Star Trek: Diversity

>asian captain
>black first officer (the lead)
>gay pilot
>muslim looking guy

Have we ticked all check boxes in the sjw oppression olympics or do we need some more forced shit?

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Discovery
redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2017/04/13/star-trek-discovery-lead-transgender/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mass effect vibe
>cheap CGI
>aliens who have never been in Trek before and this is a fucking prequel
>story messes up the whole chronology

>asian captain
She dies in the first episode.

Jason Isaacs is the straight white male Captain for the rest of the series.

I don't understand why you feel the need to manufacture and cultivate e-outrage.

>reminder that Star Trek was about making all cultures and races unite under the banner of humanity, casting off their superstitions and backwards thinking
>Reminder nu-Startrek is about accepting all cultures superstitions and backwards thinking

What did they mean by this?

Really? What's the source for this info user?

accept more muslim refugees goy, desert people are cool

>>cheap CGI
This will bother me so fucking much.
anyway, Trek Fans at Trekmovie love this for some reason despite the fact that they borrow visually a lot from the JJ Verse.
Coherence.

You forgot Jason Isaacs, who will actually be the Captain after Asian captain gets killed off in the pilot.

I think they fucked up though by including whites at all, since we all know by the 22nd century and beyond there won't be any left.

Asians will probably still look Asian though so that's accurate. The black officer could look a little more mixed but whatever.

>
>
This guy

they love it for muuh virtue signaling

>strong womyn
>people of colour
>better say we love it before I get labelled intolerant

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Discovery

>Jason Isaacs as Lorca: Captain of the Discovery.

Yay, white masculinity preserved.

Official CBS press releases state that Michelle Yeoh is the captain of the USS Shenzhou and Jason Isaacs is the captain of the USS Discovery.

Notice that the show is called Star Trek: Discovery, not Star Trek: Shenzhou. Notice that the death-sensing alien senses a lot of death coming up.

We are going to leave the Shenzhou behind.

Sigh, do I really need to explain this?

It will be about the struggle of the poc woman vs. the evil white male captain keeping her down. Keeping the asian cunt would have been better.

lol dude just read the imdb.

>pretending Trek wasn't always a marxist progressive lovefest

Just because you liked it as a kid doesn't mean it was ever compatible with your newfound alt-right sensibilities.

I cannot stand the lead girl.
Sasha from Walking dead was so fucking terrible, the actress cannot do any other expression and tone of acting except for "pissed off repressed black girl who don't need no man"

At least it means she'll die in Walking dead, don't listen to them saying she is going to do both. She'll be dead, oh yes.

guys please

Looks like an arab to me

Asians always getting the short end of the stick.

seriously are there no writers that say, okay after voyager this is what's going to happen in the star trek universe.
but nooooooooooooooo, they want to go back in time. didn't they learn their lesson from enterprise?
the fuck man.
it's like they're afraid to move forward.

>"pissed off repressed black girl who don't need no man"

Exactly what they need to counter the evil white man captain

>At least it means she'll die in Walking dead, don't listen to them saying she is going to do both. She'll be dead, oh yes.

She already died on WD

I've never wanted a Sci-fi show to fail so hard before.
I hope to fuck this is going to Stargate: universe before season 2 finishes.

>the captain isn't white
>you complain
>the captain is white
>you complain
>there is no possible quantum reality in the entire multiverse where you aren't looking for a reason to complain over nothing
Oh well.

because people reaching my level is genocide rreeee

I don't know guys. I'll have to wait till like the third episode to make sure they don't pull some sjw fuckery out of nowhere.

>TOS states there has never been a female starship captain up to that point
>set ten years before TOS
>TWO female captains
>one is a chingachongachong ah speaka no engrish
>lens flare
>cheap looking shots and set
>DUDE DUTCH ANGLES LMAO
>Klingons look like niggers
>Mass Effect aliens

Stop.

Oh did she? I still haven't watched the second half of the current season.
Good.

>Really? What's the source for this info user?

Michelle Yeoh is Captain of the USS Shenzhou, Jason Isaacs is Captain of the USS Discovery

Burnham is the First Officer of the Shenzhou and First Officer of the Discovery.

Put two and two together. Like, even if some fatal misfortune doesn't befall the Shenzhou, Burnham is transferring off it to the ship the show is titled for. If Yeoh's character isn't killed she'll be a supporting character not 'the' Captain.

welcome to America cuck

You mean the way PoC Uhura was constantly fighting Evil Kirk in JJTrek?

And yeah I know you're baiting because you want me to assure you the series will be good. I can't do that, I can only promise you I'll be downloading the series for free on torrent.

White did Data's cat change genders between show and movies?

Star Trek has always been like this, being progressive has always been star trek's shtick. Why are the hell are you whining again?

so is this taking in the new jj verse timeline? it has to be cause it looks all shiny and lens flare-y

JJTrek toned it down a bit, the show will be full on SJW

>I can only promise you I'll be downloading the series for free on torrent.

You are 200% right

Nobody cares polshitter. And Enterprise already had a woman as captain of the Enterprise's sister ship.

Sup Forums has forgotten how to do anything other than whine.

>no trans character
>no NB character
>no autistic characters

Still problematic how did this even get made

No, it's original timeline.

Because I cannot fucking wait to have dozens of episodes making commentary on current events with made up racism in USA thank to the liberal agenda of the show.

Prepare for hours of muuh slavery and muuh oppression episodes, including the mandatory time travel episodes to the civil war where evil white men treat the poc first officer like a slave.

Pottery.

But Star Trek has always been about diversity and being progressive there is no difference here. once again Sup Forums making everything about politics and you claim you're different and more intelligent than SJWs

>so is this taking in the new jj verse timeline? it has to be cause it looks all shiny and lens flare-y
Fortunately, it's in the classic timeline.
Unfortunately, the USS Kelvin is in the classic timeline too, so that's a justification for making this look like JJ-lite.

>Star Trek
>SJW
user, are you familiar with Star Trek at all?

Star Trek always was about diversity. It's a very American show, I don't know why you're watching it

the fuck is NB?

for space battles and space exploration you dense fuck

>Sup Forums spends months whining that the captain will be a black lesbian Muslim transsexual
>it turns out that Sup Forums is wrong
It's time to shut up and give it a chance.

Educate yourself shitlord

they just broke that into 4 parts, all are present

I don't see any lesbians, Muslims or transsexuals yet.

>Lead character is a black "needs no man" sterotype
>implying Sup Forums was wrong
That white guy is going to be out of the captains chair by the end of season 1, season 2 at the latest.

>mfw you spend more time talking about the things you hate than the things you truly care about

>JJTrek toned it down a bit, the show will be full on SJW

Nothing will ever be more SJW than Sisko bitching about a holodeck program set in a time that wasn't great for niggers.

Sorry but if you think Discovery will come anywhere near that level of cringe, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Doesn't the Star Trek vision of the future seem dangerously naive to anyone?
All aliens are basically like humans with funny looking noses or foreheads preaching white suburban values 1970's Southern California.

Not to mention the tech doesn't make any sense. Some questions:
>Why not mass produce Data? He's better in literally every single way. In fact, the future economy probably won't even involve humans, who will be phased out like an old obsolete farm animal.
>Or instead of an android, how about supersmart, superstrong genetically modified organisms? Seems like it would be quite easy to do in the 25th century or whatever the fuck it is. Whichever civilization produced them would gain a massive advantage over their competitors
>If you can travel at the speed of light, you can slam an asteroid into any planet at the speed of light as well, ending all life on the surface. Such an attack would be totally undetectable, undodgeable, utterly devastating genocide.
>Why are there still multiple races in the future, if everyone has been breeding together freely for centuries?

>"needs no man"
What indicates this?

>That white guy is going to be out of the captains chair by the end of season 1, season 2 at the latest.

Well yeah, one would hope so since Season 2 will be about an entirely different crew. As tends to happen with anthology series.

seealso
redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2017/04/13/star-trek-discovery-lead-transgender/
And while there is no lesbian (as far as we know) the only other white guy in the show is openly gay

Why is it trying to be so 'epic'? Star Trek was always foremost about fun. It was a dumb monster-of-the-week show in a novel setting. Even the diversity was tongue-in-cheek.

This seems like a series made by people who fundamentally don't understand what Star Trek is. They've latched onto the most superficial element, namely the diversity and sci-fi setting, and made it into a grimdark fantasy epic with a universe-saving heroic protagonist. It's like everything Star Trek is not.

Yeah I just don't get it, it's starting to piss me off I might actually take a break from Sup Forums for a while. It's always so negative here I'm not sure how half of you can even get out of bed in the morning.

Her attitude in the trailer and the fact that the actress can only play that role in everything she's ever done.

How much of a dipshit do you have to be to complain about diversity in a show that had an interracial kiss at a time where lynchings still happened?

They were praising the first lesbian scenes in Discovery (forgetting the DS9 trill sex)

There's a muslim dude The only white male is gay

Also, there's speculation the lead is trans

Nothing about that guy indicates that he is Muslim.

As for Michael, it's just a Bryan Fuller tradition to have women with male names, like Chuck and George.

The first 3 of your questions are literally covered by the content. Confirmed for idiot or troll.

What attitude?

>mfw you trolled so hard that someone started unironically believing all the baits

If the old Star Trek shows came on today, would Sup Forums still find ways bitch about it and complain about how it's
>m-m-muh anti white sjw propaganda

How many Jews are involved in the production of this?

Literally fucking all of them

Data can't be replicated, Dr Noonen was the only one able to make him, and he fucked it up the first few times too.

People aren't a labour resource anymore, their value is inherent rather than transactional thanks to space communism.

The Breen tried the genetic modification thing. It didn't end well.

Mutually assured destruction stops stops asteroid shenanigans.

lrn2genetics, races won't actually disappear in the future.

Michael is a unisex name not a male one

But that at least was pre starfleet so it doesn't screw too much up

>>reminder that Star Trek was about making all cultures and races unite under the banner of humanity, casting off their superstitions and backwards thinking
all the Federation """"exploration"""" ships are Navy war boats; that's as backwards thinking as it gets
>hello we are from earth, look at all your awesome weaponry. we come in peace.

voyager was a massive disappointment and was only saved from cancellation by putting a stunningly hot woman with the largest tits on TV into a skin tight suit.
Enterprise was garbage that failed because the show creators forgot what made startrek good for the first 3 seasons
DS9 was so bad that they had to dumb the show down and have a shitty war to appeal to the teenage fanboys.

We've waited so long for a good Startrek show and we've been given this steaming pile.
Luckily i just watch The Last Ship to scratch my startrek itch, it's literally just startrek on the ocean instead of space.

Not even memeing but you yourself don't appear to understand the show. It's not supposed to be epic, correct. It's not primarily about diversity, correct. It isn't even about space.

But it sure as shit is not meant to be a "dumb monster of the week show," as you put it. Star Trek is a slow paced show about moral quandaries and the best episodes have no monsters or action scenes.

I agree that this new one seems to miss the point and go full JJ but your post triggered the fuck out of me because you obviously don't get it either.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>they fell for the meme-opinions
>for real

the fuck you smoking?

I'll tell you as soon as you tell me how many idiots are involved in the production of Sup Forums

"They"? What scenes?

What is Muslim about that character?

What do you mean "only white male" when we know of at least two, Rapp and Isaacs? How little attention are you paying? Are you just making this up as you go along?

Speculation doesn't mean anything anymore after you've been wrong about so much.

>what attitude
Rebel, tough, need no man, arrogant, sassy.

Because this thread is full of underage newfags that came here during gamergate

>Michael is a unisex name

It absolutely is not

That's why we have Michelle

Yeah but I'm not talking about show-logic
I'm talking about real logic

The Star Trek vision of the future is completely naive, not logically consistent

Go back to watching inforwars then billy bob

>Isaacs
>white

Why do you care if a show doesn't have white characters

>Asian captain
>her ship has the most Chinese name

Haha holy shit

The show hasn't even came out yet you retard, ust go play Star Trek online if you care that much.

t. nigger or muslim shit

In what way has she embodied those?

Because I don't want political propaganda in my spaceship pew pew

I wouldn't care if shatner or picard was back it looks like shit.

Then Star Trek isn't for you.

when you can't understand when someone's opinion is some ironical flame or not, you know that is place is gone full circle

The asteroid attack is covered sometimes in the books/games. I think I even recall an TNG episode that tangentially dealt with an asteroid intercepting a planet (though it was weaponized). Its usually not as undetectable or unpreventable as suggested. Also, its not something you do. It takes a significant amount of time/resources/planning to accomplish such an attack, all of which give plenty of opportunity for the target to disrupt it.

How is he not white
>is European(English)
>blue eyes
>pale skin
>typical Caucasian facial structure

The man played Lucius Malloy in HP movies and was white as fuck in those

Why do I care if the jewish film directors are deliberately purging white people from the films targetted towards a mass white audience in order to advertise a multi-cultural, multi-racial vision of the future that intentionally blends away white people, white civilization, and white communities?

No, nothing to be upset about

DUDE TECHNOLOGY LMAO