What's the point of two characters with the same powers?

What's the point of two characters with the same powers?

So they can make out.

Avoids characters being special snowflakes and lets readers see how different people approach having a certain power

Or it's just an excuse for people to jack off to female Superman because superhero comics ae absolutely worthless
>hey Billy let's make female version of X character
>ebin xDD we will make lot's of cash because nerds will use it as fap material :DD

Boobs. That's really it.

different levels of fanservice

I can live with females being stupid oversensitive on stuff like this because "muh feelings", but when guys drink the koolaid is beyond pathetic.

yep.

There's no reason. They're not even two characters, they're just relics of pre-crisis DC.

Power Girl should be Supergirl when she's older and decides to have an independent identity.

Post more Power girl

Pretty much. Selfcest cheesecake lesbians is the greatest fetish known to man

They're very different and from what we know of future Supergirl she doesn't just turn into Powergirl. And she shouldn't, they're different characters with their own appeals.

Powergirl should just be retconned out of existence at this point. Literally only horny 12 year olds like her.

I like her and I'm a woman.

Good for you, do you know what a hyperbole is?

Dyke.

Are you a lesbian though? Her character is literally just fap material.

Personality makes all the difference. Watch Tiger and Bunny for a good example on how to execute two characters with the same power set.

LMAO I'm not gonna watch some gay ass fucking korean cartoon about edgelords throwing bigger kamehamas with each episode or whatever the fuck is this chickenfuck bullfuck no one heard about.

One is for the petite crowd and the other is for the readers who likes big fat tits, it's not hard to understand OP.

Same powers, different personalities.
By your logic, one street-level fighter per comic book universe is enough.

well, when you've got two characters sufficiently powered to instantly solve all problems (and another who just needs some prep-time), and you add two more because they have tits (and several more to appeal to the gay pedos), shit gets silly.

One of them is usually better at using those powers

You thought fapping nerds was the main demographic in 1959? Supergirl was made for girls.

It's been years since I've seen it but I thought they had different powers, like Tiger was superpowerful but only for five minutes while Bunny had another moveset all together

Sky High best boy

Are you implying Punisher and Daredevil have similar personalities?

She was made for lesbians.

>supergirl was made for girls

No, I can't really see how that would work. DC execs would have to be delusional and stupid to think girls would read comics.

Even for trolling, that's weak.

Because Supergirl is merely a genderbent Superman while Powergirl has been created from scratch.

Even Anita Sarkeesian admitted that making strong womyn characters via merely genderbending existing male characters is a dead end.

Nope, both of them have the power of 100 men for five minutes. It does make for an interesting story about a Middle Aged Super Hero being supplanted by the new blood, though.

>Selfcest
Be honest, Sup Forums. Would you fuck yourself?

Do you?

Looking in the mirror, I'd say...no.

Hell yeah
Plus, I would finally get a reason to take good care of myself and go to the gym - gotta be pretty for myself

No, that's my point exactly. Similar powers mean shit if the characters are different enough, hence street level characters.

Powergirl has bigger tits. Plus dom lesbian scenes.

Two characters with the same powers usually come from the same franchise. In that case the point is to have as many popular characters as possible.

GLs used to support a book each, and DC could probably give every batfamily member except Duke and Harper a book and it'll at least be above cancellation level.

No I'm not a lesbian, I liked her as a character in the Palmiotti/Grey series. She's a self-made woman with a successful business and a kryptonian powerset. She deals with more real life problems as well as super shenanigans (at least in that series) which I liked. Her being very pretty helps to, and I liked her cute friendship with Terra. I don't know much about her besides that series though.

only if i can put a paper bag over my head

>I prefer Supergirl!

Said no one ever.

When I got into comics, I didn´t even knew that supergirl existed for a very long time. Powergirl though, back then she didn´t have a face for me either.

>t.indiean

One of us would have to get a sex change first, which knowing me would happen

I'm kinda cute.
I decided long ago that if I were to meet a clone, I'd fight and fuck him. And I hope he feels the same way.

Why fight?

Nah Tiger and Bunny is practically a love letter to western superheroes.

I don't think you do.

I do though

not that user, but how else would you decide who tops?

I like super girl because of her skirts length and hair

A lot of the time it ends up being an evil version of said character, then it totally relies on the personality swap on whether it works or not
See flash-reverse flash
Shazam-black adam
Green lantern-sinestro

All have the same powers but each character is good

Or your average Super Sentai/Power Rangers show.

I feel like Power Girl would work really well in an Ultimates type book for DC. Carol Danvers is basically a bully dyke Power Girl anyway.

I like when the sub is the one with bigger tits though.

(you)

Because when you're not worried about your opponent trying to knee your crotch or pull your hair or punch you in the face, it's fun.
A back and forth with no anger or ill will.

With smaller tits and none of the fun.

Yeah OP, what is the point of War Machine and Iron Man?

Somebody's got to do it.

Thank you

Probably.

In an instant perhaps. As long as other me is a girl.

To have a nigger Iron Man it's as useless as that nigger spider man and fucking Batgirl.

>What's the point of two characters with the same powers?
Dunno, planet Earth has 7 billion characters with the same powers and some people aren't bored yet.

>Mary Sue-Man

>Have a running joke with bf about me being an egomaniac
>Playing into this, decide call out my own name during sex instead of his
>Instead of laughing it off he gets into it
>Now he wants me to do this all the time and wants to roleplay him being a clone of me
What did I get myself into Sup Forums.

>BF

>Black Spider man
>Champion of Affirmative Action Comics

I'm ok with this

>BF

>>>/bro/

Is this the part where I post Power Girl?

Jesus

Power Girl is BIG

How fequently do you shame women in regards to their masturbation habits? You're a sexist if you don't and an asshole either way.

I love that slut shaming is one of the most misogynist things in the entire universe but shaming a man for being a virgin is A-OK

Please shut up.

Females should have no rights, they are so much below me that even dogs inspire bigger respect in me and I beat my fucking dog on regular basis. Fuck their feelings and fuck you.

Kek

And Flash and Supergirl were never to be seen again.

>Negro Superman just sort of standing there doing nothing

Wouldn't 2 Supermans be better than 1 in pretty much any given situation?

>Supergirl was made for girls.
how do you think the fans reacted to new black or female heroes in the old days? as bad as the current times or they were more like "whatever"?

If I was a cute girl I would. But right now, no.

mayyyybeeee

Butcha U sure does like her.

I certainly would try because it's really fucking hard to find someone with the same fetiches as me but sadly homosexuality isn't one.

I never understood the difference between powergirl and supergirl

>Watch Tiger and Bunny for a good example on how to execute two characters with the same power set.
Or, you know, read the tons of super hero comics that feature that.

>Leotard cut so high up it reaches her waist
I never knew I wanted this

Their personalities are quite different for one, but the most basic is that PG is Kara form Earth 2, where she arrived at a younger age to a Clark and Lois who were already married, so they raised her as a daughter. She's about 10 years older than Supergirl for the same reason that everyone from Earth 2 is a bit older. What that is, I can't say.
But Supergirl is Kara from Earth 1 Pre-Flashpoint or Earth 0 Post-Flashpoint.
Younger, more impulsive, etc. Also has issues with clones, but that's another story.

>Clark and Lois who were already married, so they raised her as a daughter.
is this still canon in pre-new 52?