Watched the movies recently, after putting off on it during their release dates. The first one is surprisingly good...

Watched the movies recently, after putting off on it during their release dates. The first one is surprisingly good, on par with Raimi's first one. The second one is a mess with some genuine sparks of heart and creativity.

Overall 7/10 trilogy, worth my watch, would probably have watched the third one. I also prefer Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone to Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. I feel Maguire stopped trying after the first movie.

What were your thoughts, Sup Forums?

>Overall 7/10 trilogy
>trilogy

Still better than Agents of S.H.I.T.

I like em.
They feel more "realistic" in comparison to the Raimi ones. I also like the overall aesthetic more. Raimi's have that slightly off-putting "early 2000s" feel to them (like the original X-men) where everything felt kinda fake and cheesy. Sorta like Glamrock.

>tfw hate this pseudo-realism bullshit, love Glamrock and cheesiness
H-hi, Bizarro me.

Like them both better than Raimi's shit, they actually felt like Spiderman movies not fucking Superman movies pretending to be Spiderman.

The Webb movies are only "more Spider-Man" in the most superficial ways, like webshooters and quips.

Those little things are what makes Spider-Man though. The most important part of adapting any character to the big screen is the little things, like how they make jokes or character quirks.

>spiderman is only about jokes

Wew

No, it's the core themes, character motivations, and conflicts.

>Trilogy
>2 movies
>Implying there was heart behind any of ASM2 especially after reading those fucking emails

ASM 2 was undeniably not good.
ASM is hands down the best Spider-man movie made. I watched it last night for the xth time and it's close to perfect. Only part I didn't like was the promise Peter broke just in time for the end of the movie.

>inb4 muh skater chad parker
He played an infinitely better Peter than Raimi's autistic sperg.

Yeah and Web did those better than Raimi's crap.

Guys when he says trilogy he's referring to the first 3 SM films

Okay OP

ASM1 is okay with some potential. ASM2 ruins all that potential with awful sequel set ups. SM 1&2 are still the best, but I understand criticism with characterization in those films. Thankfully MCU Pete is the most comic accurate version so far.

The first Amazing Spider-man movie was average. Nothing memorable about it and it was a carbon copy of the first Raimi film with a lower budget. The second one was an utter mess.

Overall: Pointless Reboot/10

I'm one of the few people that love them (other than the protogoblin design)

great acting, chemistry, humor, action, design

there were some cool touches like his muffled voice under the mask

I agree with this user, I don't like the editing and overall feel of the original trilogy, I loved it as a kid but it has aged poorly
the only good thing is the long doc ock fight from the clock tower to the train derailing

Holland is really promising so far

I really don't get the hate for ASM2, there are some pretty good ideas there

>>The GOAT costume
>>Chemistry between the leads
>>Andrew in costume really "body act" - no need to show the crybaby face like pic related
>>Actual funny
>>But especially the movement - swing, and crawl- it's soooo good

Srsly BvS is pretty worst, and don't get the universal hate
>>inb4 muh symbolism

You really didn't need to bring BvS into this.

Well, I'm really disappointed with the movie. My expectations were low, but still, I like Snyder and the DC properties- Fuck, Superman is my favorite character.
I guess I couldn't get over it.

People hate the movie because they waste all of the stuff you mentioned, along with the emotional significance of Gwen's death by shoehorning in Harry as the Green Goblin, just so they can (poorly) set up the Sinister Six.

Whole movie should have been about Electro as a tragic villain. Keep Rhino as a minor villain, maybe have references to other villains or have a very small scene with someone like Shocker. That would have been okay setup for a future Sinister Six film that would ideally come out after a third film that sets up the other members. The rushed bullshit we got ruined some really enjoyable Spidey scenes.

So, it had potential, the studio wanted a MCU without the effort. But it HAD POTENTIAL.
Nailing the character is the hard part, good films could come after.
Reboot is when is broke beyond repair, like Fant4stic, there was no way of saving Dr. Doom.
Spider have years of publication after the death of Gwen.

I feel like ASM2 is saved whenever Spider-Man himself was on screen. Problem is, it doesn't happen as often as I want.

>Actual funny
Name me one scene

>Spider have years of publication after the death of Gwen.
Funny because according to the leaked emails, ASM3 was going to be about Peter using rejuvenation formula to bring Gwen and her dad back to life

Gwen too

>Overall 7/10 trilogy

stopped reading right there

its a 0/10 trilogy when the third movie gets cancelled to reboot the franchise

Not him but I'm planning on watching it tonight, I'll get back to you in a few hours.

"I Was Cleaning the Chimney"
>>One

You could find anything in that leak, Sony is the bad guy in this.
They rushed.
They pulled the plug.

>Peter using rejuvenation formula to bring Gwen and her dad back to life
You must be kidding. That's like, the OMD of capekino.

I wouldn't put an adaptation of OMD out of question for the Sony Execs. "I mean, these nerds on the internet won't shut up about it, it can't be bad, right?"

It had potential but it was ruined by executive incompetence. Even if you ignore the flaws, it's such an awful setup for future movies. The whole appeal of the Sinister Six is they're all of Spidey's former foes ganging up on him. Harry giving them gear and essentially creating them is lame and misses the point.

Not to mention Peter is fucking awful in that movie whenever he's out of costume.

The reality is discussing this is pointless when Civil War managed to nail the best live action version of Spider-Man in the shortest amount of screentime.

>>The whole appeal of the Sinister Six is they're all of Spidey's former foes ganging up on him.
Agreed
>>Not to mention Peter is fucking awful in that movie whenever he's out of costume.
Not awful, just not much like Peter (Rami's was the best Peter Parker).

Again, does wasted potential make it worst than no potential at all?
i.e. X-Men DoFP,

>Let's have him snapchat the whole thing because it's trendy!

>Tfw loved the first ASM and enjoyed ASM2
>Tfw was excited for ASM3 and S6
>Tfw people automatically hate these movies just because they aren't Raimi's despite them being so much more faithful and understanding of Spider-Man
>Tfw Sony had to ruin everything that Webb had planned (The "Untold story", ASM2 being darker and more cohesive, etc) and gave people more reasons to hate the films

I'm legit shocked people even still wanted Sony in charge of this franchise after seeing this kind of shit

You have shit taste pal

To some extent, seeing a potentially enjoyable film ruined is almost worse than seeing a thoroughly bad film stay bad. And the choices made in ASM2 are so painfully stupid and poorly written. The movie is a chore to watch, plain and simple. DOFP is actually enjoyable.

And Holland is the best Parker, hands down. Maguire stays too shy, Garfield had some nice moments, but by ASM2 he's just Spidey out of costume.

As someone who was once felt similarly, you're wrong. I loves ASM when I first saw it, but the reality is that it's just okay at best. ASM2 is awful. And despite some flaws in the Raimi films, the ASM films do not at all understand Spider-Man man better. You're looking at superficial shit and reading into things that aren't there. I did that myself.

Did you see Civil War? New Spidey is best Spidey.

The first one is enjoyable, but is extremely dated already just by how it tries to ape the Nolanverse in look and tone.

The bright, "comic booky" look of ASM2 is great, it's just a shame that the movie is such a mess. Biggest problem with it is that it stinks of studio meddling, and it feels like two movies are going on at once.

Garfield probably wasn't the best choice, but he tried his best. His take on Peter worked well in the first one. Stone was good too, but she might as well have been playing Ultimate Mary Jane. They had great chemistry together.
Dehann was really entertaining in the second one, Green Goblin should have been the only villain in the movie.

SM2 is still the best Spider-Man movie.

Every big movie studio does shit like this, why people were shocked by this is absurd. I guarantee you that even Feige himself has had email exchanges similar to this and the other leaks.

Chuckle worthy but wasn't hilarious. I was expecting more of a genuine funny scene.

You act as if any other studio is different.

>>DOFP is actually enjoyable.
Everything good in DoFP, came from FC -- the casting of Magneto/Xavier, being set in the fucking past
It felt like a chore, retconing the universe, and wasting Quicksilver for a diss
----
You know what is hilarious?
The dance scene from SM3

>Kevin seems offended

>implying the scene wasn't supposed to be hilarious

i find the movie kinda comfy but it had some problems with hunting uncle's ben killer. i liked garfield's spiderman

>Only part I didn't like was the promise Peter broke just in time for the end of the movie.
i agree kinda wished they did that in sequel

>tfw no "giant man thowing a bus, spidey catching it and throwing back followed by a *here's your change!*"

The funniest part of it was when he slapped MJ aka the 'dramatic' part.

You can't honestly look at that and say "well that's normal". Everything in there is completely insane and proves all the problems with ASM2

>I like Snyder
he should go back directing gritty action movies like 300 to be honest same with micheal bay going back with the shit they like and know than ruining things they don't understand

sony has been making too much bad decisions lately

>You can't honestly look at that and say "well that's normal".
It's completely normal for a giant corporation. Do I think it's good? no, but stuff like this is commonplace in the entertainment industry.

The things you listed are quite literally the only good things about the movie. It's one of the few movies that I could watch and very specifically recognize and explain everything bad with it.

it sucks there is a concept art where peter is beating the living shit out of harry it would been dramatic

Pls Expand.

Bay still have something in him.
i.e. No Pain, No Gain
Snyder is losing his mind with the symbols and references.

It's insane, but it's the norm.

There's actually images of Garfield and Dehann filming that scene, it was cut at the last minute.

Bookending Rhino and wasting Paul Giamatti already makes ASM2 a failure for me