuring 3 experts*
>IS THE APOCALYPSE COMING? MORE NEWS AT 8!
>"45 schools and 5 hospitals are closed, mayor announces state of emergency"

Snow in the North
>Weather report: "There might be snow in higher altitudes"
>Snowy pictures
>Reporters say "aww, so nice and cozy"

Snow in the Midlands
>New reports show some car spinning it's wheels
>anchorman suggests usage of snow chains
>"muh christmas"

Snow in the South (3mm total height):
>EMERGENCY NEWS
>stock footage of wartime russia plays in the background
>"3 PEOPLE DEAD"
>OLD LADY SLIPS IN THE WAY TO THE GROCERY SHOP!!!1!!
>*30 min segment on how to walk outside without tripping on your burka, featuring 3 experts*
>IS THE APOCALYPSE COMING? MORE NEWS AT 8!
>"45 schools and 5 hospitals are closed, mayor states it's part and parcel"

Doesn't snow here

that's just the British railroad system: it doesn't work in summer because of the heat, it doesn't work in autumn because of the leaves on the rails, it doesn't work in winter because of the snow or the frozen rails
it works in spring, though (when the drivers don't have hay fever)

lmao fucking snowniggers

They specifically build our rail infrastructure with parts that cannot handle snow (especially the track shifters). It have been that way for decades, but apparently they rather have rail traffic break down every winter, than build a proper rail system.

> Heatwave deaths: 760 lives claimed by hot weather as high temperatures continue

> Professor Virginia Murray, head of extreme events and health protection at Public Health England, said: "The risk of death and risk of illness really concerns us.
"Data has shown real risk of increased deaths when temperature goes above 26C."
> The heatwave is expected to continue into next week, with temperatures in the high 20s Celsius at the weekend, rising to 30C and above next week.

haha sissy brit boy

they arent prepared even though it happens every year at the same time

Items I observed yesterday to scrape windshields:
>A frisbee
>The Rake
>clothes hanger

-20°C isn't that bad as long as there isn't any wind ťbh

Snow ain't stopping that sweet BBQ

Here in Zhejiang 10°C and under feels so much colder here than in the UK despite the fact there hasn't been any rain in ages and it's not windy at all
I can imagine I'd enjoy -20°C in the UK more than where I am atm
Saying that, if it managed to get to -20°C in the UK something has gone wrong and it shouldn't be a time for laying back

Maybe if you're the leader of the communist party, that is.

-5°C in my cunt feels the same as here dunno why tho

lucky you
how cold is it getting up there during the day?

im freezing out here

It snows every couple of years here in texas and when it does all the schools close down since no one is ready

>warmest it gets is -18°C

I wouldn't expect anything else either. Why pay a lot of money for snow stuff when it only snows for a couple of days every odd year or so

I thought only our government was subhuman enough to cannot deal with such crap like this