/archi/

Share interesting projects from your city :

>must be under construction
>renders and actual photos
>short project description

Grand Hôtel Dieu in Lyon, a restoration of a historical hospital complex turned into commercial areas, office space, public space, a luxury hotel and a culinary museum. The city has lent the complex for private companies for several years because of lack of public funding. It mixes historical and contemporary architecture

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f2rguZd5YZk
youtube.com/watch?v=xHVWNQP0-mc
youtube.com/watch?v=ep3c7J2F-_k
youtube.com/watch?v=K7sAAY5KwKk
img.artlebedev.ru/everything/metro/shakespeare/train.png
vary.idnes.cz/pozvi-rusa-do-domu-ukradne-ti-vlast-hlasaly-plakaty-v-karlovych-varech-1mk-/vary-zpravy.aspx?c=A140703_163019_vary-zpravy_slv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

context pls

very nice, I have seen similar appoaches here. It keeps the facade intact and looks pretty comfy.

they have a few projects, but I guess in the end it will be mainly living space for the rich.

youtube.com/watch?v=f2rguZd5YZk
youtube.com/watch?v=xHVWNQP0-mc

also, pic related

maybe this tower
its about to be finished

Biggest freshwater aquarium in the world or at least it was now the construction is delayed.

They built one of the biggest tropical green houses, with little rivers inside

Campo Grande mencionado!

nice plantains

youtube.com/watch?v=ep3c7J2F-_k

As nice as it's from inside, I don't like the look of this thing at all.

Old power plant is being turned into lofts and offices.

That's awesome, I love things like this. Just imagine having an apartment room with 5 meters high ceiling.

A hockey arena confirmed to be built in the next decade. They'll build it on top of the train tracks.

The laundering of money by paving streets in the periphery counts as a project?

>The laundering of money by paving streets in the periphery

How is it laundering? It must be done anyway

You are honorary Russian.

>Just imagine having an apartment room with 5 meters high ceiling.

Not very good for heating.

yes, but usually you pay much less for buying or renting. This is an old spinning factory, which they turned into a living space. It's very popular.

youtube.com/watch?v=K7sAAY5KwKk

>politicians create construction companies and raw materials for it
>move public works with millions and millions of overpricing to these companies
>It must be done anyway, so the people eats the meme
I feel honored user

Here's another project then, an old vodka factory is being rebuilt as an office centre for Google.

They're finally going to ruin Ålesund with memebuildings

>politicians create construction companies and raw materials for it
>move public works with millions and millions of overpricing to these companies

That's a different story then. But Argentina doesn't seem to be that corrupt.

There's a shit ton of building projects going on in Amsterdam currently due to a shortage in hotels, housing and office space, but most of it is not that exciting to see.

I do love this new building which is currently under construction. It's called Pontsteiger and offers apartments for sale and for rent. Not cheap though, I think the penthouse on top is one of the most expensive pieces of real estate in the city. But it does offer a lot. Great location near the city center and the water, easy connection to the ring road and you can actually own a car unlike those who live in the city center.

Thankfully there were enough protests against tearing down the old buildings so they're forced to build most of their new memebuildings in the sea.

Looks like you NEED a car, unlike those who live in the city center. And good luck parking in Amsterdam.

>Argentina
>not that corrupt.
this country is doomed with police mafia, politic mafia, unionist mafia... Every kind of mafia except real mafia, could you believe me user?

Tampere tram.
It will fuck up citys traffic for about 5 years it takes to build it. Costs fucking arm and a leg, business in centre will suffer but atleast we get meme transportation.
Originally it was supposed to be build in 1903 but meh.

Didn't Macri save you?

poor china tier city

It's pretty much next to the city center. You could easily bike to the center or go to Central Station (in the background next to the water) and take the train, tram, subway or bus to anywhere. Most suits will probably still take the 15 minute car ride to the business district though.

we are getting a few tram tracks in the city centre resulting in a lot less buses driving around and jamming every other street

Old abandoned vodka factory being turned into a complex consisting of apartments, office spaces for IT companies including Google, shops, services, and also a Museum of Vodka.

good now you can buy some skoda trams

i dont get it

slovak here so posting for bratislava

sky park

Macri just increased the debt and is going to collapse our economy.... again. Every politician, if there is, that want to change the situation of the country, replaced down by economic speculation, political influence, mediatic monopoly and so on. We live in a fucking destopic place down here, and is pretty sad because we don't really deserve all this crap.

Old power station will become new Apple HQ

Its huge in person

>business in centre will suffer when more people come to the centre by tram

Is replaced*

new bus station

thanks eu funds

i hope you are only demolishing commieshit

national stadium

simply horrible
these are good ones

sorry we are getting Finnish trams
5 years is a long time for small businesses

before

yeah but Finnish trams are skoda

Thought it was kinda anime illustration at first glance.

oh didn`t know about that
cool I quess

the gov is rebuilding a number of historic buildings in the castle district of Budapest that were torn down after being heavily damaged during WWII
this is the building of the royal riding hall, to be finished by spring 2018

New extension for the arts university in Leeds

Are they using the same blueprints or modernizing it?

another large scale construction project is the refurbishment of Budapest's City Park, which entails the building of a number of new museums
pic related will house the Museum of Ethnography
construction starts this month

they will be completely modern buildings in everything but their style

looks cool but you should spend some money on these cuk appartment houses

Artificial peninsula Zorrozaurre will be turned into an island soon.
The river always flowed through pic related's right route, which is a natural meander. Left one is an artificial canal (known as Canal de Deusto) built in the 50s and 60s that will be opened at both ends next year.

I love Órban for rebuilding nice stuff from 19th century.

Some walls and bridges are built before opening the canal.

the new Ferenc Puskás Football Stadium will be the country's largest sports venue

those are all privately owned, the government can't do too much for them

in the middle of the 21st century, and the architects, builders and politicians are still determined to destroy the harmony and beauty of the cities.

Modernism is the greatest intellectual crime since communism.

Estimated end result will turn the former industrial peninsula into a modern residential island.

of course you can subsidize them

like repair your home and we give you 30´percent of the budget

works quite well here

you don't know how us Hungarians are
most of us rather live in filth if that means they can keep all their money to themselves - we're too selfish to spend money on things that benefit primarily the collective and not the individual

More and more commieblocks
Spain is a fucking shithole
I really hate our urbanist thinking (100% third world)

>(100% third world)

It would be favelas.

Looks like you didn't learn with commieblocks

>lets flatten this entire area and build 3 high rises that will sure brighten things up

Why is Budapest so beautiful, I also want to have such a pretty city here reeeee

Due to a weird "Year of English language and British literature", we got this new Shakespearean train in Metro.

Can't upload the image of a whole train (12mb), but here's the link:
img.artlebedev.ru/everything/metro/shakespeare/train.png

One of the highest population densities in Spain and lack of flat land leave us no choice, but you're right. Blocks are mostly ugly.
(Building lots of taller blocks also means more profit for real estate owners, but that's another story.)

And a new park

Did we pay for that or. something? wut

Unfortunately, no :(

It's the first time I really dislike what Lebedev's studio did.

So apparently we had a similar thing but for Russia

this is cosplay
I get why they want to do it and they seem to be making an honest effort to make it look nice but a building is so much more than the facade
you could even make a pretty good case that it's the least important part of the building

we have russian movie festival

with some effort we can be all friends lads

Tell the people in Grenfell that

Makes sense.

I understand that Solaris is goto film, but Battleship Potemkin!? I doubt that someone wants to watch 1920's movies these days.

How do people react to this?

People like Eisenstein's kino and it still gets studied in film schools

True. Doesn't mean that people will rush to movie theaters.

I don't think so.
vary.idnes.cz/pozvi-rusa-do-domu-ukradne-ti-vlast-hlasaly-plakaty-v-karlovych-varech-1mk-/vary-zpravy.aspx?c=A140703_163019_vary-zpravy_slv

They are building like an entire city, made out of modern commieblocks. I don't know how many 10 thousands apartments these are. I guess it will look worse after 20 years. It's probably the biggest project in Germany.

The landscaping's lovely, at least.